Super Street Fighter 4 3DS proof of concept shotos combo video

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 27, 2011 at 10:14 a.m. PDT
If you're curious how the bread and butter stuff for some of the shoto characters, Ryu, Ken and Akuma, has been transferred over to the portable version of Super Street Fighter 4 on Nintendo's 3DS, AJFAwesome made this proof of concept video replicating many of the combos you've seen over the years being pulled off on the handheld device.

This doesn't show anything you haven't seen on the title's console counterparts, but it's nice to see that these combos can be faithfully reproduced on the new system.

Comments

MALDA said on March 27, 2011 at 10:03 a.m.

Oroku_Saki said on March 27, 2011 at 10:06 a.m.

The Hyper-Portable Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross. Let's follow Ryan and Mike on their road-bound adventures around the U.S.A.

mr_e said on March 27, 2011 at 10:12 a.m.

If I was to get a 3DS, it would definetely be for this game & a few Castlevania titles. It looks great, btw.

metaf4 said on March 27, 2011 at 10:42 a.m.

Oh lord....now scrubs can assign a touch button for fireballs and ultras?!? Its the end of the skill era as far as we know it! Now there's going to be at least a million people out there hoping and dreaming for a 3DS tournament to be created somewhere someplace for all the scrubs to finally have that chance to fein spamming the most difficult moves they couldn't execute manually.

example:

- Forte's running fierce punch loop
- Cammy's cannon spike
- Almost all Viper's skilled cancelling combos!
- Now anybody with charge characters can dash forward or backwards and go into ANY Ultra!?!
- Imagine a spamming jabbing Fei Long with buttons assigned for rekkas?! Or T.Hawk's Typhoon now assigned to a button!?! (No more churning the butter for scrubs!)

Beginners and Scrubs, this is by far the best thing that Capcom could ever do for you guys! Do all of the pros out there a favor and get off the console version! 3DS SSF4 is the answer for all your scrubby problems and complaints!

But I swear, if I beat any scrub on it, and they complain about ANYTHING on THIS platform.....it's official...Complaining Scrubs will never stop doing what they do best! Stay Free!

ContentBlock said on March 27, 2011 at 10:56 a.m.

Cant wait to get a 3DS and ssf4 so i can button mash :)

ElFuerte said on March 27, 2011 at 11 a.m.

@4/metasf4

You honestly think that matters? Are you stupid? Do you think there will be majors for this game? Probably $20 pot side tournaments for lulz but thats it. Don't take it too seriously and stop being stupid.

samuraix025 said on March 27, 2011 at 11:06 a.m.

you can't execute the run fierce loop with the touch screen you can do the run but you still have to stop and fierce manually. same with viper,you can assign the move but the the move but you still haave to cancel/ super jump cancel yourself. also you can go in custom/create match and not allow simple mode in your fights. so the rant is needless.

anywho, i was the first to get it at the local game stop this morning I love how you can go in pro mode and basically make it a 6 button pad lay out. though I did 1 as throw and 3 as focus with two and four as LP and LK, with L and R and 3x punch and kick, respectively.

having all 3P and 3K on the creen seems weird to me but that my opinion

J said on March 27, 2011 at 11:08 a.m.

Charge moves and charge ultras/supers still need to have the charge first before you can press the button, if the iPod version is any indication.

Remster said on March 27, 2011 at 11:27 a.m.

Im not sure about that J, wasn't there a vid by desk a while ago showing you can do new combos because you didnt need to charge? I could be mistaken though.

samuraix025 said on March 27, 2011 at 11:34 a.m.

in simple mode you don't need charge.

skeptical said on March 27, 2011 at 11:35 a.m.

I really hope you're being sarcastic.

shadow0501 said on March 27, 2011 at 11:56 a.m.

are you goddamn high?

SJDevs said on March 27, 2011 at 12:01 p.m.

Get over yourself, dweeb.

Tenshoyaku said on March 27, 2011 at 12:03 p.m.

u dont have to play with people using the simple mode you know you can filter them out. Anyways I would love to be that Chun Li Infinite legs combo rofl

Virtua_Kazama said on March 27, 2011 at 12:34 p.m.

Somebody's oppressed...

duckmouth said on March 27, 2011 at 1:03 p.m.

Wind your neck in son.

metaf4 said on March 27, 2011 at 1:31 p.m.

Don't hate on the post peeps...I've already seen footage of the Forte fierce punch loop being done..one of my boyz is just having fun with Guile with sonic booms and dashing ultras..its just funny seeing the game all broken now. Not to mention my boy's got skill, so now he's pulling off impossible stuff he couldn't even do with a stick.

And yeah....I'm being sarcastic a bit with my #4 post. But real talk, EB Games is already doing small tournaments with the 3DS. I could easily see it in small money matches in between real tournaments here and there..

I just see this as a way to get a quick fix on the road. But to many, its a way to finally LOOK like a professional player pulling off complicated combos that they can't do on an arcade stick (or controler) in the real game.

JEABOI said on March 27, 2011 at 1:37 p.m.

metaf4 you take street fighter way to seriously! It's just a game but if you must complain, become a pro first and then mouth off to noobs all you want.

human_scum said on March 27, 2011 at 1:54 p.m.

@ metaf4 "But to many, its a way to finally LOOK like a professional player pulling off complicated combos that they can't do on an arcade stick (or controler) in the real game."

this can only be a good thing, as more people are able to have fun with the game. As people have said, you can filter out lite controls in a ranked match, so it's not like they will be able to trouble anyone who takes the game seriously on the 3ds, and especially not on consoles if they have to use a stick.

xShonuffx said on March 27, 2011 at 3:07 p.m.

You guys got trolled badly by #4. IGNORE HIM.

Most people who are first to start calling people scrubs are scrubs themeselves, he probably does'nt even know how to do a Dragon Punch, let alone touch a button to do one. Let him wish he was good enough to play Street Fighter.

Ok back to more important things.

metaf4 said on March 27, 2011 at 3:07 p.m.

Thanks for clearing that up..I didn't know u could filter out button shortcuts in rank mode. That changes everything. Matter o fact...I take it all back. Keep everything the way it is...I have no issues with the shortcuts as long as I have the option to fight others who don't use shortcuts. Thanks for clearing that up. Respect.

ContentBlock said on March 27, 2011 at 3:08 p.m.

@ metaf4 i will let u pick simple and i will pick manual. u still wont has sh1t on my button mashin skillz. even on the console, arcade and on any fighting game. i mash out any combo for life. real talk :)

WalrusKungFu said on March 27, 2011 at 3:20 p.m.

@4 These "scrubs" you talk about, are they some sort of terrorist cell? Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Now, re. the video, I watched very closely saw no evidence of the following combos:

1. cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.lp

2. cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk

So I'm not totally convinced this is a true port to the 3DS sorry.

JanTheMan said on March 27, 2011 at 5:28 p.m.

I think that Alpha 3 Max game for the PSP is better...

MonkeyCha0s said on March 27, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.

@4 i would like how its possible to do "forte's" RSF using shortcuts. cause the way i thought of it,its still gunna take some timing. RSF is Hp,QCFp,Lp and repeat. i dont think you can assign combos to shortcuts only special moves,supers and ultras. if this is true then the only shortcut will be QCFp

JinZo said on March 27, 2011 at 5:33 p.m.

I laugh at how prone you guys are to trolling.

sojiki said on March 27, 2011 at 6:20 p.m.

the dpad / button layout cramps my hands lol hands to big for little system soo sad

Hotdiddykong said on March 27, 2011 at 6:22 p.m.

@metaf4

Dude shut up, Spamming isnt actually Easy for the noobs with the confirguration.

Suprisingly, this game is competitive and NOT button mashing, you may think it is, but its actually not.

Sektah84 said on March 27, 2011 at 6:45 p.m.

Pretty amazing for a handle held game. I'm hoping they do something for the new psp next.

Gojiguy said on March 27, 2011 at 9:50 p.m.

wow. great stuff. I might consider switching my controls like that.

also, the online scrubs are great. I played one guy who tried spamming Ryu specials and I actually almost perfect'd him every time we played.

I should mention this is my first time playing SFIV ever.

stubbs said on March 27, 2011 at 10:01 p.m.

Give me 3S, CvS2, or MvC2 and we'll talk.

MALDA said on March 27, 2011 at 10:16 p.m.

Mr_Clack said on March 27, 2011 at 10:21 p.m.

@ Uploader

Thx 4 showing the main shotos...

They dont get enough exposure.............

zombi_ryu said on March 27, 2011 at 11:24 p.m.

can't wait for some cool combo videos with the charge characters

NINJA said on March 28, 2011 at 3:20 a.m.

Cool. Too bad you will never use that and you will just go back to the real SSF4 version. (PS3/Xbox 360)

This is a pointless game for 3DS. And it's because of useless sh-t like this that we are not playing AE on consoles yet. Great...

Mr_Clack said on March 28, 2011 at 4:13 a.m.

How about a connection so we can use our controllers on it?

seekerjet said on March 28, 2011 at 4:34 a.m.

It's possible to do a custom search in online play and choose control type "SAME". If you use the "Pro" setting, it will only search for "Pro" control players and rule out all online "Lite" control players.

KevinGoku2790 said on March 28, 2011 at 9:03 a.m.

stop crying, and find an arcade that has AE. either that, or wait until june 24th.

this game in no way put a brake on AE.