Super Street Fighter 4 AE DLC trailer and details

Posted by Nyoronoru • April 7, 2011 at 7:57 a.m. PDT
Super Street Fighter 4 AE DLC trailer and details Updated: Details on what's available with this new DLC release have been added into this story. Also, Kotaku.com posted the trailer that was previously removed.

Earlier today, a new trailer officially announcing the upcoming DLC for the console version of Super Street Fighter 4 was posted by ConsoleTech.NET. Inside the trailer they show off brand new features with the replay channel and online play, while confirming Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni will be making their way to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Here's a run down of what was announced in the trailer.

• This will be a DLC (Downloadable Content) release, a disc release was not mentioned.

• The console version will receive a "Supercharged online upgrade."

• The Replay Channel has been enhanced. My Channel now enables you to send your favorite replay data to other players.

• The Elite Channel will let people view plays of players with a PP total of 3,000 or more.

• A Replay Follower will be available, allowing you to track well known players. You can find them via a search.

• Support for additional alternative costumes.

• Character balancing tweaks from the Arcade Edition release.

• The titles you pick are now shown in game, along with BP (Battle Points) and PP (Player Points).

• Versus Battles against regular SSFIV players will also be supported, Capcom states "Get out there and duke it out with the version you like best!"

Contributions to this story by Brillz and DYNASTYLIVE10.

Comments

MALDA said on April 7, 2011 at 7:58 a.m.

MALDA said on April 7, 2011 at 7:58 a.m.

MaximumBlue said on April 7, 2011 at 8 a.m.

FINALLY YES

RedRapperSux said on April 7, 2011 at 8 a.m.

Now this is news. And I am with you on that #2

SilentSoul said on April 7, 2011 at 8:02 a.m.

Finally. *wipes tear* this game just keeps getting better

ViolentDjango said on April 7, 2011 at 8:03 a.m.

Yeaaaahh... no...

Sorry, but there will still be people playing Marvel -- its a different game for people of different tastes, not everyone's going to go back to AE just because.

Side note, I'm totally going to main Oni, he looks awesome.

Hakansoilbarrel said on April 7, 2011 at 8:05 a.m.

(Balance changes first plz. Yun/Yang, I'm looking at you.)

HAKAN IS HEREEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hakansoilbarrel said on April 7, 2011 at 8:05 a.m.

(Oh and price?)

HumblePie said on April 7, 2011 at 8:05 a.m.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! SO HYPE RIGHT NOW

Fireken said on April 7, 2011 at 8:06 a.m.

Yes, can't wait for this

alfarin said on April 7, 2011 at 8:06 a.m.

Took long enough!

eeeealmo said on April 7, 2011 at 8:06 a.m.

neoWhite said on April 7, 2011 at 8:07 a.m.

I hope they add more features than this. Maybe more characters. Lol.

But at least it's coming.

David_I said on April 7, 2011 at 8:07 a.m.

I came o_o

Ferro said on April 7, 2011 at 8:08 a.m.

So let me get this straight... You can choose to use SSF4 Characters still. IE: SSF4 Honda vs SSF4:AE Makoto?

rycexboi said on April 7, 2011 at 8:08 a.m.

Superchage online upgrade?!!?..PLEASE TELL ME THEY IMPROVE THE NETCODE.

RedRapperSux said on April 7, 2011 at 8:10 a.m.

#15 .... ...................................

Disgustipater said on April 7, 2011 at 8:10 a.m.

I'm glad that consoletech.net put their watermark in an inconspicuous place.

ButterKnife said on April 7, 2011 at 8:12 a.m.

Only positive thing I can say is that Evil Ryu's alternate hair looks cool. Reminds me of Conan the Barbarian.

duckmouth said on April 7, 2011 at 8:12 a.m.

The new replay channel looks fantastic. ShinAkuma's job (well, hobby) just got a whole lot easier!

I really hoped for more characters than the four we knew about. I don't really have an interest in playing as any of the four, as I refuse to tier whore or play shoto characters.

Maybe the text about "Total of 4 caharacters as DLC" is a bluff from Capcom? I hope so.

Runninonwater said on April 7, 2011 at 8:13 a.m.

lol WHEEEEEN im so happy right now =D

When is it gonna be released ^^

LightningCannonball said on April 7, 2011 at 8:14 a.m.

that new replay channel stuff is SOOOO NICE!!!

strange that they put so much work in it for AE!
cuz MvC screams for a simple replay mode

geni said on April 7, 2011 at 8:14 a.m.

hpre there is at least two more characters along with the twins oni and e ryu

ViolentDjango said on April 7, 2011 at 8:16 a.m.

Sorry, Marvel 3 is easier than most fighters, but to say it takes absolutely no skill to beat someone who has skill themselves is asinine.

But whatever you say, I respect SSF4 for being a good game, and I respect the people who play it -- I find it a tad annoying and a little frustrating that people segment the community out and try to look down on folks just because they invest in a different game.

ado said on April 7, 2011 at 8:17 a.m.

that replay feature is hot

MALDA said on April 7, 2011 at 8:20 a.m.

OSM said on April 7, 2011 at 8:20 a.m.

I am extremely thankful they kept their word and made this DLC.

FroggyMan77 said on April 7, 2011 at 8:21 a.m.

Well, that's good for the SSFIV players, I guess. And while the AE DLC still doesn't make the game any more appealing for me to play, it will at least make the game more fun to watch, as the 4 AE characters are the only things interesting to me about this game other than Desk and Excellent Adventures.

Now if only ArcSys would get on the ball and formally announce their BBCS2 DLC already. It's already on portable consoles; the arcades don't have the exclusivity anymore. What's the holdup for home console?

x_Who_Is_Alpha said on April 7, 2011 at 8:26 a.m.

Is anyone other than #15 going to comment on how big of a deal being able to pick the SSFIV versions is?

This means you can keep your current main's if they are better in the previous version and still pick the buffed up characters in the next one.

So honda and Guile players don't have to complain anymore.

and

Makoto players can still pick the version of makoto that's actually worth a damn.

Damn shame that the character I use didn't really get too much better so Im just gonna switch mains.

Him said on April 7, 2011 at 8:27 a.m.

People just dont know the DISAPPOINTMENT MvC3 shared to us o.g players. of course people aren't gonna leave MvC3; Where else where all that Tvc experience go to? BlazBlue?

Claymore said on April 7, 2011 at 8:27 a.m.

when will we be able to download it? maybe next week?

TheWrist said on April 7, 2011 at 8:30 a.m.

In before comments reach 100. BTW, even though we all "knew" it was coming, I'm sure as sh!t happy it's official. Now, patch the twins!

rycexboi said on April 7, 2011 at 8:31 a.m.

@15,30 you guys seriously think they are going to allow to use two different version character in the same match?, then what the hell is the point of balance? The tralier probably mean you can go back to previous ssf4, not letting you pick which version of character.

shakaka said on April 7, 2011 at 8:31 a.m.

No further rebalance?

They screwed the balance with this arcade edition....

If dont rebalance it, at least slightly i wont be getting ae, i dont want to see online dominanted by Yun and Yangs (two characters that i find a bore)

goukibuki said on April 7, 2011 at 8:32 a.m.

@30,

I read elsewhere, this will only work for vs mode. Maybe that means offline only? Or in endless battle.

I doubt rank matches will allow characters across different version to duke it out. Just my observation.

ABJitz said on April 7, 2011 at 8:33 a.m.

Hellz yeah!!....Im sorry, Marvel what again?!?! Ha-HAAA!!
Street Fighter is backkk!!

Ferro said on April 7, 2011 at 8:34 a.m.

I dunno what was the point of keep Old Sagat, and the other Old characters in super turbo?

BrawlKarter said on April 7, 2011 at 8:34 a.m.

I don't know but am curious as well.

shakaka said on April 7, 2011 at 8:35 a.m.

And it is funny that they take the meter building out Rose ( a mid tier character with few agressive options),and nerf her ultra almost making it useless, yet they let yun and yang build meter like it is nothing and give every tool imaginable to them in this version.

Sorry Ono op characters dont make the game better, quite the contrary most players like variety, they like seeing Gamerbee winning with Adon or Luffy winning with Rose.

Ae championships will be crowded with Yun, Yang and Fei's, with the ocasional Rufus and Akuma.BORING

x_Who_Is_Alpha said on April 7, 2011 at 8:35 a.m.

@35 Yeah cause they've never done something like that before...

OH WAIT!

I remember playing game called Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo that did that, and everyone picked Old sagat at tournaments over the new one.

mavfan619 said on April 7, 2011 at 8:36 a.m.

I can't wait to be playing both this and MvC3. They are two different entities that can coexist fine, if you dislike Marvel 3 it's one thing but to think it'll be obsolete is naive.

geni said on April 7, 2011 at 8:37 a.m.

lol I am Glad Capcom came out with AE, Now People are not forced to play that piece of $hit MVC3

LordJim said on April 7, 2011 at 8:38 a.m.

@#35
Maybe it will be like Super Turbo?
O. characters or the new versions.

Existent said on April 7, 2011 at 8:38 a.m.

FINALLY.

petey_did_it said on April 7, 2011 at 8:39 a.m.

lollll f*** consoletech

rycexboi said on April 7, 2011 at 8:39 a.m.

@43 your comparing more balanced ssf4 to a 18 year old sf2 game? yeah and that game also had speed settings.

47drift said on April 7, 2011 at 8:41 a.m.

This looks... Expensive.

And four characters? Two being rehashes? Come on now, Capcom.

I dunno about this.

mrdrofficer said on April 7, 2011 at 8:41 a.m.

My work blocks Youtube! Damn public schools! Somebody list the features!

So far I got old & new versions of characters!

How is the new replay channel work? Does it look better?

Does it specifically say ONLY four new characters?

I should have left late today ...

FroggyMan77 said on April 7, 2011 at 8:41 a.m.

@geni

People were never "forced to play MvC3" in the first place. :\

mavfan619 said on April 7, 2011 at 8:41 a.m.

Once more I have to say you can't compare a VS game to a SF game, some players are more dedicated to one or the other, they do not and have never cancelled each other out. People who dislike Marvel 3 probably don't have fun with it, that's cool don't rain on others parades if they enjoy the game though. I can't wait for AE dlc, but I can't also wait for what's in store for Marvel's future as well.

Wardog said on April 7, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.

Sooo, no quick 1v1 mode. they should've brought back Championship mode or a Quick battle mode.. i'm tired of getting kick out for no reason and waiting & watching other players play. No thanks i'll wait on TKxSF, 3s, SFxTK.

nimexicatl said on April 7, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.

Cool...another SF4 iteration. F dat! MK9 and MVC3 FTW! Hell nah I'm not goin back to laggy, mashy, turtlely fighter 4, dawg!

Flashy said on April 7, 2011 at 8:44 a.m.

...'Bout damn time....

Can't wait to play E.Ryu and Oni! d(>_<)b

HighOnPCP said on April 7, 2011 at 8:47 a.m.

meh, now that it's official it's kinda lame 4 new characters and a better replay mode yaaay...i hope they had to write total of 4 because the embargo lifts on the 12th or something and then some more character or stages or SOMETHING will be announced but i think that's all...anyways i'm tired of MvC3 online...i like the game really, but online is soooo bad i almost broke something earlier on and that never happened before i don't know why but i think it's because of lag i can't block BS tactics (deadpool spam und haggar pipe spam) i'm not pullin a DSP either it's really that bad, i live in europe so maybe that's why....anyways i wanna beat someone up really really bad i hope AE will be good

Sethtic said on April 7, 2011 at 8:48 a.m.

Finally!

caruga said on April 7, 2011 at 8:50 a.m.

So still just the twins and the clones? No REAL new characters?

I'm outta here.

goukibuki said on April 7, 2011 at 8:51 a.m.

Yes. Yes sir I would. At a reduced cost of course. What you may not cosider download worthy, I may find quite worthy of my hard-earned cash.

Different stroke for different folks.

smokey said on April 7, 2011 at 8:52 a.m.

Since MvC3 came out, I've fought less Hadokens that when I got SF2Turbo on xmas day '93...

I liked E-Honda :)

RandomJohn said on April 7, 2011 at 8:52 a.m.

Well it's good news that it's a DLC and not another disc. I kinda don't want another disc for the same freaking game haha. However, it decreases the chance of having more characters added to the current revealed roster. I'm not ruling it out completely. However, DLC usually means there aren't enough additions or memory to warrant an additional disc. We'll just have to wait and see.

gtfopanda said on April 7, 2011 at 8:52 a.m.

No way you'll be able to pick your favourite version, what would then be the point of balancing the game?

My take is that you can play against SSF4 users with Yun, Yang, Oni and Evil Ryu, but for all the other characters, you gotta stick with the SSF4 version.

Hope this won't cost more than 1400 points, any idea about the price?

geni said on April 7, 2011 at 8:53 a.m.

yeah some people have good points, we act like its a brand new game but its the Same game pretty much. its funny when you think about it, because we basically bought the same game twice already. and we are about to do it again. man Capcom has so many fan boys in their pockets

Quezacoatl said on April 7, 2011 at 8:54 a.m.

Sexy trailer is sexy.

Hmm the Super vs AE is weird. Super Guile vs AE Hakan? Super Rose vs AE Ken? That would be nice.

RandomJohn said on April 7, 2011 at 8:55 a.m.

On another note, what did they mean when they stated "duke it out with the version you like best?" Are they designing it like HD Remix where you get to choose to play HD's version of a character or Super's version?

BrawlKarter said on April 7, 2011 at 8:56 a.m.

Good luck playing the "Clones" just like their original versions, I'm sure you'll do great.............

Quezacoatl said on April 7, 2011 at 8:56 a.m.

LOL it just got deleted. Hope someone saved it, was about to listen to Ryu murmur again.

mrdrofficer said on April 7, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.

@ Strider

You realize by saying you haven't touched SSFIV in months because you just want a stronger Makoto and new characters you are backing up the stereotypes of a Marvel player needing OP characters so they can beat players to stroke their ego and be loud and obnoxious?

SSFIV is a great mental game that, if you know what your looking for isn't slow at all. It may not have constant explosions like Marvel but if that's what you need your missing out on the best part of the fighting genre, the constant strategy.

Massive-disapproving-finger-wag at everyone who says they wouldn't buy this. Comparably, this is one of cheapest sports out there. IF you bought all the gear to play JUST hockey you would be out hundreds of dollars in the least and you still wouldn't get to fight Gretzky. To answer your question I would buy this if it was just balancing. This is the greatest scene of any video game and I would buy any update for any of their games they put out, not because I'm a Capcom whore, but because I love the game and I always want to stay up-to-date.

Hell, I've been saying we should get yearly updates for life. If Madden can do it, SF definitely can. We're damn a million-strong people!

smok3yhaze2 said on April 7, 2011 at 8:58 a.m.

Yes E. Ryu :D

Yogimanz said on April 7, 2011 at 8:58 a.m.

I am so hyped about this but i would be even more happy to hear a PC realse date!

Come on Ono masses are waiting!

Kalyx_triaD said on April 7, 2011 at 8:59 a.m.

I remember telling a friend that gamers went from console wars to franchise wars. Both eras are pathetic.

Don't look down on other players for playing a different game. And don't pompously announce "as fact" that one game will kill the other. SSF4 didn't go anywhere when MvC3 dropped and MvC3 will go nowhere when SSF4AE drops. Far as I know both games had concurrent streams and tournies - this is fact. Not the 'my opinions are facts' crap online usernames love to use.

MvC3 takes skill. So does SSF4. Which one takes more skill is a pointless debate for people with too much time on their hands. Don't worry about what people play and value more. It's pathetic.

Hafucken said on April 7, 2011 at 9:01 a.m.

Dear god, They meant that you can play against people who DONT have the AE DLC. not that you can choose between version.

people without AE will get balanced but cant choose the new characters until you buy the AE, regardless they can play with people who do have AE.

SHOGUN said on April 7, 2011 at 9:01 a.m.

video got pulled thanks to the Capcops. What did I miss?

Kelgar said on April 7, 2011 at 9:01 a.m.

I hope there is still room for minor fixes. My first concern is Chun's U1 glitch.
The new replay features look really good, but I hope you can save your offline matches too

Yogimanz said on April 7, 2011 at 9:02 a.m.

haha already capcom took over ... video unwatchable

duckmouth said on April 7, 2011 at 9:02 a.m.

Aren't Eventhubs breaking Capcom's embargo by posting this? I imagine the big cheeses at Capcom won't be pleased.

bempssf4 said on April 7, 2011 at 9:02 a.m.

Links?

mrdrofficer said on April 7, 2011 at 9:03 a.m.

If anybody needs the download

Suppy18 said on April 7, 2011 at 9:03 a.m.

Video taken down by Capcom! is this fake or real and was leaked?
btw, i already went back to ssf4 lol marvel isnt for me. i like to "keep it classy"
Marvel is fun tho but totally different play style and different game. ssf4 is more my taste

NINJA said on April 7, 2011 at 9:04 a.m.

FINALLY.

Let's all be honest, SSFIV > MvC. Period
People bitch about the game, it has huge flaws... But there's no hype like SSFIV.

Now just give us a surprise character, like Rolento.

mrdrofficer said on April 7, 2011 at 9:04 a.m.

Sorry Capcom.

Plus, I think we should all remember this is that Tech sites interpretation of the DLC and, since their not fighting game savvy, they probably didn't think this would be a big deal that people would seek out. Expect more info from your friendly neighborhood Capcom representative shortly.

Ferro said on April 7, 2011 at 9:05 a.m.

@75 The trailer said "Choose your favorite version"

To me anyway, it implys that one pick either version of the character at will.

Dr_Robotnik said on April 7, 2011 at 9:07 a.m.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

this is the greatest thing that's happened to me since super street fighter 4 came out!

bempssf4 said on April 7, 2011 at 9:08 a.m.

I'd rather have Seth with more health and stun so it's useless to me.

Mr_Clack said on April 7, 2011 at 9:10 a.m.

thank me or i never do this again!!!!

RandomJohn said on April 7, 2011 at 9:10 a.m.

I forgot to add that means Daigo can switch between Super's Ryu and Yun in tourneys. Or jwong between Rufus and Yang depending what's the match up like. In Tokido's case, he'll play Super's Akuma rather than AE's Akuma since ultra 2 and other buffs are not that big of a deal. Gief players will probably play Super's version because of his change for his EX green hands. Super's Cammy will be the preferred choice b/c of her tiger knee dive kick. I can go on but he know what I'm talking about.

mrdrofficer said on April 7, 2011 at 9:11 a.m.

Did you just use my upload Mr.Clack?

You're welcome.

RandomJohn said on April 7, 2011 at 9:14 a.m.

omg, I watched it 5 minutes ago and now it's taken down by Capcom's Capcops haha. I didn't realize it until I saw someone's post. Whatever, it was leaked like two weeks ago saying DLC AE was rated in Europe, therefore, it was announced to the European game rating authorities or agency to release it to console.

Mr_Clack said on April 7, 2011 at 9:15 a.m.

...

jhayze said on April 7, 2011 at 9:16 a.m.

and the whole online community will be filled by a lot of overpowered god tier yun, yung, makoto, fei long, next to a lot of sagat, oni, evil

was i surprised about this news? no.
am i happy that its coming to consoles? yes.

SethGravijah said on April 7, 2011 at 9:16 a.m.

video removed :(

Yet : wtf ? instead of making a fine rebalance, they give choice between super version or AE version ?

But WAIT !

This is the stupidest thing I have EVER read !
If some chars was to be nerfed there was some f** reasons !!

No talking about the silly yun, and the fact that we'll have to know now 80 different versus.

Stop drugs @ CAPCOM, please !

ismail90 said on April 7, 2011 at 9:17 a.m.

Cheers!

Sektah84 said on April 7, 2011 at 9:18 a.m.

Lol at mvc3 retire. That aint happening. All this added was 2 old characters remixed and yun/yang. I was hoping for at least 2 new characters.

Pancho said on April 7, 2011 at 9:20 a.m.

check the trailer here, if u missed it

Suppy18 said on April 7, 2011 at 9:20 a.m.

Thanx @Mr_Clack !

Mr_Clack said on April 7, 2011 at 9:23 a.m.

@ 96

2 new characters? That takes effort. Capcom doesnt like to do that. Look at Hakan and Juri. All that effort for nothing. Nobody uses them often.

Sektah84 said on April 7, 2011 at 9:25 a.m.

@99 cause hakan sucks at least yuri is decent.

mrdrofficer said on April 7, 2011 at 9:25 a.m.

Love this.

If they were to add one more character, follow me here ...

EAGLE.

1. He could fight with the other brits of Dudley, Cammy.

2. You could have a gentleman fight with Dudley.

3. He has a weapon so you could have weapon fights with Vega.

4. He's only been playable in ONE game almost ten years ago so he's both an old characters for fans and a NEW character for 90 percent of everyone else.

PERFECT CHARACTER !!!!!

Cough ** Oro, Birdie(Hakan-intro version) and Poison **

thepurist said on April 7, 2011 at 9:25 a.m.

Thanks mate, you're awesome !!

jhayze said on April 7, 2011 at 9:26 a.m.

i was just wondering...

since its coming out now on the consoles...

will this be ruining or killing the arcade scene!??

mrdrofficer said on April 7, 2011 at 9:26 a.m.

And Eagle would satisfy all the Rolento-fans!

PERFECT CHARACTER.