Justin Wong: I've barely played AE at all, game isn't much fun

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • July 18, 2011 at 8:45 p.m. PDT
Justin Wong: I've barely played AE at all, game isn't much fun Blake "Slackaholicus" Cory of Evil Geniuses conducted an interview with Justin Wong that talks a lot about the community and the games Justin is well known for playing. The piece is reasonably long and covers interesting subjects.

Here's a clip to get you going.

Slack: Your performance in SSFIVAE was not as outstanding. You were taken out off-stream and didn’t even make top 8. In fact, your performance in Arcade Edition has been below-average for what we would expect to see from you. Mike Ross also took his first tourney victory over you at CEO2011. What has been the cause of this? Is it the lack of experience with the matchups of your new character Yun, or is there something else? What steps are you taking to improve for Evo?

Justin: To be honest, I have barely played AE at all. I just started playing AE more and more with Floe and it’s really not that fun. I always want to play Marvel but I know I need to practice AE. I think I will do a lot better by EVO because I have been practicing with Yun. At CEO, I strictly wanted to try to win with Yang and get as much experience as I can. That is why I didn’t switch to Rufus/Adon against Mike Ross. The match-up is 3 year Mike Ross Honda vs 1 week Justin Wong Yang. Not to take any credit from Mike, he is an amazing player but the match was simply not in my favor at the time.

Tip from Antonio "CoolGrayAJ" Javier.

Comments

Shiranui said on July 18, 2011 at 8:49 p.m.

Mike Ross is godlike. That is all.

BADerRules said on July 18, 2011 at 8:52 p.m.

RRReviews said on July 18, 2011 at 8:52 p.m.

Rofl Jwong, talking his way out of another loss. Maybe he should've stayed with a character he knew, like Mike did, instead of tier whoring >->

DarkSamus said on July 18, 2011 at 8:52 p.m.

Gotta play to be good at it.

And if he isn't having fun then why play?

Isn't that the one reason we desire to play games? To have fun?

mavfan619 said on July 18, 2011 at 8:53 p.m.

"Not to take any credit from Mike" yet he does and he had played some Yang in the actual arcades console AE wasn't the first we've seen of his Yang. Justin is a great player but let's be honest since Super he hasn't been as dominant. Still a great player and "any given Sunday" he can beat anyone.

SaintAvi said on July 18, 2011 at 8:54 p.m.

@#4 $10,000 checks are a good reason to

BeUnbound said on July 18, 2011 at 8:59 p.m.

It's always discouraging when top players you aspire to fight and beat one day dislike the game you want to do it in. You put all this work and passion and they are like "forget this game". It's almost kinda of funny.

I still enjoy AE a lot and I hope the scene is alive for longer. But anyways good luck to Justin at Evo. Hope he takes Marvel.

Vawned said on July 18, 2011 at 9:02 p.m.

How bull**t. Got to agree with first and third comment.

Crying for 1 week Yang? Go to go back with any 3 years tierwhore you used to play then.

Mike "People's Champion" Ross! So underrated.

BucketheadZ06 said on July 18, 2011 at 9:03 p.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

SteadiestShark said on July 18, 2011 at 9:04 p.m.

@ 6

Yeah, but anybody that's a nobody stands no chance at that kinda cash.

H3r01990 said on July 18, 2011 at 9:05 p.m.

He should just stick to MK9 and Marvel.
Just saying. I mean if he doesnt like AE then he doesnt like AE lol. He has those 2 games to play and actually have fun.

Nyoro said on July 18, 2011 at 9:07 p.m.

No personal insults, please.

gam3fr33k said on July 18, 2011 at 9:12 p.m.

AE really isn't that fun. Mike is the best though

zxzxz said on July 18, 2011 at 9:17 p.m.

he doesn't seem to practice anything anymore. just does his nexon job and then plays pokemon of whatever. and it shows in his play.

mfinnegan73 said on July 18, 2011 at 9:18 p.m.

I really respect Justin in all but his team last weak was called Mike Ross is a fraud, so he does try to expose him at all times. Justin has not really cared about SF4 since 2011

HabinoBR said on July 18, 2011 at 9:18 p.m.

Mike "Yun Killa" Ross takes it again

JasonLee said on July 18, 2011 at 9:19 p.m.

RagingDemon said on July 18, 2011 at 9:21 p.m.

Just read through the interview, apparently him and Ricky are gonna switch from Rufus to Yun now... Sheesh, how lame can that be? If almost every players are gonna use Yun I'm not even gonna bother watching this year's EVO.

spotlesseden said on July 18, 2011 at 9:23 p.m.

AE is not going anywhere.the scene is not going anyway. There are just as many players hate mvc3 as AE.

Swag said on July 18, 2011 at 9:24 p.m.

WE GOT POONGKO

zarakisan said on July 18, 2011 at 9:26 p.m.

obviously the game aint gonna b fun if u pick the twins. jeez

SeQuarnD said on July 18, 2011 at 9:29 p.m.

Poongko and The CC TEAM for the win.
i don't like Gamerbee though.

GamePirate420 said on July 18, 2011 at 9:32 p.m.

AE = ZZZZZzzzzz...

Morvidus said on July 18, 2011 at 9:33 p.m.

Oh look, another sob story from JWong. Hopefully there will be even less of his stories being posted here.

shaosam said on July 18, 2011 at 9:37 p.m.

"durr hurr anybody using Yun is lame durrrr"

In case you didn't realize this yet, Ricky and Justin are playing to WIN. They are sponsored and representing a team, a brand. I think it was Daigo who said in an interview "It is unacceptable for a sponsored player to lose to an unsponsored player." You really think they are going to pick oddball low tier characters and use crazy tactics just because some random haters on the internet talk trash about them being "boring"? A win is a win. I don't see anybody ragging on Daigo for maining Yun instead of Ryu. You're like those idiots that want to see StarCraft matches where one guy does something ridiculous like use mass Ghosts and launches 40 nukes. "LOL NUKES SO EPIC xD"

RagingDemon said on July 18, 2011 at 9:43 p.m.

Likewise, I have my own opinion and you have your own, I don't want to see players use yun over and over and over. Is it necessary to be a prick about what I feel about this?

Grow up.

SteadiestShark said on July 18, 2011 at 9:44 p.m.

@#25

Oh, you better believe people called Daigo out for that. lol

TehTy said on July 18, 2011 at 9:52 p.m.

As much as I respect his play, Justin wong is kind of a huge dick. I don;t so much care that everyone picks yun and yang though, as long as there's still those guys, Mike Ross, Alex Valle, Infiltration, PoongKo, that still play their characters and put up a nice show. I would say something about Diago, but he hopped on the Yun train really before anyone else. He's almost the hipster of the yun AE world. But J Wong is kinda riding the tiers here, even though he's still got a sponsorship to worry about, as with Ricky, but even they should know that if you just use what everyone else uses, the game will get dull. Or it could just all be JWong making too much of a big deal about everything.

Novacane said on July 18, 2011 at 9:55 p.m.

IV Fighting system can be boring PERIOD!

I mean its fun when u start to learn alot other characters and get good with them but...Players like Justin are tournament players so its best to stick and learn with few characters, especially when tournaments keep coming around, there is hardly time for u to learn a new and difficult character to master.

I think thats why he thinks its boring because the overall system in IV is kinda boring and IV has come along way too, so there is some who can get tired of the games engine by now...I myself am getting tired of the game, and its not because of AE, (i actually prefer Rush down characters which AE handled well) Its because i have been using the same characters that i mastered forever, but now that im choosing to actualy master alot of other characters in the game,the game feels like a breath of fresh air.

If Capcom ever decide to make a new SF in continuation of the SFIII engine id play that over IV right about now TBH.

f1ip said on July 18, 2011 at 10:04 p.m.

i agree....been playing sf4 for 3 years now, boring and lame now

RagingDemon said on July 18, 2011 at 10:06 p.m.

I honestly don't mind if at least a few players like Daigo or Hsien play Yun, but when more and more people jump on the bandwagon it's not very fun to watch.

I also kinda feel that if players can actually beat high end Yun players (ie wolfkrone beating hsien or poongko beating momochi), it'd be even more rewarding than winning as the character himself.

hadokendj said on July 18, 2011 at 10:07 p.m.

SSF4:AE>MvC3
When you play too much mvc3 you suck at other games

tktktk43 said on July 18, 2011 at 10:10 p.m.

before some of u start criticizing Justin try this: play marvel for a few days and then play AE. At first I thought mvc3 was boring but after playing tht for a while and going back to AE, I realized tht mvc3 is actually more fun. And after playing mvc3 for a while you gradually start to lose the mindset for AE and the flow n pace of the game.

genesiskhan said on July 18, 2011 at 10:14 p.m.

me being a adon player i hate the fact that he bagged on him sooo hard and he actually uses him as an alt

ButterKnife said on July 18, 2011 at 10:15 p.m.

I agree with him that AE is boring.

It's not even that I'm complaining about the twins being OP (They're one of my easier matchups from what I've seen), but I'm just so disappointed in it after waiting so long for it to come out. The characters added are just so repetitive. Two dive kickers and two shotos (instead of say a shoto, a dive kicker, a grappler, and a poking character or something). They could have gone with a little more variety...

It really didn't refresh my interest in a 1 year old game the way I hoped it would.

Batsu said on July 18, 2011 at 10:18 p.m.

Dude can't make any excuses. He got bodied by Ross, while fighting top tier. He needs to suck it up.

Grimmjow316 said on July 18, 2011 at 10:20 p.m.

interesting he calls it week old when he was doing Yang's bnb fadc into U1 and did good in the tourney until he faced Marn. You could argue it's arcade but not much of a difference.

Kaizy said on July 18, 2011 at 10:20 p.m.

@#34
Yeah lol, saying "he's ass" after a quick runthrough with him in a pre-release build is "bagging(whatever that is?) on him sooo hard."

EH and SRK posters take things too seriously!

spotlesseden said on July 18, 2011 at 10:24 p.m.

i don't think J wong is really going to "Main" Yun like he did with Rufus. He probably just want to learn him and use him for couterpick. Momochi is not really use yun that much in tournaments too. Go watch Shadowloo Showdown, Momochi use alot of characters. He used Ken in the semi final.

Kindevu is like the king of counterpick. he knows to play almost every character.

LordJim said on July 18, 2011 at 10:37 p.m.

On one hand, he says 'Ae is not fun for him'.
On the other, he says 'Yun and Yang are not really a problem'.
Haters of the game who parrot opinions must feel so conflicted

bananainsaneface said on July 18, 2011 at 10:39 p.m.

1 week Yang he says lol. Justin's been playing Yang since AE came out in the LA arcades which was at least 6 months ago.

Wolfeyes187 said on July 18, 2011 at 10:45 p.m.

You can call him a tier whore if you want, but I wont call him that until he picks phoenix.

Skone said on July 18, 2011 at 10:47 p.m.

Hmm...Im liking Tokido more and more all of a sudden.

Lets all hope he's the new King of Marvel this EVO.

LordJim said on July 18, 2011 at 11:04 p.m.

@#35
When you think the twins play the same or as any of the other characters with a divekick in the game (Rufus, Cammy, Akuma, Juri etc) or Oni follows same gameplan as a shoto, we have an issue.
But yeah, it is indeed not as big an Update as Super was to Vanilla (10 characters and extra Ultra). Hence it being 15 bucks as DLC.
It was more to unite Arcade/Console plus some content.

MrPavy said on July 18, 2011 at 11:09 p.m.

he gets beat while tierwhoring than makes an excuse for his lose lol.To bad Mike didnt win :(

TonyCorleone said on July 18, 2011 at 11:09 p.m.

What is it with Justin Wong? I'm sure he was singing AE's praises prior to its release, yet he hasn't been able to win anything lately. Personally, I don't think that's anything to do with AE.

shin_ono said on July 18, 2011 at 11:10 p.m.

i cant wait to see this fat retarded idiot get owned in AE, MvC3 & Mk9

Kaizy said on July 18, 2011 at 11:13 p.m.

@41 Except that AE hasn't been taken seriously since it was released on consoles, and he said that he has hardly played it himself anyways, why does it matter how long it's been out on for arcades?
@43 You should ashamed of yourself if you are from the US.

@47 Geez why so much hate?

BlankaBeast said on July 18, 2011 at 11:16 p.m.

Not that fun hmmm wonder why its not that fun, losing isnt fun? I am unsure of that really. I say its fun. Maybe he isnt playing on PC!! lol :P FTW

mad4ra said on July 18, 2011 at 11:27 p.m.

@43 Yeah Tokido is my favourite player too, since i main Akuma and Momochi dropped him he's my guide to new tricks^^
And in my opinion Tokido is on of the few players to takes the most pleasure out of every game (like gamerbee), it just seems hes having fun regardless what hes doing. I hope hes doing well in AE and Marvel, and i suppose he will win BB anyway :D

Back to Justin, well i think most of you just think its an excuse because hes losing tourneys, but i believe him...seriously you cant do anything good and practice much if you dont enjoy it - that is a factor in rl sports (work) as well as gaming...

PropLeXed said on July 18, 2011 at 11:31 p.m.

He tier whored to Yun and still can't perform, so suddenly he's barely played AE? LOL yeah okay.

TornadoClaw said on July 18, 2011 at 11:47 p.m.

What a way to blow your community image by that statement, Wong's been playing AE since it was out on Arcade.

SpicyBurrito said on July 18, 2011 at 11:47 p.m.

Justin always with the excuses. Now he can't say people dislike him because he wins.

Kaizy said on July 18, 2011 at 11:48 p.m.

You act like you know the guy and monitor his everyday activities. Because you saw him play in an AE tournament once back when it was released that means he regularly plays it?

AlgeKevin said on July 18, 2011 at 11:52 p.m.

I love watching Mike Ross blow him up all the time.

Anyway, I am personally loving AE, but I play Guy/Sakura and actually chose the characters I have fun with, rather than the ones who will net me the easiest wins. Maybe he should stick with Rufus, because he seemed to actually enjoy that.

Xosen said on July 18, 2011 at 11:56 p.m.

People choosing Yun/Yang is not a player problem but a CAPCOM problem. If every character was a viable option, we would see greater variety of characters in tournaments.

Ketchup17 said on July 19, 2011 at 12:03 a.m.

I'm with you Justin... AE is boring

LordJim said on July 19, 2011 at 12:04 a.m.

@#56
Like Seth, Honda, Viper, Dhalsim, Rufus, Adon, Makoto, Vega, Akuma, Bison, Sagat,T.Hawk? Cause I have seen them in Top 8s in AE quite a bit, Japan and USA

SSF4_YunEdition said on July 19, 2011 at 12:09 a.m.

every char is viable, oops, we are talking about SF4 series, where 5 chars are powerful and the others have to decide where to stay.

Justin is a pro players, he better than anyone knows what is better to him. Rufus was already figured out before, but that didn´t stopped Ortiz and justin at the time.

Yun Edition for EVO please...

Quezacoatl said on July 19, 2011 at 12:09 a.m.

I bet JWong played more than 1 week Yang. He was in Japan, he ranked second during a Final Round tourney, etc.

Not to discredit the guy, he's the most important player in USA and one of the only reasons Japan think the US is not free, but this sounds like an excuse. Mike Ross also only had a week to learn the twins matchup to be fair. But well, let's see at EVO :D

ZaFuuru said on July 19, 2011 at 12:13 a.m.

AE is not much fun because is totally unbalanced, but if you use Yun it's a different thing

voa said on July 19, 2011 at 12:17 a.m.

you guys are being way too harsh on the guy. I'm not a ****rider or anything, but i see him from an average joe gamer's perspective.

you guys can argue whether he actually has 6 months or 1 week of yang training or not, but reality is it doesn't matter. Neither amount of time is really "competable" against a 3 year honda veteran.

I also understand why he didn't switch over characters. He's probably trying to perserve the fun of sf4 by trying something new instead of choosing his go-to's. like seriously, why even pay for new iterations of sf if you don't get ur money's worth and play new characters. Remember, this is the guy who did the same thing with rufus when vanilla came out. He saw that everyone was choosing the obvious top tier ryu, and he wanted to entertain the crowd by choosing new blood. Same can be said about mvc3. When he was still going to wnf's. Every week he made it a prerogative to come in with a new team.

Deadds said on July 19, 2011 at 12:18 a.m.

HA Jwong publicly whining.

The more he cries the funnier it gets when he gets beat.

By Kaizy:

"@43 You should ashamed of yourself if you are from the US."

Tokido already is the new Mvc3 King. deal with it.

Grimmjow316 said on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 a.m.

the irony that 4 out of the 5 characters that can battle the twins (mainly Yun) received some type of foolish nerf

DK_DOOM said on July 19, 2011 at 1:04 a.m.

I see people are letting the Wong hate flow.

Big deal if he doesn't like the game or find it fun. He wouldn't be the only one on the competitive scene that feels this way.

InitialR said on July 19, 2011 at 1:10 a.m.

Gorehound said on July 19, 2011 at 1:20 a.m.

SF4 was never fun and he barely realized it!

Sasuga said on July 19, 2011 at 1:59 a.m.

I guess this proves Yun isn't OP and that he requires a skill level JW can't acquire within a week.

Other than that, he shouldn't whine for facing a 3 year exp mike ross honda. He could've stuck with the characters he has experience with.

YoshinatorZ said on July 19, 2011 at 2:03 a.m.

Game is overly complicated at times. You have like 1 frame to input your move and you have to hit the button at a certain time just so you can punch twice. It can be fun, but it takes ALOT of practice... I just find Marvel so much more easier and more exciting.

gensnroses said on July 19, 2011 at 2:40 a.m.

Thou mad?

Supersf4 said on July 19, 2011 at 3:05 a.m.

SSF4 AE and Marvel vs Capcom 3 are both fun games.

yes4me said on July 19, 2011 at 3:15 a.m.

I think he likes more MvC3 and MK9. MvC3 however is like playing poker so far with characters like phoenix and X-factor. Not a good way to make money... but at this point I expect Justin prime to be gone =(

Sasuga said on July 19, 2011 at 3:42 a.m.

#68 Yang* i meant :)

caruga said on July 19, 2011 at 3:43 a.m.

Didn't Jwong say a few weeks ago that he "loves AE, it's so cheap" (or perhaps he said broken)? Or am I mistaking him for someone else?

Rocwing said on July 19, 2011 at 3:45 a.m.

I think he's just burnt out. Nothing complicated, just burnt out.

Quezacoatl said on July 19, 2011 at 3:57 a.m.

You really think Jwong went easy on Tokido by not choosing his main team? On a major with lots of money and pride on the line? No, he wanted a stronger team against his Phoenix and Wolvie (Tron assist, Ama slowdown).

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on July 19, 2011 at 3:58 a.m.

I understand where Justin is coming from. It's hard to be good at something you don't like or lost a passion for. I've AE 4 times in total since it was released and haven't had a reason to go back to it lol.

xShonuffx said on July 19, 2011 at 4:07 a.m.

I agree AE is kind of boring. MvC3 is more fun because of the freedom of creativity, considering they are not making any more improvments, I think Justin is saying "Whats the point?" MvC3 is gonna see some more content as hinted by capcom at Comic-Con.

Also you have other games like SFxT which will be the new decade's CvS2 I believe. SFIV was good when it came out but now it's showing it's age.

Also don't forget SFIII for consoles with GGPO netcode.

JanTheMan said on July 19, 2011 at 4:09 a.m.

Yang isn't as good as Yun anyway, but I liked him over Yun since 3rd Strike.

TooItchy said on July 19, 2011 at 4:49 a.m.

What people don't seem to be noticing, is that this interview was done by EG, for their website.... They straight up asked him why he wasn't performing well in AE, of course he had to make up some BS about him only playing the character for a week, and getting beat by a 3 year char. What else is he going to say to the people whose contract he signed, and is supposed to be winning?

And Justin Wong has always been a marvel player first, why is it some kind of surprise now that marvel 3 is out, that he is focusing all his time on it?

JEABOI said on July 19, 2011 at 5:04 a.m.

EVERYONE READ THIS! =D

First of all AE has been out for more than a week in the Arcades and I know Justin has been at the arcades for sure.

Second of all he mentions how he didn't use Rufus against Mike Ross and that it wasn't in his favour since Mike Ross had 3 years experience with Honda and he only had a week with Yang. What about 3 year Rufus vs 1 week Evil Ryu and Mr Naps? Same situation but long hair don't care was able to pull through with Evil Ryu.

As much as I think Justin is a great player and one of the best in the world, seriously cut the crap and accept a loss. You're only human so losing once in a while isn't that big of an issue.

RA_MO said on July 19, 2011 at 5:07 a.m.

Times go on and things change... New faces have come and the old will fade in time. Maybe he is just no longer top SFIV material anymore. Or perhaps the boredom is true. Regardless of what, as he grows older, the competition will grow, the players will be younger, and sharper than he.. All the greats will endure this.. Even we here will endure it. In a way he is kind of like Ken now. He has all this other responsibility in his life now that at least in street fighter, the passion for the fight has died down some, and Daigo is well, the Ryu.. Constantly sticking to his guns despite everything else. Bleh I am beginning to ramble. Good to you Justin in whatever you decide to do/play.

genesiskhan said on July 19, 2011 at 5:15 a.m.

@38 ur so lame

SsjBizzle said on July 19, 2011 at 5:18 a.m.

Mike Ross is an amazzzinngg player, but you guys are riding a bit TO hard lol. Hes an awesome dude + great player, but this was the FIRST time in idk howmany years Mike beat Justin, and we're talking about J.wong here, who was top 3 in pretty much every tournament before. What I mean is, I believe him when he says he isn't that strong with Yang yet, and he prob. would have taken the match with Rufus or w/e.

It sucks the interviewer didn't ask him WHY he did not like SSF4 AE IF he thinks Yun/Yang aren't really a problem, im curious if he just thinks the game is boring now or what.

SsjBizzle said on July 19, 2011 at 5:21 a.m.

#80: Yea I wondered that too lol, I noticed it was EG and I did find it funny they asked such blunt direct questions about his failure, but I doubt they were even thinking about removing him from sponsorship or w/e since the others signed to E.G haven't been doing amazing either lately.

And true, the 1 week argument I guess was a bit stupid as someone mentioned ''what about the Evil Ryu fight'', but still if he went back to his old chars he prob. woulda done better.

mcfizzle said on July 19, 2011 at 5:21 a.m.

What is all this AE is boring nonsense? Its the same game as Super. Jeez they tweaked a few properties on old characters and added a few new ones and you people act like its Tekken all of a sudden. Mechanics, input and engine are all the same. Its just like when everyone was claiming that AE is more offensive. You guys are so dramatic.

Let Justin and Ricky pick up Yun. Its the same constant pressure safe string style that Rufus has anyway. All we've learned since AE came out is Yun is not automatic. They can use the 3 year head start excuse all they want but while they are learning others are learning anti-Yun strats too.

phillytan90 said on July 19, 2011 at 5:44 a.m.

Just accept the lost... Justin will never beat any of the japanese players in the sf4 series....The japanese will eventually take over marvel too. Once the japanese have had enough time to learn matchups, they will eventually take over that game as well leaving the Americans to be even more salty, and make up more excuses.

Sektah84 said on July 19, 2011 at 5:51 a.m.

Guess we know he will loose evo again in sfiv.

PokPok said on July 19, 2011 at 6:01 a.m.

Seriously Justin? even if you have a week old yang or yun Mike uses a character that has been nerfed badly.
just admit it Justin you're washed up. Even Mago who lost to Mike didn't cry like you he just wants a rematch that's it we don't even know what happened crap

L45R said on July 19, 2011 at 6:13 a.m.

Its kinda sad he's that bad at AE now...I don't understand why the game is not fun for him anymore...it's certainly more fun for me because it's less defensive... watching rush down is "fun". I don't care if you're good at MK and MvC...THIS is the game you should be concentrating on!!...America is as free as ever now that we have no one to even have a slight chance against Daigo. Justin used to be our hope...but now =(

RaptorJesusDesu said on July 19, 2011 at 6:43 a.m.

I know what you mean #90. It's the age of rushdown characters now and you'd think Justin would be enjoying that. But I think he has more fun in Marvel because he owns the game. He can go to WNF, hit random and win the whole thing for free. I'm sure he feels like a God, and also has a lot of pressure to uphold that, whereas in SSF4:AE he actually has a ton of pressure on him to just not look like a has-been. And it's already too late because he keeps letting himself get bodied early. Stopped sticking to mains and started doing random counter pick gambles and losing bad to all kinds of names. Going to Yun/Yang just because he thinks they're OP and getting bodied by vets once he hits Top 16 etc. It is kind of like he stopped trying but I don't see why he would when he built so much fame in SF.

Rekkaken2468 said on July 19, 2011 at 6:48 a.m.

judging by the competition at evo, i'm pretty sure j.wong isn't gona get too much out of AE. i'm sure he'll do much better at marvel.

as for the whole tier whore thing, ofcourse people are gona do it when theres a lot of money & sh!t on the line, hec even daigo's a tier whore. he uses the best/close to best characters in pretty much every game he plays & like combofiend said, with daigo being the best player & at the same time using the best character, theres no really no reason for others to pick a less powerful character, especially with all dat money on the line.

Burn said on July 19, 2011 at 7:03 a.m.

LOL everyone just had to have the twins in this game and now look. If a top player picks one of them they are "teirwhoring." The SFIV community is retarded.

JET said on July 19, 2011 at 7:17 a.m.

I still find the game fun. It's the tourney scene that I find boring at times. No fun when all you see are the twins. It's players like Poonko, KOG, Mike Ross, Vangief etc that keep me following the scene.

NerfGuile said on July 19, 2011 at 7:50 a.m.

Justin always cries when he loses. He can't take losing and that is what drives him to be so good.

Remember when he couldn't beat Floe's Sent? He started bashing MVC3 talking about how much it sucked, and how he was going back to MvC2.

Yun and Yang are much harder to use than Rufus; I guess he is learning that the hard way. Also, Justin was practicing Yang like crazy when AE dropped. He was at the arcade literally all the time because he wasn't working.

Ghier99 said on July 19, 2011 at 8:03 a.m.

Looking forward to the EG Rufus riders getting obliterated while using Yun at Evo. I will be loving every second of it. There wont be any americans in the grand finals this year.

trauma213 said on July 19, 2011 at 8:08 a.m.

@95 in what way are the twins harder to use than rufus? please. elaborate on that wonderful point.

Cammystrike said on July 19, 2011 at 8:11 a.m.

@90 Justin can focus on whatever he wants too. If he isn't having fun with the game he shouldn't be forced to play it, let alone held to a certain standard to perform by the community. Why should he have to carry America in street fighter when Marvel has always been his game? He obviously enjoys Marvel more, so who are you to say his priorities are wrong?

And to that moron Deadds, you honestly believe Tokido is the new king of marvel based off of one tournament performance? We'll see if your Japanese overlord is able to pull out the win when it really counts at EVO.

Aluppoj said on July 19, 2011 at 8:17 a.m.

Too bad for EG. They thought they were getting the best USA SF player. What they got was an excuse making chump.

I guess if Michael Jordan got bored with Basket Ball it would have been ok for him to start throwing games? Losing while trying new things? Throwing games to other teams so they could have a better playoff standing?

Face it. J.Wong seems to be blown up. Hopefully he can return to his old ways... But I'm not listening to crappy excuses for his embarrassing loses.

Go back to Rufus if the Twin bandwagon isn't working out. Win, that's what your a$$ gets PAID to do!

NerfGuile said on July 19, 2011 at 8:20 a.m.

With rufus you don't even need to hit confirm. His dive kick is as low as you want; he only has two combos that are necessary. If you drop your combo you will not be punished because you are safe after galactic tornado. He has, arguably, the best EX move in the game. For matchups, you can play most of the cast exactly the same way. But, i am not complaining at all. Just stating that for risk/reward/skill level, Rufus is/was the ultimate easy mode high tier character. You guys forget that justin thought Rufus was #1 in super. Once everyone figured out better ways to deal with rufus, his status started changing [Still in the tops]. The same will happen (hopefully) with Yun and Yang.

It's way to early to call characters too strong, etc... I say this because they aren't populating the top 3 at tournaments. The avg player community never figures out how to combat the stronger characters anyways. They wait for other people then follow along, like little sheep.

Load more comments