Third Strike Yang guide and Dudley notes from RPGFighter

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • August 4, 2010 at 2:22 a.m. PDT
Third Strike Yang guide and Dudley notes from RPGFighter A new guide for Yang in Street Fighter 3 Third Strike is now available here on EventHubs.com. This was written almost entirely by RPGFighter, and it includes explanations on how to use his moves, a combo section and more.

Also, the Dudley Third Strike guide received a few updates. Now there's an area detailing some of his match ups and his main guide also received a few more combos and notes.

There will be new Street Fighter 3 Third Strike character guides coming in the near future as well.

And on an unrelated note, more locations were added into the Street Fighter 4 arcade machine tracker, which at some point will also feature SSF4 locations.

Comments

PhinnyCupcakes said on August 4, 2010 at 2:24 a.m.

whats Third Strike?

xShonuffx said on August 4, 2010 at 2:26 a.m.

Thats cool, with 3rd Strike online coming we might as well start getting some new data for the characters. I mean there ARE other characters besides Yun and Chun Li.

Nelaelu said on August 4, 2010 at 3:01 a.m.

@xShonuffx

Nooo.... I was gonna say what you said, lol! You were first though...

I'm definitely getting 3rd Strike online. Akuma was my favorite there... and his SA3 (Messatsu Gourasen). I know that nobody uses that super art, but I love it (btw SA3 was WAY better in Double Impact, but they nerfed it badly).

Surprisingly, I don't really like Akuma in SF4/SSF4. I know that he's strong etc., but I don't like how he plays. And he's more badass looking in SF3 anyways...

PrimalHunter said on August 4, 2010 at 3:10 a.m.

Street fighter 4 third strike?

Ex_Ein said on August 4, 2010 at 3:18 a.m.

*hits primal and Phinny over the head* lug heads even if you were joking

Third Strike is the third edition of Street Fighter 3. Ono has gone on record saying Super will be the last edition of four that he's leading, anyway with him busy with SFxT it'd be hard to do a third game even if wanted to.

Now I'm really hoping you guys finally get some more beside the top 3 and the popular others(Ibuki, Ryu, Dudley)

Ex_Ein said on August 4, 2010 at 3:32 a.m.

Also I'm wondering who's the team working on Third stirke online? is it back bone entertainment? because if it is I'm really hoping they've got people like Gootecks(he was a strong third strike player), Wong and Daigo to give their two cents.

Also I hope look at general complaints like how UTTERLY USELESS SEAN(the supposed Next generation who wasn't a joke character) Necro,Alex,Remy,Q and Hugo are in third strike(They all have over negative 10 match ups, the next person above them all is Ibuki with Postive 2 That's a HUGE GAP). especially when you consider Sean was pretty much broken in New Generation and was considered High Tier in 2nd Impact.

Remy and Q got F***ed over being introduced into this game and then pretty much being made into a bitch by God-li

I_want_your_sister said on August 4, 2010 at 3:40 a.m.

Why would i wanna read something by a no named hack. They need tournament winners writing this...

Struggs said on August 4, 2010 at 3:46 a.m.

@ #7 I_want_your_sister

Have you ever read guides by tournament winners before? Seen Justin Wong's website? They're crap. You don't have to be a tournament winner to write a good guide. People in the community have been writing helpful guides for years. You need to be a good writer and know the game and put things in a smart and informative way and there you go.

Besides... you should actually read this stuff before you make dumb comments like you did. If you did you'd seen this is another good guide, it breaks down how to play Yang in 3s, what it's supposed to do.

zombiebrian said on August 4, 2010 at 3:49 a.m.

Gonna stand up for rpg as well, he has won a recent tourney in texas.

His guides are always on the nose and he is compleatly obsessed with 3S. Just cause there are bigger names doesnt mean they'll be terribly good at writing stuff down so it provides information.

Besides none of the other guides are written by pro's and i dont see anyone complaining

SephirothinHD said on August 4, 2010 at 3:59 a.m.

lmfao @ #1

I_want_your_sister said on August 4, 2010 at 4:18 a.m.

#8 Struggs a good example of a Di*krider hahaha. Hey back off i was just adding my opinion bro. There is no vaccine against stupidity, grow up badkid.

rpgfighter said on August 4, 2010 at 5:32 a.m.

Well yeah I might not be Justin Wong but I am not to terrible lol I go to tournaments for it.

Thanks for standing up for me Brian.

Also, if you dont like the guides. Dont read them and see how far you get going on your own knowledge.

Virtua_Kazama said on August 4, 2010 at 5:58 a.m.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Time for me to get better in 3rd Strike.

SomeDude said on August 4, 2010 at 6:24 a.m.

@ rpgfighter

Thanks again for the Yang guide.

Just ignore all the whiners,atleast you're contributing!

Nelaelu said on August 4, 2010 at 7:01 a.m.

Struggs #8

Exactly bro!! Good players AREN'T NECESSARILY great guide writers (and vice versa).

It's similar like with my music school teachers. Some are excellent musicians, but poor teachers...

Nelaelu said on August 4, 2010 at 7:20 a.m.

@I_want_your_sister #11

I was reading some of your comments under different posts and...

They are definitely original, witty and show alternative points of view. However, your tendency to offend others diminishes their credibility...

salahpayne said on August 4, 2010 at 8:50 a.m.

NIce .

boobee_cakes said on August 4, 2010 at 9:09 a.m.

Nice, you made the front page PRG
(This is Dyo btw)

Guide is pretty slick.

I feel like booting up 3S again.

SmoothJK said on August 4, 2010 at 9:19 a.m.

Random comment, but EventHubs doesn't get enough credit for always providing updates. Major or minor, it's nice to see such consistent effort (rare in the gaming community).

cearbeartron said on August 4, 2010 at 10:14 a.m.

@ SmoothJK #19
Agree, Eventhubs makes a HUGE contribution to the community.

On topic, great guide, please do Twelve and Q next :-)
Also, I know its a lot of work but frame data for the entire cast would be greatly appreciated.

rpgfighter said on August 4, 2010 at 10:21 a.m.

Frame data will happen sooner or later.

I have been working on it for awhile and I finally found a way so expect Frame Data sometime in the distant future.

And whats good Diyo?!

Adnan said on August 4, 2010 at 10:37 a.m.

Cool, a guide one of my fave. characters in the game. Can't wait to see character guides for Necro and Q. Keep up the great work!

Wardog said on August 4, 2010 at 11:06 a.m.

I hope they put one up for Sean because i will focus on him alot. then Akuma and Yang.

rpgfighter said on August 4, 2010 at 11:14 a.m.

My friend is probably gonna help me out with Sean.

Necro is coming very soon I already finished it and sent it to Catalyst.

Q... idk.

DjGriever said on August 4, 2010 at 11:19 a.m.

cant wait for 3rdStrike Online !

i personally prefer the 3rdStrike Ibuki better !

f*ck chun-li and yun lol

Wardog said on August 4, 2010 at 12:32 p.m.

@rpgfighter. that's great, I can't wait.

Xurkey said on August 4, 2010 at 12:52 p.m.

Rpgfighter, any plans on a guide for my main Twelve?

rpgfighter said on August 4, 2010 at 1:33 p.m.

Xurkey:

Sadly no because tbh I do not have the slightest clue on how to use him properly.

BUT

Heres a video you might like.

ShadowKnight28 said on August 4, 2010 at 5:35 p.m.

YO nice work rpg. I read this guide a while ago on the forums. Mad respect for leading the charge to a complete 3rd Strike section on Eventhubs.