Hakan Super Street Fighter 4 guide from Low Tier Entertainment

Posted by Catalyst
October 13, 2010 at 10:41 a.m. PDT
Low Tier Entertainment released a Super Street Fighter 4 Hakan video guide this morning and some bonus footage. It covers fundamentals, combos, mix ups and advanced tactics.

Contributions to this story by Firecotton and L.

Comments

L said on October 13, 2010 at 10:53 a.m.

weird... why isn't this released under Option-Select?

L said on October 13, 2010 at 10:58 a.m.

Also, don't forget about the bonus video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFx6x...

Realpolitix said on October 13, 2010 at 11:10 a.m.

Hakan isn't low-tier. Real talk.

throughsilence said on October 13, 2010 at 11:32 a.m.

Did the Option-Select Guys disband or something? This looks exactly like something OS would've released for their proposed Hakan vid. Also, eISH and Lilman both were showcased on OS's Youtube before.

Sektah84 said on October 13, 2010 at 11:32 a.m.

I still think he's a waste of space in ssfiv. He sucks period.

Jakulagi said on October 13, 2010 at 11:43 a.m.

lolz, don't hate cuz he's really hard to master..

Sakura said on October 13, 2010 at 11:50 a.m.

Low Tier Productions?

WTF happened to Option Select?

Flerg said on October 13, 2010 at 12:01 p.m.

They need to do these for every single character.

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on October 13, 2010 at 12:09 p.m.

LMAO

@

4:40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingrid said on October 13, 2010 at 12:19 p.m.

nice this helps a bit for my hakan

SilentSoul said on October 13, 2010 at 12:32 p.m.

Very nice Guide for Hakan right here. There is so much more to discover in terms of set ups. Also with the buffs coming; Hakan is going to be finally a complete character. My boy Hakan is becoming everything I wanted him to be.

Tsevin said on October 13, 2010 at 12:36 p.m.

f.hk techs throws? That's so weird.

Catalyst said on October 13, 2010 at 2:09 p.m.

@L

Thank you for pointing this out. Credited you as well.

PhinnyCupcakes said on October 13, 2010 at 2:37 p.m.

Psh.. this guy is OK at videogames.. not as good as Kat, the winner of WCG, but OK.

xbanditx said on October 13, 2010 at 3:03 p.m.

Glad to see others giving a damn about Hakan, finally...

My main is Akuma but for the last month I've ignored every character in the game except for Hakan. Needless to say I've been enjoying the game a lot more.

Unfortunately, my buddy now main's Honda and after looking at the new tier list I very much agree with the 3/10 in Honda's favor. Hopefully, once all of the AE Updates are known/finalised it'll improve that tough match.

Hakansoilbarrel said on October 13, 2010 at 3:55 p.m.

Hahaha, these gentlemen were so nice - wanted to interview ME, a humble Virgin Olive Oil company CEO! I'm only sad Mr. Ryu was the only one available for most of the exhibition, haha. But he's a trooper, that one; what's that he always says, 'The answer lies in the oil of battle'? He'll be fine!

NRR said on October 13, 2010 at 4:06 p.m.

Wow I finally see the light. I think these videos will make me a born again Hakan player. LONG LIVE TURKISH OIL WRESTLING!!

omegax9000 said on October 13, 2010 at 4:07 p.m.

hakan is poop

Batman18 said on October 13, 2010 at 5:49 p.m.

Good stuff... this is definitly goin to bring my game up and now,"IT'S TIME TO OIL UP."

xbanditx said on October 13, 2010 at 7:11 p.m.

How could you wrong with this taunt?!? Love pissing people off online by taunting and this is the best one imo for him.

F/F to the 1:30mark

♫ "Nothing Beats Hakan's Cooking Oil!" ♫

8ighty6ix said on October 13, 2010 at 7:19 p.m.

@1: Option-Select's Hakan tutorial should be out in about a week or so. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure thats the release window. By all means Hakan players, watch every tutorial you can, but I'd definitely suggest watching the Option-Select Tutorial when it is released, they take a lot of time testing and verifying the validity of their tutorials.

8ighty6ix said on October 13, 2010 at 7:28 p.m.

I retract my statement, I didn't realize this was Conan's from Option-Select. Not sure what the Low Tier Entertainment thing is, maybe they started a production company under the Option-Select umbrella.

kondee said on October 13, 2010 at 8:33 p.m.

I think they plan to go through every low tier new character except for Guy. I'm waiting months for their take on the character and there is nothing yet.

mrdrofficer said on October 13, 2010 at 9:23 p.m.

meaty - standing jump , short , spd. Boom

Raven said on October 13, 2010 at 9:36 p.m.

EX Oil Shower is freakin' pimp, someone needs to do that in a match, lol.

Hakan has so much potential, you just can't win by spamming junk with him and you actually need to know his good options vs. his bad options. The fact that he's a grappler means he's prone to get zoned as well, and no one likes being disadvantaged against waves of Ryu's and Chun's. lol

JDragonX said on October 13, 2010 at 9:56 p.m.

I remember when David was showing these tricks in his videos when the game first launched.

akumous said on October 13, 2010 at 10:06 p.m.

This is an excellent top tiered tutorial for potential Hakan players. I have only one thing to say for those guys who thinks Hakan is waste of space is you guys are idiots. Learn game and be aware that they are some characters that are easy to get into and others aren't.

Ex_Ein said on October 14, 2010 at 2:42 a.m.

Zicron and his wife(she does the voice at the beginning and he put the rest together) tearing up the first track

IrPanda said on October 14, 2010 at 2:44 a.m.

I love this tutorial, helped me loads with Hakan, now i gonna be low tier king eith Dan Makoto and Hakan ( Gouken to( under my belt

dommafia said on October 15, 2010 at 7:57 a.m.

Option select explains why this video is not on their site... reasonable! http://www.option-select.com/news/?id=95

dommafia said on October 15, 2010 at 7:58 a.m.

option select explains the reasoning for the video not being on their site. Everything is fine, thanks conan.