How to Hit Box: Lesson seven - tri and super jumps

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • July 18, 2011 at 11:41 p.m. PDT

A new Hit Box instructional video is up on YouTube, this covers triangle and super jumping in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Here's a quick rundown of what to expect.

• Super Jump Motion (Down, Jump)
• Plink Your Super Jumps
• 8 Way Air Dashing
• Super Jump xx Air Dash Down
• Triangle Jumping

Since the Jump button has priority over the Down button, you can press Down to Up at maximum speed. You don't need to let go of Down to super jump, so you can plink Down to Jump.

After the jump, you can also find another video of Mortal Kombat being played on the Hit Box.

Tip from JohnGrimm.

Comments

Oroku_Saki said on July 18, 2011 at 11:49 p.m.

"You don't need to let go of Down to super jump, so you can plink Down to Jump. " That's just awesome. I'd like to piano play MvC 2/3 and Fate~Unlimited Codes.

codallenschmidt said on July 19, 2011 at 12:07 a.m.

and then u can hold left and right to block all high attacks, including crossovers. These shouldnt be tournament viable in marvel yet until they get rid of that.

JohnGrimm said on July 19, 2011 at 12:12 a.m.

@codallenschmidt
It's been removed for months. We've made several videos, including making it a part of our tutorial series, to prove that you can't do it.

As for tourney legality, EVO made a ruling that blocking both directions in Marvel vs Capcom 3 is not cheating.

codallenschmidt said on July 19, 2011 at 12:25 a.m.

looks like i was wrong. Glad u fixed and that and would like to apologize for my comment before. I do actually like the design of the hitbox just didnt want an unfair advantage lol

Aqua said on July 19, 2011 at 12:47 a.m.

lol, on every hitbox video/article there has to be someone coming out of the woodwork to say you know what :))

guess it will never get rid of the stigma.. thank you MVC3

Gnickwoxel said on July 19, 2011 at 2:21 a.m.

I don't blame the hitbox anyway for that as it's just lazy programming on Capcom's part. It's kind of a downer as I'm tempted to make one of these myself and I know if I don't have the official version there will be a stigma attached to it.

No disrespect intended for the HitBox crew either, I should clarify. I'm just interested in making one for the experience of doing it. You guys are putting in work and I really like the idea.

Gnickwoxel said on July 19, 2011 at 2:24 a.m.

Ah to add, I just tested with my Dualshock 3 (I'm actually a pad player) and if you use the left analog stick+the directional buttons you can do that blocking in Marvel. Hugely more impractical then on the hitbox, but it's definitely not a strictly hitbox issue.

Mailorder said on July 19, 2011 at 3:13 a.m.

Hello JohnGrimm, I'm a big fan of the HitBox and I've been on the waiting list for what must be a year now. I'm ready to buy it right now and I've sent a few emails (hitboxes at gmail) for my status on the waiting list and I haven't gotten a reply yet. I understand you guys must be swamped, but please let me know if there's anything I can do get my money to you faster, haha!

diddysinatra said on July 19, 2011 at 10:27 a.m.

I didn't even THINK about how great this would be for MK.

GDLK.

hadokendj said on July 19, 2011 at 12:08 p.m.

OMG that MK9 clip was GDLK!!!!!!!!!!!! and BEASTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnGrimm said on July 19, 2011 at 1:14 p.m.

@Mailorder
I know it's been a long time, but we haven't even been in business for a year! As much as I hate to say it, we'll get to you when we get to you, you're just going to have to wait.