Sven: Solid flow of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 info over the next six weeks

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • December 23, 2010 at 1:31 a.m. PST
Sven: Solid flow of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 info over the next six weeks Expect a solid flow of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 information over the next six or so weeks, according to Capcom's Christian Svensson. MvC3 is set a February 15, 2011 launch date.

Svensson and Seth Killian also went on to answer a few other fan questions about MvC3 and some other fighting game subjects as well.

Will the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 CG episodes be on the game disc?

Seth Killian: Yep, they're unlockables, and they're gorgeous. :)

Since there are no more conventions and its only two months until MvC3 is released, it seems like you're trying hard to space out info so they can keep the hype alive.

Svensson: We still have quite a few good venues for making announcements/providing hands-on opportunities still. Don't worry. There will be solid flow of information in the six weeks or so leading up to launch.

Can you please put Sigma in Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

Svensson: I don't believe this is in the cards guys.

What are the chances for Alpha 2 to make its way onto PSN & XBLA? — JazzyNYC99

Svensson: I'll never say never, but I think I'd be a hard sell around here.

To be fair, I believe Street Fighter Alpha 2 for PS1 is up on PSN for download currently (unless my memory is somehow failing me).

I just found it strange that Capcom Japan used Tatsunoko artists for TvC but when Capcom USA got involved they kicked out the Tatsunoko art and shoehorned in Udon Art. I don't mind Udon, but it's a shame to see them toss out all the Tatsunoko side art. — Gojiguy

Svensson: For clarification, the U.S. team had nothing to do with this decision. The producer (Ryota Niitsuma) made that call. Either way, the end results were still good.

Udon does a LOT of work for Capcom Japan directly.

Svensson: Actually, Street Fighter X Tekken WAS Ono's idea and he put the deal together with Namco.

I won't go point by point but most of your rampant speculation is WAY off guys. Believe me or don't, the proof will be in the pudding over the next five years.

Suffice to say, there's still more than 1,000 production staff and most of the directors (the real creative sorts) have never left Capcom. We've expanded and brought in 170 more folks (new blood) in Vancouver at Capcom Vancouver.

High level production talent has left Capcom over it's 20 year history (Okamoto, Funamizu, Nishitani, etc.) and it hasn't lead to a downturn yet.

Anyway, question answered. Believe what you choose.

You guys should release a Capcom Classics Collection with titles like Super Gem Fighters and Saturday Night Slam Masters 1 & 2.

Svensson: Noted. [...] I can say there really aren't any plans for new Capcom Classics Collections at this time. That said, we're approaching the part of the hardware lifecycle that we possibly should be.

Source: Capcom Unity Boards.

Comments

Ex_Ein said on December 23, 2010 at 1:45 a.m.

I'm a Sigma fan and Alpha 2 is up on PSN

keving0d said on December 23, 2010 at 1:49 a.m.

Hmm chun li

Nyoronoru said on December 23, 2010 at 1:50 a.m.

"Yoshinori Ono wanted to make Darkstalkers, but he was forced to make Street Fighter X Tekken, which is an illogical crossover. All of your talent left recently, your company is going down, etc."

Eh? Who writes this stuff?

Mr_Clack said on December 23, 2010 at 1:54 a.m.

I wonder what great NEW ORIGINAL IPs Capcom is coming up with.

Dead Rising and Lost Planet are hardly big names.

maxs2d2ace said on December 23, 2010 at 1:55 a.m.

yea really.. i thought the first 2 questions where resonable, but the other questions where kinda lame. i mean really, a Capcom Classics Collection? who will buy that?

Realpolitix said on December 23, 2010 at 1:55 a.m.

I would sue Capcom for information negligence. So stingy with new info. xD

shinshom said on December 23, 2010 at 1:57 a.m.

Fou-Lu T_T...... don't toss him out from mvc3.... make him DLC please.....

mag44 said on December 23, 2010 at 2:08 a.m.

@4: Sad, lonely losers/trolls in a basement somewhere...

Ex_Ein said on December 23, 2010 at 2:08 a.m.

@Mr Clack
Not many new IPs are coming out across the industry and if you mad about it create your own

Ex_Ein said on December 23, 2010 at 2:09 a.m.

@maxs2d2ace
I would

Phynx said on December 23, 2010 at 2:12 a.m.

I'd think Ryu and Nina would be more likely to make it in if BoF had any chance, they're far more iconic. Although, Fou-Lu certainly would be nice too. I'm still crossing my fingers on at least one representative.

kingofthesharks said on December 23, 2010 at 2:21 a.m.

The solution to not having new IPs is to cross them over like SF X Tekken! lol.....

Gameplan said on December 23, 2010 at 3:02 a.m.

@#10
I hear you, nowadays there's hardly any new IPs, let alone any *good* new ones. Besides, I don't care if DR and LP aren't "big names", they're great IPs and I love their games. Couldn't care less what some "big" review site thinks is or isn't a "big name".

FOOOLS said on December 23, 2010 at 3:22 a.m.

Hey i thought sven said it would be a slow dribbly reveal process until launch and now it's a nice flow ?

either way im hype..the only thing that would put the icing on the cake is for dictator to be in this !!!!

ultrapowerlevel said on December 23, 2010 at 4:44 a.m.

I prefer Mega Man X over Sigma. We need X finally even if its DLC.

Bison said on December 23, 2010 at 5:27 a.m.

Well it would look that Niitsuma hint about the 12 donuts might actually be true based upon this time timeline. 2 fighters per week for 6 weeks would be awesome. If this be the case, then Bison may still be in this match.

Dude130 said on December 23, 2010 at 5:31 a.m.

This part annoys me.

Yet another person who's blowing steam because he didn't get what he wanted so he makes up false claims.

Sektah84 said on December 23, 2010 at 7:43 a.m.

Can we alien vs predator arcade on live/psn?

Cammystrike said on December 23, 2010 at 8:14 a.m.

@Bison you're being overly optimistic if you believe there's still twelve characters to be announced. I'm not rooting against it, it's just highly unlikely.

Hakansoilbarrel said on December 23, 2010 at 9:23 a.m.

(Agree w/ #4, lol. I know Japan's game industry isn't doing GREAT, but Capcom is definitely NOT a sinking ship, lmao...)

NWAndroid said on December 23, 2010 at 9:32 a.m.

Of course Sigma isn't in the cards. He's the perfect combination of things Capcom seems down on: MMX characters and Capcom villains. So take that person who asked a question!

I just made myself cry.

Eh, I'm sure I'll be happy with the end result.

FOOOLS said on December 23, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.

12 characters just seems too good to be true

Nitecrawler said on December 23, 2010 at 10:10 a.m.

wouldn't you guys have preferred a new Darkstalkers over SF v Tekken? I know I would! Tekken is so dead to me...

cvs said on December 23, 2010 at 12:15 p.m.

@18 Pretty much everyone's like that.Mainly about mvc3 atm though.

ImmortalBison said on December 23, 2010 at 12:23 p.m.

Iwould have preferred a new Darkstalkers but that question was just weak. Not to mention vaguely insulting.

tokyobassist said on December 23, 2010 at 12:24 p.m.

That last sentence bothers me. I can understand the Wii and 360 needing the upgrade soon but the PS3 has just been improving a great deal within the last 2 years as far as exclusive content and sales go.

maxs2d2ace said on December 23, 2010 at 1:30 p.m.

i stand corrected ={

kara said on December 23, 2010 at 1:46 p.m.

Utils said on December 23, 2010 at 2:40 p.m.

I rather get a heavy flow.

(Ha! Menstruation!)

SnakeX said on December 23, 2010 at 2:52 p.m.

Although I knew Sigma wouldn't be in the game, seeing him directly shot down still broke my heart a little.

cadnexus said on December 23, 2010 at 2:55 p.m.

I know this is off the topic but,Hey check this out, I think I may have found something on the Spider Man trailer. If you look up between the flames and the shield carrier you'll see a flying object which either looks like some sort of plane or someone on a glider. It's an object to your left. Could possibly be Green Goblin. Who knows, could be Green Goblin finishing the job to bomb up the Shield Carrier. I don't know if this was mentioned earlier or if this is old news, but I never seen someone mention it check it out!!! It's definitely an unidentified flying object that's for sure.

BATZARRO said on December 23, 2010 at 4:48 p.m.

Agreed, SnakeX. When I heard Marvel's and Capcom's top villains where getting together, I didn't think it'd be "Akuma and the REvils". Such is life.

jaskoftrades said on December 23, 2010 at 4:49 p.m.

I could see them not revealing the last few characters and let people find out for themselves when they play the game.

MANDINGO said on December 24, 2010 at 12:10 p.m.