Pakistani player wins 207 straight Xbox Live Super Street Fighter 4 games

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 31, 2011 at 11:09 p.m. PST
Pakistani player wins 207 straight Xbox Live Super Street Fighter 4 games Saganomics wrote in about a Pakistani player who goes by the name of MicroNukeX, that won 207 consecutive Super Street Fighter 4 matches on Xbox Live. This impressive feat was followed up by a message from MicroNukeX explaining how everything went down.

To see more, along with videos of the streak, hit the jump.

First of all I was not really prepared to get those wins in a row. Actually, I was playing online after many days and I was really waiting to get spare time from my business to play SSF4 again. So when I got free time I just turned on my Xbox 360, went live and created open endless room for 5 slots. There were 4 spare slots to join. I started playing, usually I use to get around 40-60 wins in row if I am lucky. But as I carried on to 95 I thought why not 100 so as I passed 100 mark, now here's [where] the drama started. Every one who played me and left the room after few games referred their friends to play me as I had fair 100 + wins so competition started and every one who was playing me, got desperate to break the streak and things got more strict for me.

Yes I played 20-30 guys who really sucked, but I also beaten guys with around, 5,000 bp, 7,000bp, 12,000bp, 18,000bp also ferdi guller who has 30,000bp and around 7700pp. Beat [him] 3 matches and he left.

It was around 4:45 a.m. when I had like 180 + wins so I became desperate to cross 200 mark and shut down my Xbox 360. There were guys in my room who were really good and I think I was lucky enough that I didn't lose to them. At 205 wins my father called me to get back home as I was at my shop all night, telling my family that I was busy clearing stock issues.

I was tired. And played little easy that cost me the 208th match.

Look Guys I dont know how I got it but I think, ...... really ...... I was lucky. Cause even beating "CHICKENS" and noobs 200 + consective wins in a row isnt a joke.

But that was fun. I was excited and I didn't share it with my wife and family, telling them, that I was at shop playing 8 long hours on Xbox Live SSF4, setting 200+ wins *laughs*.

I cannot prove it in detail who I beat and who not, but sorry couldn't leave the session to save my SSF4 gaming's amazing matches, if I left the session it would have destroyed the streak.

Here are some videos from near the end, and the actual end, of the winning streak.

Sources: PakGamers Forums and DownTownFighters' YouTube Channel.

Comments

NobleEskimo said on January 31, 2011 at 11:14 p.m.

I just won 13 tonight and though I was king of the world :(

ChunLi said on January 31, 2011 at 11:15 p.m.

Daaaaaaaamn, great job man!

yes4me said on January 31, 2011 at 11:15 p.m.

WOW... he is SF4 god. Someone give him money and send him to EVO 2011

Stefanten said on January 31, 2011 at 11:17 p.m.

This guy LAGS so much, it's not even funny. Both times I've played him it was like playing under water.

CBX said on January 31, 2011 at 11:17 p.m.

because he was playing online all 208 matches should be saved on his hdd which he can access through the replay channel my vids section

DinosaurCop said on January 31, 2011 at 11:18 p.m.

Well I'm pretty sure I've LOST 207 games in a row. Where's MY story?

All kidding aside, congratulations

Struggs said on January 31, 2011 at 11:19 p.m.

Battle log only saves like the last 30 or 60 matches or something, couldn't go back that far.

Realpolitix said on January 31, 2011 at 11:19 p.m.

MicroNukeX for EVO 2k11 SSFIV Winner.

C2Q said on January 31, 2011 at 11:21 p.m.

wow the amount of mashing is ridiculous

NobleEskimo said on January 31, 2011 at 11:21 p.m.

@Stefanten

Well, he IS in Pakistan...

C2Q said on January 31, 2011 at 11:23 p.m.

i didnt think they had ssf4 in Pakistan, or anyone that plays it :O

This is a first.

Stefanten said on January 31, 2011 at 11:25 p.m.

Then he should change his region setting or whatever, because it says he's from the UK. Very misleading.

Superjocke92 said on January 31, 2011 at 11:27 p.m.

If it lags so much it can't count. He has a clear advantage then.

AcidGlow said on January 31, 2011 at 11:27 p.m.

jab jab jab jab

SForce said on January 31, 2011 at 11:27 p.m.

I used to be able to win against him when i was using gen! now that i stopped gen i can barely take a game!

JrockEclipse said on January 31, 2011 at 11:32 p.m.

yawn

RawVoltage said on January 31, 2011 at 11:32 p.m.

He wouldn't have gone past 5 had I been there, hehehe jk. Good stuff:}

Oroku_Saki said on January 31, 2011 at 11:34 p.m.

It lags somewhat when I play against my Asian and African friends. If I play anyone from Nigeria or South Africa, it lags like hell, but it's still manageable to me.

dondb said on January 31, 2011 at 11:35 p.m.

I'm glad he set the record with Ryu! Congrats!

cvs said on January 31, 2011 at 11:35 p.m.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

RandomJohn said on January 31, 2011 at 11:39 p.m.

I rather found it disturbing he could play eight hours straight.

Anyway moving on...

Stefanten said on January 31, 2011 at 11:39 p.m.

Yeah because Fei Long and Adon are just terrible characters right? lol

Jaf said on January 31, 2011 at 11:39 p.m.

Look, online SSF4 is not the standard you should be using but damn 207 is pretty high so respect

Castigation said on February 1, 2011 at 12:03 a.m.

So lack luster, just another reason not to touch this game online.

Wardog said on February 1, 2011 at 12:26 a.m.

Congrats! but do that with Guy. LOL

amirparvez said on February 1, 2011 at 12:29 a.m.

way to go brother. That is amazing stuff

redfactor said on February 1, 2011 at 12:30 a.m.

This guy has a bad connection, he plays Ryu with lag. Devastating lol
But he set his region to UK when he is from pakistan..

Sorry to hate, but his connection is a lot worse than most, you can ask anyone who's played him.

yes4me said on February 1, 2011 at 12:35 a.m.

Even if he lags, it is still tough to win that many times just on pure luck or mashing. Worst case possible, he is god like lucky =)

spotlesseden said on February 1, 2011 at 12:39 a.m.

i got 70s streak before then gave up. Online streak is not something you should bragging about when those vids shows he didn't beat anyone. lol

maybe 30 games winning streak in Japanese ranking would be more impress.

Jakulagi said on February 1, 2011 at 1 a.m.

the guy just had friends play him over and over again.. with the odd random player..

Dogs4Dinner said on February 1, 2011 at 1:04 a.m.

I've beaten atleast 207 Ryus in in January, but then again who hasn't? HHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!

Wurlang said on February 1, 2011 at 1:10 a.m.

A random Ryu mashing dp's + a crappy connection that makes his opponents jump-free = 207 wins.

I'm probably hating, but this guy would never get so far in a tournament or in any offline session.

Alfrebaut said on February 1, 2011 at 1:12 a.m.

Well, not to belittle this accomplishment, but IIRC, Justin won 300 matches in a row at E3 and 400 or so matches online with no losses. Sure, it was vanilla, and the 300 matches in person were mostly against randoms, and the 400 online weren't exactly in a row, but still. I guess an unknown winning this many matches in a row is still quite impressive, though.

MALDA said on February 1, 2011 at 1:14 a.m.

Grimmjow316 said on February 1, 2011 at 1:21 a.m.

Ha ferdi probably raged for losing to him 3 times

Ryu_Apprentice said on February 1, 2011 at 1:31 a.m.

wow! this guy has more wins in one night than I have in 2 months of playing online time, in vanilla my total online matched were 300+ and my wins were 160+ (like 54% winrate)
this guy i must admit is very good but trust me he will be destroyed in evo or any major tournament cos I learned the hard way that godlike reflexes in very essential and honestly he doesnt. besides he has a weakness of mashing dp during block strings and in a tournament he will be baited and punished big time. Congrats all the way!

@Oroku_Saki wow you play players from nigeria! I'm from nigeria too. although I am no longer maining Ryu anyway. the lag here is super awesome

TazzxX said on February 1, 2011 at 1:57 a.m.

C2Q
Superjocke92
Gattsu
spotlesseden
Wurlang

AND ALL other haters, LISTEN UP: I wanna see just one of you guys in a first to 10 with MicroNukeX, and I would expect each one of ya to win 10-0, no less! Online/offline, it wouldn't matter, you'd probably be screwed if Micro still had any "luck" left.
The guy said he was damn lucky, I agree, but lag is lag, it would be odd that only MicroNukeX knew how to take "advantage" of it for 207 matches in a row.
Stop being jealous and post that 10 mathes before you post anything ever again.

Wardog said on February 1, 2011 at 1:58 a.m.

I know this dude butt got to hurt from all that hour just sitting.

NobleEskimo said on February 1, 2011 at 2 a.m.

For the record, everyone: Lag goes both ways. Other Ryu players he played experienced the exact same connection speed, so that's really not that big of a factor. Though, I suppose he probably has more experience with such tremendous lag...

draw2 said on February 1, 2011 at 2:04 a.m.

HAHA...because he is Pakistani doesn't mean he lives in Pakistan...you noobs.

You guys do know other cultures live in different countries right!?

"What strength!!
But don't forget there are many guys like you all over the world."

Grimmjow316 said on February 1, 2011 at 2:12 a.m.

What the heck are mathes #39 and how do you post them lol Also if he plays only online his timing must be off and full of bad habits that any legit players would body him... Simple fact plus he beat countless inexperienced players that's just making your wins look good it's similar to point boosting without the points now If he did this offline against legit players yes it would hold merit because hes that damn good but as it stands its not a huge thing sorry to burst your bubble kid.

mortal said on February 1, 2011 at 2:28 a.m.

a bit too much of dragon mashing / super into failed links / block string there. A prudent player should begin with one cross up+block + wait & see& punish, then one cross up + 2cancelled light+ wait & see & punish. Anyway those were the last matches so i suppose he was tired.

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on February 1, 2011 at 2:29 a.m.

He has a very nice Ryu. Congrats.

TazzxX said on February 1, 2011 at 2:55 a.m.

#43, U r a prime examble of an ignorant.
#44, Another ignorant
#45, you've watched 3 of the final matches, the guy's been playing +200 mathces straight, so yeah you damn right you suppose he was tired.

#42, +1

SKZ said on February 1, 2011 at 3:22 a.m.

I thought Ferdi Guller was a booster.

Anyway nice job with the 207 wins. But admiration goes more to the number of wins chalked and less for the skill level. I can't imagine a random person winning 207 matches in a row.
Awesome stuff.

Ignore the haters.

and3 said on February 1, 2011 at 3:26 a.m.

I was really hoping that he played some low tier character or at least a character that requires a bit more....effort then a shoto. But no its a Ryu -_-' I just want 2 say 1 thing: FERDI GULER IS A SCRUB winning matches from him doesnt mean anything. As 4 the record: Good job old chap! Even if you played a lot of scrubs it's very impressive becuz of the pressure you're under. :)

Vokkan said on February 1, 2011 at 3:34 a.m.

I really like how chatter about his win streak drew a constant stream of challengers. That's oldschool.

TazzxX said on February 1, 2011 at 3:39 a.m.

#48, let's see any vid of you beating anybody at all

Qurest said on February 1, 2011 at 3:48 a.m.

#19 "or with fei long" i lol'd.

Timber76 said on February 1, 2011 at 4:12 a.m.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT
GO PAKISTANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!

m_eren78 said on February 1, 2011 at 5:11 a.m.

Nice job.

genesiskhan said on February 1, 2011 at 5:22 a.m.

cool win streak but damb ryu

NINJA said on February 1, 2011 at 5:31 a.m.

Ryu = No respect from me.

Also, his Ryu it's not good at all. His most impressive acomplishment was probably how he resisted to all the lag.

Put him doing that on a Arcade Machine... Offline.

delirium said on February 1, 2011 at 5:32 a.m.

LOL online SSF44.

elkalam said on February 1, 2011 at 5:34 a.m.

congratulation man! thumbs up!
my maximum is 30 something...

ps: please bros, encourage good players! don't hate one another...street fighter makes us connect with people from all over the world. thanks to street fighter.

lathebrightman said on February 1, 2011 at 5:43 a.m.

I gotta admit this is pathetic.

SmexyMillz said on February 1, 2011 at 5:44 a.m.

I dont even like to comment on this site.. But yes Ive played this guy and it was laggy as hell..

Wouldnt mind playing him offline but allow putting your flag representing the uk if your not from there..

EdgeMasterr said on February 1, 2011 at 5:51 a.m.

Cool story bro.

Zarfax said on February 1, 2011 at 6 a.m.

He is a decent player, but he lags like **** against the rest of Europe. But congratz anyway mate.

Telvanni said on February 1, 2011 at 6:09 a.m.

You can youtube his name for a few more matches, haven't watched them myself.

And lag hits everyone in the match. If he's lagging like hell, that means you're lagging like hell for him.

AeriALs said on February 1, 2011 at 6:35 a.m.

#48 no offense bud, but you aren't good lol. This coming from a viper player thats beaten on you repeadedly.

TazzxX said on February 1, 2011 at 6:39 a.m.

#67 thx for the facts :)

fawaz said on February 1, 2011 at 6:51 a.m.

Cool, that's my country! Pakistan has great talent. I never knew there was a good SF4 player here.

gaffel123 said on February 1, 2011 at 6:52 a.m.

200 winstreaks against mostly noobs doesnt really mean u are a good player. It means u have a lot of endurance and patient. Beating Ferdi isnt a big deal btw, his skill level is around a 4k-4,5kpp player. But idk if this was to show if ur good so congratz anyways.

DontTaseMeBro said on February 1, 2011 at 7:01 a.m.

I see trolls.

Dpendleton said on February 1, 2011 at 7:20 a.m.

This dude is a casual player at best(nothing wrong with that)and that in and of itself is pretty impressive. He stated himself that he does not get a lot of time to play being that he is a family man. I like how folks say online does not count but if they beat a Wong or any other top player they will brag about it till the cows come home.

I can guarantee you that if he played in an offline tourney that he would do pretty well for himself after he gets his timing right. I am not saying he will win it of even get top eight but I doubt he would go two and out. Good job on getting 207 wins in a row.

and3 said on February 1, 2011 at 7:26 a.m.

Pakistan has great cricket talent yeah. But as far as ssf4 goes, I still havent seen a good pakistani player. This guy was playing Ryu (=no effort) on a super laggy server, becuz he set his country settings 2 the UK. Like many be4 me said: Let him do it offline too and see what happens. You can recommend his endurance and the fact that he knew how 2 do combos with that amount of lag, but dont call him a talent.

KageVincent said on February 1, 2011 at 7:32 a.m.

Ok yyou guys do know that his region depends on his console right? He might just have imported a 360 from the UK.
Anyway I commend him on a job well done

Weaponx said on February 1, 2011 at 7:37 a.m.

Daigo vs MicroNukeX anyone?.....

This guy is pretty badass, but i still Justin Wong or Daigo would tear this dude apart, either way Kudos to MicroNukeX ;)

Benjeezy said on February 1, 2011 at 7:38 a.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

TazzxX said on February 1, 2011 at 7:43 a.m.

#73 (and others), what is this Sh*t that using Ryu is a free win? Sounds to me like you lose all the time to Ryu, and apparently the game is about defeating characters, not players. I'm in shock, aargH!

Coseone said on February 1, 2011 at 8:01 a.m.

Damn people hate too much...is it really that hard to say "Congrats man you did a good job"...We've all had lag, we've all played scrubs, and we all use a character that somebody else thinks is cheap...but unless u got more than 200 wins in a row playing anything...than there really isnt anything you can say.

Catalyst said on February 1, 2011 at 8:16 a.m.

@Benjeezy

Your comment was removed because it quoted what someone else said. You didn't do anything wrong, just that person's offensive remark needed to be removed as I didn't want it on the website any more.

That person has been banned from the website. You don't have any flags or anything against your account. On the contrary, I appreciate you pointing it out.

Arcane said on February 1, 2011 at 8:20 a.m.

@73 KageVincent
Wrong, I have an imported Japanese PS3 living in London and have a US account as well as a UK one. It all depends where you say you're from on your PSN

FERDI said on February 1, 2011 at 8:32 a.m.

hahahaha this is realy funny. he begging me every day to play me. 1 vs 1 whit 1 bar conection. i told him whe can not play so it is not to play able whit lag. 3 time win i left ????0-0.
dont lie please. i will upload my wins 15-0. but this is not the point. the point is begging begging begging and then you talk sh--tt. haha nice man keep going.

SpaniardSRK said on February 1, 2011 at 8:39 a.m.

As soon as I saw the winstreak was online, I knew people couldn't wait to knock this guy down. As soon as I saw it was ryu, I already the flame that awaited this guy.

Tokido said without daigo, ryu would be at the bottom of midtier, that he's just an average character. With all the nerfs he's just an average character, with alot of decent matchups, and alot of bad ones.

You can see in the video he was tired and ready to lose, playing extra risky with those yomi tatsus. Good stuff man, I know I couldn't have gotten that win streak.

FERDI said on February 1, 2011 at 8:41 a.m.

that 3 winns was not in your lobby but my lobby 2 players only. 1 bar connection is not play able, becouse you begging so much i played 3 time. you got lucky if i see that winns i had finish it your journey.

Benjeezy said on February 1, 2011 at 8:46 a.m.

@Catalyst

It's cool, I totally understand. Next time I need to not wake up and post stuff :P

MrPavy said on February 1, 2011 at 8:46 a.m.

lol micronuke what a stereotype

metaf4 said on February 1, 2011 at 9:18 a.m.

Few points just browsing through the vids and comments..

- Did he use the washroom or eat anything BEFORE his 8 hour escapade?

- so basically peeps could've robed the joint and he couldn't or should I say probably WOULDN'T do anything about it.

- Naturally at around 90 wins of beating scrubs, I would start kicking mans from the lobby (I mean, if it was me winning that much, my conscience would kick in and stop their embarrassment.)

- Ok guys, I AM ripping on the dude....but I gotta admit: 207 wins even for a scrub is ridiculous but impressive! I couldn't win that much or should I say I would get gassed and just stop at 100. But this guy went the extra mile, skipped lunch break, skipped washroom break, skipped cashing out customers, skipped 8 hours of his life to prove that an empty bowel can get you a feature on EventHubs! I'll give him that.

- I don't know about the lag, but from what ive experienced with it...for most part, doesn't both players lag? thats why when I see someone lagging or they have yellow or orange reception, I always use charge characters. This way theres not as much lag on the imputs. its simply back forward or down up movements. Thats probably why he eventually lost to a charge character in the first place. I assume half of his other wins was against RYUS, KENS, SAGATS, RUFUS, and so on..

- I hate Ryu

- I hate Balrog

- Im not surprised it took a Balrog to end the streak

- That guy must have felt like a LOOOSER after going home to his WIFE.

- If I was his wife, id be pissed.

There will always be hate on stuff like this. This guy could've won 500 matches and I would STILL rip on him. It would be for a new whole set of reasons and questions! Not to mention a lot more jokes and stuff to hate on him about. The guys good I guess, but admitting that at least 20 of the guys were scrub means that at at least 10 matches each for each scrub...thats 200 matches already!

The math speaks for itself.

Peaace.

Psycho said on February 1, 2011 at 9:24 a.m.

so, want a cookie?

Grimmjow316 said on February 1, 2011 at 9:25 a.m.

@Tazz why do you defend him if anything your ignorant for not seeing the truth this streak is meaningless it didn't win him money or fame (15 minutes) and so far he's misleading all players with the uk flag and so far everyone is saying 1 bar. I say this offline>online characters that need precise timing or players like to use 1 frame links suffer from this so these victories are flawed in that concept you basically have to play braindead.

SSJ3X said on February 1, 2011 at 9:27 a.m.

I think some people got the news article misread. Some of the commentors say that he's from Pakistan, but according to the news article if you read it clearly, he's a Pakistani player. It doesn't specify that he lives in Pakistan. Regardless, if you're from the UK or Pakistan and you live in the US, you're gonna get lag either way.

Props to him though, even if he was playing random people, 207 wins is still pretty good, and he seems to have a clean Ryu.

YoshinatorZ said on February 1, 2011 at 9:49 a.m.

Man dude, as much as I hate Ryu and Balrog, no need to go all out on call him a loser. We're all on a competitive fighting game website, we all like to be on top. Plus whenever I'm not sucking and get 5 wins in a row, I feel a rush, Just like I'm sure this guy did and he couldn't stop playing.

Goukin said on February 1, 2011 at 10:01 a.m.

wow another person that wins with a capcom poster child. this is the trouble with this game. Like i said in another post wins come easy when you have a top tier player.... But what came they do with a low tier player.... i dont even play ryu and i can win with him... number 1 reason mash the EX DRAGON PUNCH/ TIGER UPPERCUT WHATEVER it a get me out of here im getting my ass whooped move and the one that dont have this well they are

dondb said on February 1, 2011 at 10:07 a.m.

People hating on this guy because its just another reminder that they are mediocre players. 207 wins in a row is beast. Good job man.

TheMAMBA said on February 1, 2011 at 10:40 a.m.

this guy mashes jab and crosses up every second. and many times he got hit it was because he was going for a grab. must have tried to grab 10+ times in a match. no skill at all. was he playing against preschoolers? he finally lost to a decent balrog who had all the right punishes. he would be destroyed in Evo.

darkspirit138 said on February 1, 2011 at 11:03 a.m.

Wow. Nicely played.Theoretically he hit people across the world around 4500 times in one sitting.

MrPavy said on February 1, 2011 at 11:13 a.m.

@mamba
this the most average thing you see on xboxlive

Soljah said on February 1, 2011 at 11:32 a.m.

meh, nothing amazing.
Firstly his Ryu is nothing great, even the 11k balrog was total trash.
Secondly its RYU, if it was a character that actually took skill to use, this would be an amazing feat.
I have won 60 in a row picking RANDOM

Jerry said on February 1, 2011 at 11:45 a.m.

What the Hell is wrong with you guys? So what if he used Ryu? You guys think you can get 207 wins with Ryu? You guys don't think out of those 207 wins, he came across an Akuma, or even a GOOD Akuma? It's not like Ryu is the Sentinel of MvC2. God, you guys are retarded.

darkhorse109 said on February 1, 2011 at 11:50 a.m.

I don't see nothing wrong with winning 207 matches online. So what if he used Ryu. All you people who complain about Ryu's online should know how to win against him, seeing that soooo many people use him. So what if there is a lag, those people who played him KNEW that going in.

I say good job and who cares if he was a Pakistani player. Couldve been Ugandan for all I care. He's still part of the fighting community.

The most I ever won online in a row was 5.....

I bet no one else here who have been hating can duplicate what he did.

chainsawface said on February 1, 2011 at 12:38 p.m.

Ef him. Efing ryu/Ken spamming scrubs

chainsawface said on February 1, 2011 at 12:56 p.m.

That's towards the ryu, not him in person. Seriously though, how many times can u run into a ryu or Ken on a win streak. As far as his gameplay, looks like every other ryu and Ken out there

cordova said on February 1, 2011 at 1:33 p.m.

were is DAIGO....

Yscariot said on February 1, 2011 at 2:13 p.m.

If he's playing IN pakistan I can imagine how laggy it was for everyone else in the world.

R4HU1 said on February 1, 2011 at 2:30 p.m.

Daigo converted?

TazzxX said on February 1, 2011 at 2:53 p.m.

#87 you are meaningless

NDC said on February 1, 2011 at 3:03 p.m.

funny ending

Grimmjow316 said on February 1, 2011 at 3:56 p.m.

@Tazz your just a troll and your lack of an argument or trying to discredit the points I made are proof

Load more comments