Release dates, prices announced for new Super Street Fighter 4 costumes

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • September 30, 2010 at 11:10 p.m. PDT
Capcom posted the release dates, prices and a few screens for the new Super Street Fighter 4 costume packs. Unlike the last time they released new outfits for the characters — these are going to be spread over quite a few months.

Unless otherwise noted, each costume pack will cost 320 Microsoft points or $4 USD each.

• Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, Dee Jay — Oct. 26, 2010

• Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan — Nov. 2, 2010

• Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy — Nov. 16, 2010

• Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T. Hawk — Dec. 21, 2010

• Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte — Janurary. 18, 2011

• Balrog, Vega, Sagat, M. Bison, Seth — Feb. 15, 2011

• Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen — March 15, 2011

• All 35 new costumes — April 26, 2011, 1,440 Microsoft points, or $18.00 USD

Here's another look at some of the costumes you've seen before.

Click images for larger versions

You can find lower quality screen captures showing these new alt. costumes, as well as a bunch of concept artwork as well.

On a completely unrelated note, Capcom announced that the winner of the 2nd online GodsGarden SSF4 tournament will win a special in-game title.

Source: Capcom Japan's SSF4 site and Yoshinori's Twitter.

Comments

Fightingfan69 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:19 p.m.

what the hell Gen and Fei costumes not till March?!?! that's ludicrous! and others are nearly a month apart. What's that all about?

yflow said on September 30, 2010 at 11:20 p.m.

I couldn't justify paying for online clothes to myself, but the Ryu one is amazing.

Also, some of the release dates for the early months (January, February, etc.) have 2010 listed in the post.

JumpMan33 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:21 p.m.

I don't really get what they are trying to do by releasing them within a 5 month span. Maybe they're trying to keep casuals players interested in the game or something.

denaycous_dee85 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:21 p.m.

my favorite characters...such along way 2 get my costumes......mayb iL wait & get the full character package--no rush in getting these costumes when they come out..

denaycous_dee85 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:24 p.m.

besides mvc3 right around the corner---OH YEA BLACK OPS

Hayate1984 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:25 p.m.

People will play MvC3 by the time some of the costumes are released.

Just release all of them together for gods sake.

BlackHart said on September 30, 2010 at 11:25 p.m.

what da flying F***???

fa real CAPCOM???

denaycous_dee85 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:26 p.m.

iL wait till april...im not that thrilled

NaokiB4U said on September 30, 2010 at 11:27 p.m.

I may buy the first one just so i can get Hakan's new one. Then after that i'll wait most likely. Id rather pay for a patch....

DjKyuubiRyu said on September 30, 2010 at 11:28 p.m.

I radar get the map packs or Black Ops or a DLC character then this

tokyobassist said on September 30, 2010 at 11:30 p.m.

$28 or $18 for patient people.

Nice crack prices Capcom...

Catalyst said on September 30, 2010 at 11:31 p.m.

Might just be a coincidence, but the complete costume pack hits on April 26th, 2011. SSF4 was released on April 27, 2010 "officially" in America.

JrockEclipse said on September 30, 2010 at 11:32 p.m.

I'll wait for April 26, 2010. They didn't do such a great job on the new alts... a big let down.. I think they should look at the fan art ideas. Some real good ones I saw didn't made the cut which was upsetting.

denaycous_dee85 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:33 p.m.

fanboys by all meenss.....theres other games coming out.....y not release them all..... iL probably forget this dlc & when i do buy this there will probably have another set of costumes out---i give up--i still have love & faith for capcom...just hurry it up before i fall asleep

Rodeoman said on September 30, 2010 at 11:42 p.m.

Yea I was really hoping they didn't do this crap this time around but I guess, I don't mind paying for costumes if I want them but this formula of releasing them is getting real old real quick.

ScytheWP said on September 30, 2010 at 11:43 p.m.

Oh thank you. I can finally pick up Hakan's costume, but have to wait for 5 months for Balrog. This sucks

Wardog said on September 30, 2010 at 11:47 p.m.

I'M sorry, i won't be getting these no time soon. be too busy playing Gears 3 in april. sorry capcom

Jakulagi said on September 30, 2010 at 11:51 p.m.

doesn't anyone think that hakan's costume is dumb because when he oil ups; he's basically fcuking up his clothes?

Zangief886 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:54 p.m.

DAMNIT! I DON'T WANNA WAIT UNTIL APRIL TO GET THEM!

denaycous_dee85 said on September 30, 2010 at 11:55 p.m.

intriguing....he ll b a oily mess...& would b kinda 2 hard 2 fight with saggy oily cloths

Mabans said on October 1, 2010 at 12:03 a.m.

I hate Cody's current alt costume, too Jersey shore for me. I do LOVE the county jump suit.. Can't wait for that.

Mr_Clack said on October 1, 2010 at 12:04 a.m.

Rather have the AE patch than the costumes.

The_Barry_Gibb_Talk_Show said on October 1, 2010 at 12:14 a.m.

Frick if CAP is gunna spread these out so many months then at least start us off with a good pack rather than one with characters that nobody plays. Also, because all the costumes won't be out till March, this means that the AE patch won't come to console for a loooooooooooong time.

Catalyst said on October 1, 2010 at 12:17 a.m.

@denaycous_dee85

You're giving a bit too much info in your comments. Clean them up just a bit, please.

SakuraFan said on October 1, 2010 at 12:18 a.m.

so far away :S

denaycous_dee85 said on October 1, 2010 at 12:27 a.m.

just tryna catch a boner-thats all capcom........cant even get a heart beat out of these release dates..........nor these costumes...sorry yall

numberviz3r0 said on October 1, 2010 at 12:28 a.m.

I don't know if it's just me... But doesn't Makoto remind anyone else of Tatsuki from Bleach? LOL XP But grrr... Such a long wait until it I can get them all... =| I probably would be hooked on MvC3 around then too. o.o

denaycous_dee85 said on October 1, 2010 at 12:30 a.m.

damn comment was removed-just my opinion

denaycous_dee85 said on October 1, 2010 at 12:36 a.m.

y couldn't HAKAN be an oil wrestling chick....jus think about it..a nice shiny oiled up red plump @ss...zangief & ehonda & el fuerte would be pleased....i gotta clean myself up..sry

yielder said on October 1, 2010 at 12:37 a.m.

really irritating release dates...

why do that to your fans when everyone knows they're already on the disc or finished and done elsewhere.

At least make them all the same price, not more if you buy them individually, kill the incentive to buy all of them in April for cheaper, please...

denaycous_dee85 said on October 1, 2010 at 12:45 a.m.

do these comments & opinions even matter 2 capcom????just making sure-ANSWERS

Ex_Ein said on October 1, 2010 at 12:45 a.m.
kirbykirbykirby said on October 1, 2010 at 12:46 a.m.

Capcom is trying to hype us up like if we are getting new characters as dlc. Wow imagine the 2 new arcade guys how long we would have to wait for they can be on consoles.

dondb said on October 1, 2010 at 12:49 a.m.

Ryu does like pretty badass but I'm not gonna get any of these. I love the game but it is getting a bit stale. I'll spend my money on new games and get to see the costumes when other people buy them.

Sektor said on October 1, 2010 at 12:53 a.m.

Is this a f-cking joke?

April?!

Stop doing this with the costumes Capcom! They are ready so release them already.
F-ck. Someone needs to seriously stop this.

Lets do some protest or something. It's impossible to keep having this delay. Half an year to have all the costumes out.

balmung55 said on October 1, 2010 at 12:56 a.m.

this pretty much confirms new characters late next year

Xerym said on October 1, 2010 at 1:04 a.m.

HOLY CRAP IS THAT REAL

ScytheWP said on October 1, 2010 at 1:09 a.m.

@ 32 (EX_Ein)

I would absolutely love Urien! But...it says Dhalsim in that picture, and Dhalsim clearly isn't there. Considering the extreme pixilation around Urien's body...I'm very, very skeptical about this.

Catalyst said on October 1, 2010 at 1:10 a.m.

The Urien image is fake. It was a Photoshopped image that showed up a ways back. Sorry gang, it's not real.

othawize said on October 1, 2010 at 1:10 a.m.

this wasnt too fun the first time around, so as much as i like the new costumes and creativity, I cant keep this up.
April? really? ....
Doesnt MVC3 come out around then?
As much as I love SSFIV, 6 months is a long time and I cant see my self still being interested in costumes at that time

ScytheWP said on October 1, 2010 at 1:13 a.m.

To continue...

I just realized, it was posted by someone named URIEN_FOR_SSF4. "looks good, doesn't it?" is also a pretty nice way of saying that this is 100% fake

SoundwaveButcher said on October 1, 2010 at 1:14 a.m.

the alts will all come at the same time as arcade edition in april,soo basically we getting them early as hey are the costumes for the new patch.

joker101 said on October 1, 2010 at 1:16 a.m.

They do this to keep interest in the game as high as possible for as long as possible and because they know you're going to buy them, whenever they come out, and you will get over it no matter how much you whine.

WinstonChurchill said on October 1, 2010 at 1:41 a.m.

Hopefully this will pay for championship mode :)

Triforce said on October 1, 2010 at 2 a.m.

That was proven fake before Guy, Cody, and Adon were announced, it's this Urien figure:

hoocem said on October 1, 2010 at 2:04 a.m.

I baught SF4 and SSF4 for both Xbox and PS3 and all the costume packs seperately for both consoles but now enough is enough this game already cost me too much...
I'll just pick the costumes of my mains for the xbox

BeastTD said on October 1, 2010 at 2:17 a.m.

wow really gotta wait till april for the full pack. ima b playing mvc3 at tht time

BeastTD said on October 1, 2010 at 2:20 a.m.

aww man and ken is in the 2nd pack NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hopefully i can be patient like i have been

J said on October 1, 2010 at 2:23 a.m.

APRIL?!

That's a looooong way ahead. :(

VanCityPlayboy said on October 1, 2010 at 2:32 a.m.

April, at least St Patrick's Day? Capcom has some serious ass issues, this is f'ed up bullsh1t

Mr_Clack said on October 1, 2010 at 2:57 a.m.

Look how sly Capcom is.

We get 2 packs in about a week (YAY more please)
Then we wait 2 weeks (Hey, 2weeks isnt that bad)
1monthL8r we get another(A month!? Better L8r than never!)
Then monthly(Hey at least it's not 2months!)

Nice teasing Capcom...nice...

BTW if you are smart DO NOT get the 1st batch of new 3DS! Nintendo ALWAYS upgrades within a year!

SAMURAI said on October 1, 2010 at 3:22 a.m.

April?? Common Capcom, just sell the whole thing now, we don't want to wait!

VanCityPlayboy said on October 1, 2010 at 3:26 a.m.

^exactly SAMURAI just sell the whole damn thing, that is way too long

KDash said on October 1, 2010 at 3:32 a.m.

This is stupid.... Very stupid. When MvC3 comes out all the casual scrubs will move on no matter what. they should release them all week by week.

Fix this, Capcom. For the sake of your sales, if not for the fans and hardcore street fighters.

Hakansoilbarrel said on October 1, 2010 at 4:07 a.m.

Looks like I am first up, eh? I normally do not wrestle in my 'street' clothes, but, well - I am a Street Fighter now!

(BTW last time the complete costume pack came out, new costumes were announced shortly during/after. I say an announcement is going to be made when the complete pack comes out(DLC Chars/Darkstalkers/Something from left field...?). I just really hope we get DLC fighters before mid next year.)

DeadlyMoves said on October 1, 2010 at 4:13 a.m.

So at 1st we get one pack a week.(Awesome)
Then we get one pack every two weeks.(Reasonable)
Now there spread over a period of 5 months?! Who the hell had that crappy idea?! Who ever he is, needs fireing!

Daedus said on October 1, 2010 at 4:31 a.m.

November can't come soon enough.

jhayze said on October 1, 2010 at 4:43 a.m.

april 2011 for the whole pack!?!
wtf! thats a long wait for me! *sigh*

KenScrub said on October 1, 2010 at 4:48 a.m.

really....from oct to march....they are gonna spreed them out that FAR. But thb ones I really want are in nov anyway but I like getting most of them and march just for all of them kind of really FAR away.

Also at those QQing about prices LOL. I remember when everyone was QQing about the prices of BB characters and I tired saying well at least its a character unlike the higher prices for only a costumes change in SSFIV. People would just defend it saying "you don't have to buy it" and I said your all just gonna cry about the costumes later on and you just say the same thing. All I am gonna say here is......I TOLD YOU SO!

MrPavy said on October 1, 2010 at 5:26 a.m.

i think makoto and guy are based on anime characters if im not mistaken

bloodstorm_xl said on October 1, 2010 at 5:33 a.m.

Though I dont play her that often and her costume is unoriginal considering this will be the third school girl costume.....Makoto's new alternate is leaps and bounds better than her "farming" alternate.

However, I dont understand why Capcom would have us wait so long when the costumes are all done. Its a bit of a stretch as this could have been completed alot sooner than over a 5 months span. I want Chun Li's alternate, but not sure if I want to get it now or later once the whole 35 of them are bundled.

rycexboi said on October 1, 2010 at 5:33 a.m.

Lol half the price of the game for all the costumes, gg

SethGravijah said on October 1, 2010 at 5:39 a.m.

Another stupidity by CAPCOM executives yeah ! [applauz]

Some people should really buy a brain. They do every possible thing to bore their fans. That's brilliant.

tidestick said on October 1, 2010 at 5:43 a.m.

See thats why they charged you forty bucks for the game so you can spend 20 more to get costume packs and another twenty and another twenty

whitey_deluca said on October 1, 2010 at 5:45 a.m.

Looks like Makoto pulled a hammy.

irrenmann said on October 1, 2010 at 6:11 a.m.

Some factor I don't know about must be responsible for the release schedule (is it possible they aren't entirely finished?), because from a sales perspective, it doesn't seem to be a very good idea in and of itself.

The long stretch over which they are released seems as if it would make customers much more likely to wait for the pack of 35.

I feel like most of us who want the costumes would pay full price for them all up front. It's too bad that isn't offered.

Kurow said on October 1, 2010 at 6:17 a.m.

I'm the only one that think that these costumes are just too expensive?...

Street Fighter IV: $60.00
Costumes Packs 1: $30.00
Super Street Fighter IV: $40.00
Costumes Packs 2: $18.00 (if you got the "special offer")
Costumes Packs 3: $18.00
Total: $166.00

Too much money for just costumes Capcom! The sad part is that 2 of the 3 costumes packs are already on the disc...

I still waiting for a weekly offer for all costumes pack 2 for $10.00 or less ¬.¬

THE_GODDAMN_MASTER said on October 1, 2010 at 6:35 a.m.

Oh wow.
Makoto in a schoolgirl outfit that's frikkin' IDENTICAL to Ibuki's!
CAPCOM just keeps pulling out all the stops in terms of creativity!

shadow050 said on October 1, 2010 at 7:05 a.m.

making me wait for the new vega alt until feb 2011 is NOT beautiful at all!

Justinbehungry said on October 1, 2010 at 7:19 a.m.

well, darn.
=/

PSNmignon15 said on October 1, 2010 at 7:27 a.m.

Wish they had shown a better picture of Viper's new outfit...

CONSTvariable23 said on October 1, 2010 at 7:32 a.m.

Dudley looks great.

shichi said on October 1, 2010 at 7:34 a.m.

Sadly I don't know if I'll be playing SSF4 by the time all these costumes are out. I'm pretty sure this is their way of trying to keep people interested in the game.

Agonised said on October 1, 2010 at 7:37 a.m.

Do we get a discount for the first SSF4 complete pack?

werewolfgold said on October 1, 2010 at 7:50 a.m.

Pfft. We got a discount on the SF4 costumes for like a random week. I wouldn't put my life on it. But, they may do it for SSF4.

othawize said on October 1, 2010 at 8:30 a.m.

More costumes, yay!!!!
Just in time for NEXT Halloween!

DumbDLC said on October 1, 2010 at 8:49 a.m.

this is a rip off and lame

Cinderkin said on October 1, 2010 at 8:58 a.m.

I have to wait till 3 days after my B-day NEXT YEAR to get all the costumes at a discount? ARE THEY SERIOUS!!!!!

Capcom better come to their senses quick. This crap has to be a joke.

MikeDanger said on October 1, 2010 at 10:14 a.m.

what's the point of Dan's Alt? he just has a mask of his dad on the side and nothing else. big wuup! I thought he was gonna appear looking like his dad.

Hrm said on October 1, 2010 at 10:40 a.m.

Gentleman Dudley is definitely one of my favs here.

Sektor said on October 1, 2010 at 10:42 a.m.

I think these costumes are so expensive because they will probably still work with SF5... 6... etc.

Sober_Soldier said on October 1, 2010 at 10:56 a.m.

Ooooh snap! Makoto in her casual school girl uniform? Effing yeah!

Also, for those who don't know most of the of the costumes Capcom has been releasing are from drawings that are pretty old! Makoto's school uniform is from almost 1997(Artist: Kinu Nishimura-For a review column) and Ryu's second alt is from an multiple old Capcom new years anniversary cards/gifts. If you get The Art of Street fighter book you'll find allot of art on where the costumes originated from. :D

http://www.amazon.com/SF20-Art-Street... Here's a link if you wish to purchase this great book.

SteadiestShark said on October 1, 2010 at 11:10 a.m.

Greeeat, so now all of these Ryu users can pretend they're gangsta in-game too...

Ex_Ein said on October 1, 2010 at 11:21 a.m.

The only reason i posted that image is cause Ono response to it wasn't that the image was fake just 'what is that'

Sakura said on October 1, 2010 at 11:40 a.m.

@86 Sektor: No...just no...

Ex_Ein said on October 1, 2010 at 11:58 a.m.

I'm really hoping for a 5 announced at the tgs before SFxT's release

Sektor said on October 1, 2010 at 12:46 p.m.

@Sakura

Of course they will.

Rave_Zero said on October 1, 2010 at 1:09 p.m.

Now you know when you can expect a SSF4-ARCADE-content-DLC (March 15, 2011 or later...)

SF2FOREVER said on October 1, 2010 at 1:43 p.m.

WHY ONLY 35 COSTUMES? WHAT BOUT THE NEW CHARACTERS FOR THE ARCADE EDITION? That means ppl have to pay more for the other characters? I thought there were a dL for both.

I only got the first set, for $6.00, Don't have the 2nd unless it's 6 bucks again.

Blaidd said on October 1, 2010 at 2:26 p.m.

Looking back at the concept art, I just realized something about Fei-Long's alt.

Blaidd said on October 1, 2010 at 2:30 p.m.

Also, Dudley's looks very much like how Chris Eubanks dressed. I guess capcom decided to give them costumes based on who they are based on.

OhYouDontSayThat said on October 1, 2010 at 4:16 p.m.

april? i never thought i'd say this but: f*ck u capcom

DarkCyclone said on October 1, 2010 at 5:22 p.m.

That's unfortunate. Most likely I'd quit playing SSF4 before my main's alt is released. I don't get why they don't just release them all at once and SELL THEM SEPARATELY. I wont scratch my head over it though, I'll be too busy playing Black Ops and FIFA 11 to care

juanrock said on October 1, 2010 at 5:42 p.m.

@71 identical? what did you somke? the two uniforms are completly diferent.

i think makoto looks great in that outfit, thw whole pack is really cool, i think im gonna get it

Jakulagi said on October 1, 2010 at 6:24 p.m.

100!

denaycous_dee85 said on October 1, 2010 at 7:17 p.m.

#101 F#$K U.......We still gotta wait 4 these costumes....el fuerte 4 mvc3.............rmika 4 ssf4......iL do it........ iL sell all my capcom games & never buy new 1s again.......................NAH THE HELL IM SAYING..........capcom u got me wrapped-----------U B@STA&D$

Lets_Fight_Like_Gentlemen said on October 1, 2010 at 9:48 p.m.

It's a good thing Super isn't about the costumes or else Capcom would lose a lot of fans.

That Dudley outfit is quite delicious though.

Raven said on October 1, 2010 at 11:17 p.m.

Dudley is amazing....I'm really liking him. :)

Also, costumes always look better in game....these aren't terrible at all and they represent the culture of each character.

If you don't like the price...then don't buy it, lol.

I mainly want the costumes for Zangief/Dudley/Possibly Balrog.

denaycous_dee85 said on October 1, 2010 at 11:29 p.m.

F#$K THAT GUY REMOVING MY COMMENTS-----elf man-FTW

denaycous_dee85 said on October 1, 2010 at 11:31 p.m.

now im 101#-----U FOOLS--WERES THE REAL 101#