Adon GamerBee matches from EVO 2010 Salty Suite

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • August 4, 2010 at 7:07 p.m. PDT
Update: Another match was added to this story, showing EG.Marn (Dudley, C. Viper) against GamerBee.

Gootecks got together a bunch of top players to participate in several Super Street Fighter 4 matches during the EVO 2010 weekend at the Salty Suite.

GamerBee, who finished 5th overall at EVO, went head to head against a number of well known players at this event, like DaggerG (Guile) Arturo "Sabin" Sancehz (Dhalsim) and Kai (El Fuerte) here are a few of his matches.

Additional matches from the Salty Suite, which featured other top players, are still being uploaded to Machinima Respawn's YouTube channel.

Comments

ShadowKnight28 said on August 4, 2010 at 7:43 p.m.

Gamerbee was awesome in these matches. Glad I got to see them live. Also, does anybody know how much Gamerbee won from the Salty Suite? I know the total prize money was 1600, but was it winner take all? Or was the pot split between the top 3?

dondb said on August 4, 2010 at 7:58 p.m.

Lay down a beat and those announcers have a rap song.

SpiceyChicken said on August 4, 2010 at 7:59 p.m.

Goodness what a quick learner.

NeoSmoke said on August 4, 2010 at 8 p.m.

I saw these matches on youtube already but good idea putting them here. Too bad he wasn't there when Daigo was playing though.

Pusha_T said on August 4, 2010 at 8:03 p.m.

LMAO. Throw some sonic boom.

binting said on August 4, 2010 at 8:06 p.m.

love the drunk commentary by yipes and chris hu

RC said on August 4, 2010 at 8:07 p.m.

damn he's so good. and he hardly ever gets to use Ultra
I was praying for a REEEEVOLLLLVVVVERRR to hit on Dhalsim but it never happened :/

BlackHart said on August 4, 2010 at 8:18 p.m.

"Throw sum Sonic Boom"

*runs to studio to make A hit*

Ex_Ein said on August 4, 2010 at 9:23 p.m.

ADON! ADON! ADON! ADON! ADON!

Throwryuken said on August 4, 2010 at 9:34 p.m.

Yipes and Chris hu are annoying.

Gotta love stupid east coast announcing ruining yet another good vid lol.

jok3rfrmbk said on August 4, 2010 at 11:14 p.m.

@10 you're singling the east coast because of announcing? lol troll

BlazinBlizzard said on August 4, 2010 at 11:19 p.m.

werd at #2

guttertrashgaming said on August 4, 2010 at 11:19 p.m.

agreed mate!

he adapted quickly after he lost to guile in the 1st match

DK_DOOM said on August 4, 2010 at 11:20 p.m.

LOL what the hell Chris Hu in the third video:

"Tell me why! Dun, dunna dunna dunna..."

Going Backstreet Boys. I love the commentating.

BlazinBlizzard said on August 4, 2010 at 11:20 p.m.

@11 AMEN!!!....east coast holdas our own kidd

BlazinBlizzard said on August 4, 2010 at 11:26 p.m.

Chris Hu-"OMG, he just get out!!!" (in reaction to Adon's EX-Jaguar Kick to avoid Sim's Yoga Catastrophe) XD

I LIVE for these moments!!!!

okay said on August 4, 2010 at 11:41 p.m.

@ Throwryuken
We all know you would rather have Adam Sessler announce, but Chris Hu is the best.

BlazinBlizzard said on August 4, 2010 at 11:57 p.m.

@#17-YES!

jesuslovessatan said on August 5, 2010 at 12:46 a.m.

"i respeckt dat" chris hu is a genius. phuk off.

yipes too. nigga this commentating is off da chain, its bananas, hard in the paint.

"chuckin booms" kid

KDash said on August 5, 2010 at 2:37 a.m.

Gamerbee's adon is so inspiring.

VladDracul said on August 5, 2010 at 4:18 a.m.

McBison said on August 5, 2010 at 4:49 a.m.
benjee said on August 5, 2010 at 5:11 a.m.

Wow, VladDracul is the first guy who seems to be intelligent in the comments.

TheZed said on August 5, 2010 at 5:13 a.m.

I love scrubs like you lol.

RandomJohn said on August 5, 2010 at 6:28 a.m.

Once again, Hu tries to be clever with his commentary by attempting to sing a Backstreet Boy song. I don't care about his heavy accent but he tries to commentate like he's black and again, makes him look like a fool. Stop imitating and talk like you talk with people off the mic.

Nyoronoru said on August 5, 2010 at 6:35 a.m.

I have a feeling once everyone starts reacting to Jaguar Kicks like Marn does with his Ultra, then Adon's not going to look so hot.

NJCU said on August 5, 2010 at 6:50 a.m.

@21 and 23: Given that you r so confident of your abilities to defeat Gamerbee,why didnt you attend EVO? Where were you when Gamerbee was handing USA our asses(sans Mike Ross)? IS not what move you perform is when you perform it. Street Fighter is about performing the best possible move at any one given instance. Ive won matches against high level players with Sim doing nothing more than standing fierce and BAck roundhouse. But given the circumstances those two just happened to be the best possible moves.

NJCU said on August 5, 2010 at 6:54 a.m.

@25 must of us love Hu; his commentary is very unusual(original)in a funny manner. No one is forcing you to listen to him. If you dont like it, simply mute the stream. And no you dont get to bitch about having to watch a stream without sound because you are no paying a DIME for it. Screw all of you haters!!!!

logic_boi said on August 5, 2010 at 7:02 a.m.

Really Hu is awesome, it's that Yipes fellow who's annoying as hell. Is there a way to only mute him? lol

GomuJonny said on August 5, 2010 at 7:25 a.m.

Yeah, get rid of Yipes.

The best commentary comes from Hu and Seb.

WinstonChurchill said on August 5, 2010 at 7:28 a.m.

@21 you sound bitchy

"Tell me why! Dun, dunna dunna dunna..."

Gamerbee wins, hence why get get so much praise, deserved praise if you ask me.

I_want_your_sister said on August 5, 2010 at 7:43 a.m.

@21 and @23 could be the same person hmmm... I love to see GamerBee play he got skills.

SF2FOREVER said on August 5, 2010 at 9:42 a.m.

@#21:
I think gamerbee is pretty good with adon. A good player does not rely on Fansy combos. ofcourse fansy combos are a Plus but not needed. In tourn matches you have to delivery your strongest hits at the right time and it's all about mindgames, you make a mistake and I counter. I think in tournament fights, 3 to 4 hit knockdown combos are the best(exa,jump fierce, fierce, shoryu or Jump fierce, strong, flashkic to name a few).

monkeyle said on August 5, 2010 at 10:38 a.m.

Niiice, just what I needed to see. More Gamerbee combos :D

Firegod said on August 5, 2010 at 11:02 a.m.

AT chris hu lovers. Personally I dont really like chris hu commentary, but i dont HATE it eather.... its because he basiclly says whats going on in a straight forward off the street way....

"Oh, He blocked that sh@t...gamerbee knows all setups...what is this sh*t...gamerbee said get that Sh&* out of here...."

Its basiclly the same thing that everyone else says excpet with cursing...

Best thing chris hu has said is "I came......i saw......I hadoken." and "In tawian they dont have internet so adon isnt on youtube......sorry." I actualy laughed at those 2 comments.

Maybe it will take me awhile to get used to chris hu, but I just cant for some reason.

HOWEVER, althought im not a HUGE chris hu fan.........anything is better than seths commentary....man i hate seths commentary.....

So I will not be muteing chris hus commentary.........but il probably mute seth though. Its so boaring....and him with Adam sandler........omg that was painfull!

As far as Gamerbee goes, im glad to see he is legit and not just someone that got lucky. He is a great player, love watching his Adon.

And where was Jwong dureing all of this? its like after he lost evo he just went back home to cry or something.

RandomJohn said on August 5, 2010 at 11:18 a.m.

@NJCU:

I didn't mute because I like the other commentator. He was fine. Only when Chris "I'm trying to be cool" Hu is on is when it annoys the crap out of me. Plus, we (at least i do) live in a society where I can complain and b*t*h where I see fit. If you don't want read my crap, you can scroll pass my post, dumb sht.

RaptorJesusDesu said on August 5, 2010 at 12:12 p.m.

Well of course he's "trying to be cool," he's this nerdy asian dude that's been taken into a community of quasi-thuggish fighting game nerds. The fact that he acts the way he does despite the Chingrishy way he talks was probably something that guys like Yipes encouraged out of him, laughing at him at first but also laughing with him because he's just a good guy.

I like Hu's commentary because of his hilarious enthusiasm and because he DOES know his stuff, and sometimes will say useful stuff even amongst the babble. IMO the worst commentator was either that really tired/stoned sounding guy that used to do lots of commentary (John or something?), or for quality's sake, Yipes. I've seen entire matches where Yipes commentates and says nothing except stuff like "OH SCOOPS, SCOOPS PRINGLES.... OH HE'S CHUCKIN THAT PLASMA". For entertainment though I love Yipes on the mic... just not when you want to hear any analysis.

Nikon said on August 5, 2010 at 12:30 p.m.

Hu, Evil Rahsaad and Yipes are my 3 fave commentators

xShonuffx said on August 5, 2010 at 1:26 p.m.

Bee's reflexes are good but he was actually reading DaggerG's moves, took a bit but eventually he had him where he wanted him. DaggerG was reading Bee a bit too.

I made a few guesses based on what would happen which resulted in Bee not respecting Guiles Flash Kick enough. But he pulled through.

JIHADJOE said on August 5, 2010 at 2:26 p.m.

Chris Hu was much funnier last year during the Daigo money matches.

"Daigo don't know", "Its ok he don't understand"

LightYagami said on August 5, 2010 at 2:33 p.m.

why, did you delete my comment??? :(

Catalyst said on August 5, 2010 at 2:47 p.m.

@LightYagami

"First post" comments aren't allowed on this site. If you make that kind of post, it will most likely be deleted.

ado said on August 5, 2010 at 5:09 p.m.

i would have like to see more ex blasts from arturo especially during the first match

RA_MO said on August 5, 2010 at 5:31 p.m.

What is the point of all of this negativity... As I stated before, if you believe you are better.. prove it to the world. It has come to the point where words have no value anymore.. your actions summarize who you are. If you claim you can beat Gamerbee by spamming only standing Hk, then find a way to get in contact with him, whether its him personally or someone who can reach him and throw down the challenge. If you win, whether anyone else likes you or not, you will indeed have respect. As for the commentating, if you feel they do a bad job... show us how commentating should be done. Oh well... The cake is done. Would any of you like a slice?

Jaf said on August 5, 2010 at 6:49 p.m.

Gamerbee is like a Taiwanese Johnny Mnemonic or Chuck...gots dat $hit downloaded

McBison said on August 5, 2010 at 7:49 p.m.

I never understood why some kids get all big headed about getting the "First post." It has zero meaning.

@44 - WORD!

NJCU said on August 5, 2010 at 8:42 p.m.

@Random John interesting how your argument (your logic) is the argument I made only restructured. The difference between you complaining about Hu and me replaying to you, is that Im addressing your logical errors. You are just bitchin incoherently. And funny how you are incapable of arguing a position without throwing disrespectful comments. Calling me a "dumb s**t" is truly a brilliant point Neophyte.

RandomJohn said on August 5, 2010 at 10:27 p.m.

@NJCU:

Awww did I hit a nerve?

CaptJack said on August 6, 2010 at 12:40 a.m.

I hate watching Adon but I love Gamerbee. Mysterios!

Eso said on August 6, 2010 at 4:42 a.m.

That reaction against sonic boom was awesome.

NJCU said on August 6, 2010 at 4:57 a.m.

@Random John oh God here we go...No you did not hit a nerve. Once again your comment is logically flawed. Ill explain: YOu claim to be free to say whatever you want, yet are complaining about Chris SAYING WHATEVER HE WANTS. This is called inconsistency. Is it really that hard to understand?

sethkillianfanboy said on August 8, 2010 at 9:47 a.m.

Chris Hu is incredibly awesome and you should be ashamed for hating on him.

Benichon said on August 8, 2010 at 5:38 p.m.

Lol the commentary during videos. Saying "Nice" for pif from Marn etc...? WTF? Erf.

mach1545 said on August 9, 2010 at 9:31 a.m.

Oh man this commentating is horrid! I have to mute this crap.

I like the matches, though.

mjcd said on August 11, 2010 at 6:47 p.m.

Very nice videos Marn is good but GamerBee is better.
Well deserved GamerBee you kicked some fat a$$ lol...