Posted by Nyoro
December 19, 2011 at 9:19 a.m. PST
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Ancient Warrior costumes delayed, Magneto alt. removed Capcom Unity has announced that the Ancient Warrior DLC costume pack (Arthur, Firebrand, Hulk and Magneto) which was supposed to ship tomorrow has been delayed until March 6th, and that Magneto's alternate will no longer be included with the pack.

Pricing information concerning these sudden changes is expected to be posted soon. It's highly likely but unproven that the change to the costume pack and the removal of the Magneto alternate had something to do with the legal action against it.

The next costume pack is the Brawler Pack with Spencer, Haggar, She-Hulk and Iron Fist. This will be released on January 10th.

Comments

Hellu said on December 19, 2011 at 9:21 a.m.

OMG stupid magneto, I lose out on my hulk costume because of this BS?!!!

SHOGUN said on December 19, 2011 at 9:21 a.m.

Wow what a shame, watching that alt in motion the other day on that SRK showmatch stream, it looked pretty damn cool. I wonder what they'll use as a replacement.

illness690 said on December 19, 2011 at 9:24 a.m.

Hakansoilbarrel said on December 19, 2011 at 9:25 a.m.

(But...he's...swagneto....)

SHOGUN said on December 19, 2011 at 9:26 a.m.

Oh I know, M. Bison! But most likely it will be a Magneto alt pulled from another comic or another nod to a different Marvel character.

ReverendEnge said on December 19, 2011 at 9:33 a.m.

Who's idea was it to give us that dumb @ss magneto costume? give us an x-men first class alt!!!

Budukai said on December 19, 2011 at 9:36 a.m.

The only one I cared for was the Arther alt. Bummer

Wolfeyes187 said on December 19, 2011 at 9:36 a.m.

Couldnt they just let us dl the taskmaster,hawkeye, dlc pack instead. Now we have to wait even longer for costumes that are already on the disc.

UK_Viz said on December 19, 2011 at 9:38 a.m.

#6... young Magnus? f yes!

madviolence said on December 19, 2011 at 9:39 a.m.

Wouldn't it be great to have and Onslaught inspired costume for Magneto?

J said on December 19, 2011 at 9:43 a.m.

F**k you Spain.

Smorgasboard said on December 19, 2011 at 9:48 a.m.

I look forward to Spencer and She-Hulk alt though.

madviolence said on December 19, 2011 at 9:51 a.m.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Complete Pack will also be delayed.

AnaboliChris said on December 19, 2011 at 10:09 a.m.

Would like to see Onslaught costume for magnus

peroxcide said on December 19, 2011 at 10:26 a.m.

and while your at it, take out that dumbass f**kin x alt for zero and give us the megaman zero alt.......

Oroku_Saki said on December 19, 2011 at 10:34 a.m.

Um, if you have a jtagged system, don't you already have access to the costumes or am I missing something¿ I thought all the costumes were actually on the disc already.

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on December 19, 2011 at 10:34 a.m.

Has anyone had luck playing heroes and heralds online with their friends? If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Sogmor said on December 19, 2011 at 10:35 a.m.

well hell, I wanted Firebrand's and Magneto's both pretty badly.

ZombieTree said on December 19, 2011 at 10:37 a.m.

@ 15

Hear, hear.

cadnexus said on December 19, 2011 at 10:38 a.m.

We should of gotten another costume new pack, like the ones that were for pre-ordered should of been available as a replacement. I didn't like House of M Magneto any ways, I wanted the white suit suit Magneto with no helmet. Like the one we saw that inspired the white color swap.

Mr_Bogard said on December 19, 2011 at 10:40 a.m.

Wow I was really looking forward to that costume. It was the only one I was going to buy.

ArcadeRobot said on December 19, 2011 at 10:59 a.m.

I'm actually glad this happened because mark my words, I'm calling it! Magneto's new / replacement alt WILL be Xorn (^^) http://i44.tinypic.com/6qv3tu.png

ArcadeRobot said on December 19, 2011 at 11:04 a.m.

should have been this one to begine with!! - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xorn

xShonuffx said on December 19, 2011 at 11:10 a.m.

Wow this is sad. I have a feeling they might change it a bit rather than remove it completly.

SHOGUN said on December 19, 2011 at 11:14 a.m.

Haha, Xorn would be cool, but what if the replacement alt turned out to be Lorna Dane aka Polaris!

peroxcide said on December 19, 2011 at 11:15 a.m.

anyone that buys these costumes now are just plain stupid........u might as well wait until they all come out now.

SHOGUN said on December 19, 2011 at 11:16 a.m.
cybertronslash said on December 19, 2011 at 11:21 a.m.

thats crazy because they were playing with magnetos alt on friday the day before SCR

icejohn said on December 19, 2011 at 11:54 a.m.

see if they would of just released all them at very beginning we wouldnt have this problem

DaBakerMann said on December 19, 2011 at 12:06 p.m.

well that sucks! magneto's alt was so sick

DestinyZX1 said on December 19, 2011 at 2:05 p.m.

Wow... didn't see that coming. I wish that the alt Magneto got would be from X-Men First Class... that would be awesome!

Denariax said on December 19, 2011 at 3:05 p.m.

So... Magneto's alt, which was one of the best out there, got cut, and we're probably going to get a shoddy make instead of some movie costume.

Ex_Ein said on December 19, 2011 at 3:15 p.m.

Green Scar is waiting

Ex_Ein said on December 19, 2011 at 3:22 p.m.

For those who are talking about his X-men first class "call me magneto" costume it's basically just the red and black costume he already has if you're talking about the jumps suit with the brown hair and everything I don't want that

Hazzird said on December 19, 2011 at 3:47 p.m.

dont really care that the pack was delayed but they could at least release another one tomorrow in its place..

Eckin said on December 19, 2011 at 4:02 p.m.

wow I switched my teams to better fit mags after checking out that alt, and now this

ffs

VileEighty said on December 19, 2011 at 5:34 p.m.

so salty about this.

P1Jake said on December 19, 2011 at 6:54 p.m.

My Arthur alt. :(

xeraton said on December 19, 2011 at 9:50 p.m.

just curious but how did socal regionals have all the dlc costumes already?

General_Awesomo said on December 19, 2011 at 11 p.m.

@ #15

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Having Mega Man X as Zero's alt is not only disrespectful to X fans, but also to Zero fans too. Zero has so many other alts to choose from.

Give him his MMZ look. It's not that hard to pull it off. Change the Z-Buster to the Buster Shot Gun. And they can't give the excuse that the new Z-Saber couldn't be sheathed on Zero's back (MMZ Z-Saber sheathes on his leg) because the X alt didn't have a sheath either, it just magically appeared out of thin air when attacking!

And what about the X alt? Scrap it and put X in as a playable character already!

mohandu said on December 20, 2011 at 1:33 a.m.
Denariax said on December 20, 2011 at 2:50 a.m.

So they take a pack away, and don't give us one in return.

I'm slightly expecting PS3 to get the Brawler pack early tomorrow. It might be my paranoid cynicism though.

BatBoi said on December 20, 2011 at 3:31 a.m.

If they can remove one costume THAN REMOVE ZERO'S SH--TY X OUTFIT AND PUT THE MEGAMAN ZERO ONE !

toki said on December 20, 2011 at 4:27 a.m.

while I was psyched for his House of M outfit, I'm a fan of the 1602 version of Magneto: