EVO 2011 announced, July 29 - 31 in Las Vegas, NV

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 5, 2011 at 12:05 a.m. PST
EVO 2011 announced, July 29 - 31 in Las Vegas, NV EVO 2011 will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada from July 29 - 31, 2011 at Rio Casino and Resort. This year's event also kicks off a new tournament season. Here's the lowdown.

The Evolution 2011 Tournament Season

This year, we’ve partnered up with 8 major tournaments from all over the United States and Canada to create a full season of Evolution events that will offer tournament seeding at EVO World Finals to the overall highest place finishers. Participating events include West Coast Warzone, GVN Winter Brawl, Final Round XIV, PowerUp 2011, and more! For more information on how the Evolution 2011 Tournament Season will be structured and a full schedule of events, visit the tournament season blog post here.

Tip from ArykheartX.

Comments

monkeydhugo said on January 5, 2011 at 12:09 a.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

seabass40 said on January 5, 2011 at 12:38 a.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

cvs said on January 5, 2011 at 12:41 a.m.

nice

snoooootch said on January 5, 2011 at 1:08 a.m.

If ssf4 is on ps3, I'm there.

SpiceyChicken said on January 5, 2011 at 1:09 a.m.

You know, for once maybe I should get up and go to one of these. I've been watching them for the past two years and wondered what it feels like and have been too shy to attend. I'll make it my resolution to go and spectate on the last day or two.

Mr_Clack said on January 5, 2011 at 1:10 a.m.

Ban #1, #2 and #3
Thank you!
And get that disclaimer off me. I read the site rules.

What games will be there? That's the next Question

shrugu said on January 5, 2011 at 1:12 a.m.

Right where I live! Can't wait!

Arrancar said on January 5, 2011 at 1:32 a.m.

#2 Fail
Evo best time of the year.

seabass40 said on January 5, 2011 at 1:37 a.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

FLOwDOG said on January 5, 2011 at 2:13 a.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

Shiranui said on January 5, 2011 at 2:32 a.m.

I love living in Vegas, EVO is such a blast.

RA_MO said on January 5, 2011 at 3:13 a.m.

Well... It looks like I need to really start training my butt off... I want to go this year... Anybody care to help me out on that?

SpaniardSRK said on January 5, 2011 at 5:07 a.m.

I'm really hoping to make it out to this event, should be fun stuff......Ssfiv finals will probably feel like going to a boxing fight and the main event. I wonder if you can have a few beers in there?

ArykheartX said on January 5, 2011 at 5:29 a.m.

@11 me too i live here and it sucks that there are never any tournaments for SSF4 here EXCEPT EVO so its nice to get the big one here

Also I agree with clack can I get the disclaimer warning removed..... it makes me feel like I did something wrong

also yay Thanks catalyst for using my tip

WiNGSPANTT said on January 5, 2011 at 5:54 a.m.

Can we please have EVO or some similar event on the East Coast some time, please? Atlantic City or New York or Philadelphia?

Rekkaken2468 said on January 5, 2011 at 6:13 a.m.

mvc3 and mk9 will be there i guess. not sure which the main game of the tournament will be though. mvc3 or ssf4?

ThatRandomGamerGuy said on January 5, 2011 at 6:33 a.m.

Damn why so many Troll ads lately?!?!

Any rate!.. this will be my 1st EVO cause I'm tired of just watching and wishing. Only live once.
By the way, I wouldn't call the hotel directly and book a room yet. Do your research cause you can find the same rooms for le$$. The price for EVO rooms ( the hotel is all suites by the way) are sunday - Thursday $69 a night and Friday - Saturday $140 a night.
I got room rates through Priceline,obritz, etc.. for $89 to $110 a night. Do the Math!

shinakka said on January 5, 2011 at 6:58 a.m.

I'll be there. I am going to give it everything I have to body everyone I face, and win that championship with Juri. It will be hard, But I'm going to try my hardest.

And if I lose...well the event will still be super fun :-)

TheMasterPlayer said on January 5, 2011 at 7:40 a.m.

Alas, I'm going to once again end up just watching all of these tourneys via stream. Since I have no way of attending all of these tournaments. I just hope that what I fear will NOT come to pass... that they will start charging a fee for watching major tournament streams. If that happens, then we're doomed... to pay...

Ranshi said on January 5, 2011 at 8:58 a.m.

Aww, I was hoping for it to take place on Cesar's Palace again. The Rio is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

CMAyhem said on January 5, 2011 at 9:50 a.m.

so what games are in this time?
will there be BlazBlue and KoF tournament this time?

shichi said on January 5, 2011 at 9:57 a.m.

I imagine if AE reaches consoles by the end of April then it has a shot at replacing SSF4 at EVO. I'm only saying this because SSF4 came out April 27, 2010, in North America and it made it to EVO 2010.

Bison said on January 5, 2011 at 12:44 p.m.

@Ramo
I am going this year with a strong team. Ill train with you on PSN. I am training in Super and Marvel. Add Rockmanx20.

monkeydhugo said on January 5, 2011 at 12:46 p.m.

whaaaa?? all I put was "woot" as in "woot woot raise the roof!"
jeez maybe if I put FIRST or something rude then I would understand.

ArykheartX said on January 5, 2011 at 1:05 p.m.

I cant wait to use makoto in EVO and i dont have to worry about rooms because i live here in vegas

ThatRandomGamerGuy said on January 5, 2011 at 4:46 p.m.

Ranshi the Rio isn't that far from the strip. plus there are shuttles that run from the Rio to the Strip about every 30min FREE