Yoshinori Ono inverviewed about Super Street Fighter 4 3DS

Posted by Nyoronoru • March 28, 2011 at 2:22 p.m. PDT
Yoshinori Ono inverviewed about Super Street Fighter 4 3DS Eurogamer recently did an interview with Yoshinori Ono where they discuss the developer kit for the 3DS and how hardcore players can approach SSF4 3DS's button mapping system. Here's a piece:

Eurogamer: Are you worried that those who play Street Fighter on a fighting stick will be unable to play the 3D Edition?

Yoshinori Ono: If you're used to the sticks it may not be as comfortable as it is for others. But there are trade-offs. If you're playing with the stick, you have to be at home and you've got to dedicate your time to it.

With the 3DS you can play anywhere, any time and with anyone. It's a matter of convenience. With a stick you have to bring it out. It requires a lot more work to do that.

If you're a really hardcore Street Fighter player, you probably won't even complain about the controls. I think the hardcore players will come up with their own way of playing 3DS Street Fighter in a hardcore way. I have no idea how, but they'll come up with something.

You can check out the rest of the interview over at Eurogamer to get the full deal.

Tip sent in by Yardstick.

Comments

MALDA said on March 28, 2011 at 2:24 p.m.

Existent said on March 28, 2011 at 2:30 p.m.

I can figure out a way for hardcore players. It's called going home and playing the real thing.

Batsu said on March 28, 2011 at 2:40 p.m.

Eurogamer: Can motion control, such as Kinect, help in this regard?

Yoshinori Ono: The difficult part with motion control is you have to be physically fit. If we start making people compete on grounds of how fast they can move their arms, we'll have to start selling the game bundled with Red Bull.

Lmao. DO IT!

KizaruOfLight said on March 28, 2011 at 2:42 p.m.

That's not Ono, there's no Blanka toy.

pinoy929 said on March 28, 2011 at 3:26 p.m.

@#4 That is Ono. He's trolling.

Mr_Clack said on March 28, 2011 at 4:50 p.m.

"I think the hardcore players will come up with their own way of playing 3DS Street Fighter in a hardcore way. I have no idea how, but they'll come up with something."

Ono's TROLL comment of the day.

Nitestorm said on March 28, 2011 at 4:55 p.m.

Well, if you are hard core enough (and have enough technical expertise), I would imagine someone would come up with a fight stick mod for the 3DS.

CartooN said on March 28, 2011 at 5:11 p.m.

The game itself is a great port of the original. I can see little to no difference gameplaywise.

The controls are a different matter. The shoulder buttons are awful and barely responsive, the d-pad is all "clickly" and sticky. That disk thing is what Ive been using but it still proves pretty difficult. Id love to say I dont use the touch screen but pressing 3 buttons at once for ultras is impossible without it.

Its a great port let down by the 3DS controls :(.

DestinyZX1 said on March 28, 2011 at 5:20 p.m.

I have no complaints in regards to controls. If I can handle it fine, then I'll do well.

VegaBisonAbel said on March 28, 2011 at 5:25 p.m.

i for one hate playing any kind of fighting game on a handheld...playing with an AI just doesn't appeal to me. (i dunno how good the online of a handheld though)

handhelds are best for rpgs

Tinpot said on March 28, 2011 at 5:54 p.m.

Is it just me or is the AI in SSFIV3D (what a title) kindof... stupid?

I mean, I played through Arcade Mode, and found Seth at the end to be easily defeaten just by crouching and sweeping with HK. He never learned. o _o Perfect victory.

SoundwaveButcher said on March 28, 2011 at 6:06 p.m.

Hitstick said on March 28, 2011 at 6:34 p.m.

I love "trolls."

Raven said on March 28, 2011 at 6:35 p.m.

Ono just looks like a troll....lol.

MALDA said on March 28, 2011 at 8:11 p.m.

VegaBisonAbel said on March 28, 2011 at 8:36 p.m.

sf fanatics are too cool to take ssf4 3ds seriously

RandomDP said on March 28, 2011 at 9:09 p.m.

If you're a real hardcore fan, you wont take this game seriously and just play it for fun.

Miles said on March 28, 2011 at 9:13 p.m.

Since my 360 has been jacked, this is how I plat Street Fighter now. The controls are tough to pull off 360's, (T. Hawk, Honda and Zangief), but I found the charge moves really easy. Admittedly, though, I think the AI is a bit too easy. I expected Seth to give me trouble...
And yeah, trying to hit all three punches or kicks is way too hard.

AngrySteve said on March 29, 2011 at 4:19 a.m.

My roommate got it on Sunday and the only problem I have run into are the scrubs online that just use the touch screen controls. However because they rely on that they are easily defeated but other than that the game is pretty solid and a good demonstration of the 3DS's capabilities definitely a good purchase.