Sven: There won't be a flood of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 character reveals

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • December 10, 2010 at 3:37 p.m. PST
Sven: There won't be a flood of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 character reveals Capcom mentioned recently that they would not have a flurry of character reveals for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, instead fans will see a slow, deliberate trickle of information until the game is released in mid-February.

Company V.P., Christian Svensson also fielded a number of other questions recently, here's the skinny.

At the rate the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 character reveals are coming, we're either looking at a fairly small roster or there will be a mass reveal/more frequent reveals up until the release date. Can someone give a statement concerning said matter? — Greg

Svensson: It'll be a slow, deliberate trickle... all the way through launch.

You said there's, "maybe something else somewhere," in regards to another fighting game project. Ryota Niitsuma said "it would be a waste to develop only one Wii fighter for the TvC stick," and you added that there are an undisclosed number of Wii projects in development, is it possible there's another fighting game project on the Wii coming from Capcom or 8ing?

Svensson: Not a chance that I'm commenting on this the way you're asking. :-X

I will say, we have recently released several virtual console arcade titles for Wii. We'll see what else the future holds later.

I'd like to know if its legal to host tournaments with a fee to enter for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter 4? I'm thinking of opening a shop in the summer for competitive gaming.

Svensson: Asking questions of a legal variety is a very slippery slope.

I'm not going to tell you, "this is fine, you're in the clear." I'm also not going to tell you how little value there would be in actually policing this at the scale you're talking about.

I will say the major gaming leagues have been after us for ages to engage with them on Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4 and future titles. In the past, one big one decided to go off and set up tournaments and solicit sponsors for said tournaments without our approval. I will say that they will not be doing so in the future.

The end user license agreement (EULA) within every package of the game spells out the rights you're granted by Capcom. Anything not listed there should be deemed as not conferred to the, "letter of the law."

A Prayer to God: Please release a Street Fighter game for the Wii.

Svensson: Noted.

Will SSFIV ever going to make it to the Xbox 360's Games on Demand service? — Jesse

Svensson: Yes, but timing is a bit unknown. Should have more news in the next few weeks.

Source: Unity Boards.

Comments

Struggs said on December 10, 2010 at 4:01 p.m.

Well just means that MvC3's roster isn't going to get much bigger. I bet they announce 6 more characters and that's it.

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on December 10, 2010 at 4:08 p.m.

BISSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Better be announced.

Wesker will be all alone...

T.T

SHOGUN said on December 10, 2010 at 4:10 p.m.

I hope they do announce 2 more next Saturday for Jump Festa.

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on December 10, 2010 at 4:10 p.m.

No comment means:

Saying NO is an incorrect answer... but I can't say YES because it's under wraps.

To make it simple. No Comment = yes...shhhhh!!!

VideoKid106 said on December 10, 2010 at 4:23 p.m.

@3 Maybe Megaman because of his birthday and Elektra... I'm starting to doubt about frank... he is not in the storm/viper artwork.

Strider96 said on December 10, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.

uhhh @3 i think ono said they arent going to be at jump festa if anything they will just normally announce them I hope

BlackHart said on December 10, 2010 at 4:31 p.m.

The Wii doesnt deserve a SF title.

PaX said on December 10, 2010 at 4:42 p.m.

I need juggernaut. So bad. Meh. ( or holocaust/nemesis (not from re, already disconfirmed )
I also need haggar, wish they announce them together !

DemonDethchase said on December 10, 2010 at 4:46 p.m.

why not BlackHart? Hell if the 3DS or whatever its called, I cannae mind the name, can get SFIV3D then surely the Wii can get a version of it as everyone whatever their console PS, X-Box or Wii should get some Street Fighter action. Or failing that another Tatsunoko Vs Capcom would be most welcome only this time with the 3vs3 to keep up with Marvel.

Lavama said on December 10, 2010 at 4:48 p.m.

Darnit Capcom! We need Nimrod! I know he's Uncanny X-Men, and Marvel choose those people, but, come on...

DestinyZX1 said on December 10, 2010 at 4:50 p.m.

#5 I pray... I pray to Capcom... please bring Mega Man to MvC3. It won't be the same without the original Blue Bomber.

SoundwaveButcher said on December 10, 2010 at 5:01 p.m.

the best fighters will be DLC...just saying

thus making people buy favorites or Top Tier

DestinyZX1 said on December 10, 2010 at 5:02 p.m.

I agree though the game will allow the option for players to fight against DLC characters that they didn't wish to purchase.

cvs said on December 10, 2010 at 5:03 p.m.

Oh well,the game comes out soon anyways so that's understandable about slowing down the reveals.As far as tier list are concerned,they won't really matter because of dlc characters.

SHOGUN said on December 10, 2010 at 5:04 p.m.

Seth Killian said he wasn't going to be at Jump Festa. That doesn't mean Ryota Nitsuma or Christian Svvenson won't be. And Ono's not even working on this game.

NEWkidCJ said on December 10, 2010 at 5:05 p.m.

Bison
Bison
Bison
Bison
Bison
Bison
Bison
Bison
Bison
Bison! Capcom please give us M.Bison in Marvel vs Capcom 3!

cvs said on December 10, 2010 at 5:06 p.m.

Why are you asking for characters on eventhubs?

MALDA said on December 10, 2010 at 5:09 p.m.

Steele301 said on December 10, 2010 at 5:12 p.m.

Megaman better be in the game! Or I'll eat someone's firstborn child!

Strider96 said on December 10, 2010 at 5:15 p.m.

my bad wrong person

ctsfinestjon said on December 10, 2010 at 5:23 p.m.

nahhh we definitely need cyclops,juggernant,or sentenal

Mr_Clack said on December 10, 2010 at 5:25 p.m.

@ 21

I have a "Hunch" The Terror Trio from MvC3 will reunite and that means......

genesiskhan said on December 10, 2010 at 5:29 p.m.

@17 mostly cause by some rare chances they do look my there words may be headed but in the reality point yes it makes no sense to request on here why not the unity forms

THawk said on December 10, 2010 at 5:34 p.m.

I just realllly want Juggernaut.... that is all.

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on December 10, 2010 at 5:37 p.m.

You don't know how hard I lol'd!!!

JCole said on December 10, 2010 at 5:39 p.m.

haters gonna hate
swagger is gonna be jacked

Shareware said on December 10, 2010 at 5:47 p.m.

Of course we need Sentinel. He's more famous than Spider-Man!

Oh, wait... No he's not. He was just a stupidly broken character from MVC2 that literally almost everyone used because he was an instant win against most anybody else.

So, no, we don't need a character with an "I Win" Button in this game. That's the last thing we need.

Also, if Sentinel makes it in with his insane looking attacks, how would that make Capcom's claim that they "couldn't figure out" a damn SURFBOARD seem valid?

Vivicakang said on December 10, 2010 at 5:49 p.m.

About time some CAPCOM VITURAL ARCADE CONSOLES head to Wii! I've been wondering if they had problems bringing them over!

cvs said on December 10, 2010 at 5:50 p.m.

Why would Sentinel come back? People started hating giants after tvc.

gam3fr33k said on December 10, 2010 at 5:57 p.m.

Vergil and Bison or Seth...need more Capcom bad guys

TheMasterPlayer said on December 10, 2010 at 6:28 p.m.

Gill should be a great Capcom Villain and SF 3rd Strike representative at the same time for this game. He would also be just at home in this game seeing as how overpowered he was in 3rd strike.

ChunLi said on December 10, 2010 at 6:45 p.m.

==========================================================
Posted by BlackHart on December 10, 2010 at 4:31 p.m. #7

The Wii doesnt deserve a SF title.
==========================================================
You're such a prick

kirbykirbykirby said on December 10, 2010 at 6:48 p.m.

cyke and jean.

MCseblo said on December 10, 2010 at 7:03 p.m.

go ahead and milk us for every morsel of information you soul less company capcom

Put_Elena_in_SF said on December 10, 2010 at 7:17 p.m.

Sven with the straight info... I like it!

Looking at you, Ono.

defever said on December 10, 2010 at 7:20 p.m.

They need to add the color edit feature that would be sick and we need someone that throws sonicbooms guile, Charlie, remy, or Seth I vote for bison too

foreverbadass said on December 10, 2010 at 7:23 p.m.

Call me easily amused, but I actually chuckled at the little 'no MvC3 flood' pic.

It's nice to know they won't just suddenly dump the entire roster on us at one time, I like the feeling of being able to wake up each day wondering if anything new will be revealed. THAT'S what keeps me hyped, the constant suspense of wondering when we'll get more information.

Dynames said on December 10, 2010 at 7:25 p.m.

You going to cook them first, right? Raw meat is bad for your health...or so I'm told.

shinakka said on December 10, 2010 at 8:26 p.m.

Juri please! :-)

kirbykirbykirby said on December 10, 2010 at 8:34 p.m.

@defever word up we need a color edit mode instead of having 4 colors that gets boring fast seeing the same stuff.

C_DUB said on December 10, 2010 at 9 p.m.

Or besides having a custom color editor thing, why not give everyone an alternate costume or two? Juz like spiderman who gets alternate costumes instead of different colors. But the custom color thing would be cool too.

Mit said on December 10, 2010 at 9:22 p.m.

Which means we're looking at a "fairly small roster", which, really, just about 40 characters is pretty damn good. Like, really damn good.

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 9:25 p.m.

I hope they put some more unique characters in the game, like Spider-man, he looks to be genuinely different, the rest of the cast looks to have very similar stuff they do, for instance, both Iron-man's and Dhormammus Ultra look essentially the same, in that it gives a lot of quick hits, and that's it, and is a long horizontal side-attack, same as Tron Bonne's servbot attack, I like Spider-man's web attack, that freezes people that's nice, I hope they put the Dot or the Spot, in the game, because he could have a really unique attack style, you know he can open these portals and for instance punch or kick through them

Ice-man could freeze people, like Spider-man

Variety is the most important, the more each fighter is or feels the same, less bang one essentially gets for one bux

aah

ChunLi said on December 10, 2010 at 9:30 p.m.

lmao I love the icon for this article.

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 9:34 p.m.

Last it would be cool if just a few Tekken characters, from upcoming Street Fighter x Tekken, were in the game, perhaps just one, Jin, Devil Jin, or maybe Nina Williams, doesn't have to be a creative character, I dunno, could be a nice shout-out, and also slightly hype another project which deserves attention IF it's as good a fighter as SFIV :/

It could also be a nice sort of 'global' gesture sort of saying we are all brothers

Last, we need a character who can teleport others D: hehehe, keep one on one's toes D:

Like the 'Dot' or Spot :p

And we need to dump Shuma-Gorath ASAP lol that's the most stupid looking character I've ever seen, also in the comics I think he's the size of the Moon, geez, what happened he forgot to eat his oatmeal :/ imo that character is such a big fail, out of place, more than any other char, from where I'm sitting

Hopefully the game won't suck, the whole TNA attitude, with Storm and Viper, has me questioning buying it, might as well go Sould Calibur IV, instead it's just so lame when developers try and pull that, Storm just isn't a huge titted character never seen that on her, in the comics, and it's a regrettable step whenever they do that, for instance, some of the newer Wonder Woman comics are pure TNA I expect superheroes lol, not soft-core nekkidness Hugh Hefner trash basically

x-O !!!

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 9:37 p.m.

It's crap when developers go for that instead of content and the in-game characters actually having a strong, balanced character, and inspiring way of being than just easy to make big-ass polygon tits :rollseyes:

Smaller tits on Storm / Ororo or I'm not buying until it's on Platinum games

aah

foreverbadass said on December 10, 2010 at 9:45 p.m.

Dear, aah

No. Leave.

Yours truly,
The internet

SakuraKasuganoFan said on December 10, 2010 at 10:14 p.m.

sakura and juri please :D

They Could Be Representing SF Alpha and SSFIV

but i have a question wasnt mega man confirmed cuz i could have sworn i seen a article on here they were looking for a voice actor for him in english like a youthful young voice

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 10:16 p.m.

@47.

Likewise :O

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 10:18 p.m.

^^P

MALDA said on December 10, 2010 at 10:21 p.m.

foreverbadass said on December 10, 2010 at 10:33 p.m.

@MALDA
Hey, now let's not undersell him. Stupid would suggest that his post lacked knowledgable backing or reasoning. His post didn't lack it, it was completely devoid of it.

@aah
I'm not trying troll you or anything like that, aah, it's just that...well...there's so many things retarded about your posts that entire special ed. clases will look at them and go 'there's something wrong with that boy'. (No offense to those in Special Ed. classes...we love guys you too XD)

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 10:47 p.m.

@52 You saying it doesn't make it so

Run for the hills, troll

a

portalsofmadnes said on December 10, 2010 at 11:02 p.m.

@45 your hating on the great Shuma-Gorath while wanting a character like "Spot"!?!....Get Adda Heea!

foreverbadass said on December 10, 2010 at 11:06 p.m.

For the love of God, man...your complaint is about Storm's rack. STORM'S RACK. You're not buying the game right away and you're doubting that it will be good because of a character's 'physical' attributes. You claim that Capcom is being shallow through the use of T n' A, but your reason for not wanting to buy the game when it comes out is just as shallow.

Your final post basically says 'Just because Storm has a big rack she won't have an inspiring character'. News flash...last I checked over the years Storm's rack has fluctuated in size throughout the years and yet she's still the same iconic character she was before. Your reasoning is corrupt. Again..I'm not trying to troll you, and if it seems that I am, I apologize.

P.S. You forgot the second 'a' and the 'h' in your 'signature' on post 53 ;)

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 11:10 p.m.

a is short for aah. Thanks for the kindly correction, though.

I dislike the push-up bra in your face get-up, it's that it's so well slutty / tacky, I object to

Women like that..

Get the fug outta here I say good riddance to dumb rubbish

x(

aah / a / AAH

foreverbadass said on December 10, 2010 at 11:10 p.m.

I'm not gonna lie, when I read 'Get adda heea' I kept misreading it as 'Get a head!' XD (2 A.M. is not good for one's reading skills). What I don't understand about his hating on Shuma is the fact he's an optional cahracter, it's not like he HAS to buy him.

allabouthonor said on December 10, 2010 at 11:23 p.m.

What I dislike about Shuma-Gorath is that obviously the character would have a lot of different ways of doing say light punch, or light attack, but in the game, it's going to be the same over and over, and yea optional is a good thing with this character, if the character has eight tentacles or six or ten or whatever, why does he only attack in one specific way, the character screams for variety and none will be found I'm getting, the character will not translate well into a video game like that imo, he should be the boss character, some big boss with tons of weird attacks, not some well dwarfed moronic version of the actual Marvel story-line character

My take

AAH

foreverbadass said on December 10, 2010 at 11:28 p.m.

You've changed your reason for contempt to her attire, which now no longer fits in with your vendetta against Capcom as it's a Marvel designed costume if I recall correctly (I think it was used in Ultimate Alliance 2).

Well, I'm going to be the bigger man right now and just walk away before this turns into something none of us want it to be. No hard feelings, to each his own, and all that other stuff. Have a good day/night.

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 12:10 a.m.

@59,

No, you're being the lesser man and creeping out, my reasons stand, and you can't put a finger on them, that the whole push-up bra in your face upfront titties is an insult to the intelligence of the character, because in dressing her up so they show that she has got no intelligence, to speak of, nor any desire to 'reach' men in anything but a shallow, selfish way

So, be whatever man you gotta be, but at least, be honest about it.

Cheers,

aah

and ps. I don't have a Vendetta against Capcom, I don't particularly like them anymore, but I don't have a vendetta, or revenge, against them, I was trolled on their forum without the mods doing anything but I'm past that, I figure since I'm not on their website and have to take their feelings into consideration, as it is 'their house', I can speak freely now, less filtered, stop being positive for the sake of being positive and helpful, and be more honest, up front, about things I stand for.

pps. Your post indicates nothing but you being a coward. I don't want a flame war, but DON'T pin your moral weak-assedness on me and think you can walk away, scott free, I've had it with trolls, troll me and you get it thrown right back in your face is that clear?

Good, thought f0cking so :)

AAH.

moemoekyun said on December 11, 2010 at 12:35 a.m.

How about Bass from .EXE? huh? huh? wouldnt he be a good bad guy? Or possibly Jedah from Darkstalkers, just saying. whatever i know neither of them are going to be in it so i'm gonna stop pretending that any of you give a damn.

joker101 said on December 11, 2010 at 12:41 a.m.

Those were some of the worst questions ever.

29once said on December 11, 2010 at 12:44 a.m.

Well they could release Third Strike for the wii, it won't be that difficult.

Gorehound said on December 11, 2010 at 12:51 a.m.

They better announce two more characters for Jump Festa next week!

It better not be Haggar since he is too obvious!

youngu89 said on December 11, 2010 at 1:04 a.m.

@61 I give a damn man XD

foreverbadass said on December 11, 2010 at 1:21 a.m.

I love you too, allabouthonor *man-hug*. It's a shame your arguments are based on the disingenuous assumption that one's physical appearance and style of dress has direct tie-in to one's intelligence and moral standards; one can be dumb as a rock and look like sh*t, likewise one can have large breasts and dress provocatevly and be intelligent. I don't know if you're just young or an imbecile, but you clearly haven't met many women (or men for that matter) in your lifetime. I don't see you complaining about how the hulk is overmuscled, wears only a pair of shorts, and lacks intelligent; your argument is both sexist and counter-productive to whatever cause you think you're helping.

Never accuse me of running away as that suggests cowardice which in turn suggests that I ever doubted what I was saying. I was giving you and I a chance to make up and leave on neutral grounds, to agree to disagree, but you couldn't accept that due to YOUR cowardice, YOUR insistent urge to feel you're right and morally above everyone else.

You claim my morals are weak, yet you're the one attacking someone's intelligence (fictional or otherwise) based on the shape of their body (judging a book by it's cover is immorality at it's 'finest'); I've known many shapely ladies that weren't afraid to show off what they were blessed with over the years and not one of them has lacked intelligence. Again, I didn't intend for this to grow into something, but when you attack my moral standards you've opened the floodgates. I'd rather go about this like gentlemen and have neither of us get banned due to useless insult hurling, it's not worth it. If you want to cast the final stone go ahead, just realize that a coward I do not make and a coward I will never make; I'm simply willing accept the fact we disagree and move on, but acceptance can't be one sided.

Man, you don't know how nice it is to see someone else bring up Jedah. I'd love to see him in there, but the only reason I can think Capcom literally wouldn't be able to would be the fact he's composed entirely of blood (if I recall correctly), and they'd either have to give him a new command grapple (as it's 'inflation' effect was character-specific and they said that character specific effects would take up too much disk space or memory or something like that) or remove the 'inflation' part in it's entirety. Can't really comment on Bass.exe as I honestly don't know much about him, although I like his design.

@Everyone else (especially catalyst)
I apologize for the scene allabouthonor and I may have caused, I also apologize for this whole thing getting derailed on grounds of something that this news post had nothing to do with. Talk about nerd rage at it's 'finest', eh?

kara said on December 11, 2010 at 1:45 a.m.

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 1:50 a.m.

@66.

It's a good idea to convince yourself before you try to convert others. I'm sick of you thinking you can appear the bigger man but having weak-ass arguments to support it, you're nothing but a shallow power-troll, going girly as we speak because your reasons are shot to hell.

You talk about being the bigger man. If you were that, your arguments would be strong, however they are weak and very, very poor indeed, when it comes to being convincing.

So what does that leave us? You, once more, trying to sell your immoral thoughts and points of view 'for the sake of it', or maybe, because you lack that something called character, anyway I'm done you're not worth it.

I stand by what I said, an intelligent, morally sound woman doesn't try to attract men with her boobs, but with her intellect and ways, she doesn't want men to drool over her, but to admire her, and to respect her, for what she stands for. EOFD!

God I'm tired of lame-brain trolls, take a hike, perhaps down a 90 degree mine-shaft uh

Finito.

AAH

ps. This is not a flame war, this is me telling you that you are wrong, and you not proving me otherwise, in a convincing manner, seeing as you are a proud and arrogant man thinking your opinions should be respected now that you blundered them out, I see this won't end until you got the feeling that you shoved your lame argumentation down my throat, well here's me telling you, won't happen, it never will, because I'm right, you're wrong and that's f-in that

Go join Air-head-gamers dot com instead, I know the truth and I won't have that trampled on, inside of me, simply because your ego 'decides' it wants otherwise

Bugger off ya lame troll.

aah

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 1:51 a.m.

sorry

kara said on December 11, 2010 at 1:52 a.m.

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 2:15 a.m.

Also, sorry this is not on topic, I started a thread in MvC3 forum about being tired of TNA in video games, Especially when it comes to superheroes, I mixed those two up because I flick back and forth between the different pages, hope that is not a crime, to get something mixed up

I stand by what I said, when a woman pushes her tits into your face like that, it doesn't speak well for her

EOS.

AAH

SHOGUN said on December 11, 2010 at 2:21 a.m.

Wow. Just wow. I don't even know why I read your guys' little lovers quarrel but here are some notes:

foreverbadass, you're passive aggressive.

allabouthonor, you sound like a colossal blowhard.

ok, carry on! Round 2, FIGHT!!!!

SHOGUN said on December 11, 2010 at 2:39 a.m.

And as for your rant about Shuma Gorath. You're right his moveset did seem very basic in his previous incarnations, but maybe they'll expand on his moveset in this one like they have with the other guys they've brought back, Magneto is still a little iffy. I hope they clean up his normals. As of right now anytime I see him do air combos i cringe.

I've harped on this before but I really hope they do bring in more different styles of gameplay because right now it is very rushdown heavy and hopefully more options for zoners, grapplers and big brawlers will be implemented.

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 3:19 a.m.

What precisely is a blowhard? I have no idea what you are saying, here..

AAH

ps. I hope that Shuma-Gorath gets like a wave of light attacks, so that unlike the other characters he will appear like a "rolling" octopus. take Chun-Li, in SSFIV, her light punch always comes out the same, with someone like Shuma-Gorath that seems basically 'retarded', he needs to have several light punches, same mechanics but different animation, which are mixed up fluidly, so that it looks more 'real', if not he/ it's gonna be a dumb ass character, just gonna look lazy and dumb no matter how he's played IMO

aah

halo said on December 11, 2010 at 3:51 a.m.

I think by now it is pretty obvious that they are holding back on some characters so to have them released as paid DLC further down along the line. Like Forza 3 and its car packs. Personally i don't mind them adding new characters after the game's release, in DLC, but i would rather they give us as much content as they possibly can now and then just create more stuff instead of just giving us the option to buy things which are already made. In the end the MVC3 roster will probably exceed 50 characters, but if 10-15 of them are to be offered later as paid DLC i sure hope they won't be costing an arm and a leg.

BATZARRO said on December 11, 2010 at 4:29 a.m.

@allabouthonor

Sometimes,women of African ancestry can(and I insist, this is not always the case) have breasts comparably larger than the average on other races. I do not see how this would offend a feminist so much in a game that has lready got a naked catgirl, a big cleavaged succubus, a former teenage prostitute in black leather and whatever the hell Thrish is.

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 5:21 a.m.

@BATZARRO,

Dude I'm not a feminist I'm Catholic, what offends me about is not that it's a feminine attribute, but rather how it is presented, in an indecent and very well dumb way, it appeals to the stupidity in men, and women who want to have such an effect on others are often just lazy, real women present THEMSELVES first, NOT their tits imo it's closer to being a slut then being a superhero, I can understand if someone would overlook it, but, I find such women obnoxious and don't want to look at them in real life nor in a video game, that I pay money out of my pocket for

I gotta say, I find She-Hulk to be more acceptable, because somehow she can 'carry' it, and it's more energetic than fan-servicy, so it's not about the game, as a whole, but I'm really disappointed with Storm, also somehow those bigs tits just doesn't make sense she can float on the wind, it made more sense when she was more petite, I think if they put Excella Gionne in (I'm hoping she's in the unrevealed roster :p) then I don't mind because she got class, but there's something about Storm, from what I seen, that looks incredibly dumb or sounds so can't put my finger on it, and it's not about the character being African, AT ALL EITHER GET THAT!!!! %#¤%"#¤", it's that she comes of as dumb or lazy or uninvolved and then she pushes her tits up in everybody's face, to get ahead or attention or whatever, something about it seems slutty not suitable for a heroine, AT ALL!, and, I even used keepvid dot com to download the 720p movie from youtube in full 720p res(1280x720), and it looks the same there

People like that make me go facepalm and turn the other way

AAH

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 5:24 a.m.

I just turned off by it, I prefer to see women with lively eyes and decent clothes rather than with dull eyes and tits shoved in your face, I get angry with such people, didn't expect that from Storm, in a game that by all standards looks fantastic, even if MvC2 didn't capture me gameplay-wise, my point is I just get really angry with such people for wasting other people's time

aah

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on December 11, 2010 at 8:33 a.m.

Iron man doesn't seem offended by the whole breast thing...

just sayin'

Terrornaut said on December 11, 2010 at 8:57 a.m.

aah:
"I gotta say, I find She-Hulk to be more acceptable, because somehow she can 'carry' it, and it's more energetic than fan-servicy, so it's not about the game, as a whole, but I'm really disappointed with Storm, also somehow those bigs tits just doesn't make sense she can float on the wind, it made more sense when she was more petite"

I just turned off by it, I prefer to see women with lively eyes and decent clothes rather than with dull eyes and tits shoved in your face"

While I'm not about to refuse TNA (Hey, I love it, but its only part of the whole picture ), I can at least agree with you on the busting and boomin of Storm's design. I like it, though, I picture Storm being more of a sleek and elegant woman. African Queen shiek-modern...but that's probably going too far ahead. Conversely, if she was in some tribal decorative getup, skirt and jewelry and whatnot (don't know where storm is from in Africa, if its a tribe or modernized area)...that'd be cool too.

That and she is kind of uninterested/detached, which isn't so attractive.

I don't feel like she's got to be petite to fly though, or that it fits best. I could see it just fine, but, in difference of opinion and likes, I can see a more full figure containing all that power.

I like the changes to C.Viper's attitude. Chest up is a plus, but really its just the attitude and facial expression/redesign that's nicer.

I'm not going to piss on/condemn a company and franchise though because they make some changes to a character I love though. That may be the bigger difference between us.

foreverbadass said on December 11, 2010 at 10:22 a.m.

@aah
Jesus Christ, man get over it; I got over it long after my last post. Keep hurling your personal insults...I'm fine with that; I couldn't care less what you think about me. Maybe I was a bit over the top or harsh last night, but it was 2 or 3 in the morning and I had had a long day at work (heck, I've had a lot of bad days at work, but usually I'm not moved to any level of prick-ery). Once again, I'm willing to apologize if you're willing to do the same; not for our different views, but for any senseless insults that were hurled in these past 24 hours. I come here like you looking for news on fighting games be it MvC3 or otherwise, I don't come here to troll or get in fights it's just not who I am (whether or not you believe that is a different matter and again, I'm not going to lose sleep if you don't).

I'm genuinely extending my hand as a fellow fighting game fan and saying let's just agree to disagree. Oh well, if I know you, you'll just make another post calling me an immoral coward, and claiming that I 'lost'; if you don't then I'll be genuinely surprised and, of course glad, that we could end this seeing eye to eye at on least some level.

The 'round 2' bit made me laugh. Sorry if I've come off as passive aggressive (and 'arrogant' as aah mentioned a bit back), as stated above I had a very long, very bad day so I might've come off as an A**hole which I'm usually not.

foreverbadass said on December 11, 2010 at 12:19 p.m.

Sorry for the double post, but I just want to reiterate. aah, the only thing I disagree with you about is judging Storm by how she looks. I agree that dimwitted women who only use their body rather than their mind to attract men are a turn off. My problem with what you said was you haven't played the game yet and you're already jumping to conclusions on how Storm will act in-game; I think it's a bit unfair to judge what she's going to be like just from her win quotes and whatnot. I also agree that there is something funky about her eyes.

Hopefully this will clear things up a bit, I have nothing against you or your taste in women, but I did have a problem with you jumping to conclusions about what Storm will be like. Looking back you probably didn't intend for it to come across that way, but like I said, I was exhausted last night and being half-asleep is not good for one's comprehension skills. Likewise, I didn't intend for my comments to come across in ill-will or as opposition to what kind of women you like.

That's why I'm apologizing in the first place. Again, I'm saying sorry not only to you, but everyone else here that had to sit through our asinine fight about a fictional character and what I think are some major misunderstandings about what we posted.

(On a side note, I think my posts are a little long winded XD)

allabouthonor said on December 11, 2010 at 12:47 p.m.

I have one problem here, you saying I hurled insults, I can honestly say I feel I didn't, I tried to defend myself without compromising myself, but I guess I need to learn the 'sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me' anyway I stick by what I said, but I respect if you have another opinion, it's not about that, just I won't accept it as my own, otherwise I consider 110% to feel or say what you want, though I may ignore you, or say my piece

What I will not accept is someone pinning something on me, when it's not due, or called for

Anyway, I'm a fan of Street Fighter 4, what games do you like

And yes I apologize IF I said something wrong, but I feel I was just trying to state something, and maybe a little discussion, to pass the time, but I guess there's no point in starting them, if I'm set in my ways

Oh yea have you tried downloading the Storm video, using keepvid dot com, just right-click the video, select 'Watch on youtube', and download it, then you can see it in 720p 30 fps in Media Player and really see, no confusion

One thing that seems odd to me, about Storm, is her eyes are constantly white, in the movie and the comics, they are sometimes normal eyes, human eyes, or she wouldn't ever blend in anywhere (assuming they are glowing with inner electricity sort of, haha)

Anyway try downloading the vids, then you can see how the game will look at 30 fps, and if you got a memory stick, you can transfer it there, and watch it on your PS3 flatscreen

Take care.

aah

foreverbadass said on December 11, 2010 at 1 p.m.

I'm glad we can end this senseless argument. The only thing I ever really saw as an 'insult' was the 'coward' bit, but 'insult' might be too harsh of a word. This whole thing was really uncalled for and in the long run it was just from constant misunderstandings. I also never intended for you to see it as me trying to push my views onto you, though I can see how you might see that. As with you I'm all for people being honest and stating their views/opinions.

Ah, that explains what it was; I knew there was something wrong with her eyes, I just couldn't figure out what it was for the love of God. Also, thanks for the advice I've wondered for the longest time how people managed to save youtube videos.

Like you, I'm a fan of Street Fighter IV and the series in general (even the buggy-at-times game that is SFII). I also enjoy the MvC series, and outside of Capcom franchises there's of course Tekken, and a plethora of otehrs. Outside of fighting games I enjoy RPG's and even the occasional First Person Shooter.

I think this may be the first time in the history of mankind that an internet argument ended on good terms XD

Have a great day.

SHOGUN said on December 11, 2010 at 3:05 p.m.

Let me add to this by saying: IT'S JUST A F•CKING VIDEOGAME!

Yarott said on December 11, 2010 at 6:06 p.m.

I'm just here to say that... um, M. Bison and Mike Haggar as the ones to be revealed next! Followed by J. Talbain and Squirrel Girl, if nobody minds me saying that!

FOOOLS said on December 11, 2010 at 8 p.m.

r u just speculating

foreverbadass said on December 11, 2010 at 8:54 p.m.

I wouldn't doubt it if he is (assuming you weren't asking sarcastically), but you've gotta admit that'd be one heck of an announcement (especially Bison).

Hayabusa_San said on December 12, 2010 at 11:38 a.m.

I'll would really love to see a Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 on the Wii, with characters like The SoulTaker and Generator Gawl from Tatsunoko side. Capcom can add Vanessa Z. Schneider (from P.N.03) and Leon S. Kennedy to include variety to the game. I love the game mechanics of TVC, they just need to adjust them a little and include some newer ones learned with recent games.

On the other hand, MVC3 would be an awesome game, but there are some additions on Capcom side that don't hype me at all. I would like to see Classic Mega Man (main roster) and Strider Hiryu (as DLC) in this game. From Marvel, all my love is for Psylocke's return. But, so far the games in one of the best fighting games ever created.

cvs said on December 12, 2010 at 4:45 p.m.

Psylocke on assist duty again. lol

Kenshiro said on December 13, 2010 at 3:30 a.m.

You gotta love when trolls cry about being trolled elsewhere. I'd say you've got it down pat allaboutherbishness.

You're Already Dead,