1v1 & 2v2 Event Modes in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 unlocked

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 30, 2011 at 8:22 a.m. PDT
1v1 & 2v2 Event Modes in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 unlocked WestDaniel noticed that Marvel vs. Capcom 3's Event Mode has a few more challenges for players to tackle now, they're numbered 18 & 19 in the menus, previously there were only 17 challenges.

Gamers can now attempt to go through arcade mode in 1v1 or 2v2 battles after accessing new challenges in Event Mode. No patch or update was posted to make them available, and no DLC was used to add them, they unlocked for free when you login to Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network.

In the Brady Games strategy guide for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, a total of 50 Event Mode challenges are mentioned, so it sounds like there's more in store for fans as time goes on.

Comments

4120u said on March 30, 2011 at 8:27 a.m.

A welcome change, but a tad too easy. They should've removed X-factor from the 1v1 event atleast.

Oroku_Saki said on March 30, 2011 at 8:29 a.m.

Let's hope that Capcom doesn't put the other Events as priced DLC.

x_Who_Is_Alpha said on March 30, 2011 at 8:33 a.m.

@4120u

You know I never thought about that, but your right. You start off with game changing lv 1 X-factr lmao you can end the match in like 3 seconds.

cadnexus said on March 30, 2011 at 8:34 a.m.

nope this happened yesterday morning,, This is nothing new.

Kalyx_triaD said on March 30, 2011 at 8:48 a.m.

1v1/2v2 multiplayer, please.

CrossoverFighterRyu93 said on March 30, 2011 at 8:50 a.m.

No f##king way!? 1v1 & 2v2?! Thats what that sh!t was!? Damn it! i didn't check! I thought it was something stupid and i didn't want to go check but hell, finally theres a 1v1 & 2v2

old_school_rival said on March 30, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.

This would be cool for online multiplayer if they removed x-factor.

Mr_Clack said on March 30, 2011 at 9:03 a.m.

Wouldnt these 1v1 matches end with 1 X-Factor combo?

J said on March 30, 2011 at 9:13 a.m.

This is pretty fun.

I'm surprised they didn't ask money for it.

Triforce said on March 30, 2011 at 9:20 a.m.

Awesome to have 1vs1

Especially when I remember Nitsuma denying being able to put it in.

Wolfeyes187 said on March 30, 2011 at 9:26 a.m.

Oh don't be surprised... after they see how much money they get from people saying a $ isn't anything. They are going charge for every little thing they can. Just like they did with the shadow mode. Just you wait...

Hakansoilbarrel said on March 30, 2011 at 9:47 a.m.

(1v1 multiplayer, keepaway chars automatically win - magneto vs hulk lulz)

ChunLi said on March 30, 2011 at 9:52 a.m.

I did this around 11:30 EST last night lol It was really fun, although it was short lived.

duckmouth said on March 30, 2011 at 10:03 a.m.

This sounds like fun! Will definitely try it tonight.

@Hakansoilbarrel

Why do you always comment with brackets? I've never seen it before. At Least It Isn't As Annoying As Those People Who Start Every Word With A Capital Letter. How Can They Write Whole Paragraphs Like This? Try It, It's Really Annoying!

DestinyZX1 said on March 30, 2011 at 11:05 a.m.

Like I already said... 50 Events. This is gonna be a whole load of fun.

VideoKid106 said on March 30, 2011 at 11:50 a.m.

@CrossoverFighterRyu93 lmao! I did exactly the same.

MoFro said on March 30, 2011 at noon

The 1v1 Arcade event is making it really fast for me to get the "collect all endings" achievement. I just set it to very easy, pick Sentinel, HSF, X-factor, fly across the screen and frying pan for 3 second victories. Then I let Sentinel die to Galactus and switch characters for the ending. :)

MrPavy said on March 30, 2011 at 12:10 p.m.

hopefully it wont happen again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D17ehO...

Endgame said on March 30, 2011 at 12:40 p.m.

In 1v1 all of Phoenix's match-ups would be 0-10.

Lavama said on March 30, 2011 at 12:56 p.m.

I never realized how hard the Heralds were until now...

xShonuffx said on March 30, 2011 at 1:45 p.m.

#20 Yes I was wondering if someone noticed. Playing vs. Heralds and Galactus in 1 vs 1 on Very Hard is a pain in the bootay. I never hit the continue button so much in my life.

OH and just so you know you can STILL get the Very Hard title for your character if you beat it in 1 vs 1 mode if you have a plan for a really quick victory. It's easier or harder depending on the character though.

Hakansoilbarrel said on March 30, 2011 at 2:27 p.m.

(@ 14 because I'm speaking and not Hakan. If Hakan was speaking it wouldn't have parenthesis)

SeriphAngel said on March 30, 2011 at 5:56 p.m.

The concept is completely half baked. Level 3 X-factor on start up, 1 round and not two player. Oh yeah it is so not worth the free dlc it came in.

juanrock said on March 30, 2011 at 7:37 p.m.

1vs1 on hardest against galactus its freaking hard

DestinyZX1 said on March 30, 2011 at 7:51 p.m.

to @24: This is why I did it on Medium. Same went for 2vs2.

juanrock said on March 30, 2011 at 7:58 p.m.

yeah, but is actually a great (und awefully unfair) challenge

thefighter01 said on March 30, 2011 at 8:49 p.m.

first shadow mode free then events mode second shadow mode not free dislock characters made sent weaker, akuma spin kick fix..... yea fk this game i wait for super mvc3 or whatever they fkin called it hopefully sf x tekken gonna rock

yuenyun said on March 31, 2011 at 1:33 a.m.

I've just been using 1v1 to get endings lol. Thor's was ridiculously easy. Level 3 x factor, hit hit launch, hit hit hit death.

DestinyZX1 said on March 31, 2011 at 8:10 a.m.

@26: Yeah but at times can help you get endings for all the characters really easily. In 1vs1, I got Dr. Doom's ending and 2vs2 I got me Chris's ending because I already got Jill's. They should have added achievements in which you should do this event in the fastest time or something.