Capcom still cares a lot about Marvel vs. Capcom 3, debunks DLC rumor

Posted by Catalyst
June 23, 2011 at 1:42 a.m. PDT
Capcom still cares a lot about Marvel vs. Capcom 3, debunks DLC rumor Some people have taken Capcom's silence on the subject of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to mean that the company no longer cares about the game. Christian Svensson again visited the Unity Boards to say that wasn't the case and to let fans know they'll see something in the future. He also quickly talked about the status of the PC release of SSF4 AE and dunked a DLC character rumor.

I heard a rumor that on June 30th Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will have DLC characters Frank West, Spider-Woman, MegaMan X and Ms. Marvel, is that true? — Anthony

Svensson: I'm torn on how to respond to this.

On the one hand, I wish I could say something about MvC3. But I shouldn't respond to rumors and speculation and unfortunately, I need to ask for your continued patience.

On the other hand, this is a silly rumor.

I wish the rumor was true. I don't get why Capcom doesn't care anymore about MvC3. — Buffy

Svensson: Oh, don't confuse silence for disinterest. We care very much. You'll see. 8)

Are you finished with development on the PC version of SSF4 AE? — A

Svensson: In manufacturing/being set up with digital distribution partners for final test. It's in good shape.

What do you think Sven might be alluding to here with Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Leave a comment below with your thoughts.

Tip from Videogame554.

Comments

NoizyChild said on June 23, 2011 at 1:49 a.m.

Here come the wishlists and whiny children.....

Shareware said on June 23, 2011 at 1:50 a.m.

Right you are.

At this point my entire wishlist has been trimmed down to one character.

Strider, of course.

General_Awesomo said on June 23, 2011 at 1:50 a.m.

Oh God damn it, PLEASE let Mega Man X in. And Gambit. And Carnage. Cyclops, Vergil, Sigma, Bass.exe too.

General_Awesomo said on June 23, 2011 at 1:51 a.m.

I was hoping to avoid the inb4's...

Lemres said on June 23, 2011 at 1:54 a.m.

I don't really care for this game that much anymore.

Shareware said on June 23, 2011 at 1:58 a.m.

I have stopped playing this game almost entirely because:

1. No spectator mode

2. Kinda crappy matchmaking.

3. It feels incomplete. The two empty spaces at the bottom of the character select screen drive me up the wall.

PANTOOZLER said on June 23, 2011 at 1:59 a.m.

I wonder how soon it will be?

5 beans on another Shadow mode and Event.

General_Awesomo said on June 23, 2011 at 2:02 a.m.

@ #6.

Yeah. Two empty character slots are getting to be pretty frequent in Capcom fighters, huh?

Shareware said on June 23, 2011 at 2:05 a.m.

Yeah. But at LEAST in AE it's arranged a little more nicely to where it's not so obvious that there are characters missing.

Honestly, it's the format that messes with my head. It's like "I know there should be characters there, dammit!"

GamePirate420 said on June 23, 2011 at 2:14 a.m.

Why would it be called Super MvC3?

Super is Street Fighter's thing
Hyper MvC3 sounds about right!

thepuscifer said on June 23, 2011 at 2:18 a.m.

New alts, 2 new characters (I really hope for Gambit too @3)and more stages.

General_Awesomo said on June 23, 2011 at 2:21 a.m.

@ #9.

No, I think the asymmetry in the AE character select screen is actually hurting the "is it or not" mystery.

obscura9 said on June 23, 2011 at 2:26 a.m.

Mikeydactyl said on June 23, 2011 at 2:26 a.m.

I don't give a truck how Mega Man plays in this game, I'll be dropping someone and putting him on my main team for EVO. I am such a huge fan of the Mega Man series. Meh to the rest of the DLC, Doc-Oc could be interesting.

General_Awesomo said on June 23, 2011 at 2:33 a.m.

@ #13.

5 out of the 7 characters I mentioned have never been in any MvC game. Yes, I consider Mega Man X to be worlds apart in difference compared to Classic Mega Man. At the very least X would have a much better moveset than Mega in MvC2. Strider is a great choice, but there is a chance Vergil might replace him as the ninja character that this game so desperately needs. Who knows.

kirbykirbykirby said on June 23, 2011 at 2:36 a.m.

capcom stopped caring about classic mega man and x years ago.

Shareware said on June 23, 2011 at 2:40 a.m.

Mega Man 10 - Released March 2010.

Okay.

Offbeat said on June 23, 2011 at 2:50 a.m.

I'm hoping for that new guy, Asura. Asuras Wrath seems like kind of a badass game

Mikeydactyl said on June 23, 2011 at 3:06 a.m.

If Mega Man X isn't in the next DLC pack I will be genuinely surprised, he was the most requested character in that massive poll on shoryuken AND I believe Ono actually stated in an interview that he'd like on more character from the Mega Man series in the game. Hmmm... I hope they make him a badass and send the meta game for a loop, unlike Shuma and Jill who are needless additions to the game.

We'll see I guess...

EskimoHunter said on June 23, 2011 at 3:30 a.m.

It is a little strange how they treated this game

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on June 23, 2011 at 3:46 a.m.

I'm just happy they still s=care about this game. I feel it has a lot of potential and it's the most fun fighting game to watch and play.

DudeMeister said on June 23, 2011 at 4:01 a.m.

Hell yeah!
You and me both. Asura would seem like a badass addition to mvc3. He'll make the capcom side seem more convincing as a company with all kinds of badass characters. As it is now, all those small/cutesy/cartoony characters just make the capcom side look childish compared to the marvel side(no offense). There's only like 4 badass characters(haggar, dante, akuma, wesker) as opposed to 7 small/cutesy/cartoony characters(arthur, felicia, hsien ko, v. Joe, ammy, t.bonne, zero).

Shareware said on June 23, 2011 at 4:42 a.m.

I'm glad Capcom took the time to acknowledge their classic characters, not only because they need more exposure, but I feel like the modern gaming culture could use some exposure to something different. It seems like EVERYBODY wants to be badass these days. Me, I see those old characters as good examples of subtle badassery. The kind WITHOUT the stubble, WITHOUT the guttural voice, and without the black clothes.

wbarfield2 said on June 23, 2011 at 4:46 a.m.

Now I give a lil credit to Buffy for maken that statement ;) come on Capcom stop wit all tha bs & wasten time.Release tha good stuff already:)

Zombie4u said on June 23, 2011 at 4:54 a.m.

This game seems so "touch of death-ish" and mashy that I really just can't get into it competitively anymore. Tatsunoko is my versus game of choice.

Adam_Zapple said on June 23, 2011 at 5:01 a.m.

He says don't take the silence as disinterest, but that's just on Capcom's end. For fans, when there's no news on a game that is so perfect for continued DLC releases, fans loose interest.

I haven't played Marvel since MK came out. MK just announced 4 downloadable characters are coming out this summer, along with 8 alternate costumes. You can buy the whole package for $12 on 360.

Marvel, on the other hand, released 2 downloadable characters right at release (99% likely they could've just been released on the initial release) and one alt costume pack with no word on others.

PLUS with the release of AE even more players are likely pushing Marvel over to the side.

Non-wall-of-text version: Capcom is completely dropping the ball with Marvel.

50Sent said on June 23, 2011 at 5:05 a.m.

That IS a silly rumor. Why would any of those characters other than Frank West ever be added?

THE_GODDAMN_MASTER said on June 23, 2011 at 5:19 a.m.

What could possibly be so big that CAPCOM has to go months without the slightest support for this game that took them almost ten years to make, apart from those BS Shadow Modes?

TheDeadTexan said on June 23, 2011 at 5:26 a.m.

I think it's a wonderful game, but it's not being supported. I know they've mentioned that the Tsunami messed up the plans and scheduling of planned add-ons, but to go months without so much as a word of new info is criminal.

50Sent said on June 23, 2011 at 5:28 a.m.

Once all of the events are out of the way well get real DLC guys, calm down.

kingofthesharks said on June 23, 2011 at 5:30 a.m.

Yo Catalyst

I found this video from machinarespawn that goes over how to beat sentinel and also points out his annoying strengths. Complaints and counter-tutorials about the robot are a little dated by now, but it looks like the start of a new series called "needs more salt" and next episode will detail phoenix, a more current problem people are interested in.

ThaOneKing said on June 23, 2011 at 5:30 a.m.

Watch, Capcom is going to tell us something about MvC3 DLC at Comic-Con?

50Sent said on June 23, 2011 at 5:42 a.m.

The funny part is that MvC3 is hacking much more DLC support than SF4 did.

guttertrashgaming said on June 23, 2011 at 5:52 a.m.

already sold mvc3.. online matches were fine back then.. not it's just lagtastic!

waiting on the CD version of SSF4AE

Sturmgeist13 said on June 23, 2011 at 6:22 a.m.

Don't get your hopes up, what svensson meant by the "you'll see" comment was that there are 50 more shadow mode DLCs coming this year! Yay! not.

MvC3 is dead to Capcom, if anything we'll get two more unfinished characters to fill up the remaining spaces & that will be the end of it.

KC2daB said on June 23, 2011 at 6:32 a.m.

@27 and @36

Completely agree. Sorry Sven, but you guys have been silent for months and months and months. Sudden;y we are suppose to believe you??? Nope, not falling for this, either show me the proof at this point or get to stepping, cause it seems like capcom would sooner pimp the crap out of Street Fighter the

n try to finish a game that sold incredibly well. I mean to
see this silence has backfired is an understatement, I mean
I hardly ever see anyone just bluntly say in here that they sold the game, when it hadn't even been out in less than a year. what is that telling you capcom?

SoundwaveButcher said on June 23, 2011 at 7:03 a.m.

On one hand YES on the other NO.

These people with their BS answers.

juanrock said on June 23, 2011 at 7:25 a.m.

i kind of stoped caring about this game some time ago, unless they anounce a huge nerf for all characters i dont think im getting any expansions, once you learn a few 100% combos the game gets pretty boring.

IMO of course

DemonDethchase said on June 23, 2011 at 7:26 a.m.

I say Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 as that is one of the Marvel universes.

I have my fingers crossed for at least another 10-14 characters (5/7 Cap 5/7 Marv) but I'm hoping for (some really hoping for, others wouldn't mind)

Marvel

Vergil*
Strider*
Ken
Sakura
Jin
Mega Man
Son Son ***(highly unlikely but I would like her to comeback)

MugenLord said on June 23, 2011 at 7:53 a.m.

MVC3 was one of the most disappointing games for me this year. This game has been hyped up and been anticipated for over a decade and look at the treatment this game has been given. Ono is doing a much better Job with the SF X T, no
leaks and info is being dropped to the community in tibits, while Nitsuma's MVC3 was just a complete mess and couldnt be kept under control.

joker101 said on June 23, 2011 at 7:54 a.m.

Who the hell is asking these questions?

mcb650 said on June 23, 2011 at 8:09 a.m.

MvC3 is the Phantom Menace of video games.

Capcom would be wise to go back to the drawing board with any follow-ups to this game, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's why they're so silent about its future. Every time I watch tournament footage, I have a hard time believeing that the gameplay I'm seeing was what the developers intended. X-factor, ridiculously long inescapable combos, assist spamming... Every match looks like a giant, disjointed fustercluck. Ditch the lame story, the vast majority of gameplay mechanics, add LOTS of new characters and re-evaluate your position on last-ditch comeback mechanics. See you next year I hope?

thepuscifer said on June 23, 2011 at 8:14 a.m.

Guile anyone? Or is that just me on my lonesome wanting him? I used him allot in MvC2, he's fun to play.

thepuscifer said on June 23, 2011 at 8:15 a.m.

Oh and can I just add, Marvel also own rights on this game so they must agree with Capcom and visa versa so this is probably why it's been left in the dark for a while....

eatm said on June 23, 2011 at 8:17 a.m.

What really hurt this game is the netcode and the lack of spectator mode...this game is almost unplayable online. I still don't know how could they mess up the excellent mvc2 netcode.

gam3fr33k said on June 23, 2011 at 8:22 a.m.

We'll probably hear something at comic con

yes4me said on June 23, 2011 at 8:26 a.m.

All I read was MvC3 for PC maybe a possibility if SSF$ AE make money

Supersf4 said on June 23, 2011 at 8:42 a.m.

At GamePirate420 #10
Maybe someone just called it super marvel vs capcom 3,
because they play SSF4 and MvC3!!

BlakTheGreat said on June 23, 2011 at 8:55 a.m.

@ #40
Apart from Vergil, those are ALL characters from MVC2. It's obnoxious that people only want old characters to be in MVC3. I understand that you enjoyed playing them in 2, but seriously, get over it and give new characters a chance.

MALDA said on June 23, 2011 at 9:01 a.m.

mavfan619 said on June 23, 2011 at 9:08 a.m.

I still think as far as character amounts the game is fine and is a balance tweak (especially on X-factor/dhc glitch and overall damage output in comparison to the amount of health) away from being perfect, what's really needed also is better online functionality. Extra characters are cool and all but for a games that's finished this game is not.

DemonDethchase said on June 23, 2011 at 9:09 a.m.

yea BlakTheGreat, I couldn't think of any guys at that point *^^"*
although after a while I thought about who was on Capcoms side in Tatsunoko who never made it across apart from the obvious Frank West

Batsu Iichimonji
Alex
Saki Omokane
Kaijin No Soki
PTX-40A (could work as a "counter" or gaint robot for Capcom against Sentinel if they make him smaller or something)

Don't have another guys I can think of apart from maybe Demitri and Jedah (although there is already 3 Darkstalkers so I don't know). Get some more Rival School and Power Stone and Marvel guys? I can't really think of any new Marvel guys atm, my knowledge of Marvel isn't that great *^^"*

tktktk43 said on June 23, 2011 at 9:26 a.m.

I think the reason why dlc has come to a halt for mvc3 is because they want to save money. If they keep patching the game constantly for costumes, balances, tweaks, chars, etc... it will cost money. Therefore, I think they are waiting until they are done with the remaining chars and final balancing and then they will release a single update. I'm guessing the DLC chars are still Frank and Dr, Octopus; unless Capcom decides to put in extra work and add in chars like Strider, Mega-man, etc. I doubt it though.

BlankaBeast said on June 23, 2011 at 9:29 a.m.

PC good shape = :D

DemonDethchase said on June 23, 2011 at 9:32 a.m.

so yea if someone could help me out with throwing up some cool new unused Marvel characters who we haven't seen aside from I can think of although I don't really know too much about them so if they are pretty rubbish sorry about that *^^"*

Nightcrawler (maybe too much like Wesker?)
Doctor Strange
Doctor Octopus
Ghost Rider
Dare Devil
Punisher (maybe too much like Chris?)
Silver Surfer
Fin Fang Foom (I have no idea about this guy but I can mind he was mentioned in the Big Bang Theory when talking about Marvel characters with names that start with the same letter. Mame sounds awesome so yea throw that one in there lol)

And thats all I've got right now

BlakTheGreat said on June 23, 2011 at 9:36 a.m.

DemonDethchase, that's much better :D
On Marvel's side they could go with
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Nick Fury
Loki
Punisher

They've got tons of characters they could implement. Not many people knew who Taskmaster was and he became a favorite.

Darkyellow said on June 23, 2011 at 9:37 a.m.

DLC makes a profit if they price it at a profitable amount. Nothing is stopping them unless there is some kind of statistical evidence stating that people will not pay for MvC3 DLC. It's not like Capcom hasn't nickled and dimed people throughout its entire existence as a company and it's also not like people haven't gobbled that stuff up every single time.

Hakansoilbarrel said on June 23, 2011 at 9:45 a.m.

("Capcom still cares a lot about MvC3"

Yeah right, sure. I'm sorry to say this Capcom but I went back to AE because, #1 - It's online is decent(among other reasons).

You wanna show you care, do something nice. Father's Day was last Sunday...)

SsjBizzle said on June 23, 2011 at 9:50 a.m.

Yea they did PROMISE spectator mode, and theyve never really talked about it (Also no one has asked any questions about it .__.) so I'm wondering when that will come.

And why do people think they gave up on MVC3? Capcom is a cash cow, and MVC3 is the biggest/newest/hypest fighter out right now, why wouldn't they make more chars? (And give them away for 30 euro each)

And Virgil won't be in it even though I want him to be, look at one of Dante's customes, he pretty much looks like Virgil. Also megaman highly unlikely seeing as we got Zero..Etc.

okay said on June 23, 2011 at 9:55 a.m.

Just give us Mega Man X and Phoenix Wright from the Capcom side, with Venom and Gambit from the Marvel side. They were the only 4 characters to get over 2,000 votes in Round 2 of the DLC poll.

Staffinator said on June 23, 2011 at 9:56 a.m.

Capcom's most likely waiting for Comic-Con to announce anything for MvC. Kinda dumb to hold out this long. Hoping to get an AE level upgrade to the matchmaking, not mention some sort of spectator mode

VashTheSlash said on June 23, 2011 at 10 a.m.

But what everyone has to understand is that Capcom cant just put whatever characters they want in the game. There is a process to choosing espically now since Disney bought marvel.

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 10:23 a.m.

I don't think Frank West is going to be in, I think he's been replaced. Plus he was disconfirmed. Most disconfirmed characters will not be in I bet. I think capcom is only going to do 2 requested characters that were disconfirmed on Marvel side and Capcom side, otherwise it would take some time.
The only old ones I think are possibly returning are these guys:
Marvel: Cyclops, Iceman,Thanos and Juggernaut
Capcom: Captain Commando, Jin, M.Bison and Roll
if not all, it WILL be some of those because those haven't been disconfirmed and they stand out as mainstream characters
For requested I'd say between these
Capcom: Mega Man X, Strider,Phoenix Wright
Marvel: Venom or Gambit
Cyclops wasn't really rule out nor was Mega Man X and if you look on certain sites that had them disconfirmed changes were made.I do wonder how many we'll get.

BlakTheGreat said on June 23, 2011 at 10:25 a.m.

@ cadnexus #65
The thing is, Frank West WAS confirmed for the game. He was taken out at the last minute because Capcom said it took too much time to implement his move set.

mrdrofficer said on June 23, 2011 at 10:26 a.m.

I think a "Super edition" with about 14 new characters and tweaks with a few new stages. They probably scraped the minor updates plan when the game didn't sell as well as they wanted. (14 because that's what would fill the two empty slots and fill out two more vertical columns.

AND AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES XFACTOR? I think the system is fine because I really enjoy the high damage game (ST/HDR fan). But I do think Phoenix needs less unblockable setups for sure. Other than that she's fine.

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 10:29 a.m.

Has anyone seen the Cyclops so called fake leak?
The model is real, but it's obvious that he's in a fake background standing behind Chris fighting the Hulk. Far as I know I haven't seen that Cyclops model any where. Capcom cam easily render an image of the actual model of Cyclops and photoshop him on any scene, so it wouldn't surprise me if that is the real model of Cyclops and Capcom is just fooling around with us lol.

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 10:38 a.m.

Yes I know, it's old news, but some people still think he's going to be in. Niitsuma said "We felt we could direct our resources to better use, so we took Frank out"
What character would be a better replacement? Chuck Green,Phoenix Wright, Executioner M (he was in the comic book and well introduced, plus he could summon Zombies),or Regina (dino crisis)?

Meskiukas said on June 23, 2011 at 10:40 a.m.

Can't wait. While I enjoy AE, Marvel is a lot more fun to me. Don't care what characters they add, I just hope they adjust xfactor.

BlakTheGreat said on June 23, 2011 at 10:44 a.m.

@69, I did some digging and I found that Cyclops leak
It's merely just the work of a fan.
I would love to have Phoenix Wright in the game!

Chris0419 said on June 23, 2011 at 10:46 a.m.

I bet there will be a title update and we will get this information in Comic Con so only one more month to wait

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 10:48 a.m.

Well he did a good job, if he'd put him in a different scene with a shadow, you would almost believe it was real.

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 10:55 a.m.

When they do announce something, it better be big--the whole sha-bang. They need to tell us the total amount of DLC characters, stages, and if it's going to be an updated version coming out. They need to make up the long wait for news we haven't had lol.

valken said on June 23, 2011 at 10:57 a.m.
kirbykirbykirby said on June 23, 2011 at 11:15 a.m.

lol at expecting comic con update. its all about sfxt now. they sold the millions of copies for mvc3 already with the little content the game has. they might as well put money into their biggest game for next year instead of updating a game. im pretty sure they will make more money on a game than just selling dlc

tokyobassist said on June 23, 2011 at 11:29 a.m.

Watch Capcom refrain from putting in any the characters fans actually want because they know people will still buy it. I got fed up with MVC3 disappointing me at every waking moment.

*Puts on Hazmat suit for incoming "STFU scrub" comments from fanboys going blind with elitism

The irony is I see the same pattern with CoD fanboys & MVC3 fanboys, they'll both try to defend the nickel-&-diming half-baked game to the death.

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 11:39 a.m.

I agree, I'm not expecting anything for MvC 3 at San Diego Comic con either, unless I hear Capcom announcing it. They're strictly SFXT now,which is a game I care less about. I don't care much about SFAE either, those four characters don't buy me at all.

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 11:42 a.m.

That's actually true in some cases. They always leave characters out just so you'll be attracted to another game. For instance no Blade or Dr. Strange in MVC3, but later down the road you'll see Marvel Super Heroes 2 with Blade and Dr. Strange in it. Watch, you'll see some characters you wished in SSF4 or Arcade addition show up in SFxT.

MetroidG said on June 23, 2011 at 11:55 a.m.

Its already been leaked that there's a super marvel vs capcom 3 on the way. It may not be called that but that guy that leaked it hasn't been wrong yet. I'm sure that there's going to be a disk version and DLC version just like AE. I'm sure they'll say more about it at comic-con or tokyo game show. Also those saying that people are dropping mvc3 for ae their only half right. Some people are dropping SFAE and mvc3 and people thought sfae was going to replace mvc3 lol. MVC3 scene in the U.S is still bigger than sfae's right now.

Lyn said on June 23, 2011 at 11:58 a.m.

What a load of sht.

If they wanted to save money, they wouldn't release BS shadow modes and events like people are so hyped up for it.

They put remaining time into getting real patches out like a real company then people wouldn't be so pissed and laugh at how Capcom handles things now.

NoizyChild said on June 23, 2011 at 12:04 p.m.

For the people claiming it's all about SFxT:

San Diego COMIC Con is, you guessed it, a COMIC convention.

Marvel is a COMIC company.

If there was ever a better place to announce SMVC3, it would be at SDCC or NYCC.

SFxT wouldn't really have any business at a COMIC convention.

Get it now?

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 12:25 p.m.

That makes perfect sense, but they did say that SFxT will be at San Diego Comic con. We also thought the same thing with Jump Festival which is also based on comics and we got no character reveals there. I guess you can argue that Jump Festa is manga based and not American comics based, but it's relative.
I hope you are right.

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 12:28 p.m.

To me, I see nothing that interesting to Street Fighter Arcade Edition that would bury MvC3. All they did was add 4 characters. A Ryu and Akuma upgrade and Two twins, who used to have similar moves. None of those characters really interest me at all. Also I still wouldn't get rid of MvC 3 for SFAE that would be just plain dumb.

VashTheSlash said on June 23, 2011 at 12:30 p.m.

Im starting to think its Marvel's fault as to why we are not seeing any dlc

cadnexus said on June 23, 2011 at 12:33 p.m.

It is. It's Marvels way of Marketing.
Capcom's DLC for their games came out when expected for the most part

VashTheSlash said on June 23, 2011 at 12:39 p.m.

@86Yeah but at the same time we have to understand that marvel might not want to see certain characters in the game as well

kirbykirbykirby said on June 23, 2011 at 1:04 p.m.

that cyclops looks too good. it looks like hes going to summon the sentinel drones lol. im still upset that cyke isn't in the game -_-

Bushinryuken said on June 23, 2011 at 1:05 p.m.

@ #82 - That whole argument falls apart simply because SFxT was announced at Comic-Con last year :p. It being a comic convention has nothing to do with what Capcom decides to show off there. Also, there's dozens of companies that go there that aren't comic related at all, yet they do all kinda of releases, trailers, teasers, etc at the con.

smashfury said on June 23, 2011 at 1:10 p.m.

it's costumes people. they are going to add more costumes, that is all

InitialR said on June 23, 2011 at 1:31 p.m.

mrdrofficer said on June 23, 2011 at 2:09 p.m.

I think the renewed interest in Dr.Strange would make for a very worthy character with a great amount of metagame behind him.

Does anybody have that "confirmed" super info leak link? Someone mentioned the guy hasn't been wrong yet, I can't find it. Link. Link. Link. Please.

VashTheSlash said on June 23, 2011 at 2:25 p.m.

I still dont understand why they would make a "super" all we want are dlc characters. Listen to us Capcom

Wolfeyes187 said on June 23, 2011 at 2:26 p.m.

Cry more at Capcom unity. They wont hear you here

powderedtoastman said on June 23, 2011 at 2:52 p.m.

@#93
the whole "super" thing would basically be dlc all packaged into one cheaper price than having everything as separate priced. Just look at how the costume packs for sf works out, much more expensive when each one brought at different times. Jill and shuma were about 5$ a piece while AE dlc had added things 4 characters and balance changes for 15$.

with that in mind wouldnt you rather have them add like 4-6 characters, stages, maybe all the shadowbattles into one neat package for about 15 then picking and choosing each thing and end up spending like 30~ dollars on things.

InitialR said on June 23, 2011 at 3:02 p.m.

The_Killah29 said on June 23, 2011 at 3:19 p.m.

"Svensson: I'm torn on how to respond to this."

It seems that it's true. -_-' No X. .EXE is the better choice. He (or Starforce) fits in with the current looks theme going on.

As for them 'caring' about the game, that's a two-faced, BS lie if I have ever heard one. And the Tsunami/Earthquake excuse is utter BS too. If it has messed up Capcom's plans with this game, it would have messed up their plans for ALL their games they are making, including SF4: AE, SFxT and all thair games announced at E3. Capcom just dropped this game to continue to whore out their Street Fighter. -_-#

InitialR said on June 23, 2011 at 3:52 p.m.

KC2daB said on June 23, 2011 at 4 p.m.

what about an actual story mode? i mean As much as I'd love DLC char. and new Costumes and stages, I'd really love an actual story mode instead of just the arcade we got. I mean the videos they released looked so hardcore and promising for a fantastic story, but it never happened.

Death_Reveals said on June 23, 2011 at 4:30 p.m.

We just need Doc Ock...

I know he'll just be a recolour of Omega Red but goddamn, Spidey villains are so classic and need some love.

And on the Capcom side...Nelo Angelo would be sick. Or maybe someone who isnt a "main" character...like an iconic enemy? Id love to see a playable Shadow from DMC, in MVC3. Or a marionette, for laughs.

And everyone that wants Strider...jesus christ go and play MVC2.

Sektah84 said on June 23, 2011 at 5:08 p.m.

Well I like the game put it's missing a sh*t load of characters that made the 1st 2 games memorable. Cyclops,cable,psylocke,gambit,silver samuri,captain comando,ken,Jin,strider I know it's asking for a lot but if Capcom can bring back at least 10 more characters little by little it wouldn't hurt plus it'll be played more.

Boba said on June 23, 2011 at 6:01 p.m.

Hoping for Gambit and Strider for super mvc3.

Load more comments