Ono mentions PC Super Street Fighter 4 again, news roundup for March 6

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 6, 2011 at 4:58 p.m. PST
Ono mentions PC Super Street Fighter 4 again, news roundup for March 6

• Ono is again talking about a PC version of SSF4, leaving this message on his Twitter account:

Don't forget [about] SSFIV for PC, we are still waiting the "news" XD. — kikogotskill

Ono: Don't worry, but please wait for OFFICIAL announcement. ;D

• The MvC3 strategy guide by Purbeast for the iOS, for Apple devices like the iPhone, is available now for .99 cents.

• BossLogic created Hyper Real artwork for Dudley. Tip from Oroku_Saki.

• Capcom-Unity showed off limited edition packaging for the 3DS version of SSF4, which has a 3D effect.

• Mad Catz announced they will have some epic deals for fighting game fans who attend Final Round XIV, but there are limited quantities.

Video of Chinatown Fair's new location was uploaded to NerdoYoshua's channel. Called 'The Next Level', it's located at 4013 8th Ave in Brooklyn, New York.

Comments

Swag said on March 6, 2011 at 5:04 p.m.

who cares about SSFIV for PC.
we only care about SSFIV AE for consoles.

kuritorisu said on March 6, 2011 at 5:08 p.m.

@Swag
i care about SSFIV for PC; i want to be able to play on my laptop while away from home.

Struggs said on March 6, 2011 at 5:10 p.m.

People like Swag have a EARTH REVOLVES AROUND ME AND MY OPINIONS complex. Seriously other people exist and have opinions different than yours. PC SSF4 has been in demand for a long time by a lot of people... this is good news.

J said on March 6, 2011 at 5:10 p.m.

That app still has Hsien-Ko misspelled.

Oroku_Saki said on March 6, 2011 at 5:12 p.m.

I care about SSF IV for the PC. I'm buying that and making mods. Hell Yeah!
Super SF 4 Rainbow Edition.

Rave_Zero said on March 6, 2011 at 5:18 p.m.

@kuritorisu

ignore the selfish Swag, there is demand for SSF4/SSF4:AE on PC.

It's good that people like him feel how it is beeing left behind, while others play a newer version of the game in arcades.

Anyway in best case PC and console players will get SSF4:AE² at nearly the same time (arround June/July).

Pig_Red said on March 6, 2011 at 5:33 p.m.

We won't see anything SF4-related until Capcom is finished squeezing MvC3's udders and it'll be months before that milking is finished. My guess is that we'll get the AE engine on both PC and console sometime in the late summer or early fall, but the new characters will be DLC like they are in MvC3. MvC3 is a test bed for what people will tolerate in terms of DLC in a fighting game. $5 characters here we come.

JanTheMan said on March 6, 2011 at 5:44 p.m.

Where's BlankaBeast?

PANTOOZLER said on March 6, 2011 at 6:03 p.m.

i want to see more hilarious move swaps for Super Street for PC!

DomDaDude said on March 6, 2011 at 6:21 p.m.

@Swag
I care stfu =O

Dr_Robotnik said on March 6, 2011 at 7:04 p.m.

#1, I agree 100%

#2, thats what the 3DS edition is for

Nago said on March 6, 2011 at 7:12 p.m.

It's way past the "test bed" phase. Or do you honestly think Capcom hasn't kept up with BB or hell, even SC4 which was years ago?

yes4me said on March 6, 2011 at 7:29 p.m.

WE CARE ABOUT PC!! DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE A$$

SenretsuShou said on March 6, 2011 at 7:31 p.m.

Damn , i bought the xbox 360 to play it becouse it was not coming for PC.Anyways , I`m not sorry about that =D

Wolfeyes187 said on March 6, 2011 at 7:37 p.m.

I wonder what these madcats epic deals are going to be

BlankaBeast said on March 6, 2011 at 7:42 p.m.

2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 13...HECK YES WE CARE!!

...and I still care too! PC BABY

WOO!

PC
FTW

Kakkarot045 said on March 6, 2011 at 8:03 p.m.

Meh where is Ss4 AE for pc lol

Sakura said on March 6, 2011 at 8:05 p.m.

SSFIV will never come to the pc...and I'm glad.

PikminExpert said on March 6, 2011 at 8:23 p.m.

I wonder when the release date for the PC version will be. Can't wait!

cvs said on March 6, 2011 at 8:25 p.m.

@16 You only care because you still haven't bought a console like the rest of the world to play on.

Grimmjow316 said on March 6, 2011 at 8:55 p.m.

Lol give the peoe what they want just please don't make some of those horrendous mods.

DestinyZX1 said on March 6, 2011 at 9:44 p.m.

I don't know if Ono is trolling us but all we know is that things are getting freaky.

Phynx said on March 6, 2011 at 10:20 p.m.

If they hadn't done such a poor job with the original's PC release I might care more.

ihira said on March 6, 2011 at 10:36 p.m.

Wrong.
I have a PS3 and ssf4 but would still prefer playing it on PC when by myself for several reasons.

Althought ssf4 for PC seems too little too late.
Why not just skip ssf4 and release AE version for PC (along with console release)

rudiano said on March 6, 2011 at 11:15 p.m.

Frank West in MVC3? Fake?

rudiano said on March 6, 2011 at 11:17 p.m.

@25 Also Strider Hiryu?

Grimmjow316 said on March 7, 2011 at 2:01 a.m.

@24 Don't let it get to you it's sort of a running gag on the site with Blankabeast and other posters it's not directed toward any other players who want SSF4/AE on PC (at least it shouldn't)

to my original post meant people* that's what i get for using my iphone at work.

skeptical said on March 7, 2011 at 4:02 a.m.

SSF4 on pc feels pointless, besides for the customization of character costumes people will make. I started off by playing SF4 on pc and it was riddled with problems. The small user base and the difficulty to find opponents was bad enough. For some reason capcom had the frames per second default settings at varied instead of fixed, so the game would literally slow down if you or your opponent's computer couldn't handle it if that option wasn't set on BOTH computers. Even then it would have frame loss if either computer couldn't handle what was going on, causing more dropped moves than I can remember. Unfortunately after trying the console release, it was pretty obvious the pc version was just a poorly optimized novelty compared to the consoles.

With that being said, the game did look beautiful on max settings, and I'm glad I picked it up as it introduced me to this addiction.

MALDA said on March 7, 2011 at 4:29 a.m.

Jerecaine said on March 7, 2011 at 6:08 a.m.

@rudiano that screams fake to me. AS USUAL, they only show the character names and not the characters themselves (or just a tiny bit of them).

HandsomePhil said on March 7, 2011 at 7:14 a.m.

Look at 0:21 in the "Video of Chinatown Fair's new location" (Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma).

gattz said on March 7, 2011 at 7:23 a.m.

Oh nice, I heard this arcade got shut down recently. I was just about to take a trip to NYC, glad I'll be able to stop by to try out AE after all.

Mugenpunch said on March 7, 2011 at 8:01 a.m.

Only SSFIV? It would be really bad if PC gets SSFIV not when AE is about to release.. Atleast SF4 PC came only a few months after console release. Now releasing PC version a year after consoles is hard to take. Hopefully it will be AE. Happy there is news about PC though. Good news for all of us who haveb been petitioning for it for so long.

BlankaBeast said on March 7, 2011 at 9:27 a.m.

Word.

Stay_Free said on March 7, 2011 at 11:08 a.m.

I hope that PC SSF4 never becomes true, just to see these people like comment #3 cry fursecution every time.

Existent said on March 7, 2011 at 11:55 a.m.

I didn't like the Dudley art at first, but it grew on me.

Saikyobbi said on March 7, 2011 at 12:42 p.m.

Trollin' aside, I think a PC version is pretty much a given at this point.

AE is kinda up in the air, but also most likely comin'. Honestly, that I couldn't care less about.

Chaide said on March 7, 2011 at 1:27 p.m.

Even though I own any console SSF4 can be played on (and SSF4 on one of them), I'd rather be playing it on my PC. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way, and would gladly buy another copy of a game they already own for the convenience, luxury, or whatever you wanna call it.

Doesn't make much sense to me why people who have no intention of playing a PC version hate it so much, but those are fanboys for you. Or trolls, it's really not worth figuring out.

A PC release would only help to grow the community and give plenty of Vanilla PC players what they've been asking for, and that's one of the most solid fighting games around on their platform of choice.

The greedy side of me would hope for cross-platform online, but I doubt we'll be seeing any of that. Here's hoping they don't skimp out on AE once it's announced.

Ruiz said on March 7, 2011 at 2:11 p.m.

All I have in my current situation right now is PC. It honestly isn't a big deal for me, but I wouldn't mind SSFIV/AE coming to PC. Or even MVC3, if ever. If it came out, I'll buy it. If not, I'm not going to complain. It is what it is, nothing more.

sgb said on March 7, 2011 at 7:17 p.m.

I'd definitely pick up SSF4 if there was a PC version. Modding on PC greatly extended its life. I've got mods to:
-Replace the terrible generic music with SSF2 themes.
-Remove the annoying announcer commentary.
-New costumes that are vastly more interesting than anything Capcom did (check out the Hulk Hogan 'gief, looks flawless).

The last point is probably why Capcom didn't relase a PC version though. They milked console owners quite a bit for on-disc DLC costumes, something PC owners would laugh in their face for trying. IMO the piracy concerns Capcom kept mentioning wasn't game piracy, it was people not buying any DLC.

Hopefully if they finally release this on PC, they'll dump GFWL at use Steamworks or something.

MilnerWins said on March 8, 2011 at 3:29 p.m.

i WANT ssf4 ON MY ALIENWARE

RaptorJesusDesu said on March 8, 2011 at 8:07 p.m.

Part of the point of buying DLC costumes is that other people can see them. Not everybody is satisfied with simply slapping on some mod that only you get to enjoy. I don't think it impacted things terribly much.

I have a feeling the PC release will coincide with AE. It will be the impetus Capcom feels it needs to justify a PC release of SSF4.