Yoshinori Ono working on getting Super Street Fighter 4 on the PC?

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • June 24, 2010 at 7:50 a.m. PDT
Yoshinori Ono working on getting Super Street Fighter 4 on the PC? Street Fighter 4 series producer, Yoshinori Ono, opened up a Twitter account recently. A couple people asked if Capcom will release Super Street Fighter 4 on the PC, and Ono responded to them below.

Ono's English isn't terrific, so it's possible things are being lost in translation, but here's what he had to say on the matter.

Please tell us if Super Street Fighter 4 is coming to the PC.

Ono: The PC version has some problems. In [Street Fighter 4], a large amount of illegal copy appeared on the market all over the world. Please Wait...

Fans who bought the PC version of Street Fighter 4 are waiting for SSF4, will it happen? If so, when?

Ono: We are solving various problems now. Time is necessary for this.

Ono's statements seem to heavily imply they're working on getting the title released on the PC, but they have some hurdles to overcome before they can get approval. While this is a far cry from confirmation that the title will be released on the PC, there appears to be hope still.

Street Fighter 4 was one of the most pirated titles of 2009, which has been mentioned a number of times as to why SSF4 may not see a PC release, but Capcom V.P., Christian Svensson, also said that the arcade release increased the chances of a PC conversion back in April, but he went on to add that the game was not in development at that time.

Comments

darkhearted said on June 24, 2010 at 7:52 a.m.

YESSSSS

FDream said on June 24, 2010 at 7:54 a.m.

I hope it doesnt appear on the PC. Or else you will get a stupid registering system that forces you to be online 24/7

psy said on June 24, 2010 at 7:57 a.m.

I can't wait to pirate it as soon as it comes out.

L said on June 24, 2010 at 8:04 a.m.

I can't wait to buy it off Steam as soon as it comes out.

Rvo2099 said on June 24, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.

I would love to see the statistics of pirated SF4 and SSF4 on XBOX.

Blaming only PC for pirated copies is lame.

psy said on June 24, 2010 at 8:38 a.m.

>Go pirate other games
LMAOOOO

I'm pirating Super on every one of my computers, and only 1 of them can run it. Thanks Capcom.

CONSTvariable23 said on June 24, 2010 at 9:04 a.m.

Oh crap, this is the possibility I closed my eyes to, didn't want to imagine: PC SSFIV release, with draconian DRM. Please don't let that be what he's talking about, please...

C3TN said on June 24, 2010 at 9:29 a.m.

they better fix framerate variable thing.. i hated when some people played with <60 fps in sf4

6ixx said on June 24, 2010 at 9:33 a.m.

A actually don't want to see a pc release. It's way too easy to pirate it. You can't really say xbox because 1) you had to actually chip your xbox but that only applies to a really old version of firmware that dates back over 10 patches ago which is not available today and 2) you got your xbox live account banned if you played online on a pirated copy. 3) you can't patch the xbox copy. Besides, your argument is like 10,000 xbox pirated copies vs 300,000 + copies on pc.

Just get a new gen system to play ssfiv. Stop crying that your system doesn't have it. Wii has tatsunoko vs capcom. Ps3 and xbox have marvel vs capcom 3. You don't hear me saying " why doesn't blizzard make world of warcraft for xbox or ps3 ". You pc players are getting super irritating when it comes to the sfiv series. Stop whining.

kernelticks said on June 24, 2010 at 9:41 a.m.

There's a typical drive-by troll above me.

kernelticks said on June 24, 2010 at 9:42 a.m.

You can actually flash your xbox to play online and update it with hacked updates. I guess your stupid to not know any of this stuff.

JonIrenicus said on June 24, 2010 at 9:57 a.m.

You know what, if i would run Capcom i would make the game free to download on my site... but if you wanna play online go buy the game...

They said it them self in the past that pirating this game for "single player" is retarded and that it is ment to be played online... but i take it they didn't know how crappy g4wl protection is

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on June 24, 2010 at 9:57 a.m.

The post speaks for the majority unfortunately.

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on June 24, 2010 at 9:59 a.m.

*edit*

The 3rd post speaks for most.

semi said on June 24, 2010 at 10:06 a.m.

If they add annoying drm that hurts the gameplay, then I'll pirate it so I don't have to deal with it.

I bought 3 copies of PC SFIV (2 as steam gifts), but I'm not going to put up with some crazy copy protection scheme that only legit customers have to deal with.

trog said on June 24, 2010 at 10:10 a.m.

My friends pirated the Xbox version. SF4 and SSF4. I wonder why only the PC gets blamed for illegal copies.

CONSTvariable23 said on June 24, 2010 at 10:23 a.m.

@#10/6ixx:

First off, who cares how many copies were pirated as long as enough copies were *sold* to make a healthy profit? Not only can strong profits be made in spite of piracy, but you can't even say that every copy pirated = one not bought, because it doesn't work that way. Most pirates are, apart from being pirates, regular people with limited disposable income. Because they can play games for free they play them by the truckload; anything they think will entertain them for longer than the time it takes to download, they get. If they couldn't do that, they wouldn't shrug and start spending money like crazy. No, they'd tighten their belts and only buy/play games they really want.

But aside from that, do you work for Capcom or own stock in it? Because if not, what reason do you have to not want to see a PC release because of piracy? It's not your money on the line. It kind of sounds like your only motivation is spite, that you don't want PC gamers to have SFIV because you hate them (and possibly are jealous, heh). That's a great community building attitude you have there.

Incidentally, I would never have even dreamed of asking for SSFIV on PC if Capcom hadn't, with no input from me, decided to put SFIV on PC. Street Fighter has been a console thing since forever, so I would never have expected it originally, but Capcom made the choice to get into the PC market of their own free will. So there's really no grounds to complain that people want them to finish what they started.

Lolento said on June 24, 2010 at 10:42 a.m.

@#10 6ixx
I don't own a 360, but I know people who do. I can attest your point #1 is partly wrong (you do need modding, but even fairly recent consoles can be modded), #2 talks about a tiny minority, and #3 is completely off the mark.

@#19 Clovr4Lyf
And, by this reasoning, why would there be reason to buy a transient version?

Ex_Ein said on June 24, 2010 at 10:49 a.m.

@CONST
How do you know they'll turn a healty profit? and like Clovr(which is probably one of the first time I'm agreeing with him) is that there is higher chance of piracy just because of expected shelf life(Ono said it himself this is going to be the last SF4 iteration, though they are probably going to be releasing patches some that might make it "Super Street FIghter 4 Turbo/Hyper Fighting/Final Waltz" the last one comes from a Waltz being based on a three fourths measure).

He has interest in what capcom's finaical situation with this mainly because, this might cause Capcom to become more reserved and play it very safe or worse might cause Capcom to lose money that they were planning going to use on other games or not put their faith in PC gaming any more

Ex_Ein said on June 24, 2010 at 10:52 a.m.

@lolento, do you mean by like 3 to 4 years? because that sees very less tranisent, Ono's team wants a break from SF, The TVC team is working on MVC3, which is a different kinda fighter

Ex_Ein said on June 24, 2010 at 10:54 a.m.

A tranisent fighter would be more of SF4 to SSF4, ono says this is the last SF until SF5 which doesn't need to see the light of day for 3 to 4 years like many other sequels

Mourne said on June 24, 2010 at 11 a.m.

Sorry, but many people are going to pirate it after having bought the 360 or PS3 versions. I can see how they'd not want to justify paying for it yet again, and I will be pirating it myself.

yes4me said on June 24, 2010 at 11:08 a.m.

While I really wish for a PC version, I can understand why PC is always last due to piracy. Piracy is something I don't think can ever be fixed but... maybe they can distribute only by internet a version that slightly is different between each computer based on the computer ID and force registration thought the use of cellphone. Maybe it will help a little to fight against piracy. It may piss some people, but if it can help, why not.

Banzai said on June 24, 2010 at 11:20 a.m.

SF is the most fun to play online. So it doesn't matter how many times it will ripped, those guys who wanne play this game will buy it.

tensai said on June 24, 2010 at 11:23 a.m.

this is retarded. DONT USE GFWL. any game released on gfwl that has multiplayer will get pirated over 9000%

I_want_your_sister said on June 24, 2010 at 11:24 a.m.

Spending money is for suckers. Pirates FTW!

Chryo said on June 24, 2010 at 11:43 a.m.

#28 The problem with GFWL is that by default it allows you to share cdkeys and use them to activate any game (i.e. buy a $10 GFWL game and activate SFIV, RE5, Arkham Asylum, Dawn of War II, etc. etc. etc.).

I say "by default" because developers can choose to make the key unique to a single game and gamertag. Codemasters did this with DiRT 2 and it worked great, yes, the game was pirated still, but all the online experience was locked out.

If Capcom did this with SSFIV, which is a game with a heavy emphasis on online play, pirates would only get a very stripped down game and most people would be forced to buy it instead of asking for a cdkey or using one from another game.

wongba said on June 24, 2010 at 11:48 a.m.

if having a persistent online connection is what is required to get this game released, then i'm all for it. i despise the necessity, but i'd rather see this released than not at all.

BlankaBeast said on June 24, 2010 at 11:50 a.m.

WOOO PC FTW!! I dont care WHAT they do with DRM, I will buy it first day no matter what to support Capcom on PC.

It sounds like a pre-release statement to me. Sales are slowing on the consoles so it only makes sense to release on PC soon.

DoomGuy86 said on June 24, 2010 at 12:03 p.m.

SFIV Spanish fan here! CAPCOM, bring to real Street Fighter Fans this great game to PC!!!! No matter when, just do it!!!

Chryo said on June 24, 2010 at 12:16 p.m.

@BlankaBeast
Yeah, even if they put some crap Ubisoft style DRM I'm going to buy it. Capcom is a company and understands sales, so I'll vote with my wallet.

Hey, by the way... where's KenScrub?

Rave_Zero said on June 24, 2010 at 12:24 p.m.

Copy protection systems and aggressive DRM only hurts legal PC players and causes additional licensing costs.

The best copy protection is still a simple individual CD-Key check, which requires an constant internet-connection (at least to protect the multiplayer part of the game).
As soon as there is a "double key" in use, the system will disconnect the pirate from multiplayer-servers.

I'm fine with a Digital/Steam-Only release for SSF4 on PC either, just add some additional "steam-achievements" which can only be unlocked with an active internet connection, to make this game less interesting for pirates.

Oroku_Saki said on June 24, 2010 at 12:27 p.m.

I can't wait to get to some modding with this..........Super Street Fighter IV: Rainbow edition.

Jarkyttaa said on June 24, 2010 at 12:40 p.m.

Again, the issue isn't the number of pirate copies, but only the number of purchased copies. Seth said in an interview that Capcom was very happy with the sales figures for SFIV for the PC. Many studies have shown that 1 pirated copy does not equal 1 lost sale, as most people who pirate a game would never ever play it unless they pirated, and most people who pirate games pirate tons at a time and play very few of them extensively, unlike people who buy the game.

Ex_Ein said on June 24, 2010 at 12:50 p.m.

Happy doesn't mean it did well just that it did enough to cover it's cost most likely

Rave_Zero said on June 24, 2010 at 12:51 p.m.

It's true that 1 pirated copy is not equal to 1 lost customer.

SF4 brought back BeatEmUps to PCs and was delayed some weeks in Europe, so even people who pirated the game (because they couldn't wait any longer and watch others playing) also bought SF4 after it was officially available in their country.

Balloon said on June 24, 2010 at 12:53 p.m.

The piracy vs DRM issue reminded me of this:

Now, I may be naive in the way of game piracy, but isn't Steam pretty good at keeping things secure? Capcom may want to go that route with SSF4 (they're already doing so with RE5).

Unfortunately, I do not have a PS3, 360, or a PC good enough to run the game. I was designed to never be able to own SF4.

Balloon said on June 24, 2010 at 12:55 p.m.

@Rave_Zero:

When you mentioned the Steam Achievements, the first one that came to mind was, "Fire 1000 Hadoukens".

Ryukenden said on June 24, 2010 at 1:07 p.m.

The reason why SSF4 won't come for PC soon is because of piracy. Many people would download PC version before buying console version and Capcom would lose money.

darko_p86 said on June 24, 2010 at 1:49 p.m.

another pc release so broke mothafukas like you all can pirate it again. FUK THAT! why dont you just get off your lazy fat a$$ and get it legitimately? <<< there is a good suggestion to you dumb idiots, cuz if you ever end up where I work, i will laugh my aSS off at you while you're bangin your head against the cell. HA Ha

no wonder ono is not confirming it 100%. he's thinking about it cuz of all the cheap skates like yu wh live in the basement like cartman on that one episode; all fat and fused to the chair and whenever u need to take a sh!t you hollar "MOOOOOMMMMM!!" then she come runnin to you just to help you take a sh!t while youre busy playin a pirated fukin copy of one of the best fighting games ever.

For all the cheap uneducated mothafukas who pirate it cuz their dumb ass is too lazy to get a job and get it legally, heres some final words you REALLY will understand; FUK YOU! FUK ALL OF YALL. GET A JOB YOU BUM. HAA HAA HA hA ha ha

tokyobassist said on June 24, 2010 at 1:53 p.m.

You PC owners want your nude mods that bad lol? Go buy a PS3/360 and enjoy. Makes me question whether you guys like dress up games or fighters. Sorry for the pseudo-trolling but I'm just saying. It does play smooth on consoles if that's your break or buy decision.

Banzai said on June 24, 2010 at 2:02 p.m.

sh*t i need nuuuude mod !!

Kawalorn said on June 24, 2010 at 2:05 p.m.

#43 Wow you really seem to make console players like inteligent and well mannered people... Tell ya what wait till ya at least 14 years old until you try to communicate with someone... (And I mean mentaly)

#44 There is a saying in my country "The one who is hungry thinks of bread"

Piracy? Don't give me that SFIV sold well and if Capcom won't make a mistake with GFWL again SSFIV can sell only better. Get some new arguments cause that really begins to look pathetic and doesn't show ANY good about you guys.

shakumafu said on June 24, 2010 at 2:28 p.m.

I really don't understand capcom's logic. I'm a PC gamer, and my main game has become SF4 (once it came out for PC). I bought it (steam ftw) and encouraged two of my friends to buy it. By prolonging this release, I'm just about to buy a PS3 primarily for Super, and if they ever do release it for PC, i'm just going to pirate it this time because I just dropped $340 to play one game, I'm not going to pay any more. At least with vanilla they told us it was coming, albeit 4 months late.

I realize capcom doesn't owe me anything, but I feel like they're trying to drop the PC platform by encouraging PC piracy with these tactics (shafting PC gamers with late releases assuming they bought console versions), then using piracy numbers to back up their stance. Now maybe that's a bit far fetched, but capcom's attitude certainly follows the trend of decline in PC gaming.

Pig_Red said on June 24, 2010 at 2:31 p.m.

Capcom have no releases planned for the rest of this fiscal year. If we're getting a PC version, it won't be until April 2011 at the earliest.

kernelticks said on June 24, 2010 at 2:34 p.m.

To all pc gamers. ignore drive-by trolls.

Jarkyttaa said on June 24, 2010 at 2:38 p.m.

Well I'm glad all the arguments against a PC release are based on fact and aren't at all based on baseless stereotypes.

I do little gaming, so paying $400 for a system and the game and then enough money for a TV, plus the system-specific controllers is not worth it to play SSFIV. I play SFIV on my PC a lot, and enjoy it very much, and bought it legitimately. So you could say I am a cheapskate, in that I would much rather pay $40 to play it instead of paying $500+ to play it.

Not everyone owns an Xbox/PS3 or plays enough games to validate the purchase. Congrats to everyone who can afford it/has someone buy it for you and plays it enough to make it worth it.

JonIrenicus said on June 24, 2010 at 2:41 p.m.

Ohh god... there are so many monkeys out there who still blame piracy... well there are people out there who still thinks Britney Spears is the greatest singer of our time. So let me break it for you. I know it is useless but i am bored so here to comes.

How much does a console cost ? 200$ - 300$. And it can run anything made for it without any problem. Just insert the CD in and there it goes.

How much does a PC cost ? 500 for the minim requirements ( feel free to add the monitor costs ) 1k a decent one around 2k-3k for the latest thing in technology. Also to add you have to install an OS, drivers, etc.

NOW this is why consoles market is a lot bigger this day then lets say 10 years ago. And every decent dude out there who finish high school is going to make the best economic decision regarding on what platform to release a game.

I am pretty sure there is going to be an smartass out who is gonna post something retarded like "there are a lot more PCs out there then consoles". This has nothing to do with gaming. People buy PC to WORK on them not play. I don't see multinational companies editing important business contracts using a PAD or a Stick.

PC and consoles can all be gaming devices, but since there are alot more people who pay 200$ on a console then 1k on a pc for just playing game, as a manager in a company you have to keep this in mind... all the time.

This goes around in all businesses around the world. There is a market out there for people who spend 100k$ on a watch, but trust me, a company who makes 50$ watches makes alot more money.

Also regarding gaming... did you know that more of 50% of the people who buy games are females ? Yeah it sounds strange, but it is not. They buy them for their kids. And it is a lot easyer for her to buy a console game, cuz she doesn't have to bother installing the game and any other crap.

On another side note, there are more moneys to be made out of PC games, from a company point of view, then on the consoles. And here it is why. Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony get around 12$ for every sold game that works on their consoles. You don't belive me, check this link http://www.gametrailers.com/video/epi... now on the PC they don't have to pay anything else, so they get the extra 12$ as profit. So for every given game who sold 1mil copies on consoles and 1mil on PC. The Company makes alot more money on the PC then on the consoles, you go make the math how much they get from it.

So plz...if you think that piracy is the reason for everything... then maybe Hollywood should stop making movies cuz all movies made are on the internet from day1, same goes for music companies or any novel writer.

Piracy is everywhere, deal with it. It has nothing to do with the PC or the consoles, and it is not the reason why companies started to focus more on the consoles market. And why, well basically cuz there are more poor people out there then rich ones.

ieswk said on June 24, 2010 at 2:42 p.m.

FINALLY SOME NEWSSSSSSSS

djoxyy said on June 24, 2010 at 2:44 p.m.

Funk yeah!!
Finally some news.

kernelticks said on June 24, 2010 at 2:57 p.m.

@JonIrenicus

Very insightful.

6ixx said on June 24, 2010 at 3:11 p.m.

@ CONSTvariable23

What difference does it make if Capcom makes healthy profits off selling their game? Pirating is still pirating. Because it's way more viable to be a pirated PC copy than a pirated Xbox copy, it means that Capcom could be loosing money that should have been rightfully theirs to begin with.
Sure, I can't say for sure that one pirated copy = one legit copy not bought, but I can say that it is a fair assumption to think so. If you have a Legit copy, why would you go out to make a pirated version? There isn't a gain other than the person making either multiple copies to sell for profit, or to use for their own personal tournaments.

Why should I care whether or not PC gets SSFIV? I honestly don't have anything to gain that is tangible but if the SF series were to end because of SSFIV PC Piracy
(Very Highly Unlikely), I would be seriously pissed. Piracy only promotes Capcom not creating new games because of loss of revenue. Capcom is a business you know... Usually when a game sells bad, they stop making more of that game or its iterations.

As for your last remark, it's not you personally, but your pc gaming community in general. PC gamers for a long time had lots of hit games ( including fighters ) that weren't accessible to any other system but as soon as SFIV comes out for PC and Super SFIV is announced for other systems
(Not at the same time), your PC players base loses their friggen minds. Chances are, if you have a PC that can play SF4 at standard resolution ( thats a really high standard btw), you can afford a new gen system. Instead of complaining why it's not for your system, why don't you actually support the games you love so much and just buy a new gen system.

@ kernelticks

No one wants unbalanced hacked updates that probably aren't the same as the legit but only close to it. That's like saying why don't we all play MUGEN. You've lost all your credibility as a competitive gamer with that retarted statement.

@ Lolento

While some of your statements I have to admit are true, I'm ppositive you didn't thourougly read #3 or at least understand what I meant. Hacked versions of the patches aren't the same as Legit patches. Hacked versions of patches are just guessed estimates of the real patch. It's not the same so don't feed me BS in your arguments

Caramujov2 said on June 24, 2010 at 3:20 p.m.

Well, I know several people that plays pirate games on Xbox 360. It´s just as easy as it is on PC.

I think they´ll release the PC version of SSF4 along with the arcade version. lol

Kawalorn said on June 24, 2010 at 3:22 p.m.

@6ixx Yeah thats a very good reasoning "So what if we gonna sell 40 millions copies if 400 millions will get pirated? So what if that's the record selling? WE LOST 400 MILIONS COPIES AND THAT PISSES IS OF!". You should learn more about business. I don't see Activision being pissed off at Modern Warfare 2 being the most pirated game ever of 2009. :/

Kawalorn said on June 24, 2010 at 3:27 p.m.

EDIT: As for patches are you saying that pirates are making they own pathces trying to make them similar to the official ones? Wow not that are some tinfoil hat teories. Just change some code and VOILA you have a fully working patch on a pirated copy... You really like to speak about something knowing nothing about it do you?

Johnry said on June 24, 2010 at 3:36 p.m.

I bought SF4 for PC and the main problem is that the GfWL support is sh1t. I am especially annoyed by those fucqing hackers 99Kings (amongst others) for putting their BP and GP to 999999999999 and GfWL refuse to do anything about it even though there have been many complaints.
Piracy... well... if the producer wants to withhold a product for such reasons, the consumer should shut the hell up - it's not as though you DESERVE to have it on PC or anything. If you love the game that much then buy a PS3/Xbox!

Pnume said on June 24, 2010 at 3:46 p.m.

I would like to tell Ono to stop fucqing around and make that game Steam exclusive!

The Piracy Argument is totally irrelevant for this game:
1 - PC Player are not Console player! They are alone in front of their computer. Online gaming is thus a key feature!

2 - with point 1 in mind most pirated games are only for trial. A pirate who didn't bought the game afterward probably didn't like it so much.

3 - If luxury businesses were focusing on the number of counterfeit products out there before lauching new products they would stop their business! What kind of retard cares about the number of pirated games as long as the game is profitable enough?

JungleMan said on June 24, 2010 at 3:48 p.m.

look, they're sick of their game getting pirated. they're sick of their intellectual capital being stolen. All you pirates out there wouldn't be to happy if some gangsta hoodlum broke into your house and stole your stuff. So why do you think it's alright to steal Capcom's stuff. if you're not will to pay for the game, you can't have it. That's America; that's capitalism.

Kawalorn said on June 24, 2010 at 3:53 p.m.

@Up And that's big enough reason to realease this game PS3 only. So you better shut it up if ya don't wanna Xbox 360 kiddos whining on forums.

To "Buy a console" dudes. Wonder if you would be so smart in our situation. :/ You know nothing about is so don't say anything or go get some actual knowledge.

PhinnyCupcakes said on June 24, 2010 at 4 p.m.

someone needs to tell ono about the wonders of steam

Chryo said on June 24, 2010 at 4:23 p.m.

I don't get the people upset about PC gamers wanting a port of SSFIV. How does it affect you in any way? Just let them be, if they get the port, great, if they don't, nothing changes for you.

You don't HAVE to read their requests to Capcom. Seriously, you're just trolling.

And to all those bashing the PC version and talking about lost sales, piracy, profitability and whatnot, just stop. Capcom is a business, and as a business they have a team of people that are surely more qualified than you to determine the viability of a PC version. I honestly don't know why it hasn't been released yet, but they have a reason (stupid or not) and we don't know what it is. This piracy argument is just gonna keep on going until the end of time.

Jarkyttaa said on June 24, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.

@6ixx: http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Anoth... This is for iphone games, but the same logic applies. If you can point to any studies done saying that piracy directly leads to a significant loss of sales (say 20% or more), I'd love to see them.

Also, you make so many assumptions to the point of it being border-line offensive. I own a ~$1,000 computer because I use it for a significant source of my income as a designer. It just so happens that it runs games quite well, too. While I could sink $1,000 into my PC, I can't sink $400-500+ (gaming system, peripherals, the game, a TV to play it on) onto a game system that I would only use to play SSFIV.

I paid full-price for my copy of SFIV for PC (not all PC users are pirates, as you make it seem) and I was far from the only one.

To take a step aside from everyone baselessly attacking PC gamers: I've thought from the beginning that the plan would be to bring SSFIV to the PC. For SFIV, the PC version was announced long before the console release. With the piracy statistics, Capcom was likely concerned that people didn't buy the console version, waiting until the PC version to pirate it instead. By waiting until sales for the console versions start to fall off to announce the PC release, Capcom would ensure that piracy on the PC would not cut into their console sales.

Saikobooru said on June 24, 2010 at 4:39 p.m.

I want this so that I can play SSFIV on my laptop.
SSFIV practice wherever I go! Yeeeeahh

lolwut said on June 24, 2010 at 4:54 p.m.

Capcom knows the numbers better than all of you, so stfu. They know if it's not worth making based on the sales numbers from the vanilla PC version and the current numbers for the console versions. TBH, the numbers are solid, but not great.

Jarkyttaa said on June 24, 2010 at 5:04 p.m.

So Capcom knows the numbers better than all of us, but not better than you? You somehow know something the rest of us don't because you're some kind of Capcom insider?

TheMasterPlayer said on June 24, 2010 at 5:36 p.m.

it's all bout the BENJAMINS, that's what I say!...

monkeydhugo said on June 24, 2010 at 6:43 p.m.

they should put it up on ONLIVE.

Orberen said on June 24, 2010 at 7:09 p.m.

Crackers, sometimes even before a game is released to the public, will have already cracked the game and pirates will already have access to the game DRM free; well legit customers who want to support the game/company end up shafted with over excessive DRM

Why don't companies understand that putting any form of DRM into their PC games ONLY hurts the legitimate buyers. And excessive DRM schemes (forced to be online 100%) may cause legit buyers to end up pirating.

Psycho said on June 24, 2010 at 7:29 p.m.

I'm buying this from GFW MARKETPLACE! if released...

BlankaBeast said on June 24, 2010 at 9:07 p.m.

Again, DRM it like crazy, I dont care, I know you have to protect the goods. No matter what - I am day ONE kickin your ass on PC SUPER! PC FTW!!!

lolwut said on June 24, 2010 at 9:38 p.m.

@Jarkyttaa

I never say I know the numbers better than Capcom. I said Capcom knows the numbers better than people like you.

Since you like linking articles, here's one for you: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3...

The console version did mediocre sales; the PC version will perform worse. With numbers like that, Capcom is afraid of the PC version not performing well...especially under piracy.

k9black said on June 24, 2010 at 9:48 p.m.

Capcom's best bet is to release it on Steam for $30 or so. Make it cheap enough that plenty of people won't mind paying for it. My 2 cents anyway.

samachu said on June 24, 2010 at 10:43 p.m.

If you couldn't cheat the system by using any games for windows live cd key then if half a million people pirate it wouldn't be a problem because they won't be playing online.

GFWL is a flawed system though and as #76 said it should be exclusively for steam. Can't cheat steam nearly as easy as GFWL

tokyobassist said on June 25, 2010 at 1:07 a.m.

@62 I have been in that situation before with EVERY console I EVER bought genius. People like you make PC gamers look like spoiled brats that are scared to leave their comfort zone. Just because I stated my opinion doesn't mean you gotta agree and call people stupid.

I'll go make better arguements just for you if you're willing to not be a hypocrite >_<.

pandemic said on June 25, 2010 at 2:47 a.m.

I can't stand the argument "get over yourself and just buy a console, it's so cheap". Or that dude wondering if we'd just buy it for the skins.

As #66 pointed out, have you ever considered you can play PC games on a laptop? So all you need is a decent laptop and two controllers and you can play the game wherever you want, try that out with your huge hunk of plastic that requires a screen.
Also SF4 looks miles better on PC than on consoles.

I'll buy SSF4 the day it comes out on PC (supposed it does), just as I did with SF4.

Kawalorn said on June 25, 2010 at 7:47 a.m.

@78 What did I step in your poor ego?
Didn't you think that we can't AFFORD to leave our platform? For example where I come from EVERY console game is 2-3 times more expensive than a PC game and consoles are also more expensive than your "300$". I don't even want to mention things like that Xbox Live isn't properly working here.
Also didn't call anyone stupid only stated that console players have poor knowledge about PC game industry.
Well now come up with some better arguments if you're willing not be a liar >_<.

quick_charge said on June 25, 2010 at 8:32 a.m.

I can't wait for SSF4 on PC, Nubian Chun Li Mod here I cum!!!

Pig_Red said on June 25, 2010 at 1:59 p.m.

@75 SSF4 sold exceptionally well when you consider that it was a revision with a fraction of SF4's development and advertising costs. I mean, SF4 had to be built from the ground up and it was in development for 3 years with an extended advertising and hype campaign taking place simultaneously. SSF4, on the other hand, was in development for a year with roughly an 8 month hype campaign. I'm sure the return on investment has been tremendous.

CMAyhem said on June 25, 2010 at 4:35 p.m.

working in a arcade version and not on a pc version is pretty lame!!!

how much money do they gain from arcade!?
if somebody knows pls tell me, cause near my house a coin to play "pump" and some other stuffs is like 10 cents

BlankaBeast said on June 25, 2010 at 6:35 p.m.

They are working on a pc version, that is the point. They said to "just wait" right before they announced the arcade version too.

TheOGB said on June 25, 2010 at 7:11 p.m.

Have a Steam-only release.

Pnume said on June 26, 2010 at 1:17 a.m.

@CMAyhem #83

It's not about money it is about prestige and bring to the game top japanese arcade player who won't commit to the game until it goes to Arcade

CMAyhem said on June 26, 2010 at 4:52 a.m.

so u see my point? if money doesnt matter , fu*k this piracy excuse and release the pc version

SpARelentless said on June 26, 2010 at 6:22 a.m.

People don't realise that a certain number of pirated copys doesn't mean the same amount of legal copys that would've been selled otherwise. Most people that pirate games do it just because they can. If they couldn't pirate games, it doesn't mean they would instead buy the games they normally pirate so the company in fact doesn't lose any money.

cearbeartron said on June 27, 2010 at 10:09 a.m.

@SpARelentless #88

I agree, 1 000 000 pirated copies does not mean 1 000 000 lost sales in any way, and you cannot compare it to stealing either because a pirated copy doesn't give any direct losses.

Not to say that pirating is good but I would probably not have bought ssf4 or sf4 if it wouldn't have been for me pirating it for PC first, heck I would probably not even be as in to fighters as I am now and wouldn't buy MVC3 either.

Developers are to absent minded these days, especially when it comes to pirating. Same goes to a lot of people writing here on the comments...

Lolento said on June 28, 2010 at 12:25 a.m.

@#55 6ixx
I could be wrong here, but the hacked patches are closer to edits of the official releases (to remove any mod protection) than to "guesses". Still, even if it's not the official patch, are there practical differences?

@#23 Ex_Ein
I'm replying to the argument that it makes no sense to buy the final version of SFIV. The transient version here is vanilla IV, not Super.

oz999 said on July 11, 2010 at 3:52 p.m.

I see no reason to "go buy a 360/PS3" when I'm a PC gamer and have largely been a PC gamer since the 80's. I mean why go out and spend all this $$$ when your PC is plenty powerful enough and when all systems are dead and gone the PC will still be here. And whatever I want to play that is exclusive can wait till whatever console it's on is dying out/cheap. I have kids and bills so thats were 95% of $$$ goes so the little thats left I'm sure not going to spend on a $300 system.

SmoothJK said on July 21, 2010 at 5:54 a.m.

I have the PS3 version, and I'm still dying to have the PC version. It's almost like playing offline...so much quicker (bye bye annoying loading and saving times), no input delay, etc. Not to mention superior graphics.

And piracy is a sorry excuse for not releasing a game. You still made money, and probably half those pirates bought the game anyway--maybe just wanted a head start in the annoying character unlocking process. It almost seems petulant and vindictive to punish everyone. Piracy is a reality, so stop acting like you can stop it by showing people who's boss or something.