Updated: New Marvel vs. Capcom 3 characters shown

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • May 9, 2010 at 9:23 p.m. PDT
Updated: New Marvel vs. Capcom 3 characters shown Update: Better quality screen shots were added to this story along with two additional images.

In the latest Game Informer magazine, Dante (Devil May Cry), Felicia (Darkstalkers), Deadpool and Captain America were listed as confirmed characters for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Here's a list of details and impressions from the write up.

• MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.

• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.

• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."

• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' Supers are shown.

Also, these screen shots of the game have surfaced.

Click images for larger versions

Thanks to Legbone, Jet Grind Radio, Deezee989, Sektah84 and Sairus for contributing to this story.

Comments

Okrag said on May 8, 2010 at 3:05 p.m.

He hits the enemy with his health bar? Awesome!

Dan_CiTi said on May 8, 2010 at 3:14 p.m.

Good to hear it is a 6 button game.

balmung55 said on May 8, 2010 at 3:17 p.m.

Nice, Dante is in for sure :D nuff reason to buy it right there, good thing stupid little kid wii players wont play this, would ruin the game

Funkenstein23 said on May 8, 2010 at 3:18 p.m.

Yes! YES!

Burn said on May 8, 2010 at 3:24 p.m.

I do NOT like the fact that it is going to have the control scheme of TvC, not saying its a bad game, this is supposed to be MvC not TvC. Keep the controls how they were with 2. TvC scheme just makes it hard for players who are used to 6 buttons get into it. Oh well, I will still buy it.

Dante the new Ken?!

alfarin said on May 8, 2010 at 3:29 p.m.

AWESOME!!!

zUkUu said on May 8, 2010 at 3:31 p.m.

deadpool and dante? me buy game.

OldmanFighter said on May 8, 2010 at 3:36 p.m.

Deadpool and dante?

My new team!

PainKiller said on May 8, 2010 at 3:37 p.m.

THIS IS MADNESS !

Guile4Life said on May 8, 2010 at 3:40 p.m.

cant wait for it!!!!!!!!

maniacman said on May 8, 2010 at 3:45 p.m.

TvC control scheme...? nooo please noooo ! It does look to be a great game still, I just want to have the MvC2 layout still! it was so badass and worked so well, TvC is too simplistic :/

maniacman said on May 8, 2010 at 3:46 p.m.

TvC control scheme is too simplistic** (doesnt mean the game lacks depth, i've seen some gnarly vids, but havent played)

Bolton said on May 8, 2010 at 3:59 p.m.

Deadpool is gonna be funny as hell, I love it! And Dante being confirmed is just awesome. No matter what Capcom is saying, I'm definitely going to try this game. (:

Ex_Ein said on May 8, 2010 at 4:10 p.m.

Guy TVC the evolution after MVC just accept it already TVC's team is working on MVC3 so don't except a call back to marvel 2(which is much different from 1 so don't just say "marvel")

MVC2's controls where pretty simplistic-two punch buttons two kick buttons 2 assist buttons press a punch and a kick for one character press the other two for the other character throw is just simply getting close and pressing a button while moving in a direction.

STOP COMPLAINING

Anyway to close this out

Ex_Ein said on May 8, 2010 at 4:11 p.m.

blah "DON'T EXPECT A CALL BACK"

kara said on May 8, 2010 at 4:22 p.m.

Creeper said on May 8, 2010 at 4:24 p.m.

Is that Spider-Man's face in the top-right corner?

YAYIAMLEET said on May 8, 2010 at 4:27 p.m.

This looks terrible for the time being. Hope my thoughts change when it's not in the beta stages.

streetfighterjoe said on May 8, 2010 at 4:36 p.m.

THE GAME LOOKS HORRIBLE AND DISGUSTING

Taxattack123 said on May 8, 2010 at 4:40 p.m.

Sweet. I never really was a VS. fan, but I might rent it. I might even buy it.

ActualProof said on May 8, 2010 at 4:48 p.m.

SOunds and looks broken too me.. Accessible to newer players is never a good strategy other than to sell units... once again neglecting true fight gamers... So another broken Mario party size roster with broken mechanics..

CMAyhem said on May 8, 2010 at 4:58 p.m.

nice!

CodyTravers said on May 8, 2010 at 5:04 p.m.

Looks too dark and 3d for my taste.

chickenwings said on May 8, 2010 at 5:16 p.m.

Seriously every time i here "accessible" and "casual friendly" i know there gonna have some baby mode bs added. It hurts the game in the long run since ur fan base will be put on the choping block with some going along for the ride and some rejecting the changes.

Yea they made it simplier but how many vets either dont play or fantasize about a game where some scrub ken cant get a dp reversal because hes rolling his face across the buttons. THey babied the game in such a way where u have to actually compensate for it when playing lower level players. Instead of useing mind games on them u have to play retard mode which is the total opposite of earlier fighting games. ANd if u dont beleive me fight a scrub ken on turbo/hdr(take ur pick from any 90s sf for that matter) and then fight a sf4 ken scrub and ull see the difference.

shannaro1992 said on May 8, 2010 at 5:27 p.m.

Finally. Felicia makes it to a modern fighting game! Let's see how this pop-star/nun rise up to the competition.

Gurou_Kun said on May 8, 2010 at 5:46 p.m.

@ #3
Yeah!, now for stupid little PS3/360 players, oh and of course elitist fags (like you)

Anyway, i don't really see why people think TvC is more simplistic than MvC2,
I mean, how is
-> lp, lp, mp, d+mp, hp, d+hp, f+hp, dash, df + hp, 6 to 7 hits air combo more simplistic than
-> lp, lk, mp, mk, launcher, air combo, and that is if you don't use a baroque to extend the ground combo

Gurou_Kun said on May 8, 2010 at 5:48 p.m.

* or a variable air raid.

SugaFree said on May 8, 2010 at 5:48 p.m.

Capcom fans love to complain about everything.

In the end, they still buy the game.

Shanic said on May 8, 2010 at 5:53 p.m.

Agree...But seriously..the game looks a bit trashy..

I think they should stick to 2d on this one...

DanceInTheDark said on May 8, 2010 at 6:52 p.m.

I am buying it just cause Chris Redfield is in it

KanyeWest said on May 8, 2010 at 6:55 p.m.

xD Crapcom and your awful games, I can't wait to say I'm not gonna buy you but I am! ahaha Crapcom has my dollaz

Hours said on May 8, 2010 at 6:55 p.m.

Can someone who actually has a copy of the magazine confirm or deny this silly rumor that there is going to be a "surprise third franchise" in the game?

I haven't seen any solid proof of this claim, but it's still making the rounds on the web. I hope it's not true because I think that would be selling out.

Thanks.

MALDA said on May 8, 2010 at 7 p.m.

boobee_cakes said on May 8, 2010 at 7:02 p.m.

It might just be a Sonic or Snake in Brawl type of deal. I don't think it will be a Marvel Vs Capcom Vs Snuggle.

Stop said on May 8, 2010 at 7:04 p.m.

I have three copies of this game already(one for each star of Orion's belt) and I CAN confirm that there is a third franchise. It is McDonald's. No joke. Grimace, Hamburgler, that other blob of poison manipulation(i forget his/her name). You WILL want this game.

Hours said on May 8, 2010 at 7:09 p.m.

I wasn't a big fan of Sonic & Snake's addition to Brawl, I thought it was kind of just a cheap cash in.

I'd rather the game just stay to true to the MvC theme. It is called "Fate of Two Worlds" after all. I'm not going to freak out if it is true, but I'd be disappointed.

Just wanting to know if it's true or not.

EDGEucator said on May 8, 2010 at 7:15 p.m.

Capcom ... thank you for putting DMC3 Dante , you know my wants better than they know themselves lol
& DeadPool is my automatic main!!!

ratedRsuperstar said on May 8, 2010 at 7:22 p.m.

Moon f'n Knight

raymk said on May 8, 2010 at 7:23 p.m.

capcom aims to make more money than mvc2. I hate that their doing that but its money tht capcoms aims to make. Anyway i do love the look of the game and i will still play it to make a decision before anything. Oh and that ironman is skinny in the armour what the hell

SmokeRulz said on May 8, 2010 at 7:37 p.m.

FREAKIN AWESOME <3

Shaft said on May 8, 2010 at 7:38 p.m.

they just said mvc2 had complicated controls... wow.

The exchange button sounds like it has OTG stuff, which will probably limit the long combos that the vs series has, but something tells me resets are gone. =/

ChunLi said on May 8, 2010 at 7:42 p.m.

"Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar."

Highlight of the entire update, my life is complete.

Blackzilla said on May 8, 2010 at 7:49 p.m.

Hell yea dead pool... and spiderman!!! #17's right!!

SteadiestShark said on May 8, 2010 at 7:55 p.m.

YESH!

I hope they do use TvC's 3-button layout. Screw unecessary tests of dexterity!

DarkBurialX said on May 8, 2010 at 8:07 p.m.

YES Dante is in the game, he will be one of my new main. I can't wait for the game to come out. So the game basically is going to have TvC scheme.

Gameplan said on May 8, 2010 at 8:49 p.m.

"MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible"

Very very disappointing news, that button scheme is absolutely awful. The sole reason for such a simplified button layout was to make the game playable with the limited number of buttons on wii controllers, I don't see why they have to retain that on the PS3 and 36O where there is no such limitations.

I was soo hyped about this game but this is definitely a turn off, goddammit Capcom!

Bob said on May 8, 2010 at 9:44 p.m.

@Gameplan

Yea, I'm salty as well. Just send Capcom some angry letters they'll eventually put it back to six buttons. I mean I have eight on my TE stick might as well make them accessible.

Hrm said on May 8, 2010 at 9:46 p.m.

Why is everybody bitching about the control scheme?
You haven't even gotten your hands on it or even SEEN any gameplay for it yet. You don't know this is going to destroy it or anything like that. I liked the MVC2 control setup, too, but I'm open for change.
I'm glad capcom's making decisions that will attract new people to the genre and in the end expand and improve the community.
This is most likely a good thing overall.
Hopefully we'll see a gameplay trailer soon.

SugaFree said on May 8, 2010 at 9:47 p.m.

@51.

You will still buy the game regardless.

Batsu said on May 8, 2010 at 10:04 p.m.

I'm still more excited about this game than anything but the TVC control scheme is a little disappointing, never played TVC, mind you. I guess I'll just have to see. Anyway, everything else looks and sounds cool.

Gameplan said on May 8, 2010 at 10:17 p.m.

Why are Capcom ass kissers bitching about people having opinions which happen to differ from theirs?

We are supposed to praise and hail every single desicion Capcom makes about everything?

Wolfstone said on May 8, 2010 at 10:36 p.m.

Please, I want Nightcrawler in this game!!!!

Dan_CiTi said on May 8, 2010 at 10:52 p.m.

Too bad MvC3 is NOT using the TvC control scheme...

pandafr0mhell said on May 8, 2010 at 10:58 p.m.

i played tvc and i cant stand the control scheme. the mvc2 controls are easy for anyone to use. if it ain't broke don't fix it!

DxEggman said on May 8, 2010 at 11:05 p.m.

you elitists can just stay in the 90's. What happened to having fun? Capcom makes games for people to enjoy, and you hard core fighting game fans can either grow up and get lives, or stick to your snes-era fighters, k? I've grown up on Capcom's fighters and I still enjoy the old ones and the new ones. I enjoy TvC, SF2, SF Alpha, SF4, and MvC. Why? Because I can play a game without being a consolef***.

BlackHart said on May 8, 2010 at 11:49 p.m.

Yo Dxeggman, how about shutting the f#&^ up huh???

Anyway, the simplifying of the controls is kinda off putting considering how previous games played.
I don't wanna play a game aimed at kids with little to no depth and easy cookie-cutter combos.

And I'd much rather have Talbain from Darkstalkers than Felicia, but I guess she'll do.

*prays for T'challa & Domino to be announced next*

Triforce said on May 9, 2010 at 12:17 a.m.

D'OH! Tried to be inb4thewhinybitchescomplainedabouttheTVCcontrols...

STFU-TVC ruled...this game is going to be epic and I can't wait. :-)

mxisonfire said on May 9, 2010 at 12:57 a.m.

definitely buying because of Dante. He is the real badass of the capcom.

mxisonfire said on May 9, 2010 at 12:58 a.m.

*badass of Capcom*

Ex_Ein said on May 9, 2010 at 1:50 a.m.

T'Challa would be boss
"Then you have already lost cause I've prepared for the unknown"-T'challa in Black Panther:Secret Invasion

EDGEucator said on May 9, 2010 at 3:28 a.m.

@#54
lol true , and so will the rest of the united states , so ppl just need too sit pretty , enjoy the leaks,spoilers,trailers,character reveals & wait for the game too come out.

MALDA said on May 9, 2010 at 4:09 a.m.

RedWaltz79 said on May 9, 2010 at 5:06 a.m.

I wonder how many people that are complaining about the control scheme:

(1)have actually ever played TvC

(2) are fighting game elitists who think being good at a fighting game makes them better than people who aren't and are afraid that simplifying things might threaten their egos

(3) have actually played or seen MvC3's control scheme and how it works before they started contemplating suicide

(4)don't realize that there is a reason why Capcom took a long hiatus from making fighting games in the 2000's and inaccessibility is one of those reasons

(5)don't know that Capcom tries to make games not for a few people shut-in their own private world of video-gaming who are afraid of the world at large, but to try to get the most people possible interested in their neat and fun ideas

Just wondering, that's all.

VicViper said on May 9, 2010 at 5:51 a.m.

This game won't be as good as MvC2

ChevChelios said on May 9, 2010 at 5:58 a.m.

you fcukin tease!!!

doublef said on May 9, 2010 at 6:06 a.m.

give us THOR

Eternak said on May 9, 2010 at 7:12 a.m.

TvC was so lame that aside from fighting against Zero you just have to pick morrigan and block all the way until the opponent does and AID then you do launcher and hit or if block cancel it to her projectile or if you are in the blockstring and the opponent does a slow startup attack you just can grab the hell out of him, the game retarded Scheme of attacks like standing attacks that hits low, the AG mash for no chip dmg, all characters same BnB's, aerial attacks that the lower character hits the upper character for no reason at all. Grab range it's so screwed you can grab the hitbox of an attack from far, now using this control scheme designed specially for wii since what someone said above related to wii button layout. MvC2 control is so easy 4 attack button which LP and LK have on 2nd hit change to medium attack depending the situation for a combo or reset or even snapback. i wanna see if they'll use air dash or retain MvC2 Air dash to only who can fly and the real depth it will have for a so casual oriented gamers.

Carnage2099ebk said on May 9, 2010 at 7:17 a.m.

How is it simple when on tvc u go to throw a punch and u kick that's wack I own tvc it's ok but why would mess u mvc like that it dose looks kinda bad also getting upset

RetromanTiga said on May 9, 2010 at 7:23 a.m.

So these people can stop bitching....why not add a control type selection? Incorporating all control schemes from MvC, MvC2 and TvC....?

Shaft said on May 9, 2010 at 7:44 a.m.

capcom is making me nervous with this latest post. a game can't be bad just because of basic controls, but when you say stuff like "knocking down the wall" of 6 button control fighting games, and your control scheme is still buttons, you're making me worried. also, having an easy button take care of like 3 to 4 separate commands, while simplifying an ALREADY SIMPLE launch move is odd. I can't wait for bursts and push blocking to negate chip damage =/

ajch22 said on May 9, 2010 at 7:49 a.m.

Has anyone else noticed that (besides the obvious image of spiderman) there is another guy in the background? As if it came as an assist. He kinda looks like Fei Long, except for his giant hand, but that could be due to the angle it is position.

Also, because of the Servot background in the Hulk vs Chris battle we might get Megaman Volnutt again, or maybe Tron Bonne

SteadiestShark said on May 9, 2010 at 8:18 a.m.

@ 77

It'd actually be pretty cool if he was in it - but out of all the characters, nobody gives a damned about him. :P

Mecha_G said on May 9, 2010 at 8:43 a.m.

Still holding out for Gene and Squirrel Girl.

Manny_O said on May 9, 2010 at 9:02 a.m.

@ 69
wtf are you talking about, all those elitists that you're trying to insult are the reason there's actually going to be an mvc3. Now while I'm not saying that mvc3 should be exactly like mvc2, it certainly shouldn't be more like tvc than mvc2. The simple reason for this is that mvc2 has cult status among all gamers and its community has lasted for 10 years thus far and is still going. TVC UAS hasn't even been out for a year and its community is struggling already.

Shaft said on May 9, 2010 at 9:46 a.m.

@RedWaltz79

you're killing me with that post. ok, i'll do a quick run through:

1 is an open question, so i'll ignore it (yes i play tvc, but i think mvc2 is the more interesting game)
2 is assuming that people only care about one type of fun (in your example, hardcore players only care about having fun by learning the ins and out of the game, and using all the hard stuff) , and that mvc2 is not one of the most fun games at both a basic and high level (hint, it is. tvc is to a degree as well)
3 We now know it's 6 buttons, but it sound unintuitive at the moment, with basically the bb "Special" button that does 4 different things, rather than just having the functions spread out among the other buttons (look at 3s or sf4)
4 3d fighters ruled the early parts of the century, and ports of the games didn't come out soon enough as well. (alpha 3 sold a lot when it finally came out, but look at how long it took to have 3s and cvs2, mvc2 ports)
5 is the same as 2, where you're assuming people only care about one type of fun. Fighting game players range from the serious to the online warrior, to the guy who plays it occasionally with his friends. At the moment, it could be said that capcom is catering to one audience, while having just enough to have the "hardcore" fanbase play an interesting, but possibly watered down game .

Nikon said on May 9, 2010 at 9:52 a.m.

Can't wait to play Deadpool, Been waiting for a long time for him.

jammasta said on May 9, 2010 at 10:04 a.m.

I don't like TvC's control scheme (though the game is fun as hell), and I hope they stick with MvC2's or some variation of it. Controls aren't gonna affect my opinion too much, they'll probably just take some time to get used to.

Deadpool attacking with his health bar is awesome.

RyuSpirit said on May 9, 2010 at 10:04 a.m.

Sagat will be top tier

EG2 said on May 9, 2010 at 11:06 a.m.

Contrary to what the hardcore MvC fanbase and elitists think they are NOT the reason MvC3 is being made. It is because Capcom envisions there is a bigger audience out there that will allow them to make a big enough profit. The hardcore MvC2 fanbase is not enough. If it was, they wouldn't have stopped making fighters for that long stretch.

It's the new/casual player money that is making this a do-able venture for them. Sorry, but the fans who played Capcom fighters in the 90s are a niche audience now. Those players are NOT enough anymore, and certainly not enough to make a new game nowadays. They never went anywhere, so why did Capcom see it unwise to release any new fighter for 10 years?...It's because that audience is NOT enough. Sorry if this offends you, but Capcom is more concerned about casual or impulse buyer's money now. Not saying I care for it, but it's catering to a wider/non-hardcore audience is only thing that makes these financially viable for them anymore.

Kuei said on May 9, 2010 at 11:38 a.m.

The confirmation of Deadpool and how he breaks the fourth wall made me cry, from my penis

monkeydhugo said on May 9, 2010 at 12:16 p.m.

@EG2 soooooooo TRUE. they did help but they are NOT the reason why MVC3 came

RoKtheReaper said on May 9, 2010 at 12:20 p.m.

First off, I want to say that I am glad that Deadpool and Dante are confirmed. Dante and Cammy are the only two people I really want in this game since Ryu is in, and my entire team will be confirmed as long as Cammy White is in, and she should be.

I hope that Dante isn't the original Dante from DMC 1, or the Dante in DMC2 or 4, I want DMC 3 Dante in, the young one, or at least a costume variation that allows you to pick him.

TvC control scheme? I think that's a load of bullsh*t and let me tell you why I believe that.

In all the versus game, they have traditionally been six buttons, though, MvC 2 had to only have 4 buttons for moves and used a new type of magic series for Medium Punch/Kick because of the assist buttons and features. TvC was made for the Nintendo Wii. Some people may not want to buy a classic controller, maybe they don't own and don't want to buy a Gamecube controller, the game was made simplified so that Wii (A mostly child audience) can play it on teh wii mote, which isn't made for complicated controls.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 did provide enough reason to make MvC 3 with the XBox 360 Arcade/Playstation Network release. It showed after 10 years people were still willing ot play and that, and the Success of a new versus game warranted a release. Though, they know people will buy this game just because the name of MvC 3 is attached, so they know people will buy it, but why keep the TvC scheme? I see no reason behind that.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom was made for a system that doesn't have a way of very complex controls, and most people who buy a stick don't plan on moding for Wii, so I understand you released a TvC arcade stick, which probably hasn't sold nearly as well as sticks for 360 or PS3. The people who kept MvC 2 alive were all hardcore gamers and all liked this setup, you should give more of the same and balance the game. It's like going from Smash Bros. Melee to Brawl.

ChunLi said on May 9, 2010 at 12:51 p.m.

For all those people hating on TvC, go suck a big Capcom Hadoken.

Also, those hating on Zero, again, suck a Mega Man X reploid dick. People have been waiting for the REAL Zero, not that MMZ crap from SvC Chaos, to appear in a VS game. If you can't handle him, DON'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

Manny_O said on May 9, 2010 at 12:53 p.m.

@ 85
Way to show that you don't know anything about what you're talking about. MVC3 has been in production since 2008, way before SF4 came out on console and created the new casual/new player fan base.

DarkBurialX said on May 9, 2010 at 3:23 p.m.

I played Tatsunoko vs Capcom, the controls were hard at first, but you get used it when you play it and it's really fun. I don't have any problems with the game nor it's controls.

Steam said on May 9, 2010 at 4:44 p.m.

This is good stuff!

Carnage2099ebk said on May 9, 2010 at 5:11 p.m.

Ppl keep gettin mad ppl talkin about tvc bout speaking for myself leave tvc to it's own game we want mvc3 to be more like mvc2 don't fix what's not broken tha ppl ask for mvc3 are the hardcore fans the biggest complaint about tvc is the controls

Douchebag said on May 9, 2010 at 5:57 p.m.

The "hardcore" elitist gamers who want the fighting game genre to remain an exclusive entity for upper-skill levels need to shut the hell up. Seriously, most of the dissenting opinions about the control scheme entail a disregard for a potentially larger audience that Capcom can enrapture (and generate greater gross profit margins as well). These complaints resonate with the querulous dissent towards the Street Fighter IV mechanics, but last I checked, I have not seen a shortage of top-tier players online (or in the community overall). Capcom is looking ahead of the game and trying to maintain the strength of the fighting game genre; after all, it is this asocial gaming nerd elitism that almost killed off the genre after Street Fighter III: Third Strike was released. The ones who insist on bitching continously, go stuff tampons into your bleeding vaginas. I seriously doubt that a simplified control scheme would transform the average scrub into a technical powerhouse the minute he begins playing MvC3.

jwh8808 said on May 9, 2010 at 6:49 p.m.

so it says 4 new characters when actually only 2 are new.....wtf?? felicia and captain america ar returning characters you retards

Carnage2099ebk said on May 9, 2010 at 7:36 p.m.

i said hardcore fan mvc is its own game and has its own following same as tvc but tvc was dumb down for the Wii leve tha controls alone sh*t not broken dont fix it

h1tm0nl33 said on May 9, 2010 at 8:06 p.m.

Werent the controls in mvc2 just a dumbed down of the rest of the marvel vs. series

Sektah84 said on May 9, 2010 at 8:12 p.m.

Cool I'm glad Dante and dead pool are in now show superskrull and some gameplay :) TVC controls I don't mind since it's not as simple as some might think yeah I'll miss mvc2 but it's 2010 times change.

jok3rfrmbk said on May 9, 2010 at 8:13 p.m.

@carnage you dont know how to type?

Jarkyttaa said on May 9, 2010 at 8:16 p.m.

@95 They're newly confirmed characters for this game, they didn't mean new characters to the franchise.

Ex_Ein said on May 9, 2010 at 8:24 p.m.

#95/jwh88808
They might have completely different move sets

Captain America died 3 years ago(remember the game's been in production for almost 2) and was replaced by Bucky(his sidekick who had been presumed dead but was actually found by the Russians and given a cybernetic arm) who Steve has given the shield to of his own free will after he came back. so we might actually have Captain America using a gun in game(Steve has used guns especially in world war 2 but never personally used one) and an entirely different move set with the normal "SHIELD SLASH" projectile

With 3D tech they might give Felicia a new move set including some from her DarkStalkers/Vampire Savior self that were left out in MVC2 to show off how well they can do stuff with 3D Models(like Dhalsim and Blanka in SF4).

So while they are two returning characters for the most part they actually might be very different from the last time we played them

Ex_Ein said on May 9, 2010 at 9:10 p.m.

blah I meant to say "but never personally uses one all the time like bucky dose"

WHY MVC3 IS FINALLY BEING MADE:

MVC3 was not because of Elitist it was because of MARKETING AND BUSINESS!

-Unknown,2000-March 30, 2003: MVC2 was launched for the Arcade,Dreamcast,PS2,Xbox 1.

-Early Jaunry 2004: Marvel got in bed with Activision and EA
October 2004-2008:X-men Legneds 1&2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imprefects

-Summer 2008: Ironman and Hulk came out(of course both were overshadowed by Dark Knight) the same time Marvel and Capcom started developing this game...Then was heard about a Thor Movie and an Antman movie and a Captain America movie set for 2011 all set for 2011.

-Summer 2009:MVC2 Released for 360 and PS3(yep it's nearly been a year)

-April 2010:MVC3 is announced to the public via Captive 2010

-May 7th 2010: Ironman 2 premiers

-June 15-17,2010: E3 2010 where Capcom is going to show more of MVC3

-September 2010:Tokyo Game Show Capcom with more MVC3 maybe launch date

-Fall 2010:The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes TV Show, Ultimate Spiderman TV series, Ironman Armored Adventures Season 2(which all can run TV Spots for MVC3)

-2011:Thor May 6th,X-men First Class June 3, Captain America July 22

jwh8808 said on May 9, 2010 at 9:21 p.m.

to #101
doesn't matter...the names aren't new...and if they meant new to the game then they should specify....

cybertronslash said on May 9, 2010 at 10:31 p.m.

thats not the hulks super hes getting shot with chris' shotgun

Dan_CiTi said on May 9, 2010 at 10:36 p.m.

Hmmm...I hope they dont actually use the DMC3 design for Dante. As much I love DMC3, Dante looks like he has downs syndrome in that game. The DMC4 design is much better, I'd prefer a tweaked version of that. As far as his weapons/moves go, I'd like it to be a mix of DMC1, 3, and 4.

kara said on May 9, 2010 at 10:39 p.m.

Load more comments