Why PS3 Super Street Fighter 4 didn't get a 'catalogue' option for new alts

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 4, 2011 at 3:36 a.m. PST
Why PS3 Super Street Fighter 4 didn't get a 'catalogue' option for new alts The Xbox 360 version of Super Street Fighter 4 has a "download catalogue" option which lets users view the latest alternative costumes in the game without purchasing them. A lot of users have wondered why PlayStation 3 gamers didn't get a similar option, and Capcom's Seth Killian recently posted this explanation.

Why didn't the PS3 version of SSF4 get a download catalogue option?

Seth Killian: Took a while to track this one down for you while everyone was on holiday, but here's the gist of it:

The DLC (Downloadable Content) for the newest costumes is additional data that must be put on your machines from the first-party networks (XBL and PSN). When you add new data to an existing product, there are significant costs to do so charged by the first parties.

On XBL, those costs were covered by Microsoft. As a result, the data is distributed to everyone, so even if you have not bought the new costumes, you can still see them if you're fighting against someone that has because you still received the new data required to display them.

For Sony, those significant costs are not covered. As a result, you only get the new costume data when you actually buy the costumes. Those that don't buy the costumes can't see them, because the new costume data isn't present on your machine, and so you only see costumes you already have the data to represent.

The story is a bit more complicated because the costs of adding new data vary by region in some cases, and some additions are free, or free within a certain timeframe, etc., but the bottom line in this particular case is that Sony would [have] charged Capcom significant fees for distributing the new costume data to users that hadn't actually bought the DLC. Microsoft covered those costs, so the costume data is visible to all there. I wish it were the same all around, but hope this info helps.

Story sent in by SaintAvi and Christian, via the Capcom Forums.

Comments

Mr_Clack said on January 4, 2011 at 3:42 a.m.

The answer in a nutshell after reading this was $$$. Sony doesnt cover the costs to do it.

brenttiscool said on January 4, 2011 at 3:43 a.m.

Xbox reigns superior once again.

Kijui said on January 4, 2011 at 3:46 a.m.

*sighs* Just like you can't fight against the same character using a different language, TAKE THAT SONY!

BluePepsi said on January 4, 2011 at 3:46 a.m.

Maybe for kids who cant convince their dad to buy a PS3

MAXIMUM_PANTS said on January 4, 2011 at 3:48 a.m.

I guess this is one of the differences between a paid and a free subscription model.

Sakura said on January 4, 2011 at 3:52 a.m.

in before console fanb- oops...too late.

peacepilgrim said on January 4, 2011 at 3:55 a.m.

Damn, Catalyst working overtime tonight. Keep it up man, site is awesome

trigger said on January 4, 2011 at 4:12 a.m.

Correction :
On 360, YOU (the user) pay for that cost (the bandwith) with your subscription.

shinakka said on January 4, 2011 at 4:34 a.m.

On topic: Sounds reasonable to me. I am OK with them using some of my XBox Live money to let my peers see the costumes as well.

@4. Be quiet. You're not rich because you have a ps3. It also doesn't guarantee you're an adult either. I have all the next-gen systems and a gaming pc and am not rich. However, I am an adult lol.

So please, if you are going to feed the trolls, then at least come up with a better/more original comeback.

hellpyer said on January 4, 2011 at 4:37 a.m.

Heres an original comeback. stfu

MALDA said on January 4, 2011 at 4:40 a.m.

Kenshiro said on January 4, 2011 at 4:41 a.m.

How about you both STFU before I send a 100 Crack Fist your way.

Steele301 said on January 4, 2011 at 4:42 a.m.

Why, oh why can't there ever be an article explaining the differences that capcom has to work with for each system without people D!ck riding their favorite systems in the comments? I hate fanboys.

MALDA said on January 4, 2011 at 4:50 a.m.

TakeBusFace said on January 4, 2011 at 4:55 a.m.

once again.. ps3 fails

HighOnPCP said on January 4, 2011 at 5 a.m.

it's all about the benjamins...

and im cool with that, if you really want those costumes buy them.

gtfopanda said on January 4, 2011 at 5:03 a.m.

How can this be surprising, we *pay* Microsoft for that. No biggie.

Still, it's nice to know in an official way.

Hypermarth said on January 4, 2011 at 5:04 a.m.

I knew paying for XBL had some purpose... xD

ferevellon said on January 4, 2011 at 5:06 a.m.

Xbox Live ain't free. Glad to see the money does go somewhere like this too. But PS3 owners should be happy that they don't have to pay for online gaming anyway.

Mrb20028 said on January 4, 2011 at 5:22 a.m.

This isn't really a big deal at all. If people wanna see the costumes, they should just buy them theirselves, if it's really that important.

NEWkidCJ said on January 4, 2011 at 5:26 a.m.

In the end, all you fanboys fail.

DeadlyMoves said on January 4, 2011 at 5:39 a.m.

Good answer Seth. it made perfect sense.
Woot! Its just another reason to a own a 360 over a PS3. The PSN is free for a reason, and that reason is bcos its crap

halo said on January 4, 2011 at 5:41 a.m.

I didn't understand why people where saying PSN is inferior to XBL until i actually bought a PS3 about a month ago. On XBL i used to spend at least 20-30 minutes each time browsing around, checking new videos, trailers or any new stuff really. On PSN its a hassle to even search for demos and trailers the way it is done and the content in general feels archaic. Its a calmer experience altogether when you just use your PS3 for games or movies but i just never bother with online stuff at all

ferevellon said on January 4, 2011 at 5:43 a.m.

Visible SSF4 costumes are a reason to own a 360 over a PS3?

DeadlyMoves said on January 4, 2011 at 5:47 a.m.

I didnt say that, you moron!
i said its just another reason to own a 360 over a ps3

irrenmann said on January 4, 2011 at 5:51 a.m.

No big deal. Anyone who has an internet connection is obviously able to check out the various costumes to figure out if they want to see them on a regular basis, and if they do, then they will buy the costumes. People unwilling to buy them were the ones who weren't interested in seeing them in the first place.

Kurow said on January 4, 2011 at 6:02 a.m.

Don't blame Sony... Capcom is a cheap ass they are selling costumes at a very high prices and they do not even want to pay the fees???... cheap ass company.

Next time do not lock the costumes that are already on the disc!.

I still waiting for a price drop for all the SUPER costumes that are already on the disc but they do not want to reduce the price and I'm not going to pay half of the game price for just costumes that are already on my disc...

Mr_Clack said on January 4, 2011 at 6:15 a.m.

@ 29 wait for mvc3!!!

KinGxSnoopY said on January 4, 2011 at 6:43 a.m.

eh..im not mad, i guess that 60 bucks finally paid off, lol

SmoothJK said on January 4, 2011 at 6:55 a.m.

Well, I love my PS3, but for SSF4, I'd much rather have a 360. Here's to hoping it comes out for PC someday haha (still the best platform IMHO).

mcfizzle said on January 4, 2011 at 6:56 a.m.

@9 Because 85% of the population especially you are not top players so its not much of an argument for either system. You buy the game for the system you own.

I wonder how MS and Sony policies differ for mandatory game patches which I assume is what the AE patch will be. It will probably contain the costumes and new characters with Yun/Yang being paid dlc.

SF2FOREVER said on January 4, 2011 at 7:20 a.m.

I'm on the PS3, whether I get to see any new costumes or not don't bother me a bit. All I WANT to see is smooth gameplay with no lag, hopefully. :) I'm not cheap but I'm not paying for something at such high prices that don't improve gameplay at all.
my 0.02 cent, agree or not, it's up to you.

Creeper said on January 4, 2011 at 7:24 a.m.

Meh, we have to pay for Xbox Live to begin with and the prices were raised in autumn, so we can reasonably expect to get some small things for free here and there that Playstation Network users wouldn't.

Like the Brawler Pack last year. MASTER RACE. http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/ma...

Just kidding. :3

OhYouDontSayThat said on January 4, 2011 at 7:24 a.m.

lol so bill gates bought everyone costumes? what a nice guy!

monkeydhugo said on January 4, 2011 at 7:24 a.m.

look this isn't a big deal at all, I play on PSN and I really don't care about this......at all!! so I can't see a costume?? really thats a reason to get Xbox 360??? Big deal Sony has never let me down, honestly I've never had any problems online and with that I also play Killzone 2 wicth is amazing both play wise and graphic wise...this whole pros only play on xbox live thing....again not a big issue I really don't see the need to play them....if I wanna play them I'll go to evo and compete.

BlankaBeast said on January 4, 2011 at 7:36 a.m.

so sony is cheap cuz the network is free, stay free sony!

BlankaBeast said on January 4, 2011 at 7:44 a.m.

#33 YES!

PC FTW

flyingmonkey said on January 4, 2011 at 7:52 a.m.

It makes sense that the x-box gets this as a benefit because they have to pay to get their online, while ps3 gets free online. As for the bad conection and lag, I have a ps3 and I can honestly say that I don't have a problem with this.

terror said on January 4, 2011 at 7:58 a.m.

Gratz 360 fanboys. your 60 dollar purchase is now justified

BlankaBeast said on January 4, 2011 at 8 a.m.

Honestly? Never any problems? Wow ........maybe PSN is really awesome then and everyone ELSE is wrong.

Zang said on January 4, 2011 at 8:02 a.m.

I have both and still play on Xbox over the PS3. Timing is slightly different on the ps3 then on the xbox.

Balloon said on January 4, 2011 at 8:06 a.m.

All you fanboys need to simmer down. Everyone knows the best port of SF4 is the iphone anyway.

ferevellon said on January 4, 2011 at 8:10 a.m.

Man, Apple always gets the best stuff...

BlankaBeast said on January 4, 2011 at 8:18 a.m.

Apple.....LOL

OldmanFighter said on January 4, 2011 at 8:36 a.m.

People saying "sony fails" understand that they used their money they payed to play online (which is hilarious that anyone would pay to play online while PC/PS3 and even wii are free) and they are okay with it? Either you don't know how to spend your money or don't give a damn about wasting your money on online play.
I own both 360 and PS3, during the time I owned the 360 I only played the free month subscription when SSF4 came out and never saw ANY different in lag, or input time betwen the two.
You could even see on Gootecks adventure when they play on ps3 how it's pretty much the same as the 360 online, only difference you're paying for free peer to peer online gaming.

and seriously Sony failed because "Catalogue" wasn't added? Don't be stupid you don't need that crap on either system and capcom has enough money to pay for that but since they can't use PSN users money they went ahead and did it for the 360.

and there are other areas were sony truly fails, like, say, Security...

Scorpion said on January 4, 2011 at 8:54 a.m.

Mabans said on January 4, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.

Finally a reason. As long as it's not a technical issue I am only disappointed by not being able to see them on PSN. I play on both so it's moot, for me.

As for any console debating bull, that is left for the children at the school playground..

Zarathos said on January 4, 2011 at 8:59 a.m.

Idiots trolling about either psn or xbl should realize that bottom line ... given how much capcom is already charging for costumes (and multiple times now) , they could easily have offset the cost from their profit .

This answer only confirms that it's how it is because of Capcom's own laziness and excessive greed

Mabans said on January 4, 2011 at 9:10 a.m.

Zarathos, you sure have much insight, how about getting off of here flying to japan, working at capcom and straightening them out. You apparently have it all figured out. Laziness? I lol'd

Nukka said on January 4, 2011 at 9:13 a.m.

Meh for now, but they should resovle this sooner or later.

TheSquirrelMaster said on January 4, 2011 at 9:14 a.m.

i own ps3. ive been around since ps1 when nobody could touch sony. sony set the standard for great. ps3 is an awesome system. xbox 360 is only better in some aspects but not enough to say the ps3 is garbage. Ill give xbox alota credit with xbl nd alot of the multiplatform games being a litl sharper, but xbox fanboys need to show a litl mor respect considering it wudnt b such a big deal if u wernt constantly comparing. if the ps3 is so garbage y do u hafta try to convince everybody so much. there are alota stuff dats better about ps3. the only reason i wud get xbox360 wud be if i wer to get more serious about competition becuz of the quality of xbl. xbox wudnt be ish if it wasnt for ps1 nd 2 setting the standard for gaming all together. xbox copied everything from other systems nd just improved it a litl. is dat really an amazing accomplishment? the gay litl avatars u guys hav are such a rip off of the wii. everything about xbox is such a rip off of somthing els. ps is gona outlast xbox. just like nintendo outlasted sega. sega alwas said they wer better, which they were in alota aspects, and where are they now?
making games for everyone including nintendo. aint that a bitch.

ury said on January 4, 2011 at 9:16 a.m.

@48 Totally agree "Gouken"!

I owned a 360 as well, I did the free subscription too, then paid 4 it. then it died from the "red ring of death".

But I NEVER had ANY diff lag issues than I do now.

So to pay 4 doin the exact same thing? Then boast how awesome it is over the PS3? C'mon, get real, yall never had the PS3 anyway, with its awesome built in BluRay capabilities, and sexy streamlined looks. Built in wi-fi, and digital quality only Sony can provide! LOL!!!

I do miss HALO though.....

TonyCorleone said on January 4, 2011 at 9:27 a.m.

In other words... the PS3 is a pile of horse manure.

I'm clever, I didn't waste my money on one. I'm sure we'll see the usual claims of... "well, I'm a true gamer, and a true gamer has all the machines!"

Yeh, whatever, fools!

CrimsonRelic said on January 4, 2011 at 9:32 a.m.

I'm a true gamer and true gamers have all the consoles!

Sektah84 said on January 4, 2011 at 9:33 a.m.

Oh boy here comes the fanboys smh.
At the end of the day both companies take your money and own you. Enjoy your red ring if you have an older xbox enjoy your flashing yellow light if you have a ps3 lol I own both and prefer fighting games on the ps3 since i play on my ps3 pad and hate the 360 pad for fighting games.

BlankaBeast said on January 4, 2011 at 9:33 a.m.

PC>Xbox>PS3>others(ds, iphone, atari jaguar..)

Sektah84 said on January 4, 2011 at 9:35 a.m.

^ keep dreaming of your ssfiv pc release

BlankaBeast said on January 4, 2011 at 9:41 a.m.

not SSFIV, but I will keep hope alive for AE! AE runs on a PC in the arcade the way it is, so yea sweet dreams for me! :D

PC FTW

Psycho said on January 4, 2011 at 9:42 a.m.

30+ year old arguing about video game consoles, pretty sad....

BlankaBeast said on January 4, 2011 at 9:48 a.m.

^Having a hobby and discussing it at any age can actually contribute to overall happiness, believe it or not!
You should try it out, unless your hobby is telling other people they are sad, then I would look for a new hobby! :D

Psycho said on January 4, 2011 at 10:05 a.m.

no, I love some fanboy arguing I but have to admit it's kinda sad... XD

PS: 360 sucks!

oops...XD

bokosaki said on January 4, 2011 at 10:17 a.m.

The 360 players pay for their gold membership for a reason.

lordgootecks said on January 4, 2011 at 10:18 a.m.

ps3 has no games.
ps3 users will see this comment a few frames after everyone else :D

maxs2d2ace said on January 4, 2011 at 10:27 a.m.

well i guess this is fair...i mean xbox user do pay for their chit. fairs fair *sigh*=(

monkeydhugo said on January 4, 2011 at 10:44 a.m.

@lord gootecks

really?? no games??

Sektah84 said on January 4, 2011 at 10:46 a.m.

@67 ps3 has no games?!
God of war 3,mgs4,uncharted1&2,killzone2,infamous,restitance,MLB the show,little big planet did I miss any games?!
360 has bumass halo YAWN!!!! Oh yeah gears of war is an awesome games though can't front and cod games and madden and NBA 2k run better on the 360. The wireless on the new 360 I find is not as good as the wireless on the ps3 although it might just me my location. Oh and let's not forget that human torch can't make the mvc3 roster cause of the 360 ram rumors lol

junior139 said on January 4, 2011 at 10:48 a.m.

i have all the consoles and to me i would say ps3 is better but hey i do still play gears on 360 i juss prefer ps3 over it

monkeydhugo said on January 4, 2011 at 10:55 a.m.

yeah 360 is holding back, look I have both but im more of a ps3 guy but to say that ps3 aint got games??? c'mon lets not be stupid people...we all know for a fact that xbox 360 is getting old and with all the facelifts its having/been having its only a matter of time before something great happens or something bad...PS# is the future

Dugi said on January 4, 2011 at 10:58 a.m.

People are still playing the 2-frame delayed PS3 version? Lol

Psycho said on January 4, 2011 at 11:05 a.m.

@ 70 I remember Ratchet And Clank, what an awesome little fun game!

ChunLi said on January 4, 2011 at 11:14 a.m.

Y'know, I play on both 360 and PS3, and I can honestly say there is NO difference between them for me.

Fanboys gonna fan.
Haters gonna hate.
Ragers gonna rage.

You're all idiots, grow up.

songman said on January 4, 2011 at 11:23 a.m.

i have ps3 and some people have good connection while MOST people on psn are still ON Wireless..<<<< damn psn people. Come on DO NOT do Wirless connetion when you play me. i will block you.. other then that i wish i have the money to get an abox and play monthly service for better connection and more people to play with.

JanTheMan said on January 4, 2011 at 11:29 a.m.

Lies... Microsoft paid Capcom $$$$$$$$$$....

Also... Microsoft paid Treyarch $$$$$$$$$ to lower the resolution and graphics of Black Ops on PS3....

Loghorn said on January 4, 2011 at 11:32 a.m.

@25: You get what you pay for. If online is "free," then it doesn't exactly work very awesomely on a gaming console.

cvs said on January 4, 2011 at 11:35 a.m.

@32 There'seople who found out how to mod the ssf4 characters into the pc version of sf4,if that's good enough for now.

@47 Dreamcast is the truth!

@54 Nintendo 64 would like to have a word with you.

@58 Right on man!

@59 You could just buy a ssf4 fightpad or arcade stick then.

To the people saying xbox 360 kept ps3 back in terms of ram issues,even if that were true,that can't be helped.Remember xbox 360 came out "BEFORE" the ps3 did.

I love all 3 next gen systems but this sounds more like a money issue,not a hardware issue.

RandomJohn said on January 4, 2011 at 11:54 a.m.

Sony's already offering free online gaming. People shouldn't expect Sony to pay for this also. However it does explain why that message comes up on the VS screen.

RoggingCamp said on January 4, 2011 at 11:55 a.m.

Always fun to hear the snivelling console peasants trying to justify what their parents got them for their birthday.

Supersf4 said on January 4, 2011 at 12:20 p.m.

I think Capcom should update this when the new DLC comes.
Cos when some players see my alt's that are new to ssf4, ask me how i got them, where can they buy them from.
Capcom lose and PSN lose :(
Also the mic problem, only 2 players can talk to each other, while playing. Echo's and can hear when there's more then 2. Why does that happen?
Nothing wrong with online, it's people's connection :) still they could improve on that.
PS3 user

TrulyVU said on January 4, 2011 at 12:23 p.m.

Love all the fanboyism in here lol... Ok PS3 users let's face it, 360 is a better gaming system and the online is better... When playing a game like CoD where it's really multiplayer. I can't imagine how SSF4's online on xbl could be better than psn, but even if it is, xbl users are paying $60(?) a year to get a LITTLE better stable connection to play a game really only involves 2 ppl connecting to eachother.

Now PS3 owners, rejoice! Yeah the online might be crappier, but you aren't paying for it! And yes, 360 probably does have more games (it also came out before), but the PS3 does EVERYTHING ELSE. Need to buy a blu ray player? No need, you have a PS3! Browse the internet? Plug in your keyboard/mouse and start surfing (Now i only say this because i saw the xbox keyboard layout wasn't qwerty, so i am not sure if you can even hook up a keyboard to the 360 lol)! Want a real computer to surf the internet and do other things? Install Linux!

So yes, for the hardcore gamer, I really do believe the 360 is a better system. But for the average gamer like me, who only takes SSF4 seriously (not serious enough to go to tourneys but still pretty serious lol), is it really worth it to lose all those benefits (especially the blu ray player, it was so damn expensive before!) AND pay $60 a year for a little better connection? For me, it wasn't worth it and that's why i own a ps3.

ChunLi said on January 4, 2011 at 12:27 p.m.

@ #80 TrulyVU

Most valid argument I've ever seen on a console debate, I applaud you. ^_^

JanTheMan said on January 4, 2011 at 12:27 p.m.

Good old days where multiplayer is "call your friends to your place and play fighting games locally"... back in my SF3/SFA days...

son1cflash said on January 4, 2011 at 12:45 p.m.

I dont get it...Why having that format until now? how come they did not use that format for the previous costume packs? I don't believe this nonsense, I hate to say this but is smell a lot more like greed to me. the costumes should have been free in the first place, but to show our support we still buy them at the high price. It's more like a slap inthe face for showing our support I would say. Im already over $150 bucks easy by buying the Vanilla + SSF4 + the previous costumes (oh and not to mention the $1.50 for stupid avatars + 150 for a Arcade Edition Stick). I seriously think it's BS and that Capcom is just being greedy. Why the hell would I want to buy a costume for a character that is not my main JUST TO SEE IT - ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!. I dont play ranked Matches like that. I only play with my friends and unfortunately I'm the only one who mains guile and Cody. I had recently picked up Rose so that would have been close to $15 they will not get from me just because there is no point in getting them anymore. So let's say a few ppl were on my side and decided not to buy them as well, that's a lost of money to me. I say Capcom should just pay the so called "cost" (so Seth said) and be done with it - that would be showing their appreciation to us fans lol. Not everybody visit forums like us, so allowing everybody to see it on the PSN is a form of advertisement in my opinion. I know this may sound silly, but that whole thing with the latest costume format actually turned me off (weird I know). I just dont cope well with GREED I guess

TurtleGuile said on January 4, 2011 at 1:11 p.m.

@ #80
You can change the xbox keyboard layout to qwerty and plug in your keyboard into the xbox

KenScrub said on January 4, 2011 at 1:17 p.m.

#8 pretty much said it all.

DarkCyclone said on January 4, 2011 at 1:20 p.m.

Why didn't any of the other costumes have this problem? Honestly if they could do it with the 1st set they should do it with the 2nd.

I'll add that the PS3 version of SSF4 sucks (I own the PS3 version before anyone decides to call me out), all the best players play on 360, there is apparently a frame less lag, I'm assuming that it's a lot easier to find 4 bar matches and the best players play on it

Alkipot said on January 4, 2011 at 1:33 p.m.

son1cflash said on January 4, 2011 at 1:34 p.m.

ok that's it - I figured it out lol Since AE is coming out on consoles..who knows they will probably sent out another disc, Capcom is trying to get as much money as they can by forcing ppl to buy the costume to see them before we all put SSF4 in a corner like Vanilla haha. Unless AE really is going to be a DLC, most of us will not be playing SSF4 anymore. Given how they dont want to pay for everybody to see the costumes I wonder what they will charge for AE DLC? I would not be surprise if they charge over $30 for it (sigh)

cvs said on January 4, 2011 at 1:36 p.m.

@87 lol what?

Kuter said on January 4, 2011 at 1:43 p.m.

@ 80. Sorry to break your fan-boy bubble but, every game played online, is made peer to peer...almost no game has dedicate server "maybe aside Battlefield, but ain't sure". So your 60$ a year of fee just go to company so you get useless content before PS3.

J_Hausss said on January 4, 2011 at 2:04 p.m.

The alternate costumes all suck except for Dan's because he is the best

JinZo said on January 4, 2011 at 2:29 p.m.

Let's declare that people who go fanboy on one console and bash on the other are either underage kids or retards.

You have got to be either one of the two if you lack the wit to do a little something called "research".

SteadiestShark said on January 4, 2011 at 2:52 p.m.

Dat neck.

OldmanFighter said on January 4, 2011 at 3:03 p.m.

Anyone who says XBL online is better is just falling for the illusion that paying online = Better online service. It's not true and completely false. Like I said before i own both, and the online quality is pretty much the same.

Anyways don't believe me? read this article http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1...

TrulyVU said on January 4, 2011 at 3:06 p.m.

@ Kuter

I dont even get whaqt you're saying... Are you trying to call me a 360 fanboy?

xXGods_ReconXx said on January 4, 2011 at 3:21 p.m.

lmao almost 100 comments of ppl arguing over which is better. they both play games thats all.

Kuter said on January 4, 2011 at 3:48 p.m.

@ 95. Kinda, your bragging that the 360 has better server when they have none, same as PS3. which is what peer to peer is, One person is the act as a host while everyone else connects to him. It cost nothing to the game company or console developer to have server since its the people that kinda create them when playing online.

Only thing i would like from the 360 to the PS3 would be left 4 dead, since my comp sucks, but again, just an opinion ^.^

Raven said on January 4, 2011 at 5:01 p.m.

You have to look at the pro's and con's of all the systems. 360 seems to have a stronger graphics engine, but that means it produces more heat and noise (this one is obvious, because my brother owned a system).

His eventually died and he got sick of it being repaired, so it just got a PS3 for Christmas. Xbox online might be somewhat faster, but the hardware itself is more prone to crashing and failing (so consider additional repair costs on top of paying for online).

I play a few online games on my custom desktop, yet I'm not paying for any online "subscription." So to place blame on the platform is probably moot in this day and age where everything is gaining more, and more power. The true problems probably lay with the servers and net code.

Microsoft charges for everything, study the relationship between Vista and 7 (you'll understand soon enough).

I understand what Seth speaks of. Microsoft has some padding, so they were secure with that update. Still, I do NOT wish to pay to play online. I pay $10 a month for a hosting bill, $50 for cable internet, $60 for a new game, and a few hundred for a system. Why would I want to deal with an additional cost that would only yield slightly improvements? I own a number of games for my PS3 and enjoy them, SSF4 is not the end all be all. I'll just see the costumes on me and hardcore fans, big deal.

SpinningBirdKick said on January 4, 2011 at 5:14 p.m.

I think it's safe to say that in the end, despite all the indifferences about one system or the other, Bill Gates and that middle aged dude from the Sony PS3 commercials are really getting laid right about now.

TrulyVU said on January 4, 2011 at 11:40 p.m.

@ Kuter

LOL You do realize i own a ps3 and not a 360 right? Guess you didnt read the whole thing i wrote and only the first paragraph... I thought 360 ran on a server becasue when my friend was playing Black Ops on his 360, the host left, and it only took a couple seconds to find a new host, where as when he played it on the ps3 and the hsot left, the game finished.

Also yay for 100th post on console wars? LOL

melflomil said on January 5, 2011 at 1:51 p.m.

who cares at the end of the day, we can browse the internet on the ps3 and we get netflix. If someone wants the costume just buy it. plan and simple

Load more comments