Capcom-Unity Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC poll results tallied, round 2

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • February 22, 2011 at 6:08 p.m. PST
Capcom-Unity Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC poll results tallied, round 2 Capcom-Unity moderator, Zonic, has posted the results for the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC character poll held on the site. There were a lot of people chiming in, with over 5,000 votes for each thread, and there will be a second round of action as the vote-getters are further narrowed down.

The top 15 for each side is as follows. Make sure you hit the link above to see the full top 50 results.

Marvel characters

10. Jin Saotome - 677
11. Jon Talbain - 617
12. Bass.Exe - 606
13. Ken - 469
14. Leon Kennedy - 419
15. Cammy - 416

Unfortunately, this poll wasn't officially endorsed by Capcom, but it racked up a surprising amount of votes, and it's a logical assumption that some staff members will be looking at it at some point, if they haven't been already, so it's still a good place to have your voice heard as to which characters you'd like to see in the future.

Round 2 in this poll will start later this week, and the top 20 finishers will be moving on.

Sent in by Striderhiryu12.

Comments

Artecz said on February 22, 2011 at 6:13 p.m.

To bad Vergil isnt higher up :(

Dugi said on February 22, 2011 at 6:13 p.m.

Phoenix and Frank will bring me back into this game.

BisonBetterBeGoodInSSF4 said on February 22, 2011 at 6:13 p.m.

OMG c'mon Capcom Bison is 9th?

hes like your best villain for a fighting game, besides Viper is in so you might as well throw in Bison. *sigh*

btw...second!!

BisonBetterBeGoodInSSF4 said on February 22, 2011 at 6:14 p.m.

crap i thought i would be second oh well...THIRD!!

BisonBetterBeGoodInSSF4 said on February 22, 2011 at 6:14 p.m.

oh wait that was the 4th comment...ahh screw it i failed

Aquaman said on February 22, 2011 at 6:15 p.m.

Where the hell is Blade?

shichi said on February 22, 2011 at 6:15 p.m.

Marvel needs more chicks. Come on Psylocke!

SmokeRulz said on February 22, 2011 at 6:18 p.m.

Apparently the Top 20 of each poll will be involved in Round 2. So why are you guys only posting the Top 15 of each side?

Hotdiddykong said on February 22, 2011 at 6:20 p.m.

Awesome venoms number 1 ^_^

Yay Strider and HOORAY for X and Phoenix Wright :D

KMasters said on February 22, 2011 at 6:21 p.m.

Sektah84 said on February 22, 2011 at 6:22 p.m.

venom really?! WTF

Catalyst said on February 22, 2011 at 6:25 p.m.

@SmokeRulz So there's some incentive to check out the link posted above.

Kijui said on February 22, 2011 at 6:26 p.m.

Dan only had 117 votes. Wait, DAN HAD 117 VOTES!!!

MrPFloyd said on February 22, 2011 at 6:27 p.m.

Wow f*ck phoenix wright, seriously. all 1734 that voted for him are f*cking ****.

cvs said on February 22, 2011 at 6:27 p.m.

"This poll wasn't officially endorsed by Capcom",which means it doesn't really matter who came in what place.

Hotdiddykong said on February 22, 2011 at 6:28 p.m.

I know this is just an opinion poll, but capcom should seriously reconsider the choices if they want to do fan service.

Good luck for everyone in round 2!

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on February 22, 2011 at 6:28 p.m.

If they do bring Venom, I hope it's the one from Ultimate Spiderman. Sickest version imo.

Kakkarot045 said on February 22, 2011 at 6:28 p.m.

Where's Sakura ????

cvs said on February 22, 2011 at 6:29 p.m.

@18 In ssf4.

SmokeRulz said on February 22, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.

@#12
Well seeing the entire Top 50 should be incentive enough. Just the site was incredibly laggy for some reason when I first clicked the link (probably high traffic right now) so I thought it would do well to have the top 20s here.

I wonder if I was the only person who voted for Wiccan. He doesn't appear in the Top 50 at all, so yeah, I probably was. :( Also argh, Squirrel Girl JUST missed out!

@#15
This is true, but guaranteed that plenty of people involved with Capcom will at least see the results of this poll and the Round 2 polls, which could end up influencing decisions they discuss with Marvel. You never know!

Bison said on February 22, 2011 at 6:31 p.m.

Well, at least X has a super chance. At least Bison is on the list too. I don't understand why people wanted Venom. Too many better options to bring something new to the table, like Carnage for instance.

DarthWaddleDoo said on February 22, 2011 at 6:34 p.m.

Dammit! Why did you guys vote for Strider?

Akro said on February 22, 2011 at 6:34 p.m.

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! VENOM BABY.

tx16p said on February 22, 2011 at 6:34 p.m.

lol @19

Hotdiddykong said on February 22, 2011 at 6:35 p.m.

@Mrpfloyd

Ah shut up, just cause you don't like him doesnt mean he can't be in it, he's one of capcoms most unique characters and would be awesome to have a moveset, the more crazier the better, your the real fag for taking it too serious.

Quezacoatl said on February 22, 2011 at 6:36 p.m.

Interesting, no Octopus...

MALDA said on February 22, 2011 at 6:37 p.m.

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on February 22, 2011 at 6:38 p.m.

117? That's the same number of Master Chief!!!!!

Is Dan somehow a super soldier from the future here to save us all from a mad suicidal alien apocalypse?

I BET'CHA!!!

I mean honestly... Think about it. Dan is the only one who also has the color alt of Goku, the main hero from Dragon Ball Z. No one else. Not Ryu, Ken, Akuma or Gouken.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!! DAN IS THE REAL HERO OF STREET FIGHTER!!!!!

xRELLIKx said on February 22, 2011 at 6:38 p.m.

to no surprise my obscure characters will be unable to take part....*sigh*

Wolfeyes187 said on February 22, 2011 at 6:41 p.m.

Can you imagine playing with green goblin? that would be so cool. I liked how mvc3 added new people. I hope they go for carnage and green goblin. Spidey doesn't have any villains in the game right now. I hope strider and Gene get voted in as well.

evanslemmon said on February 22, 2011 at 6:42 p.m.

top 3 from each list:
marvel
1. venom (awesome)
2. carnage (more awesome)
3. juggernaut (another big guy that isn't sentinel)

capcom
1. megaman x (please make him better than lame megaman from mvc2)
2. talbain (self explanitory)
3. bass (for the 3 way megaman team)

Lavama said on February 22, 2011 at 6:42 p.m.

I wonder how many of those 1110 are Shoto haters...

Kalm said on February 22, 2011 at 6:42 p.m.

@2:

Not an attack or an argument or anything, but this Capcom had no part in Bison's lack of popularity. It was all the fans. So saying "c'mon Capcom" is completely pointless.

SmokeRulz said on February 22, 2011 at 6:45 p.m.

@#27
Sorry bro, when that poll comes out, I'm voting Phoenix Wright and getting everyone I possibly know to vote for him too. WE WILL BE HEARD

DecoyLogan said on February 22, 2011 at 6:47 p.m.

I can't wrap my head around this love for Phoenix. I mean sure he's a cool character but he isn't the best idea as a fighting character.

Remember Norimaro? Wright would probably end up fighting like a cross between him and Dan.

cvs said on February 22, 2011 at 6:47 p.m.

There are a lot of different versions of venom and 2 different versions of carnage so people might have to be more specific.

J said on February 22, 2011 at 6:48 p.m.

No love for Rival Schools or Power Stone I see...

DarthWaddleDoo said on February 22, 2011 at 6:49 p.m.
kaigetsudo said on February 22, 2011 at 6:49 p.m.

^Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.

Also, Leon Kennedy?? Really guys? What's he gonna do? Oh wait don't tell me, he's gonna shoot stuff and kick stuff and shoot more stuff... yeah... OH OH Daredevil's gonna kick stuff AND punch stuff! What awesome characters!

kingofthesharks said on February 22, 2011 at 6:50 p.m.

I'm down for the top 3 of both Marvel and Capcom sides. Good choices guys

BlackHart said on February 22, 2011 at 6:53 p.m.

where's Black Panther and Blade???

kaigetsudo said on February 22, 2011 at 6:53 p.m.

Whooops I was talking about #33

SnakeX said on February 22, 2011 at 6:55 p.m.

I'd wager that Strider is pretty much a lock at this point, as well as another X-Men character.

If they do add Venom though, I hope they give him some more moves, he always felt lacking in comparison to everyone else.

C_DUB said on February 22, 2011 at 6:59 p.m.

I swear to god if Phoenix Wright makes it in over Gene I'll go nuts. What kind of person wants to put someone who doesn't fight in a fighting game? What the f*** can Phoenix Wright do, yell "OBJECTION!!!" as Wolverine claws his face away? No one would fit the over the top fighting tone more than Gene, he was tailor made for this game, but you stupid ass fanboys would rather put an everyday normal lawyer in instead? I just don't get it. Please Capcom, be smart and put Strider, Maegaman X, and Gene into this game. And just about every Marvel character would be cool, except Howard the F***ing Duck!

SmokeRulz said on February 22, 2011 at 6:59 p.m.

@#41
They're in the Top 20 on the Marvel side. Also, they will never be in the game. Especially Black Panther.

Nyoronoru said on February 22, 2011 at 7 p.m.

I'm waiting for Phoenix Wright to be the hard counter to Sentinel.

Vampireplatypus said on February 22, 2011 at 7:01 p.m.

Wasn't Venom dropped? and the only way I'd accept Mega Man X is if they incorporated his armors. Because without them he is just Zero without a sword.
I'm glad about Phoenix Wright though. I wish Bass.exe and Dr. Strange were higher :/

MetroidG said on February 22, 2011 at 7:01 p.m.

Why the hell is ken on that list? And why is classic megaman voted for when people know X was going to get more votes. this is insanity and well I don't really care for DLC anyway but i'll buy a few of them even if its one's I don't like.

cvs said on February 22, 2011 at 7:03 p.m.

@44 Howard the duck is cool with his quack fu! ;)

Shareware said on February 22, 2011 at 7:04 p.m.

Captain Commando needs to get off of his lazy ass and climb that damn list.

This game needs more Captain Corridor.

J said on February 22, 2011 at 7:08 p.m.

^

You will have your Jam Session and you will like it, sir.

monkeydhugo said on February 22, 2011 at 7:09 p.m.

I love Wright and (I have all his games and cosplay as him) but I don't think he's gonna make it to be honest I kinda don't want him, Im sure Strider is in..even if I don't care for him...Im glad that his fans made there voices heard...goodluck Strider!

Gamer09e said on February 22, 2011 at 7:09 p.m.

Marvel side needs more Iconic Females Give us Elektra!!!

kirbykirbykirby said on February 22, 2011 at 7:11 p.m.

cyclops has to come back. so many xmen and him excluded is so stupid

Shwaffles said on February 22, 2011 at 7:11 p.m.

Argh... I really want strider to win but I also want Phoenix Wright, Frank West, and Megaman to win. :(
For marvel the top 6 characters are all good but I want juggernaut. JUGGERNAUT PUNCH!!!!!

kaigetsudo said on February 22, 2011 at 7:12 p.m.

Marvel side needs more cool females give us Magik!!

Hakansoilbarrel said on February 22, 2011 at 7:13 p.m.

(CAPTAIN...CORRIDOR!

But on a more serious note, I'm glad Frank West is getting justice(as well as Mega-Man X and Phoenix Wright). Marvel-wise, I'm pretty happy, though Venom or Blade would be sweet.

BTW I didn't realize there was gonna be another round, Catalyst - thanks for the heads up!)

Shareware said on February 22, 2011 at 7:19 p.m.

Well, my old pal DD only got 500 votes...

Sigh...

One day, you'll be in another good game. One day.

But Gambit is in second place! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

katalystx said on February 22, 2011 at 7:22 p.m.

Marvel has a big guy. = Sentinel
Capcom needs a big guy. = Juggernaut

BlackHart said on February 22, 2011 at 7:24 p.m.

i know #45, i know

=(

Gameplan said on February 22, 2011 at 7:25 p.m.

Yay! 9 out of my 10 picks made it top 15! :)

katalystx said on February 22, 2011 at 7:25 p.m.

oh f why did i think juggernaut was capcom.. dammit LOL

LordTerminal said on February 22, 2011 at 7:25 p.m.

To the 1110 people that voted Cyclops: I frigging hate you and your poor taste. Not only is Cyclops one of the biggest a-holes in the Marvel universe, he has no diversity in his moveset outside of eye lasers. Even the previous games had to make him a shotoclone in order for him to be a fighter. Now what does that tell you?

So not only did you essentially vote for another shotoclone but you cost more original character choices like Machine Man and Songbird a chance at being DLC. Again, I frigging hate you.

Shareware said on February 22, 2011 at 7:26 p.m.

Um.

Uhhhhhh....... How do I break this to you...

It's like telling a kid that Santa Clause isn't from Saturn...

Shareware said on February 22, 2011 at 7:28 p.m.

You sound quite seasoned.

Allow me to sprinkle you on my giant pretzel.

LordTerminal said on February 22, 2011 at 7:31 p.m.

I also hate all 469 of you that voted for Ken. Again, there are plenty of original ideas for Capcom characters to be fighters and you choose to have another shotoclone over them? You have no taste!

DudeMeister said on February 22, 2011 at 7:32 p.m.

@ c_dub #44 -even if i want other characters before gene, your words are very true indeed. I am surprised to see so many votes have been put to waste for a freaking lawyer without any fighting experience whatsoever. Seriously just give him a background cameo(if the she hulk ending wasn't enough) and leave dlc to characters who can actually fight. I must say though, i'm very pleased to see strider taking 1st place. Him along with bison and rolento are the characters i would like to see the most in the game, from the capcom side respectively.

yuenyun said on February 22, 2011 at 7:33 p.m.

Capcom, give me Gill. Looooool

cvs said on February 22, 2011 at 7:36 p.m.

@68 Capcom already gave us a female gill,her name is pheonix.

jaskoftrades said on February 22, 2011 at 7:36 p.m.

I doubt this will satisfy people still. There will always be someone missing.

MALDA said on February 22, 2011 at 7:39 p.m.

lmarshalljr04 said on February 22, 2011 at 7:40 p.m.

"Strider Hiryu is popular overseas as well, we took him out of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, because he didn't fit in with its concept." Commented by Ryota Niitsuma

The MOST dumbest comment i ever heard.. Well, Strider had 2094 votes... Cant wait for Round 2

jhayze said on February 22, 2011 at 7:41 p.m.

all i ask for...

capcom:
nemesis (re3)
p.n.03 (p.n.03)
lady (dmc3)
asura (asura's wrath)
gene (godhand)

marvel:
iron fist
omega sentinel
ghost rider
squirrel girl
ms. marvel

Staffinator said on February 22, 2011 at 7:41 p.m.

Would like to Ghost Rider make it into the DLC. Really interested to see what Capcom would to him. I also think Capcom needs to bring in Seth, Gill, or Bison due to the lack of big time villains on the Capcom side

BlooD_MoneY said on February 22, 2011 at 7:43 p.m.

VENOM CYCLOPS AND GAMBIT!!!!!!

Phynx said on February 22, 2011 at 7:46 p.m.

Ken? Really?

Ugh.

dtbighead0812 said on February 22, 2011 at 7:46 p.m.

wow why is phoenix wright so popular?? thats something ill never understand..

on another note happy to see my 3 marvel picks in top 3! although if i had to pick one, i wouldnt know who to pick, because all 3 are so freakin cool

SpiceyChicken said on February 22, 2011 at 7:47 p.m.

Top 4 for Marvel and Capcom are both awesome, internet I am proud. I'm surprised Nightcrawler is as high as he is and wish he was higher but meh.

jhayze said on February 22, 2011 at 7:49 p.m.

CAPCOM better add this f*ckn' guy!!!

he's like the Kratos of Capcom! lol

Jerry said on February 22, 2011 at 7:51 p.m.

I don't understand the infatuation with Phoenix Wright. He's a god damn lawyer. What on Earth could he possibly offer as far as fighting?

ProtoRockBass317 said on February 22, 2011 at 7:51 p.m.

I want Claire Redfield, a character NOBODY voted for

theMASman said on February 22, 2011 at 7:53 p.m.

Damn, Im surprised at some of the Marvel characters that were favored more. Not bad picks tho.

THIS JUST MY OPINION (so overly sensitive ones dont get offended) but alot of the roster chosen for the actual game was a huge let down. 18 less characters than MvC2 I was expecting a more iconic roster...sadly it wasnt. :*(

X23, Taskmaster, Dormammu, Modok,Hsien Ko,Haggar,Zero, Evil Jill, Felecia and the overload of SF characters I still cant wrap my head around as to why they made it in over so many others. It's like they had to pick 2-3 characters from every franchise and not even pick half of the people fans wanted listed in the results of this poll. Like how can Haggar make it over Zangief? Hsien Ko over Jon Taliban? Zero over Megaman? 3 Resident Evil characters and no Tyrant or Nemesis considered? Trish over Vergil? Seriously if you are going to pick two - three characters from from every franchise AT LEAST pick the more popular ones. I mean wtf.

Marvel says half of the reason they picked some of the characters they did on their side was to give them more attention to a wider audience, yet they are making films with: Black Panther, Iron Fist, Ant Man, Hawkeye in them and yet they aren't in it...weird.

Why No?...
*Silver Surfer - They have Galactus and heralds yet not him, makes no sense.

*Ghost Rider - in the end of Dantes story, yet hes not in it..cock tease

I was even waiting for a Juggernaunt announcement so I can make use of a "Im the Juggernaunt BITCH" taunt lol. Would have been cool to see some classics like Vision and Daredevil in it but...*sigh*

They cant please everyone or read my mind with the characters I want specifically, but like I said before...with almost 20 less characters in the roster for MvC3, it would have been cooler to see more iconic characters make it in instead of majority of the roster in the game now.

Hotdiddykong said on February 22, 2011 at 7:54 p.m.

@MALDA

Listen buddy "Real Capcom Fans" Doesnt mean "VOTE SCRICTLY"

REAL Capcom fans know that Capcom's job is to give Game-based Moves to well-known characters which are ranged from CAPABLE to ABSURD, If capcom can give Classic Roll a Mop and a Bucket of water and stamp her as a Character, than I think theyare more that capable to give Phoenix Wright a Decent Move-set.

Calm down and DEAL WITH IT, Strider is most wanted as a capable and Phoenix Wright is most wanted for Absurd, Stop whinning like a 9 year old.

dtbighead0812 said on February 22, 2011 at 7:54 p.m.

also...
___________________________________________________________
Posted by kaigetsudo on February 22, 2011 at 6:49 p.m. #39

Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.

___________________________________________________________

^^ THIS

Hotdiddykong said on February 22, 2011 at 7:55 p.m.

^ that goes for everyone who doesnt think Phoenix can be in

Halos said on February 22, 2011 at 7:57 p.m.

i would really like to see as DLC is

Black Cat - Marvel

Sigma - Capcom

Hotdiddykong said on February 22, 2011 at 7:57 p.m.

I mean My other comment

VegaSota said on February 22, 2011 at 7:58 p.m.

3. Phoenix Wright - 17344!? Frank West - 1311!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvbwwi... u voters are a butch of NOOBs.. thank you (sigh)

NWAndroid said on February 22, 2011 at 8 p.m.

You know, Capcom could kill two birds (Venom and Cable) with one stone (Flash Thompson). Just sayin'.

Yes I know that won't happen.

Also, my poor Sigma. :(

MrPFloyd said on February 22, 2011 at 8 p.m.

OMG yes agreed ahahah

@Hotdiddykong

Nah, you're gay for wanting a guy who has no business being in a fighting game, let along a guy that sucks off his coworkers

MilnerWins said on February 22, 2011 at 8:03 p.m.

Nemesis (RE3) would have been perfect.

VegaSota said on February 22, 2011 at 8:04 p.m.
cvs said on February 22, 2011 at 8:07 p.m.

Kratos would own him,since he kills gods.

Xurkey said on February 22, 2011 at 8:08 p.m.

I am so excited to see that Phoenix Wright got the votes that he deserves. The fans have spoken, now put him in MvC3 Capcom! He is going to be a great original character for MvC3.

Objection!

cvs said on February 22, 2011 at 8:08 p.m.

pheonix is already in

hellmetal789 said on February 22, 2011 at 8:11 p.m.

wow very nice results i love a lot of those guys :) my number 1 was bass.exe he so awesome :) no 2 was nightcrawler. then carnage , venom, and ken

Sakura said on February 22, 2011 at 8:13 p.m.

Phoenix Wright can go F*&% himself...along with every loser who votes for him...

PANTOOZLER said on February 22, 2011 at 8:13 p.m.

I hope they take this list into consideration!

WE ARE VENOM!!

Halos said on February 22, 2011 at 8:14 p.m.

who the hell is phoenix wrights. whats his powers. whats his story about. i just looked him up an all i see is him in a court room. this guy looks like trash, he seems like a loser why does everyone wanna put this trash character in this game.

Anomaly said on February 22, 2011 at 8:14 p.m.

Phoenix Wright? Frank West? I can't imagine anything more retarded than these guys fighting Galactus. Come on...

Load more comments