Namco Bandai Smash Bros. game on Wii U will have new characters

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • August 20, 2012 at 7:25 a.m. PDT
Namco Bandai Smash Bros. game on Wii U will have new characters During an address at the CEDEC developers conference, Masahiro Sakurai, designer from the Smash Bros. series, briefly mentioned the next entry in the franchise he's working on with Namco Bandai, stating that, "It's fun making new skills for new characters."

Possibly hinting at who some of these characters could be, back in June, Sakurai added that he's doing his best to bring old characters back to the series as well.

Those of you hoping the next Smash Bros. game will have a huge roster should keep in mind this statement made by Sakurai.

“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.”

All of these comments taken together suggest that some old faces may be returning, at the expense of a few fighters who appeared in the last Smash Bros. game.

Which previous fighters do you think will be making a comeback, and which ones would you like to see dropped from the Wii version? Leave a comment below with your thoughts.

Via: The Official Nintendo Magazine UK.

Comments

Hajiki said on August 20, 2012 at 7:36 a.m.

It's a new game, isn't it kind of obvious to expect new characters?

HyperViperNZ said on August 20, 2012 at 7:38 a.m.

Lol what? I'd be suprised if it DIDN'T have new characters...

Skye said on August 20, 2012 at 7:46 a.m.

Well that's fine isn't it? Even I think SSBB's roster was big enough. They should keep it that size, take out the clones, take out the stupid jokes characters and bring in some new guys for our playing pleasure.

JustSTFU said on August 20, 2012 at 7:55 a.m.

Eventhubs not gonna cover Guilty Gear?

Doopliss said on August 20, 2012 at 7:56 a.m.

R.O.B's chances are great atm... Not even Ganondorf is a given anymore. I don't like where this is going...

SuperNitroWing200 said on August 20, 2012 at 7:57 a.m.

They should put PacMan in this, since Namco would be joining the team

GodPride said on August 20, 2012 at 8:02 a.m.

It sounds like there'll be fewer recurring characters this time around and a smaller roster. They're definitely aiming for Quality over Quantity. I wonder what characters will make a return.

Ermapume said on August 20, 2012 at 8:04 a.m.

Bring forth Mewtwo!

TioClone said on August 20, 2012 at 8:07 a.m.

@ #5

I certainly hope Ganondorf would be a given, considering he comes from one of Nintendo's most important and best-selling franchises. The same goes for Link and Zelda. Even if they end up garbage tier (like they were in Brawl), they're icons.

</end denial>

FatMus2 said on August 20, 2012 at 8:14 a.m.

I really want to see Ghirahim make a playable appearance. I think it's a given that Mario, Link and Kirby return. I don't really want to see anyone leave the roster except maybe the Link clones (ie Toon and Young) and bring in MM Link with the mask transformations.

KissofPoison said on August 20, 2012 at 8:19 a.m.

R.O.B. can go and stay gone. Bring back Mewtwo!!! As long as I keep Zelda <3

Neoxon said on August 20, 2012 at 8:27 a.m.

As long as they keep Sonic, I'm happy.

Scourge739 said on August 20, 2012 at 8:33 a.m.

Mewtwo. Also Dr.Mario even though he was pretty much the same damn character but them pills were godlike. And Mewtwo

HyperViperNZ said on August 20, 2012 at 8:39 a.m.

As long as Peach is still in, I'm happy.
If a couple of characters had to be dropped, I could care less about Lucario and R.O.B. No offense if anybody mains any of those 2. I just don't like em.

ZeDudd said on August 20, 2012 at 8:41 a.m.

@8,11,13
Agreed. I don't get why Mewtwo was removed in Brawl in the first place anyway.
He wasn't even a clone.

...err, i mean, he IS a clone of Mew.
But not a move-set clone of any other character in the game.

Also, Mewtwo has much more significance in the pokemon franchise than jigglypuff or Lucario. (being the final boss/legendary in the orginal pokemon red and blue/green, villain in the first and best pokemon movie, being the secret final boss in Pokemon Stadium, had a bad-ass voice actor and even more bad-ass lines in the japanese version of Melee, etc)

I do like Lucario, but i don't think he was a worthy successor/replacement for Mewtwo. (and Jigglypuff shouldn't have been in this franchise to begin with.)
-No offense to people who love these two.

Cammystrike said on August 20, 2012 at 8:47 a.m.

No Ice Climbers, no buy for me.

steve said on August 20, 2012 at 8:47 a.m.

Ill play this game as long as there's no 8min games. That's just to dang long!!! Make it 3min max. The running away turtle gabage is beyond dumb n this game. chars should all do hugh damage because of the running/turtle factor. 5 or even 8 min match to long for any tourny. If ever in evo they would have to make it 5days long just because of smash talking forever to finish. That's just me anyways

J said on August 20, 2012 at 8:54 a.m.

They can get rid of Ike/PKMN Trainer/Snake/Sonic/Toon Link/Wolf/Lucas, imo.

AdaWongLover5 said on August 20, 2012 at 9:01 a.m.

Hell yeah, bring me Mewtwo! But I'd like to see... hmmm... how about Travis Touchdown!

Superjocke92 said on August 20, 2012 at 9:25 a.m.

Honestly, imo, they should remove some "clones". If we get rid of Wolf and/or Falco, there's like 2 spots right there. Then remove Toon Link, R.O.B. (he should be exclusive to Brawl just because of the Subspace Emissary), Snake, and Sonic and you have 4 more spots. Lucas and Luigi are technically "clones" too, but they do represent their franchises quite well.

As long as some classic characters like Marth, Zelda, Ice Climbers, Peach, and Bowser from Melee, as well as all original characters from first game (Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby are a given) stays I'm cool. Keep original characters like Ike, Olimar, Pit, Wario, and Meta Knight as well imo. I see no reason to cut them out as long as they aren't similar. Maybe if they can let themselves increase the ammount of charcters to like 45 and things might work out. Also, cutting out Ganondorf and Jigglypuff might work, while bringing back Mewtwo over Lucario.

We'll just have to wait and see, but like I said, I see no reason to cut out original characters.

OnegaiShimasu said on August 20, 2012 at 9:30 a.m.

I can see Toon Link/Lucario/Wolf not making it.

illness690 said on August 20, 2012 at 9:33 a.m.

UhDewSea said on August 20, 2012 at 9:38 a.m.

Meh, agree about toon link, but everyone else can stay since they're different. Imo I would like wolf to stay, as a starfox villain, but he needs a reworking specials-wise. I really like lucas, he's my main, but I would rather have ness be buffed and given lucas' pk fire. I used ness in smash and melee.

Starfox- Landmaster!
Falco- landmaassterr!
Wolf- landmaster!
............ are you f***ing kidding me.

MugenLord said on August 20, 2012 at 9:40 a.m.

Here is what Nintendo should do as far as roster and character selection.

-Remove List-

Toon Link: If he doesn't release a new game featuring him then he should be removed and just keep Adult Link or make him a costume swap.

StarWolf: Just remove him, too similar to StarFox moveset

Falco: Too similar to StarFox MoveSet.

Ganondorf: Thats only if they don't change his moveset to make him more original, there is no way he should be a heavier Captain Falcon Clone.

Lucario: He is going to be removed with a newer pokemon in the franchise with similar abilities.

JigglyPuff: Remove her and keep Lucario if they have too and replace her with a newer Pokemon.

Lucas: Only because Ness is much more popular than him and the fact mother 3 had never met a US release and didn't sell as well as they expected in Japan or a costume swap for Ness.

Ike: I am pretty sure they can replace him with a current Fire Emblem Character.

R.O.B.: I thought he was go WTF character in the game but I think its time to move on.

Mr. Game&Watch: I am still on the fence with this one, I mean he was included in respect for the creator who died but I mean there could be other characters who could have been in his place.

With all do respect to the players that uses them but I think in order to make this game feel fresher some characters need to be replaced.

-Add List-

little Mac: He haven't had a game in years but finally made a recent debut for the wii and even though was an assist trophy in Brawl, I think it would give the New Smash Brothers game some flavor if they add a Boxing Style character to the game.

Crystal: Even though she is the female fox in the StarFox franchise I think they should give her the dinosaur planet look including her staff, a staff fighter would be interesting in this game.

Isaac: Come on give Golden Sun some Action, I mean I think he is a pretty cool character, giving him some summons, and cool sword movesets.

Dixie Kong: Think that would be cool to see what they come up with and adding some unique attacks using her hair.

Andy: I would like to see what they do with the main character from advance wars.

Sami: The Female support character from advance would be sweet too.

-Characters who should return-

Mario (Wii U version)
Link (Skyward Sword or Wii U Version)
Princess Peach
Zelda/Shiek
Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Pit
Ness
Bowser
Luigi
Marth (New 3DS Marth maybe some added moves)
Samus/ZeroSuit
MetaKnight (They really need to fix him up a bit)
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Kirby
King Dededee
Captain Olimar
Wario

-Third Party Characters-
Sonic
Snake
Luke (The Tales of the Abyss Team is on board from NamcoBandi)
Pacman
Bomberman

This is all I can think of for now.

AutomatonX said on August 20, 2012 at 9:44 a.m.

@8, 11, 13, 15, 19, 20

Wild MEWTWO needs to reappear!

obscura9 said on August 20, 2012 at 9:47 a.m.

Scourge739 said on August 20, 2012 at 9:48 a.m.

@#17 why would it not be on 8 mins? They have 3 lives. So you want the game to be 3 mins and keep timing over like >no name given< ?

Travizion said on August 20, 2012 at 9:49 a.m.

the 4th Super smash Bros Game ok

anon1010 said on August 20, 2012 at 9:50 a.m.

Ouendan characters. I DEMAND IT.

FuryofFrog said on August 20, 2012 at 9:57 a.m.

Take out dumb clones.

Add in Samurai Goroh and Little Mac

Add in Pilotwings 64 characters and Advance Wars.

Yep. I wouldn't mind seeing Susumaru from Mr. Driller in there as well.

J said on August 20, 2012 at 10:12 a.m.

I'd like to see an Animal Crossing character.

JesseRobles said on August 20, 2012 at 10:31 a.m.

As long as it has Peach and Zelda I'm happy.

etherHATESether said on August 20, 2012 at 10:47 a.m.

Everyone saying that Wolf is simila to Fox, has no idea what they're talking about.

analogos said on August 20, 2012 at 10:50 a.m.

what the hell do you people have against ROB? jesus christ. that dude is legit as hell

Dan_CiTi said on August 20, 2012 at 10:59 a.m.

People's requests for characters in Smash Bros. games is always pretty funny / random / shaky.

Brawl's roster was pretty damn amazing. Loving the EarthBound, Kirby, Pokemon, and MGS franchises they did such a good job. Lucas, Deedeedee, Meta Knight, Snake, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario. So good.

I hope Sonic doesn't come back, and I doubt Snake will. Same with ROB too. I wish Ganon and Toon Link would get unique movesets. I'm surprised Toon Link didn't have stuff like the Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, etc. They could have had leaf pumping like in TWW!

Lucario probably won't return, but I don't know who would replace him. I hope PKMN Trainer returns and has a counter part like PKMN Rival or something that looks like Blue from PKMN FireRed/LeafGreen and has much more exotic pokemon.

We will see Skyward Sword and Galaxy 2 versions of Mario & Zelda characters I imagine, which is good because I loved their designs (especially Zelda). And since SS Link does not have a boomerang, would they just give him one? Or actually make him an original character and then have Toon Link be the boomerang wielder, but again I wish he would be more original too.

Overall, I hope they have cool additions like Brawl, get rid of clones, bring back the fun/unique characters (revamp some a bit too), and are smart in picking new characters, stages, and features, oh and get rid of tripping.

courte said on August 20, 2012 at 11:11 a.m.

The time of Wolf, TL, Lucario, beefcake Ganon, Rob, and even Pit has come... and gone. Perhaps even Lucas, MK, and D3. There are hundreds more pokemon to choose from, though the throne belongs to mewtwo. The rumors of an alternate pokemon trainer with a team composed of starters from gen 2, 3, and 4 are legit. Jiggly's been a staple but new blood might be what's necessary. A Melee Spacie player has a longer list of grievances than a R.O.B. player. You can't be that mad at what's brand new.

Advance Wars Bring 'em in I say. But don't say no clones and request two characters from a game who literally did nothing. I'm not being an a$$hole here. I'm well aware of their capabilities in game but lets be frank. Little Mac is known for being a boxer, Saki from Sin and Punishment can be the new Pit, minus Flight. Isaac can bring any weapon, Djinn and psynergy skill from golden sun. The Advance wars commanders... tell people and units what to do. I know they all have CO skills and in game could summon little tanks and etc, batallion wars guys. But they aren't so different from Fox and Falco who mostly... flew around all Top Gun.

For arguments against spacies, go back and look at Ryu and Ken in Super Turbo compared to their differences in marvel, or even SF4. Those changes are wide and occurred over, what, 20 games? Crytal being the exception. She debuted cracking heads with that staff.

Bowser for Bowser Jr.
Samurai Goroh? Bad Character is Bad
Takamaru has a new game coming out. Also, actual samurai is samurai.
Anyone whose played Fire Emblem knows there is SO much more. Marth, Ike, peace. Roy was never designed to par. Think of him as SFI Ken.
Samus[Zero Suit], Ridley, and randomly pick any of the metroid prime hunters.

DK is as good as it's going to get. Nintendo should only pull from things as much as they put in.

As for third party characters, ask yourself how u felt about every guest character in soul calibur past number 2?

The Entire zelda crew has potential redesigns and room to work with, they just have to make the right ones. i have no problem with two links. just make them two links. not link and link lite. TL did a better job than young, granted that was the first attempt.

In closing of this sure to be flagged post, GINO FOR SMASH!

azik21 said on August 20, 2012 at 11:13 a.m.

Just make an official release of melee 2.0 and its gonna sell

561 said on August 20, 2012 at 11:16 a.m.

toad that is all

courte said on August 20, 2012 at 11:32 a.m.

making a melee 2.0 is like making another SF2 at this point. there is no such thing as melee 2.0, and if there is it'd be a community project. no yoshi player liked getting absolutely trounced like a playtoy by fox.

they stuck to it, just like that dude who played shotos in MVC2. i promise they weren't super happy about fighting a MSS but they fought on.

xXsentijamal420Xx said on August 20, 2012 at 11:39 a.m.

they should give clones like falco and ganondorf completely new movesets. also mewtwo.

Thirtyfour said on August 20, 2012 at 11:44 a.m.

return mewtwo and roy please

learis1 said on August 20, 2012 at 11:58 a.m.

Please keep Ganon. This game has practically no baddies in it, and it doesn't get more evil and badass then Ganon. People complaining about clones like Starwolf/Falco should also consider reinventing them rather then removing them; I think both Falco and Starwolf are cool and I'd be sad to see them go. My main vote for a new char would be Isaac, with some powerful hammer doing crazy earth moves like the avatar earth benders do.

courte said on August 20, 2012 at 12:04 p.m.

the awkward thing about the clones is they have more than enough even from melee that differentiate them. at this point i don't the differences need to be noted if you don't know by now... like a said. it's ken to ryu to akuma... ok maybe not akuma.

the odd thing is street fighters rarely care or see the differences, or they do and it doesn't register... or vice versa

gtfopanda said on August 20, 2012 at 12:28 p.m.

Mewtwo please.

DomDaDude said on August 20, 2012 at 12:42 p.m.

Sonic had the most retarded moveset ever. 3 of his special moves involves spinning..

snoooootch said on August 20, 2012 at 12:55 p.m.

Please oh please keep Star Fox. He's my favorite!

Ermapume said on August 20, 2012 at 1:11 p.m.

I say ROB should stay. He's actually an excellent character. I've devoted time into ROB and seldom lets me down. In the end he's a solid character and was a huge surprise for me.

ltzBoshyTime said on August 20, 2012 at 1:13 p.m.

Add Megaman #Kappa

Aether9000 said on August 20, 2012 at 1:27 p.m.

Travis Touchdown please.

Kira_Timmy said on August 20, 2012 at 1:35 p.m.

Im gonna get mental, If:
My main Diddy Kong, luigi,wario,falco,dedede or sonic wouldnt return.
Please bring us dixie kong AND King K.rool!! Epic
DKC Fanboy!! I hoped for tails/knuckles, but dont think that will ever happen.
Waluigi would be awesome IMO too.

Dedemaru said on August 20, 2012 at 1:50 p.m.

First and foremost - King Dedede better be returning or I'm gonna go ape-sh*t.

Second, replace Lucario with Mewtwo. Lucario was put in to promote Diamond & Pearl. We're way past that and Mewtwo is an iconic Pokemon. Do it.

I'd like to see King K. Rool make an appearance. The game needs more big guys.

I'd like to see Falco removed and Wolf get a new moveset.

I really hope Pit is back. I don't want Nintendo to let this franchise go into the vault again. I think it has tons of potential and Kid Icarus being represented is a good sign.

For the love of GOD, remove Jigglypuff. Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo. That's all the representation Pokemon needs. They have Pokemon assist trophies and several stages. No need for the 'Puff.

KB said on August 20, 2012 at 2:09 p.m.

Or just give us back Mewtwo. We don't need to take out characters. I would also be very happy for a Dr. Mario alt. costume for Mario.

XxAngelChunLixX said on August 20, 2012 at 2:44 p.m.

1st thing: Peach better not go ANYWHERE!!! She's the only reason I need to buy it. (Not that I'm expecting her to) Zelda too.

2nd thing: They should add Crystal, we should have more Starfox characters who aren't clones imo. I wouldn't mind Daisy if they can somehow manage to not make her a Peach clone. Dixie Kong would be cool. Maybe Waluigi if he isnt a clone. A Paper Mario party member would be cool(Vivian, Koops, That old bom-omb guy. I saw no problems w/ Jigglypuff nor do I understand the hate. I always picked her as an alternate from Peach,Zelda, and Luigi, and I won a plenty of games. She's a good character not as good as she was in Melee but she's good (her Final Smash though...<.<). I saw no reason to remove Mewtwo except to promote the newer leagues pokemon, (But we ended up with Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur).Bring Mewtwo back!

3rd thing: I know it's a shot in the dark but if we need anymore 3rd party Sonic characters....AMY!!! Rouge,Cream,Blaze,Tails,or Silver would be cool too! But AMY!!!! AMY ROSE!!!

GlassTop said on August 20, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.

okay said on August 20, 2012 at 3:08 p.m.

ADD:
Balloon Fighter
King K. Rool
Little Mac

REMOVE:
Toon Link
Snake
Sonic

CHANGE MOVESET:
Falco
Ganondorf
Lucas

EDGEucator said on August 20, 2012 at 3:17 p.m.

As long as my ****** Ness from EarthBound up in there.

TonioJua said on August 20, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

y u do dis to me nintendo
I don't want to buy a console just for one game but....
I just hope they keep Ganon and C.Falcon in.

Lyn said on August 20, 2012 at 3:47 p.m.

Kos-mos is pretty much a shoe-in.

AngelicMix said on August 20, 2012 at 3:48 p.m.

Unless they manage to play company rights correctly, I highly doubt Snake and Sonic will return. Don't see Wolf or Lucario returning, either. Ike could be replaced with another FE lead. Olmar and ROB were original and distinctive enough so they'll most likely stay (haters gonna hate). Falco, Ganon, Lucas, and kid Link can stay, just tweak them further for individuality.

Everything else is free game. Travis Touchdown would make a great addition (Ubisoft would allow it). Issac... maybe. Maybe. Pacman is almost guaranteed without a doubt. Klonoa is a legit choice, too. Little Mac would be superb. After that, again, it's free game.

DRain said on August 20, 2012 at 4:37 p.m.

Falco had a different enough moveset, imo. Like someone pointed out he's at least as different from Fox as Ken is to Ryu. I'd actually rather see Melee Falco come back with his crazy wake-up game, but that's probably not happening.

hazelnut1112 said on August 20, 2012 at 4:37 p.m.

Well for sure thy are gonna keep the original 13 from the first game and keep some of the more unique characters like Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Pokemon Trainer and have a replacement for Lucario. Remove Wolf, Change Lucas' AND GANODORF'S moveset (Ganondorf's especially for the love of god) dramatically and keep Sonic and Snake and add two new third party characters. Hopefully this can make a few fans happy.

BeatNinja said on August 20, 2012 at 5:02 p.m.

It's obvious they're gonna remove my poor main Toon Link. Sigh...I'll just pick up a new character. Hopefully Bowser Jr. or Skullkid are in this game.

BFPhony said on August 20, 2012 at 5:03 p.m.

Bring back old characters? from the series or from their nintendo library? Cause who got left out, roy and pichu? i like how for all their efforts to distinguish their clones likes of ganon and falco, they put in a bunch more like wolf and lucas.

@59 nintendo dont need to abuse the guess characters either, not like what sony is doing. what a weird way to celebrate thier success by including everyone else's stuff. not to mention that most of those r relatively new or in some cases not even released. i'm sure there is some lost gem from the psx/ps2 days.

Lemres said on August 20, 2012 at 5:17 p.m.

I don't give a damn about who's in it. As long as Peach, Marth, and Ness are in, I'm good.

BlazinKoolBreez said on August 20, 2012 at 6:24 p.m.

MEWTWO IS A MUST
I luv Lucario,mainly because its jus Lucario,they couldve made him less crappy or somewhat faster wit stronger smashing moves..he most likely would get replaced by Zoroark...I wonder wat Mewtwos super would b

#63 wat does abusing guess characters hafta do wit Sony

Lyn said on August 20, 2012 at 7:02 p.m.

If Namco is helping make the title, it's almost guaranteed you'll see Namco characters inside.

Such as Kos-Mos and probably another fan-favorite from the same universe.

Kos-mos in a smash game = Auto Hype for anyone with a history of video games as large as mine.

Deceptimike said on August 20, 2012 at 7:42 p.m.

Has no one here played Xenoblade Chronicles? Shulk is a shoe-in for this game! I'm calling it now! I'd also like to see a couple of extra Fire Emblem characters if at all possible (not just as assist trophies that is). Since this is Smash Bros., I don't want to see *too* many Namco characters, although a couple plucked from the Tale's series or Kos-Mos would indeed be awesome.

I'm just glad my favorite characters (such as Link, Zelda, and Samus) are staples of Nintendo :D

Eternal said on August 20, 2012 at 7:43 p.m.

I REALLY hope that they remove the clones. Sorry Falco lovers but I'd much rather have someone totally different than someone mostly the same but slightly different.

Ganon, Falco, Wolf, Lucas (one of my mains), Toon Link should all be either removed or completely remade.

there should only be 1 "semi-clone" and that is Luigi and even he is a character that in Brawl they managed to make a bit more of his own than in Melee or the original smash.

That said, I think that ROB, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and Lucario could be removed in place of new characters.

Mr. Game and Watch is a character that I think is just simply too important to Nintendo as a franchise to remove regardless of how well he fits. Though I do think he might work better as a Assist Trophy..

Sonic and Snake I hope return, they both offered something very different gameplay wise and Sonic especially is a character people want in the Smash Bros series (though I prefered playing as Snake)

I'd remove Captain Olimar BUT there is a new Pikmin game on the horizon so it only makes sense to have him stay in to promote that game.

I hope that they add Isaac (golden sun), Saki (sin and punishment), and Lyn (Fire Emblem) as playable characters instead of just assist trophies. As for NEW characters I'd love Flint or Duster from Mother 3, and of course Geno from Mario RPG. Also KOS-MOS and Klonoa from Namco.

lordrockman said on August 20, 2012 at 7:44 p.m.

If Dr. Mario is back cool and leave Lucario in it he is good!!!

Torrie_De_Goddess said on August 20, 2012 at 8:23 p.m.

All of the characters from the original SSB should return (duh). Zelda, Ganondorf should return. Midna should be introduced to the series as a new character.

Sonic should return while Eggman is introduced.

Ridley should return. Remove Zero suit Samus.

Ike and Pit should return. Pacman and Classic Megaman should be introduced.

More than anything, make the game uber fun. Brawl was not very fun in my opinion.

Galletano said on August 20, 2012 at 9:06 p.m.

Peach and Pikachu. that's all I need, to give my money to nintendo, for both a console and the game.

CloudedBuckle said on August 20, 2012 at 10:13 p.m.

People claiming that Wolf is a clone of Fox clearly have not spent much time with either of them. Falco is a closer clone of Fox than Wolf. Fox and Wolf have very different normals, and while their specials are superficially similar, they have enough subtle differences that they aren't interchangeable (stage scarring, invincibility frames, hitstun differences etc). Sure, their final smashes were almost identical, but nobody really cares about final smashes.

As for what characters should get in the next one, the only character I'm hoping for is Ridley.

BlazinKoolBreez said on August 21, 2012 at 1:17 a.m.

I LIKE WOLF
HE IS NOT A CLONE,he jus is part of the dog family too n thats it..I can say Falco kinda is but not Wolf,he is more of a unique character than Falco I can say
n is Pit on any1s minds,he's kool n different

DivinePhoenix69 said on August 21, 2012 at 1:22 a.m.

Well we all know the original cast from the first smash game are automatic shoeins.i think they either tweak the clones movesets or just remove them entirely.as for new blood,well imo they should add characters like little mac,saki,takamaru(he is getting a new game on the 3ds afterall),isaac,geno,mach rider,donbe and hikari(i can imagine them being very unique)etc.

As for third party characters,tbh i think snake and sonic should stay.a namco character is pretty much a shoe-in so imo kos-mos in this game would be beyond godlike(plus she'd be the perfect rival for samus).also a tales character like lloyd or yuri,and klonoa as well.the possibilities are endless really.

HyperViperNZ said on August 21, 2012 at 3:46 a.m.

I love xenoblade chronicles. Dont really like Shulk though. everytime i type shulk, I think of she-hulk... Fiora would make a better character!

Deceptimike said on August 21, 2012 at 11:20 a.m.

@75 Fiora? Ugh, I suppose she would fit as well, but I really didn't like her. Besides, with Shulk, you could hear the word "Monado!" every 5 seconds; how cool would that be?! :p

HyperViperNZ said on August 22, 2012 at 6:43 a.m.

I meant the mechon version of Fiora with her dual swords would be cool. Not the lame human fiora .
Yup heard "Monado!" all the time would be cool lol. In his British accent. I think its british? lol

ANewChallenger said on August 22, 2012 at 8:09 a.m.

No Snake, no buy. Remove Toon Link and ROB for sure.

Torrie_De_Goddess said on August 22, 2012 at 9:24 a.m.

If they remove Toon Link, I will personally come after you ^^

054171375 said on August 24, 2012 at 4:52 a.m.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyytyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
3 charecter must be in it

Royyyyyyyyyy. ( fire emblem) bring him back he is not in super smash bros brawl
snaaaake. (Metal gear solid) That was a nice charecter and we have alot of fun
jin kazama. ( TEKKEN) I would love to see some of tekken charecters even thougt is some how not fit but do it

No royyyyyyyyyyy = no buy

054171375 said on August 24, 2012 at 5:10 a.m.

Sorry about the double post but

Please don't Dropp any charecters they are all nice and have good moves and skill
so there's no need to dropp any one I mean you work hard to make the charecters in the game right
pluse they are all great charecters frome great games !!!!!!!!!!