Posted by DreamKing23
August 4, 2012 at 12:30 p.m. PDT
Kayane also noting problems with arcade sticks at SBO 2012, screen glare and more Top SoulCalibur 5 player Kayane is currently in attendance at SBO 2012 this weekend and she has come forth to share her thoughts on the event so far. She has posted a detailed article on her Facebook page that discusses her experience at SBO 2012.

Kayane is not the first player to bring up problems being experienced at SBO 2012. EG|Justin Wong recently voiced his thoughts on the event via Twitter.

Below are a couple of bits from Kayane's article.

To be honest, I have been very disapppointed with Tougeki SBO and what it became. By telling my thoughts, I hope they're going to change the way they're running this tournament. Otherwise they will not see many foreigners players anymore. And it’s a pity, knowing Tougeki has always been my dream tournament since I was a child… I was very sad I didn’t recognize it at all.

I wasn’t happy to see that the down direction of the stick wasn’t working for me, they brought me another stick but…I really don’t understand why we can’t play with our stick? If it’s to gain time, then I’m sure they’re actually losing more time because the players want to make sure that the stick they’re playing with is working fine.

Another big problem for players: The sun is not only very hot, it makes glare on the screens since we’re playing outside!!!! Seriously, I have played on the Last Chance tournament screens to train a bit, and it was very hard to see. I heard some players even had to hide the sun with umbrella so that they could see the screen. Honestly it sounds stupid, but if you have to play tomorrow and that the weather is sunny like today, do it if you can.

Tips by Bitpix and an anonymous submitter.

Comments

xShonuffx said on August 4, 2012 at 12:36 p.m.

Wow this is serious. Hope they fix it soon.

Ex_Ein said on August 4, 2012 at 12:37 p.m.

Wow I leave for a couple of days and the whole site turns white on me....
But yeah this sounds like a huge problem

ZOMBIEMEGAMAN said on August 4, 2012 at 12:41 p.m.

MrTimtastic said on August 4, 2012 at 12:59 p.m.

If Kayane is upset, then I'm upset too =(

Chrisuchiwa said on August 4, 2012 at 1:14 p.m.

SBO sucks, SBO really sucks. Players are upset about the whole tournament. I wonder if people will play console games outside.

SpiceyChicken said on August 4, 2012 at 1:15 p.m.

omg my Kayane is upset. :[ Kappa

CoNr said on August 4, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.

Didn't something happen last year as well with some of the USA players not having valid tickets due to some mix up.. I cant remember for sure, but im positive it was SBO, who knows maybe this year will actually be the last yr

JesseRobles said on August 4, 2012 at 1:34 p.m.

Kayane is such a sweet girl and a very focused player. If she's upset, I'm upset ;(

LK said on August 4, 2012 at 1:39 p.m.

EVO Japan~! Come on~!

urien said on August 4, 2012 at 2:19 p.m.

please people bitch about the tourny organizers but not the tourney itself.
no more SBO sucks,cause it makes you look like kids.Some commentators though....

Grimmjow316 said on August 4, 2012 at 2:21 p.m.

Lol trying to protect integrity SBO never had.

NowUhavetoJoinMyDojo said on August 4, 2012 at 2:22 p.m.

Well I didn't know what to think when Justin Wong reported problems. But now Kayane says it I can definitely say she may be the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen on a stream!

...More on topic: This sure is a sad state of affairs for one of the major tournaments in Japan.

ltzBoshyTime said on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 p.m.

SBO stands for ScumBag Organization.

@Conr: Yes, Bananaken was screwed out of qualifying last year after spending his own money to go. There was a donation drive by Spooky and others to compensate him after the fact.

illness690 said on August 4, 2012 at 2:36 p.m.

streetfighterjoe said on August 4, 2012 at 3:04 p.m.

very sad

RedRapperSux said on August 4, 2012 at 3:33 p.m.

That is a damn shame.

Kurow said on August 4, 2012 at 4:15 p.m.

I hope they keep they word and do not attempt to the qualifiers next year then... oh wait! I know they are going to try to go again...

nusense said on August 4, 2012 at 4:59 p.m.

Next year? This is the last year! laughing my ass off!

RandomJohn said on August 4, 2012 at 6:06 p.m.

The thing I don't understand is why they decided to hold the tourney outside?!? Seriously, have they (organizers) never played an arcade before?

urien said on August 4, 2012 at 6:07 p.m.

nusense
i didnt know you are the SBO head manager!
stay free

Cauptain said on August 4, 2012 at 6:17 p.m.

More imbecile player ever...Ridiculous scrub girl.

"Mimimi I play only in my controlinho"...Get life scrub girl, go to play in arcades like other pros.

Minus stupid girl in SBO.

LK said on August 4, 2012 at 6:28 p.m.

If only Soul Calibur V is an arcade game...

Trolls trolling.

nusense said on August 4, 2012 at 6:29 p.m.

Urien go ride DAT SMALL DICK SOME MORE!!! LAUGHING MY ASS OFF :D

deteknician said on August 4, 2012 at 7:38 p.m.

Japan = amateurs

DerpdeHerp said on August 4, 2012 at 8:12 p.m.

@21 How the hell are you calling anyone an imbecile when you can't even write a sentence with proper grammar?

And she was playing with a stick, you idiot. She even said it in her article.

Actually, here. I really shouldn't have typed anything to reply, because this would have sufficed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoaFW...

However, I really wanted to get my point across regarding how much of an idiot you are.

lukecage83 said on August 4, 2012 at 9:25 p.m.

Damn - all they need is rain now lol - i hope it doesn't rain

Speakertag said on August 5, 2012 at 12:35 a.m.

@25 He's just another 09'er from some dumb 3rd world country that doesn't know anything. Self-rigteous idiots talking out of their asses. Just ignore him. What the heck's a controlinho

GlassTop said on August 5, 2012 at 12:48 a.m.

musacci said on August 5, 2012 at 12:51 a.m.

@27 i guess a controlinho is a controller which received a sex change in some latin-american country

Cauptain said on August 5, 2012 at 2:47 a.m.

Mimimi usa free cry scrub players...

22 - SCV is boring game. For kids and scrubs only. FACT!
25 - She play in stick! / No excuse, go to arcade and learn)
27 - She have a pussy, please dont talk bad! / usa boiola player detected, virgin)
29 - Yes. It change for man players. In usa is woMan players only (big stick)?? LOL!!

Graymalkin said on August 5, 2012 at 3:01 a.m.

@30 I don't normally hold with anonymous personal abuse on the internet. But you really are a f**king halfwitted c**t.

fgwewesdfgwe said on August 5, 2012 at 4:15 a.m.

Dreiari said on August 5, 2012 at 6:49 a.m.

@Cauptain

I honestly don't know what to think of your statements...I'm gonna leave this as your just trolling and the bad English is is part of that troll as well?

LK said on August 5, 2012 at 7:29 a.m.

EVO of Japan? More like MLG without the cash prizes.

Speakertag said on August 5, 2012 at 10:10 a.m.

@33 @31 I think he's like one of those special-ed kids who got allowed onto a computer. Just ignore him.

mtbrandao said on August 5, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.

Cauptain making a name for brazilians.

Thanks to people like him we have our actual reputation.

So proud of being brazilian, yay.