SSFIV AE: Makoto punishment video by Vryu

Posted by Who Is Alpha • August 26, 2011 at 7:04 p.m. PDT
Vryu uploaded a new video onto his YouTube channel showing all the crazy punishments that Makoto can do. He really does a good job showing just how good of a punishing game she has and just how much damage she can create in any situation. If you main Makoto, this video will do wonders for your punishment game. He also makes sure to cover some of the more rarer situations that arise, but its still good to know what to do when the time comes.

Tip sent in by two anonymous users.

Comments

urien said on August 26, 2011 at 7:05 p.m.

vryu is godlike ,but this can only be done by pros.

Oroku_Saki said on August 26, 2011 at 7:10 p.m.

Mankoto and FF VI music, just awesome.
Now all we need is HD video to make our eyes bleed :P

kietbull said on August 26, 2011 at 7:16 p.m.

@1: yes, that's the point

Darkyellow said on August 26, 2011 at 7:22 p.m.

V-Ryu is amazing. Not much else to say about it.

mcfizzle said on August 26, 2011 at 10:01 p.m.

Great vid. Been messing with Makoto lately after seeing some excellent Makoto play in tournaments of late. She does some crazy damage.

Its my experience that if you suck at getting the ex axe kick regular ex dash punch works for the last hit too and much simpler to perform if you don't mind missing out on some damage.

Quezacoatl said on August 26, 2011 at 11:54 p.m.

@1 What exactly in this vid is only possible for pros? This ain't 3s, now those Makoto combos are HARD.

Darkyellow said on August 27, 2011 at 12:02 a.m.

You mean combo. The only hard combo she really has is the 100% stun combo.

SsjBizzle said on August 27, 2011 at 1:05 a.m.

The only Makoto I rly respect <3 the SSF4 Makoto Makoto. (Yea yea, there were more) Good stuff, I gotta use her Anti air more Vs SRK's, I just wait till they land.

Moosh said on August 27, 2011 at 2:26 a.m.

GODDAMN KAFKA

Moosh said on August 27, 2011 at 2:26 a.m.

Or was it Kefka? T_T

shadow050 said on August 27, 2011 at 4:13 a.m.

was that last bonus clip a focus-ultra? O_o

SsjBizzle said on August 27, 2011 at 6:42 a.m.

#12 Nah I was just kidding in my comment. Altho there is still some truth to it, im getting kind of sick of seeing people only pick up a char when they are top tier, what happened to playing with who you like? lol, thats what games are about to me having fun and playing as who I like to play as. Top tiers are fun, but I simply don't enjoy playing certain characters.

Dont get me wrong in a tournament scene id pick top too. But 99% play casual online, it doesn't matter who you pick. He'll I won more with Makoto in super (I sucked) than I did with Akuma or Seth who are better characters. Online it don't matter even against top guys + its free. I know trying 20x as hard as everyone else sucks, but as I mentioned I still won + her playstyle hasn't changed.

SsjBizzle said on August 27, 2011 at 6:48 a.m.

But nah I respect Haitani and other Makoto players too of course, but Vryu is just having fun with a character he likes and deals with her pro's and con's.

Altho in a tournament scene I wouldn't have really bothered too even though she did have some tools imo. More so towards everyone I play. Always the same 5 characters