China running vanilla PC Street Fighter 4 cabinets in 3D

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 28, 2011 at 3:46 a.m. PDT
Before you get too excited by the headline, keep in mind this isn't a legit conversion of Street Fighter 4, but according to ArcadeHeroes, there's a couple of cabinets running the vanilla PC version of the game in 3D in China.

The assumption here is they're using existing 3D technologies such as nVidia’s 3D Vision to pull this off.

While this is definitely not a 100% legal use of Capcom's software, it's still cool to see the potential here. Here's a shot of the cabinets from ArcadeHeroes.

Click images for larger versions

Comments

GamestopMan said on March 28, 2011 at 3:53 a.m.

Hay I think that would be kinda cool!

thepuscifer said on March 28, 2011 at 4:03 a.m.

Those cabinets look amazing!
Chun Li givig Gief the finger on top of the 1st cabinet?

thepuscifer said on March 28, 2011 at 4:04 a.m.

*giving

gtfopanda said on March 28, 2011 at 4:07 a.m.

They look trash to me, those figures are horrible.

Mr_Clack said on March 28, 2011 at 4:10 a.m.

Off 2 CHINA!!!
Wish me well

thepuscifer said on March 28, 2011 at 4:27 a.m.

Good luck Mr_Clack!
Yeah the models are pants but the rest looks good, I wouldn't mind one of those in my garage!

Mr_Clack said on March 28, 2011 at 4:42 a.m.

thx #6

BTW what street is that Arcade on in China? I hope that country isnt too big.

DarkSamus said on March 28, 2011 at 7:02 a.m.

LOL

I have been playing SF4 like this since the PC version was released.

If you play SF4 on PC and run into me online, I can guarantee that at this end I am playing in 3D.

Heck, I have 2 pairs of glasses so on the occasions that I have someone else to play with we both get to enjoy the game in 3D

thepuscifer said on March 28, 2011 at 7:18 a.m.

What's it like? I've played the 3DS version, can I assume it's the same only bigger?

RandomJohn said on March 28, 2011 at 7:48 a.m.

It's China..it's expected. China makes illegal replicates of everything and profits from it. From music, electronics to hangbags. However I don't mind having this at my house. It's a nice looking cabinet.

Xykes said on March 28, 2011 at 11:01 a.m.

Those cabinets are awesome.

cvs said on March 28, 2011 at 12:32 p.m.

LMAO! People still play vanilla?

ShadowKnight28 said on March 28, 2011 at 5:33 p.m.

Oh China, why you so illegal?

calvinfoo said on March 28, 2011 at 9 p.m.

Not something new... We have identical in Malaysia, SF4 running on PC, problem is the cut scenes can't be cancelled, you can't press start to jump directly the match, you have to watch the cut scenes. Waste of time.

Not only that, the machine is unstable, it could auto reset for no reasons half way playing it.

Only

DarkSamus said on March 28, 2011 at 11:55 p.m.

I haven't played the 3DS version to compare the 2. But I honestly find it awesome, SF4 in SS3D (StereoScopic 3D) provides the backgrounds in particular a LOT of depth.

Why the smart-ass attitude. Not everyone has a PS3 or 360 you know. Why would I buy one when I have this killer PC here that plays vanilla in 1080p and 16x anti-aliasing (Something your 360/PS3 will NEVER do)

I sure hope Capcom announce AE for PC at captivate because I am dying to play the game in SS3D at 1080p and 16x anti-aliasing