Captivate event next week, embargo lifted on April 12th

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 28, 2011 at 9:36 a.m. PDT
Captivate event next week, embargo lifted on April 12th Capcom's annual Captivate event will be held next week and the information embargo will be lifted on April 12, 2011.

This is definitely a day to mark on your calendars, as major announcements from the company are made every year at this event, and Ono has been teasing a number of things that should get fighting game fans excited.

Updates on Street Fighter X Tekken and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition are expected, along with an official announcement on the home release of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

Complete coverage of Captivate, as it relates to fighting game fans, will be provided here on the front page of EventHubs, so keep checking back.

Comments

Chaide said on March 28, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.

SSF4 on the PC, I've been waiting for this announcement for months!

Sure, all the above information is great too, but we need some more PC hype! Oh Captivate, you can't come soon enough.

Mr_Clack said on March 28, 2011 at 9:31 a.m.

@ 1
Yup. Cant wait to Pirate it MySelf either.

stubbs said on March 28, 2011 at 9:32 a.m.

They'll announce Super for PC but without the AE updates to make sure it's completely irrelivant once again.

Chaide said on March 28, 2011 at 9:36 a.m.

@2 I'll buy it legit, just like I did on the 360. It's been teased enough lately, so I'd assume it's around the corner.

I don't have high hopes for AE on the PC, but you never know. Either way, piracy arguments are a moot distraction from the real issue, and that's the fact that PC users are a legitimate gamerbase willing to give Capcom their money (sometimes twice or more for the same game!).

caruga said on March 28, 2011 at 9:40 a.m.

I prefer the Largo Embargo.

KizaruOfLight said on March 28, 2011 at 9:54 a.m.

@2 Are you really gonna pirate it after they finally went through the trouble of getting it onto PC? If so I hope it isn't, because if PC people are just gonna pirate this then they don't deserve it and Capcom shouldn't make it for them. It might be why they didn't put SSF4 on there in the first place.

@4 I hope you're right about them willing to pay for it instead of getting it illegaly.

C2Q said on March 28, 2011 at 9:57 a.m.

I would totally pay full price for the latest version of sf4 on the PC.
If its an outdated version release, Capcom can go f**k themselves.

Chaide said on March 28, 2011 at 10:04 a.m.

@6 Unfortunately, piracy is a reality that I have no control over. However, legitimate purchases are just as much of a reality, even in the PC landscape.

Not many people realize this, but Capcom is actually a member of a group called the PC Gaming Alliance. It'd be nice if they threw us a bone on this one. There are plenty of digitial distribution venues that'll take care of their DRM woes if that's their focus.

Anyway, pirates will pirate and honest consumers will remain honest. I understand Capcom's concerns about profitability, but I'm also doubting that they're going to go under by releasing a blockbuster title like SSF4 on the PC.

Virtua_Kazama said on March 28, 2011 at 10:20 a.m.

Captivate is only days away! And my bladder is filled with excitement for this!!!

YAY MOMMIE, YAY!!!!!

I'm gonna explode into cotton candy!!!!

Grimmjow316 said on March 28, 2011 at 10:41 a.m.

@6 he's trolling and you fed him good work

mrdrofficer said on March 28, 2011 at 12:23 p.m.

@ Chiade , Mr.Clack

Yeah, I'm with you, I can't wait to pirate it either. I thought if we PC people complained to Capcom long enough that we wanted the game for free we'd eventually get it. And it looks likely now!

It's bullpoop that PC will come some time after console AE. How am I going to stay toe-to-toe with my friends if I have to wait longer to get it for free?

Oh, well.

cvs said on March 28, 2011 at 12:37 p.m.

It's gonna get pirated anyways,the mindset is,why pay for something that you can get for free? That's how people think.

Chaide said on March 28, 2011 at 12:39 p.m.

@11 I just want it so I can play Endless Lobbies with my friends who play primarily on PC. The Online experience on Vanilla PC is great if you have friends, but the matchmaking is horrible (that applies to Console and PC). Super's Online is much more robust, and it has spectator mode!

I'd hope for cross-platform online at least between 360 and PC, but that's probably unrealistic. Even so, it's all worth full price to me.

Kawalorn said on March 28, 2011 at 1:01 p.m.

No thats the bullcrap that Microsoft and Epic Games has been pushing into peoples minds and of course no one thought twice and just bought it as it was.

I'm a legit PC gamer and I can attest that when SSFIV finaly comes out on PC it WILL sell good just like SFIV did.

Phynx said on March 28, 2011 at 4:07 p.m.

Unless we're seeing cross platform play I hope it doesn't use GFWL again... ugh.