'Considerable' changes made to Super Street Fighter 4 arcade, new alts.

Posted by Catalyst
September 10, 2010 at 3 a.m. PDT
Update: Over on the official Japanese Super Street Fighter 4 blog, translated by Andria Sang, they mentioned again that Super Street Fighter 4's arcade version is about to see a second location test this weekend, and while they did not confirm new characters will be added to the game, they did say it has changed 'considerably'.

Although there's no doubt that Capcom will be adding new characters at this point, it's been stated by a few staff members that there's more in store for SSF4 besides these additional fighters. A little ways back, Yoshinori Ono mentioned in an interview with Famitsu that Super Street Fighter 4 could receive new moves and other things via DLC, but if Capcom were to go this route, it seems likely they'd incorporate this stuff into the arcade release as well.

The current blog entry goes on to say that the new DLC costumes will be shown running on actual hardware at the Tokyo Game Show, and that Capcom will be announcing future developments for the console version of SSF4 there as well — but this could simply be another reference to the outfits again.

Speaking of outfits, Ono posted new concept sketches for Ryu, Cammy, Chun-Li and Juri showcasing their new attire.

Click images for larger versions

You can see the other older costumes revealed here.

Thanks to a number of readers for sending in this tip.

Comments

D_Lemon said on September 9, 2010 at 10:19 p.m.

First.

So I was sitting here trying to come up with a clever, salty comment to express how wack Cammy's is...

And then I was like "aaahhh hell, actually it's pretty cool".

cuzzo said on September 9, 2010 at 10:22 p.m.

wow.. IDK what to say about Cammy's but Chun's was a given

VegaSota said on September 9, 2010 at 10:28 p.m.

who the hell is coming up with ideas for cammy!??!! i mean what the hell is thatt!!! jeezz

chun and juri are well done!

imAlchemist said on September 9, 2010 at 10:29 p.m.

Wow...

As said this once more before and I'll say it again. Fail more, Capcom.

Although, it's about time they gave us Chun-Li's Alpha outfit.

Mimiru said on September 9, 2010 at 10:29 p.m.

Sigh

Catalyst said on September 9, 2010 at 10:30 p.m.

BTW, if you sent in a tip about this or the MvC3 trailer story... I had over 100 emails and crediting every single one of you would... be a bit difficult, so I just credited this to the readers as a whole.

I really appreciate you taking the time to send these in. You guys are awesome.

Triforce said on September 9, 2010 at 10:35 p.m.

In the heat of all these reveals, someone see if anything slips out of Ono's mouth by asking, "How does (unrevealed character)'s alt look?" XD

DarkDiscyple said on September 9, 2010 at 10:35 p.m.

Do the barefoot Chun thing. That would be godlike.

Cammy is horrible and Juri is so-so.

R4HU1 said on September 9, 2010 at 10:41 p.m.

I want to do things to Cammy.

Have wanted to do things to Chun Li.

Now if Juri can get rid of those purple lines under the belt, we'll talk.

=D

M_Bison said on September 9, 2010 at 10:46 p.m.

Cammy's catwoman costume doesn't look right. I like the spider design on Juri's new alt more than the spider design on her original costume.
Good to see capcom is listening to the fans regarding Chun's alpha alt. Now if only capcom will listen to what us bison fan wants. GIVE US HIS DAMN CAPE ALREADY

Devil said on September 9, 2010 at 10:48 p.m.

Juri's second alt is so much better than her's first.
I like Cammy's. She has pants, yay!
And I am disappointed at Chun Li's new alt. Capcom should had used a new design instead of using an old one. Oh well.

topdawg122 said on September 9, 2010 at 10:50 p.m.

Oh cammy no! I usually don't complain, but for real she don't have one decent alt

ShadowNinja215 said on September 9, 2010 at 10:50 p.m.

I would've preferred Cammy's Robin Hood concept as her alternate costume.

bigboss5050 said on September 9, 2010 at 10:57 p.m.

I'm super psyched about Chun's alpha. Been waiting for that one for awhile. Also really like Juri's. Pretty cool. Cammy's is pretty meh, but I originally disliked her Bison costume but that grew on me, so we'll see. Maybe the other colors will look nicer

TheCreator said on September 9, 2010 at 10:57 p.m.

Yeah barefoot chun for the win

SurgeFist said on September 9, 2010 at 10:58 p.m.

Im glad Alpha Chun Li arrived she looks awesome! Im glad that's in rather than another disaster like her 2nd clownish alt.

KenScrub said on September 9, 2010 at 11:02 p.m.

Chun li one is nice but the other 2 are fail. fail capcom is fail.

Soren said on September 9, 2010 at 11:11 p.m.

Juri's is better than her first one but only marginally. So-so, as one commentator put it.

jackpot69 said on September 9, 2010 at 11:15 p.m.

Chun - li alt > Good

Juri alt > not so bad

Cammy alt > some Fired the designer

gluemchen said on September 9, 2010 at 11:16 p.m.

I like Juri new costume. But cammy is utter fail. Where is her alpha costume? http://javs.it/wp-content/blogs.dir/1...

JohnJohnson said on September 9, 2010 at 11:20 p.m.

Is everyone dense or something? Cammy in a Cat-women costume is freaking awesome. All we need is Ken as Batman and we're set to go (Although I do understand why someone would want the KillerBee outfit)

I do like the Juri one, way better then the first one. I am surprised no one has said that Chun looks like she had 4 kids in her concept art though.

LearningFast said on September 9, 2010 at 11:24 p.m.

Pick the other outfits capcom stop being greedy and give us the good ones my god capcom

BlackHart said on September 9, 2010 at 11:25 p.m.

Chun-li gotta phat @ss.

Paine said on September 9, 2010 at 11:25 p.m.

Ryu from the hood.

Don't quote me boy cause I ain't said shiiiiii

SteadiestShark said on September 9, 2010 at 11:27 p.m.

God dammit. I wanted the casual Ryu one with the blue jeans and sleaveless coat thing.

gluemchen said on September 9, 2010 at 11:30 p.m.

To things could get any worse. Ryu new costume http://p.twipple.jp/DUKEp
This is a disaster. I`d prefer the casual ryu in the SFII V animation series with his blue jeans and shirt.

MALDA said on September 9, 2010 at 11:34 p.m.

BlankaBeast said on September 9, 2010 at 11:34 p.m.

PC FTW!!! We already have that Chun - thanks to sweet PC Player skins....

Now all we need is SUPER ON PC!

Paine said on September 9, 2010 at 11:34 p.m.

I like juri's and cammy's and ryu's but I can't believe no one has commented on ryu's non evil ryu alt and how AMAZING this one is.

nickdogg15 said on September 9, 2010 at 11:37 p.m.

I cant think of any other alt for ryu besides him in worn down gi pants lol. What else does he do beside training to get better.

JohnJohnson said on September 9, 2010 at 11:56 p.m.

Sigh... Ok, I HATE THOSE PC MOD SKINS!

Some of them are cool sure, but most of them (like 95% of them) suck. They are ether not original (yes, an EMO Chun Li, that be cool right?), unnecessary, (yes, Sakura now has FLAMES on her outfit.) or just stupid (YES, Ryu with a GOATEE! YES!)

STOP saying they're awesome, THEY'RE NOT!

Besides, when as Street Fighter ever been about looking cool? Ryu could be in a dress for all I care, people would still pick him if he gets them wins.

SnakeEyez said on September 9, 2010 at 11:59 p.m.

What ever happened with the "gangsta" ryu from the last leak of characters. If I recall, he had on jeans, a big gold chain and a fitted hat. I don't main Ryu but I would have to use him alot lol.

jimk23 said on September 10, 2010 at 12:11 a.m.

Cammy's alt looks like Lin from Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter

Juri's alt is not so bad

NissanZaxima said on September 10, 2010 at 12:16 a.m.

lol all people who main Cody will now also main Ryu costume 3.

jackpot69 said on September 10, 2010 at 12:21 a.m.

HELL YEA! REGGAETON RYU!!!

chickenwings said on September 10, 2010 at 12:24 a.m.

ima laugh if that mod is better then capcoms alt

joker101 said on September 10, 2010 at 12:25 a.m.

Sorry JohnJohnson, but a lot of those are awesome. Stop freaking out about it.

mR_CaESaR said on September 10, 2010 at 12:36 a.m.

G, G, G, G-Unit...

Ryu looks like he's straight out of G-Unit :)

Sektor said on September 10, 2010 at 12:37 a.m.

@BlankaBeast
Ftw? You could be playing SSF4 on PC if sh-t like that never existed. So, I'm sure those skins are FTL. Specially for you.

@JohnJohnson
I completely agree.

@NissanZaxima
I main Cody, and I will never want to learn Ryu in this game, whored as it is. Not with this or any outfit.

But Ryu costume is 1000 times better than it looked like on the low quality pic. Love the belt.

And please Capcom, stop using the same color schemes to pick from every outfit.
Like with Dhalsim... Every single costume feels the same. Always the same colors to pick. Its a waste.

Different costumes, completely different colors. Please.

Sektor said on September 10, 2010 at 12:42 a.m.

Oh and Ryu looks far more like a pirate than some rapper. Too many gangster wannabes around here I see...

It's nothing like G-Unit sh-t. It's a pirate costume.

DedRed said on September 10, 2010 at 1:15 a.m.

Cammy's outfit: UUUUUGLY! Ugh, I just looked at it again to make sure I wasn't being too hasty...didn't help. It's putrid.

Saikyun said on September 10, 2010 at 1:21 a.m.

I don't see how people can say anything positive about her first and now her second alternate. HER MOVESET LOOKS BUGGED IN TIGHT PANTS! T_T

Saikyun said on September 10, 2010 at 1:22 a.m.

Her as in Juris, sorry.

BajanBlanka said on September 10, 2010 at 1:38 a.m.

Juri's outfit reminds me of like kitana and mileena from mortal kombat.

SethGravijah said on September 10, 2010 at 1:48 a.m.

chun-li : boring... check the artbook CAPCOM !
juri : what #43 said ! Tigh pants sucks on juri's moves
cammy : stop having drugs while working

Sum up :
Doesn't work.
CAPCOM, back to your pencils !

Realpolitik said on September 10, 2010 at 2:26 a.m.

Most of these alts are horrible. Almost every single concept art costume is better than what they're giving most of these characters.

It makes me want to take down the person who gives the go for these costumes and viciously beat him in hate-filled ground and pound.

Aquaman said on September 10, 2010 at 3:15 a.m.

really don't Ryu's costume - but the girls look nice, even though everyone is hating on Cammy's cat-suit.

Arcane said on September 10, 2010 at 3:26 a.m.

@Triforce

Someone said "How does Yun's alt look?"
Ono replied "Who ?! ;P"

Nelaelu said on September 10, 2010 at 3:42 a.m.

Do you have any NERF/BUFF suggestons for Arcade SSF4? We have a topic on the forum where you could DISCUSS them. It's called:

"SUGGEST YOUR BALANCE TWEAKS FOR ARCADE SSF4"

To find it, go to "FORUMS" (link svailable at the top of the page), pick "STREET FIGHTER 4 SERIES," then scroll down and you will find it.

PS. I APOLOGIZE if that's an ANNOYING REPEAT for someone...

gtfopanda said on September 10, 2010 at 4:02 a.m.

Ryu looks like s*** ...

Ryu_Apprentice said on September 10, 2010 at 4:22 a.m.

Ryu now has money! has he sold himself to the level of a street thug? No!!! pls at least give him a dojo master costume, that will be better

FanOfDanTheMan said on September 10, 2010 at 4:26 a.m.

Well, can't complain about Chun-Li... Looks good from behind :p

But i'm okay with most of these.

I just don't understand Ryu's. That one was... wierd.

McBison said on September 10, 2010 at 4:39 a.m.

kudos to Capcom for you using Mister Donut as a reference for Chun's buns. lol. And Ryu... looks like a thug pirate o_O

Im a Battle Angel Alita(Gunnm) fan and I noticed that there are some similarities between Cammy and Alita(Gally). Check out this page and scroll down or do a page search for Cammy
Also in the newest manga, Alita's outfit looks similar to this one.
It seems Capcom is TOTALLY aware of this!

EL_MEXITINO said on September 10, 2010 at 5:13 a.m.

DAMN! chun li got a black girl booty! lol

KAZZNORE said on September 10, 2010 at 5:25 a.m.

Chun-Li's... About freaking time. Cammy's = wack? i dunno maybe not

Phoenixrising77 said on September 10, 2010 at 5:35 a.m.

I never really got too excited over new outfits, but the Juri outfit looks pretty sweeeet.

KillerMike said on September 10, 2010 at 5:40 a.m.

Chun is so bootylicious

Kurow said on September 10, 2010 at 5:49 a.m.

Juri costume is like Kasuga's costume from Sengoku Basara.

Cammy costume is not good... sorry... Ryu sucks too... and chun li was the obvious choice

J said on September 10, 2010 at 5:56 a.m.

I hope Ken gets his crazy CVS2 kicks

Ryose said on September 10, 2010 at 5:58 a.m.

Chun-Li: Delicious........

moonwalker1988 said on September 10, 2010 at 6:08 a.m.

When will we can do the update ? Anybody knows the Date about the update for ssf4 ? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese tell me ....

L45R said on September 10, 2010 at 6:16 a.m.

I do not like any of these alts...I don't know what Capcom is thinking too...

someone needs to be fired if these are in fact the final alts..

Carly562 said on September 10, 2010 at 6:25 a.m.

I like Chun-Li and Juri alt. costumes but I'm not so sure about Cammy's 1 .Cammy doesnt seem the type to wear that outfit.She military stlye...she not catwoman
XD

ScytheWP said on September 10, 2010 at 6:25 a.m.

@ moonwalker

Rumors say this december

SabishiiRyuu said on September 10, 2010 at 6:27 a.m.

leotards + catgirl = win

Mecha_G said on September 10, 2010 at 7:03 a.m.

Does anybody else get a strong GUNNM/BAA vibe from Cammy's alt?

CMAyhem said on September 10, 2010 at 7:39 a.m.

man they gave chun li some brazillian @ss, hahaha !

Aftermath1349 said on September 10, 2010 at 7:51 a.m.

Cammys is genuinely horrible. Capcoms art team don't seem very creative

CONSTvariable23 said on September 10, 2010 at 8:04 a.m.

Cammy's new alt... it's not completely horrible when considered independently, but compared to some of the amazing alts others have gotten, it's still majorly lame. I mean come on, who wanted that? Is anyone even going to use it other than to show off that they can afford to spend money on dressing up their characters, and maybe a few people obsessed with cats?

And man, if Juri's not showing some buttcrack with that outfit it'll only be because of anime anatomy.

djb1ge said on September 10, 2010 at 8:14 a.m.

They should've done Alpha Cammy, too. I think that would make people happier than the Cotton Candy Catwoman. Wtf?

RandomJohn said on September 10, 2010 at 8:14 a.m.

Yea alt costumes are definitely getting worse. I'm still using my alt 1 custom for all my mains. Judging by what Capcom is releasing looks like I'll continue using my alt 1 costumes.

Sektor said on September 10, 2010 at 8:15 a.m.

Juri outfit isn't great, but the Mortal Kombat theme is a plus.

Purple = Mileena Juri
Blue = Kitana Juri
Green = Jade Juri
Yellow = Tanya Juri

off said on September 10, 2010 at 8:26 a.m.

Cammy's outfit is totally ridiculous...
please CAPCOM alpha costume for cammy! or new outfit for her

ChunLi said on September 10, 2010 at 8:31 a.m.

caruga said on September 10, 2010 at 8:36 a.m.

Cammy's is categorically bad. She should be the (killer) bumblebee man. Ay, ay, ay, no es bueno!

withasideofrice said on September 10, 2010 at 8:44 a.m.

so someone explain this to me, if they can add more characters via dlc then why didnt they do that for the original sf4. the excuse was balancing issues so they couldnt do that in the original, and now all of a sudden that excuse doesnt matter for ssf4. It leads me to believe that these characters are already on the disc and we are going to pay for an unlock code similar to re5. obviously this is just me wondering. because in order to have everything balanced they would have had an idea about how these characters will interact with the present cast. but hey if someone can explain to me that would be cool. and yah ryu's costume is a mess, chunli ftw, juri is cool, cammy - meh.

halo said on September 10, 2010 at 8:52 a.m.

#77 This has been explained many times, the first Street Fighter IV was not designed to accept such DLC due to budget restrains among other reasons. Super Street Fighter IV, according to Seth, was built again from scratch and designed to be able to accept future, all-new updates

off said on September 10, 2010 at 8:52 a.m.

Cammy's alpha costume NOW!!

Nyoro said on September 10, 2010 at 8:57 a.m.

Ryu looks like Serge from Chrono Cross.
I don't mind Chun-Li getting her Alpha outfit back.
Cammy looks really silly.
Juri looks good, but the other alternate they had in the concept art was much better.

I still do not understand why Capcom is passing up their much better ideas for alternates. Maybe there's an SNK troll on the inside?

Hamza said on September 10, 2010 at 8:58 a.m.

Juri is f***en hawt.

raymk said on September 10, 2010 at 9:03 a.m.

I like juri's costume alot and i'm glad chun has her alpha costume. The other 2 i don't like so much especially ryu's

blacksquid said on September 10, 2010 at 9:25 a.m.

Pirate RYU wtf? Big wackfest.

courte said on September 10, 2010 at 9:39 a.m.

killer bee? nah i guess killer cats... FROM VENUS.
the colors are nice but i dunno. i feel that Juri is more killer bee than the OG sometimes.

Ryu's isn't bad. looking at the concept art. and Juri... well i never liked her so the costume just brings alot of meh to mind

BlankaBeast said on September 10, 2010 at 9:47 a.m.

76 - PC has killer bee sakura!

SurgeFist said on September 10, 2010 at 9:49 a.m.

Why don't they pick that badass Purple / Blue modern clothes Ryu?

withasideofrice said on September 10, 2010 at 9:54 a.m.

#78 i see, thanks a lot. Explains it all to me. Hope they are awesome characters.

kane said on September 10, 2010 at 10:08 a.m.

looks like ono got yelled at for showing to much hehe

jwangggg said on September 10, 2010 at 10:15 a.m.

I freaking love the new Cammy costume.

halo said on September 10, 2010 at 10:18 a.m.

I'd love to see more special moves added to the characters in need of them the most. Hopefully some small graphical tweaks as well like different light settings in the stages

anddudewaslike said on September 10, 2010 at 10:20 a.m.

cammy looks stupid.

Ex_Ein said on September 10, 2010 at 10:23 a.m.

Ryu's outfit is a fishermen's.

Cammy's is meh, the outfit as a whole could have worked just color palette messed it up, hopefully when we see the other 9 colors look better.

Juri's looks too much like an outfit, and Chun's there no reason to talk about chun's

kirbykirbykirby said on September 10, 2010 at 10:25 a.m.

Juri's looks dope to me. ill pick it up

dondb said on September 10, 2010 at 10:26 a.m.

Why not give Ryu the cat suit?

Ex_Ein said on September 10, 2010 at 10:31 a.m.

What I mean by Juri's looks too much like an outfit, her original outfit seems like she wants to wear more casually, her first alt looked too normal and casual, in that I can't see her wearing it, and this one looks too much like an outfit to the point I can't see her putting it on

irrenmann said on September 10, 2010 at 10:37 a.m.

"#83: "Cammy's outfit...you know as well as I do Japan's obsession with cats!

Why did they have to put their obsession in a video game AGAIN (Felicia MvC3-1st)?

That makes NO-SENSE for her to be wearing that at all...I mean NONE!

Anybody...any troll...say SOMETHING that will give us ONE reason why Japan would think Cammy would wear a cat costume!

Ken wearing a cowboy one...I MIGHT see him wearing...but Cammy and a cat???"

Cammy loves cats, and they were a design inspiration for her. There are cats in her animated intros and endings, she has a title "I Like Cats," and the entire idea of her storyline was designed to parallel that of a stray cat. Anyone who would be surprised by a kitty costume for Cammy doesn't know the character very well.

GrimmjawJin said on September 10, 2010 at 10:38 a.m.

Juri looks pretty awesome in thay alt while cammy.... yeah won't be buying that one lol

Loghorn said on September 10, 2010 at 10:44 a.m.

Man, you guys have got to get yourselves real girlfriends & get laid with them instead of fantasizing about fictional characters with pixels.

freekill said on September 10, 2010 at 10:44 a.m.

that's exactly what's wrong with Capcom >.>

they guys high up there may think they can tease us with some pictures of yun and yangs skateboards and inliners but we're (or at least i'm) really freaking out as soon as we get some REAL info..

i completely speak for myself now but i wanna see FACTS.. im a SF fan and i prefer to get the real info in about a month instead of some rumor bullsh** every now and then spreaded over weeks.. >.>

They just should have been quiet about adding Yun and Yang and once everything is fine with those, reveal them via Famitsu or what ever.. so fans actually see something of them and dont get high hopes for a character they dont like in his ssf4 personification.

At first, i have to admit it, i loved that teasing stuff.. but right now it's just annoying that capcom just draggs it out so much.

JasonLee said on September 10, 2010 at 10:50 a.m.

BlankaBeast said on September 10, 2010 at 10:54 a.m.

yes it is 101, like the PC version, I almost would rather them officially say, NO PC VERSION, than string along all year.

Load more comments