The Break #101 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament videos

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 30, 2011 at 2:06 a.m. PDT
Besides the drama that took place, there was some hype Marvel vs. Capcom 3 matches that happened at The Break #101 tournament, which were uploaded by Jaxel, featuring MarlinPie, Josh Wong, DMG.Dr Chaos and Mike Infinite, among others.

You can find more matches from this tournament by clicking the link above.

Comments

BluePepsi said on March 30, 2011 at 2:13 a.m.

I wonder who'll be FIRST to flame this whole drama ordeal.

kingofthesharks said on March 30, 2011 at 2:34 a.m.

Gotta love the MODOK theme use in the 2nd video during the Viper ownage

smashfury said on March 30, 2011 at 2:51 a.m.

@ #1

let me be the one to remove your anticipation.

i must say that for all the hype this tournament generated, it still does not change the simple fact that some gutter trash actions certainly made the whole event less than gentlemanly. although one must remember that this is MAHVEL BAYBEE, so emotions do tend to run high and cloud ones' judgment; that is still no excuse to act in such an uncivilized manner because a champion does not achieve victory when fueled by anger.

BluePepsi said on March 30, 2011 at 3 a.m.

You completely miss my implications :p

dommafia said on March 30, 2011 at 4:11 a.m.

The funny part is that noel himself gave a nice little speech about how people should accept trash talking and not get all salty :\

at the 4:30 mark if it doesnt take u there automatically.

The matches were pretty hype though and I still dont even know what smooth viper said that made him blow up like that...

Loocid said on March 30, 2011 at 6:17 a.m.

DEM MAG COMBOS!

Malice said on March 30, 2011 at 6:34 a.m.

I just want to thank Event Hubs for showing The Break Weekly some love with posting these vids and the fight coverage. Keep it up.

duckmouth said on March 30, 2011 at 6:36 a.m.

Wow, MarlinPie was fun to watch. Loved the Viper/Magneto combo that starts at 8:32 in grand finals.

KreativeKing said on March 30, 2011 at 6:55 a.m.

Iwanna know more about the drama. What happened?? Where can I see??

SHOGUN said on March 30, 2011 at 7:41 a.m.

Man if there is any Viper to fear on the east coast or actually anywhere in MvC 3 it's not by Sanford. It's by freakin' MarlinPie. Good Lord, the pressure!

MugenLord said on March 30, 2011 at 8:08 a.m.

Thats one thing I hate about this game, there are no combo crushers to interrupt combo's. You literally have to sit there until your opponent finishes, TVC wasn't like that nor any of the other games in the versus series.

abramdarnutzer said on March 30, 2011 at 8:14 a.m.

Thank you MarlinPie.
I've been waiting for a tournament level player to show what Viper can do.

SHOGUN said on March 30, 2011 at 8:26 a.m.

MugenLord

I agree, there should be a megacrash/combobreaker mechanic to counter X-Factor. The Counter Exchange system is not enough because the majority of tags are usually done through DHC if not straight hard tagging. It would only cost 1 meter and it certainly would make matches more interesting and somewhat less one sided if a Touch of Death combo is landed.

joker101 said on March 30, 2011 at 8:30 a.m.

Noel Brown Is William Guile.

MugenLord said on March 30, 2011 at 8:32 a.m.

@SHOGUN
I was playing a crazy Tron Bonne online and man I made one fatal mistake, next thing you know I was being combo'ed in the corner then taken to the air, slammed to the ground to an OTG to another combo plus a hyper combo then a Dante Hyper Combo tag to an X-factor Stylin Hyper. The Whole time I sat my Arcade stick on my lap waiting -_-

My Team's are
#1: Felicia, Dr. Doom, and Hagger
#2: Chris Redfield, X-23, and Super Skrull
#3: Ryu, Trish, and Dornmamu

KreativeKing said on March 30, 2011 at 8:52 a.m.

Hahahaha @#14. Woooooow. Noel got hood and beat mollywopped the guy with one leg -_-

Mr_Clack said on March 30, 2011 at 9:08 a.m.

TRUST ME THESE MATCHES ARE GODLY!!!!

Dante's combos and IRON-MAN's were HELLA SICK!!

There was a match that ended after 2 combos...killing all 3 withing 10 seconds!! Make it RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIN!

RandomJohn said on March 30, 2011 at 11:37 a.m.

wow that d-bag smooth viper is there antagonize. First he talk so much crap to Noel Brown which then lead to a physical fight. Then he walks across the monitor while someone else's match (during marlinpie's combo) was going on which led to a pause and frustration. Tourney organizer sure do know how to run and manage a smooth tourney (sarcasm). They didn't even punish smooth viper for anything. I wonder what else his dbag got away with off camera?

cvs said on March 30, 2011 at 12:33 p.m.

@16 Doesn't matter if he only has 1 leg.It's his fault anyways for breaking it over a $20 dollar bet.viper started it and noel finished it.

cvs said on March 30, 2011 at 12:35 p.m.

MvC3 would have been better with a megacrash.

Mr_Clack said on March 30, 2011 at 3:27 p.m.

@ 20 I hope thats a patch in the making
@ 19 REAL TALK Yeah, it REALLY sux when the guy who does the teasing gets no punishment, when he was the person who deserves the severe punishment for pushing it to that level.

I saw the footage and he was DEFINATELY instigating, noel. No-one came on cam like that and it was OFCOURSE infront of Noel when he did.

Noel needs to be punished but the other guy needs DOUBLE the time away.

People say they dont know why Murders happen.

Murder, unlike fights are usually predetermined because someone the victim did something REALLY bad. Cheating, black male, extortion, or constant ridicule that doesnt go punished.

MugenLord said on March 30, 2011 at 3:29 p.m.

@CVS
Yes exactly!

thefighter01 said on March 30, 2011 at 9:48 p.m.

good match but i lov all my fightin games but this one just mvc2.0 that dog for me is so fkin cheap oh well

SFtheWolf said on March 31, 2011 at 6:36 a.m.

Let's fight like gentlemen.