Adon vs. Sagat artwork by ThrashHeavy

Posted by Nyoronoru • March 28, 2011 at 11:43 a.m. PDT
Chris "ThrashHeavy" de Leon sent in an art piece he drew featuring Adon and Sagat. This video covers the second half of the artwork where the outlines have already been completed and the coloring has begun. Chris also posted subtitles on the video that describe the artistic techniques he is applying while he works.

Comments

Artecz said on March 28, 2011 at 11:49 a.m.

This looks realy good!

JasonLee said on March 28, 2011 at 11:56 a.m.

jesuslovessatan said on March 28, 2011 at 12:10 p.m.

nice stuff thrash ill c u online soon

MALDA said on March 28, 2011 at 12:14 p.m.

darko_p86 said on March 28, 2011 at 12:20 p.m.

great work Chris "ThrashHeavy" but

Catalyst...

i asked you a while ago about a possible fan art section, and you said NO! why does someone get a publication for their art while others dont?

ThrashHeavy said on March 28, 2011 at 12:20 p.m.

Thanks guys. Haha Jesus! good to see you on here bro, I'll be playing you soon for sure. Haha sorry JasonLee..I only put up that ultra cause I thought it was funny that he skips over the kunais. Thats an old ultra clip too.

JanTheMan said on March 28, 2011 at 12:23 p.m.

I saw this on gameinformer (Feb. issue) =D

dommafia said on March 28, 2011 at 12:36 p.m.

darko, cuz u aint on no game informer son!!! lol but yeah an art section would be nice... FGC and art have always gone hand in hand.

great job thrash, adon fo life!

Do you have a high resolution, wallpaper worthy adon art? link it up!

majingoten454 said on March 28, 2011 at 12:39 p.m.

Good stuff chris!

TwoCoins said on March 28, 2011 at 1:15 p.m.

What kind of markers/coloring pencils do you use? Where can i find some like that? They shade in pretty nicely.

mustbeh4x said on March 28, 2011 at 1:22 p.m.

Hey Chris, this is awesome!

JasonLee said on March 28, 2011 at 1:24 p.m.

ThrashHeavy said on March 28, 2011 at 1:25 p.m.

I use anything really...Copics, Prismacolor Markers, Sharpies, even Crayola markers. But yeah, the Copic brush tip usually works the smoothest.

HKsupastar said on March 28, 2011 at 1:41 p.m.

Great artist...scrubby Adon player...lol

Suppi said on March 28, 2011 at 2:15 p.m.

eh, copics and prism, last time i bought some they were 24 dollars for 12 pack. I tried them then found out i suck at coloring lol. Coloring digitally is easier, not as fun but fixing mistakes is a breeze, i still prefer traditional though.

Dr_Robotnik said on March 28, 2011 at 2:17 p.m.

I'm pretty sure this was featured in game informer a couple months ago

Catalyst said on March 28, 2011 at 2:39 p.m.

@darko_p86

I'd like to do a fan art section, it's just a lot of work to maintain and make it good. It might happen in the future if the stars align.

If you see someone do a similar video to this, let me know ASAP and it'll go up. Art will always be posted on the site, it just depends on how good it is, or how interesting it is to the general community, in regards to if it gets posted or not.

Raven said on March 28, 2011 at 6:49 p.m.

Wow....that's stylish. I like that drawing...being good at drawing takes so many hours of practice....but it's something I want to get into in the future. Though I'm too busy developing for the web and my core CS atm. xD

genesiskhan said on March 28, 2011 at 8:30 p.m.

yup seen it in gameinformer

BucketheadZ06 said on March 30, 2011 at 4:33 p.m.

You should see the original Juri piece he did on my arm. Such a beautiful thing.