Insert Coin(s) Las Vegas, NV gamebar promo clip

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 20, 2011 at 12:38 p.m. PST
Alex Valle sent over this promo clip for a new gamebar/club opening up in Las Vegas, Nevada. Just like many things in Vegas, this has its own unique take on the arcade scene.

This will open in Spring 2011.

Comments

RABIDNATSU said on January 20, 2011 at 12:44 p.m.

awsome

JustJoeKim said on January 20, 2011 at 12:53 p.m.

the beginning is from daft punk's "derezzed" video

Herlock said on January 20, 2011 at 1:12 p.m.

oh nice i'll have to check it out.

Pwn_Star said on January 20, 2011 at 1:16 p.m.

Oh sweet jesus yes! Vegas desperately needed an arcade since our top ones suck now. Also it's a f*ckin console arcade! I've been dieing for these to take off! I have a scene again bitches!

Jerry said on January 20, 2011 at 1:36 p.m.

So basically, it's a Gameworks or Dave and Busters.

ChunLi said on January 20, 2011 at 1:52 p.m.

Get the f*** out!

Florida needs something like that, STAT!

xShonuffx said on January 20, 2011 at 2:10 p.m.

If they have fine women like that at the club im there come EVO.

Pwn_Star said on January 20, 2011 at 2:11 p.m.

I think this will sh*t on Gameworks. The place has an OK selection, but it could be better and better maintained. Also consoles make a HUGE difference. I just pray we'll have proper sticks. I HATE how all arcades use bat sticks and concave buttons out here. Lollipops and convex only please!

Natzu_AC said on January 20, 2011 at 3:15 p.m.

@ 7

Hahaha just imagine a bunch of sausage fest when tournament are held down there which I doubt.

lordgootecks said on January 20, 2011 at 3:34 p.m.

anyone reminded of that mega64 ad where they hype up gdc2010 like it's a club? lol

Hakansoilbarrel said on January 20, 2011 at 4:52 p.m.

(Wtf? I guess that's cool...not really sure what's up, though.)

joh_sehf said on January 20, 2011 at 5 p.m.

no way it'll be like that

ArykheartX said on January 20, 2011 at 6:25 p.m.

Yeah the only real Arcade we have here is Gemini Arcade but that is kinda streching it when it comes to the fighting game scene

Jintsuriki said on January 20, 2011 at 6:53 p.m.

Awesomeness. It opens a little before I leave for Korea, so I'll at least have a little time to check it out.

Pwn_Star said on January 20, 2011 at 6:56 p.m.

I talked with them on facebook and they're really catering to competitive. All modern cabinets will be Sanwa/Semeitsu and they're getting top end peripherals for the console (TE sticks!). So I feel this is going to be a great place and not your average arcade with dated games and no staff to fix things. i'll be pushin for an MvC3 scene and maybe a soul calibur scene (i can pray).

Jerry said on January 20, 2011 at 7:36 p.m.

Your guys' Gameworks doesn't have AE? Or at least Vanilla? We got AE around the time it came out.

Emanmetalhead said on January 21, 2011 at 10:23 a.m.

OMFG THIS IS LIKE 5 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE I AM GONNA DESTROY EVERYONE AT THE ARCADES I WAS SO HOPING THEY WOULD BRING ONE TO VEGAS AND FINALLY ITS HERE TIME TO BUILD MY NAME UP :) SAGAT POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cvs said on January 21, 2011 at 12:39 p.m.

@17 lol

6ixx said on January 21, 2011 at 1:47 p.m.

I think I just came on myself. Vegas might have a arcade scene again.

NewOrleansFrog said on January 21, 2011 at 2:23 p.m.

LOL Hot girls and video games. How amusing.