Hit Box lesson #2, displays, and interview

Posted by Who Is Alpha • June 29, 2011 at 6:33 p.m. PDT
A few videos were posted by the Hit Box crew including the second lesson in their tutorial series. They cover quarter circles, and buffering in this lesson. It shows off just how effective and quick the Hit Box can be when it comes to getting clean inputs.

Dustin goes through his personal flowchart in training mode using the Hit Box.

Upa pulls off a Dante BnB on the Hit Box.

The Hit Box crew interviews Noah "The Prodigy" Solis at RevaLAtions when he was trying out the Hit Box for the first time.

Warning: Noah is very difficult to hear near the end of the interview.

Tip sent in by JohnGrimm

Comments

OhYouDontSayThat said on June 29, 2011 at 6:43 p.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

genesiskhan said on June 29, 2011 at 6:59 p.m.

looks great for me ima pad player by heart and the stick never feels right for me ill try this though looks good well better demos now id say make me really wanna try

RedMist said on June 29, 2011 at 7:15 p.m.

I'm scared of change.

Rocwing said on June 29, 2011 at 8:28 p.m.

I'm going to invest in one.. I think I could do some amazing stuff with Makoto on that thing.

Tabris said on June 29, 2011 at 8:56 p.m.

I remb having to do this for Melty

Not this well though :(

Shinkutatsumaki said on June 29, 2011 at 10:30 p.m.

Hmm... Maybe dash ultras could be easier with this.

Aka: Guile's flash kick FADC to ultra 2
Or Deejay's MGU dash into ultra 2.

Creeper said on June 29, 2011 at 11:46 p.m.

I haven't used a Hit Box but theoretically, dash supers/ultras would be sooo much easier just tapping buttons rather than dragging a stick back and forth. The flash kick FADC might be tricky though. Maybe they'll make a video demonstrating this late, they do read the comments on Event Hubs.

Dflowen said on June 30, 2011 at 1:10 a.m.

That's crazy how does that work? Directional inputs are easier or what? I'm likin the Dante combo just by pressing buttons hahaha so cool.

Sasuga said on June 30, 2011 at 1:36 a.m.

might be usefull for MK as well.

Rocwing said on June 30, 2011 at 3:36 a.m.

@ 10 I'm willing to bet that the MK crowd would try to ban this. That being said, I totally agree with you.

Freedomx15 said on June 30, 2011 at 4:20 a.m.

Reminds me so much of when I used to play KoF on MAME using the keyboard.

How easy is it to do motions like Fei Long's chicken wing?

Shinkutatsumaki said on June 30, 2011 at 7:19 a.m.

Pretty cool but, I can totally see this being banned for pretty much all game tournaments. With the amount of potential on this thing, It might just make it a little too easy to pull off moves.

JanTheMan said on June 30, 2011 at 3:45 p.m.

It's basically like playing with a keyboard... just the up button in a difference place.