Polimar basics video tutorial for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 11, 2011 at 3:17 p.m. PST
A new Tatsunoko vs. Capcom tutorial video was posted by Oreo311. It shows the basics of Polimar, running through his normals, specials and other stuff.

Comments

MANDINGO said on March 11, 2011 at 3:35 p.m.

cvs said on March 11, 2011 at 4:05 p.m.

TvC! :D

J said on March 11, 2011 at 4:14 p.m.

One of my mains in TvC.

Mr_Clack said on March 11, 2011 at 8:05 p.m.

I was surprised anyone comments on this game!

SmokeRulz said on March 11, 2011 at 8:34 p.m.

I'd be utterly shocked, SHOCKED, if a TVC news post went by without someone posting "no one cares" or "i'm surprised anyone comments!"

Also, good video. Polimar is so dangerous and I suck with him.

Zombie4u said on March 11, 2011 at 11:28 p.m.

Thanks for this vid!

On a major side note:

I do enjoy MvC3 but really I think TvC is the better game.

TvC has been wrongfully viewed with a snobbish nerdy sort of arrogance because of it's home on the Wii.

As much as I enjoy MvC3 for what it is with it's graphics and awesome characters it just always feels a little "mashy."

I hate to say it because I actually REALLY like traditional inputs/timing for links and such but Marvel almost seems suited to it's "simple mode" control scheme hahaha.

Only because soooo much of MvC3 just feels SO epic and flashy with HEAVY sprinkles of LUCK? (not for certain that's the BEST way to describe it?) Why bother to learn the game if your just going to luck out for the win or the loss?

By way of comparison Street Fighter and TvC feel VERY controlled.

Just take Mr. Marn for example. He never even owned TvC, yet continually won tournaments because of the application of his skills in timing and execution. Control. Good stuff.

I'm curious to see if top Ssf4 players will place high in MvC3 tourneys or if they will stick with Street Fighter AE.

The last couple episodes of "Marvelous Adventures" made me wonder about the competitive validity of MvC3 as well.

With MvC3 it's like you say to your friends, "it looks wicked cool, aaaaand you CAN pick Spidey or even Ryu, hells yeah!!" (While you wisely choose $entinel™, Hulk and someone else...haha)

It's just not that same competitive cool as various iterations of Street Fighter, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter, KOF or TvC. Could be just me?

With those games it SEEMS like you can pick up just about any character from the roster, learn them, and potentially go into beast mode if you put in some thought and effort.

MvC3 just seems like maybe it needs to evolve somehow or something to be "serious?" I'm hoping that with it showing up in all of these big tournaments the REALLY good players will show us something new and unique about MvC3 and it's true competitive potential?

Or not?

People are speaking of "patches" quite a bit nowadays so perhaps that will do the trick? I don't know? I mean MvC2 is "wild" as well, but even it still seems more "controlled" than it's sequel.

Sooooooo anyway.....If you like MvC3, but are looking for something with a little more competitive sense, stability, and balanced roster give Tatsunoko VS Capcom a try. You may be surprised at what you find!?

Thanks so much for these great vids!!

Many of us really appreciate them!

Mr_Clack said on March 12, 2011 at 3:59 a.m.

Patches are crutches Game Developers use to make sub par games nowadays.

Missing modes, weak/overpowered character, missing characters, glitches/bugs, missing stages?

"Dont worry, just patch it!
If the buyer doesnt have online, Dont worry he already bought the game anyways, who cares of they dont like it!"

xShonuffx said on March 12, 2011 at 3:17 p.m.

People are still making stratagy guides for game like Third Strike and SSF2T. I don't see why TvC would'nt get the same treatment.

Gojiguy said on March 12, 2011 at 3:22 p.m.

Yeah I have to agree Zombie4u... MvC3 is a lot of fun but its a real button masher and I don't think it has the meat to be a truly competitive fighter (sort of like Brawl).

MvC3 really simplified inputs (some specials are done with a signle button press) which is fine, but the game mechanics are just suited to spamming, mashing and throwing out hypers without care or finesse. It's an absolute blast because of it, but it lacks depth. After about three weeks of serious MvC3-age I found myself coming back to TvC.

on a more related note I'm seriously considering giving Polimar and Soki a serious chance because as it stands, Cassh and Joe (lower tier chars) are sucking when it comes to online (at least when my opponent has bad lag).

GunHammers said on March 13, 2011 at 11:24 a.m.

More Please!

cvs said on March 13, 2011 at 12:33 p.m.

@9 I don't blame you 1 bit,mvc3 is like a broken version of tvc.and people thionk they upgraged when they went from tvc to mvc3.