Chinatown Fair update, end of Arcade Infinity video

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • February 25, 2011 at 1:24 p.m. PST
Community member MikeG wrote in to inform readers of the latest news with Chinatown Fair's closing/relocation. There have been a lot of conflicting reports, but it's worth taking note of what he had to say here.
Today is the last day that the business will be open according to a lot of community members that I have spoken to. There will be a meeting between everyone throughout the community to hang and and chill one last time at Chinatown Fair. THIS IS THE LAST DAY THEY WILL BE OPEN! The status on what they will be doing after today is unknown. I suspect that the doors will stay open pretty late tonight (anywhere from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m.)

Also, DMG spotted this video through npVideoGaming about Arcade Infinity recently closing down, which was done by GameZone.

Comments

InTheRocks said on February 25, 2011 at 1:33 p.m.

I've been to this place only twice, and it was the December before the orginal SFIV came on consoles. Played it for the first time(got my ass handed to me) but it was fun and it seemed like a cool place. Wish I coulda gone there again. :(

Jhawk said on February 25, 2011 at 1:38 p.m.

my heart goings out the those ppl.
my arcade closed down a year ago. my life not the same with out it
R.I.P Time Out arcade

Atreyuguy said on February 25, 2011 at 2:31 p.m.

Those people should feel grateful to have the opportunity to experience such a phenomenal arcade. I wish the local arcade in my area had good games, instead theres ski ball, hydro thunder, and a miss pacman that turns off in the middle of a game. I would love to have MvC2 or ssf2 turbo. It did have street fighter alpha but, the joy stick wouldn't let me do forward jump... sorta weird.

MALDA said on February 25, 2011 at 3:49 p.m.

MrPavy said on February 25, 2011 at 4:16 p.m.

blame the gay economy

MrPFloyd said on February 25, 2011 at 6:11 p.m.

Is the voice during this video Nitz from undergrads?
r.i.p Arcade Infinity

Raven said on February 25, 2011 at 6:55 p.m.

Don't have an arcade anywhere close to me and if I did...I couldn't afford to take a bus to get there. rflmao

I don't see why this would be a shock to anyone, entire companies have shut down in this economy where people are fighting to not get unemployed.

DestinyZX1 said on February 25, 2011 at 7:08 p.m.

Never went to Chinatown Fair and that sucks because I wish I can go. Too bad it's gonna close. Though I hear it'll be relocated which is good.

Loocid said on February 26, 2011 at 3:12 a.m.

Wow that was a great video even though i have nothing to do with AI.