Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • April 11, 2012 at 1:47 p.m. PDT
Console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 said to hit stores in September 2012 with more characters Siliconera posted an article detailing the release date of the console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. The game is said to hit stores sometime in September 2012.

The console version is expected to have more characters than Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited and will even incorporate some new features.

Building upon Tekken Unlimited, the console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will also feature new modes such as 1-on-1, 2-on-1, and 2-on-2 matches. With regard to that last one, in Pair Play mode, each of the four characters is controlled by a different player, making for four players in total at the same time. The four characters battle at once in different planes.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for consoles also has a “Fight Lab” mode for novice and advanced players, which beginners can use to learn the game and advanced players can play against customized bots for various challenges.

Comments

hokuwokk said on April 11, 2012 at 1:49 p.m.

This is about to be that game .

akumous said on April 11, 2012 at 1:50 p.m.

I honestly don't think more characters are needed to increase the appeal but a sound tutorial to get new comers into the game since they are prematurely intimidated by the masses roster and move set.

roknin said on April 11, 2012 at 1:55 p.m.

Man I cannot wait for this game. Tekken is my home, dammit! Will be playing this and SFxT, with some SCV on the side.

bullitt23 said on April 11, 2012 at 1:56 p.m.

Sounds good, Even though im sure ill be distracted with Jun being finally playable again, more characters is always a bonus. Wonder who else will be added.

Any ideas or wishes?

ScrubStep said on April 11, 2012 at 1:57 p.m.

Zafina! I'd like Julia too, but that wont happen, they turned her into Mika.

bibleblack said on April 11, 2012 at 1:58 p.m.

please support local team play vs online for xbox. don't be like capcom please.

jesuslovessatan said on April 11, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

@1 With the way that SFxT turned out, it very well may be! The game seems to be on the right track.

@4 Dude im a Jun player too and im stoked! Plan on teaming up with Hwaorang.

And wow, nothing to do with DLC!

FatMus2 said on April 11, 2012 at 2:19 p.m.

Man I hope Alex is in the game. I won't even use I just want him and Roger in the game. Screw Roger Jr.

DestinyZX1 said on April 11, 2012 at 2:23 p.m.

@8: Yes. Bring back Alex and make him much different than Roger Jr.

DarkRyu94 said on April 11, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.

Kunimitsu
Devil/ Angel (upgrade the moves)
Azazzel
P.Jack
Dr.B
Stages:
Ogre's temple
Woods (Yoshimitsu's stage in T3)
Hon-Maru (T4)
Waterfall (T5)
Kazuyas stage (T2)
Gargoyles Perch (T6)
Rooftops (T4)
Fallen Colony (T6)
Anger of the Earth (T6)

xShonuffx said on April 11, 2012 at 2:29 p.m.

Tekken Tag 1 got me into tekken in teh first place. I actually got a copy of Tekken 3 and a PS1 fight stick to learn the game. Started playing Lei Wulong and Nina. I like Tekken because they don't change the special moves as much as lets say Soul Calibur series, similar to Street Figther. IF you played Tekken 3, you pretty much know how to play the other Tekkens at the basic level.

Kurow said on April 11, 2012 at 2:40 p.m.

My wallet.... Borderlands 2, Tekken Tag Unlimited, Resident Evil 2 and the E3 is not even here yet... MY FIGHT MONEY!!!!!!!

fgclolz said on April 11, 2012 at 2:49 p.m.

Don't forget about Michelle Chang. She could take Julia's moveset from 6 and more since Julia as someone here said became Mika.

DunnDeal said on April 11, 2012 at 2:52 p.m.

And the characters won't be Disc-Locked Content either. I was fine with the Arcade version of the game but this is a plus. Take notes Capcom

TheDeadTexan said on April 11, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.

I want some awesome modes. Tekken Bowl, Tekken Ball, or the full Tekken 3 game hidden in the game somehow.

If anything Tekken knows how to do, is make a super version for the console crowd.

Gonna spend all my time with this and Persona 4 Arena.

maxs2d2ace said on April 11, 2012 at 3:15 p.m.

and there will be gallons of dlc on.........oh wait wrong company.

Street_Fighter_OG said on April 11, 2012 at 3:47 p.m.

How is it that a company like NAMCO can release a game that has MORE characters and MORE stages and don't charge you for extra characters nor stages. They put all the characters on the disc PLAYABLE. NAMCO doesn't put all the characters on the disc and then select 12 of them and lock them up as DLC like CAPCOM does.

Chronoless said on April 11, 2012 at 4:59 p.m.

@17 because didn't you hear? DLC stands for Downloadable Locked Character, and Namco isn't about DLC

JanTheMan said on April 11, 2012 at 5:28 p.m.

Hope we get at least exclusive costumes for people who bought Tekken Hybrid.

Kenshiro said on April 11, 2012 at 5:33 p.m.

Don't start, enough with favoritsm. The game will come with customization because Namco is awesome.

guttertrashgaming said on April 11, 2012 at 5:38 p.m.

Tekken isn't made by capcom so there is no exclusive costumes.. hence the reason why namco is awesome!!!

the one gripe i have is that i hope the fixed the customization from tekken 6 BR..

ArcadeRobot said on April 11, 2012 at 6:02 p.m.

The game I'm looking foward to more than any other is: TEKKEN×STREET FIGHTER

RebornOdin said on April 11, 2012 at 7:16 p.m.

I've played Tekken almost as long as Street Fighter, though not nearly as seriously. I'm still a pretty poor Tekken fighter. My main problem with Tekken is two-fold:

1. The overabundance of moves. When one character has literally dozens upon dozens of moves, how is ANYONE supposed to be able to know which moves are good and which ones aren't? Sure, you can go into training mode and try each and every one, but that still won't give you a clear answer, especially since you're practicing on a dummy.

In Street Fighter, the lines are a lot more clear because it's more visually apparent - You can tell a Shoryuken isn't to always use because Ryu is still in the air by the time the opponent is done blocking. Not so often in Tekken.

2. The 'luck-based' portions of Tekken. Am I supposed to try to parry lows? I heard in a stream that "you're supposed to just get hit by the lows, ignore them" because they do low damage and generally aren't worth trying to parry/counter. What about on wakeup? Sure, you can just sit there for a second, but rolling into the foreground or background doesn't seem to make a difference, which brings me to a mini-point.

2b. 3D space. I understand that there's a 3D space so you can dodge and whatnot, but when all combat is close-ranged, it seems kind-of pointless. Maybe I'm just missing it, but rarely do I see anything come from constantly side-stepping aside from trying to fake out your opponent.

Smorgasboard said on April 11, 2012 at 7:31 p.m.

So Tekken is a good game because it's not as bad as SFxT?

Azure_Dauragon said on April 11, 2012 at 7:54 p.m.

The moves although numerous are usually NOT that many, you have 63 moves, but 10 are variations or additions, like: light punch, medium punch, medium kick. with the variation of a medium punch before that follows to same string. (note that medium/light does not apply in tekken but i thought it would be best for you)

Second its actually easy/ier to know what movements are safe/unsafe, at least for me than on SF. On SF if i do a cr.MK it may be unsafe for whatever reason and i eat a punish but i will take a good while to understand that THAT IS UNSAFE, because it does not feel like it.

whereas tekken moves that are safe usually have "defensive" stun, or have a feel to why they are safe, while some others and strings, usually have a unsafe feel with longer recovery.

there is nothing based on luck about parrying a low attack, at least no more than you going for a grab and teching an opponents. to guard low you hold down back, to parry low you have to press forward down, usualy its only good for no punishable moves, or launcher punishable, so you kinda have to know they are coming, ofc you may luck out with a sudden parry by pressing the command, but its rare.

you are not suposed to "eat" lows just as you are not suposed to eat them in SF, they are a lesser threat in tekken sure, but they are a good source to cheap away and become really dangerous when u are at low health, just call it players not caring as much cuz they have life.

low moves are usualy unsafe or might be punishable in some ways, but if you defend low you might get hit mid, which is usualy the safest option while attacking.

a misconception/s like that/those is the same as me not understanding why i on SF have 6 jumping attacks but only 2-3 are usefull, or why should i ever use "x" version of that attack if its no good.

Sektah84 said on April 11, 2012 at 8:46 p.m.

Yes! I thought I'd have to wait till December ! PS3 version will be copped.

Darkyellow said on April 11, 2012 at 8:59 p.m.

You use like 40% of a character's move in Tekken. Also, you don't just eat lows because a lot of people's low moves hurt or put the char in favorable situations. I won't eat shinbreakers from Marduk all day because shinbreaker puts me in heavy stun and puts Marduk right in my face. However, this is a bad example since Shinbreaker is parryable on reaction. The only problem I have with Tekken is fuzzy guarding, the real fuzzy guarding, not that thing people say in Marvel 3.

NeoZero said on April 11, 2012 at 10:01 p.m.

@ 24

Try eating Lili's low DB+4 and let me know how low damaging that is. When that can lead to a launcher, you mind as well cry.

You can fuzzy guard Ganryu's F2,1 mixup because the mid comes out a few frames faster than the low. So I can always try to guard low with the right timing when they do that. That's why sometimes I call that a useless mixup for Ganryu when players use it.

Servantes said on April 11, 2012 at 11:22 p.m.

@ScrubStep Jaycees's name supposedly returns to Julia when you remove her mask and add a custom outfit. :)

Kenshiro said on April 12, 2012 at 1:52 a.m.

Tekken has been good for a long time and it has nothing to do with other games.

If you don't know, i suggest picking up 5 and 6 along with this game.

linzhanaz said on April 12, 2012 at 1:58 a.m.

Smorgasboard said on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 a.m.

I do play Tekken 6 and I liked that game more than SF4 until Yun came out. I do get back into it from time to time. :)

However, I don't get the need to post a comment to praise this game when the real reason is to hate on another?

Kenshiro said on April 12, 2012 at 7:24 a.m.

^Well why are you letting what others post affect what you ultimately post.

If you think the game is gonna offer more than it's retail worth then post.

If you think this new game won't be that great and will be overrated then post that.

Capcom will continue to be Capcom and Namco....etc.

Nobody says you to bash SFxT but the truth is Tekken's customization is better and FREE.

Arcsy said on April 12, 2012 at 8:13 a.m.

Thanks to Capcom's greedy business practice, it made me respect and go back to the Tekken series. Even Tekken 5 and 6 have more content than the over-priced but extremely underwhelming SFxTK.

Too bad since I prefer SF gameplay than Tekken's, but Capcom totally "crossed the line".

Smorgasboard said on April 12, 2012 at 8:14 a.m.

I dislike mudslinging in politics just as much as I dislike mudslinging in the FGC. Also, I believe the Tekken franchise deserves more respect than being used to hate on other games. Bash on SFxT as much as you want in SFxT articles but leave Tekken out of it.

Super_Honda said on April 12, 2012 at 8:29 a.m.

I can't wait for TTT2, looking good so far.

Kurow said on April 12, 2012 at 8:39 a.m.

Wait... Julia is not in this game?...

Kenshiro said on April 12, 2012 at 8:44 a.m.

You should probably quit the internet then.

Games from other companies are gonna be compared to Capcom's latest. Rather it be RE, SF or any other title.

Get over it.

Loghorn said on April 12, 2012 at 9:15 a.m.

@17:

Because Namco isn't stupid to try & to pull that stunt, unlike Capcom.

irc_mocpac said on April 12, 2012 at 1:07 p.m.

PR Quote:
"With the largest player roster in TEKKEN history, TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 will feature more than 50 characters with expanded fight arsenals and move sets to do battle in new stages set in different countries from around the world."

"In Pair Play mode, up to four players can each control a character in the ultimate team battle, while in the all new Fight Lab mode, players can customize the moves and appearance of new training character, Combot. Players that clear the innovative Fight Lab will have mastered the complexities of TEKKEN and own their own customized Combot."

It appears that Combat from Tekken 4 is pretty much confirmed. Namco may bring back all Tekken characters from the previous games.

My wishlist.
Kunimitsu
Michelle Chang
Alex
Ogre
Forest Law
Angel

BumblebeeCody said on April 13, 2012 at 9:11 a.m.

I shed a tear.

She is in the game, under a different name