Arcade UFO: Super Street Fighter 4 arcade release in December 2010

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • August 3, 2010 at 4:06 a.m. PDT
Arcade UFO: Super Street Fighter 4 arcade release in December 2010 According to a post made on Arcade UFO's Twitter account, Super Street Fighter 4 will see a December 2010 release date.

The entire Tweet states.

SSF4 Arcade version confirmed for December 2010 release. Pre-orders starting in September or October. We'll be the first to get as usual.

Yoshinori Ono met up with Tougeki's (Super Battle Opera) producer to see about getting Super Street Fighter 4 in their lineup.

Tougeki is an arcade based tournament and the grand finals take place this year on September 18th and 19th.

Also, the new DLC costumes for Super Street Fighter 4 will be available this fall.

Capcom employees have mentioned on a number of occasions that creating a patch for a game costs a considerable amount of money, so it makes financial sense to include any new characters in with the DLC costumes — assuming everything is ready in time.

If the December 2010 release date holds up and Capcom tries to roll all of the updates into one package, it may mean that console gamers will get the new characters ahead of the final arcade release, although new fighters may still be rolled out during one of the location tests currently underway.

Comments

Sh3azu said on August 3, 2010 at 4:21 a.m.

1st

Not bad....

OhYouDontSayThat said on August 3, 2010 at 4:23 a.m.

OFCOURSE WE'LL B THE FIRST.... f*cjk=kin ass whooles

ScytheWP said on August 3, 2010 at 4:26 a.m.

That would be cool if the new characters were released in the fall...

TheMasterPlayer said on August 3, 2010 at 4:41 a.m.

so how many dlc characters are we getting for the consoles? also two, just like in the arcade release?

Sh3azu said on August 3, 2010 at 4:53 a.m.

Backround of site changed.... I didn't notice, looks cool.

Tuthur said on August 3, 2010 at 4:54 a.m.

I'm not paying for DLC characters.

Catalyst said on August 3, 2010 at 4:55 a.m.

@TheMasterPlayer

Only thing known so far is there will be two more characters. More could be announced though, there's definitely plenty of room on the select screen.

Nemesis said on August 3, 2010 at 5:03 a.m.

I hope we'll get new stages as well...

WorstGiefEVER said on August 3, 2010 at 5:33 a.m.

December is too far away :(

But yeah more stages.

Johnry said on August 3, 2010 at 5:38 a.m.

December is too far away?? How about CxT coming TWO YEARS FROM NOW!!!!

But seriously, I can't wait til December either.
Honda, Zangief and Sagat stages would be awesome

Blahblah said on August 3, 2010 at 5:44 a.m.

They could put all the characters in one download, but they don't need to allow access to them all at the same time. I imagine there will be one big download with the first character and the others will be available over time with very small downloads ie: just unlock keys.

AlexIsTheMan said on August 3, 2010 at 5:55 a.m.

ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX
ELENA ELENA ELENA ELENA ELENA ELENA ELENA
HUGO HUGO HUGO HUGO HUGO HUGO HUGO HUGO HUGO
R.MIKA R.MIKA R.MIKA R.MIKA R.MIKA R.MIKA
ROLENTO ROLENTO ROLENTO ROLENTO ROLENTO
CHARLIE CHARILE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE NASH
Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q

adamiswambo said on August 3, 2010 at 7:16 a.m.

so does that mean America will be getting an arcade release or just Japan?

I_want_your_sister said on August 3, 2010 at 7:36 a.m.

Plz put on torrent sites quick heh heh heh.

SHOGUN said on August 3, 2010 at 8:06 a.m.

i hope we get more character centric stages like Ryu, Sagat and E.Honda. Vegas classic stage with the cage would be cool too. The tall grass field from Alpha would be bad ass as well.

Timefall said on August 3, 2010 at 8:08 a.m.

better release ssf4 on the computer.. bitches.

SHOGUN said on August 3, 2010 at 8:09 a.m.

oh yeah and an actual boxing/kickboxing ring or MMA cage would be sick!

RandomJohn said on August 3, 2010 at 8:15 a.m.

I agree with some people here. They need to bring back the classic stages like Ryu's roof top, the grassy field from Alpha, etc. I still don't know why Capcom brought back the alley stage from Gen. Was Gen that popular of a character that they decided to bring that stage back before any of the classic SF character? Yea they brought back Chun's stage but that's not enough.

Nyoronoru said on August 3, 2010 at 8:15 a.m.

That's a long way away...

BlankaBeast said on August 3, 2010 at 8:28 a.m.

@18 Word. PC FTW.

SomeDude said on August 3, 2010 at 8:37 a.m.

I wanna see Sakura's stage from Alpha 2 (with her kid brother playing ssf4 in the background).

The Japan stage(Ryu's? with the snow) from Alpha 2 was good too.

Creeper said on August 3, 2010 at 9:07 a.m.

I agree, Las Vegas from II please. Any others I don't really care about but would be icing on the cake.

xShonuffx said on August 3, 2010 at 9:11 a.m.

I would like to see a crowded streat full of people circled around you kind of claustophobic like and knocking people down left and right. Should be fun when doing Hakans super which goes in and out the forground hehe.

Sh3azu said on August 3, 2010 at 9:15 a.m.

Q.

EmeraldFont said on August 3, 2010 at 9:49 a.m.

Maybe Alex can finally get his shot.

IMO, he should have been among the first three from Third Strike to get in.

Dany said on August 3, 2010 at 10:32 a.m.

Yamato Nadeshiko ftw. Again.

GCLeague said on August 3, 2010 at 11:36 a.m.

...."creating a patch for a game costs a considerable amount of money, so it makes financial sense to include any new characters in with the DLC costumes "

SO...should we bend over now and open wide!!??.. How Much!?!?

CMAyhem said on August 3, 2010 at 1:34 p.m.

40 bucks for SSF4...
sure capcom sure...

IrPanda said on August 3, 2010 at 1:50 p.m.

Im not cheap or anything, but the characters should be free since they would be a major part of the game and it isn't as easy for everyone to buy something off of psn. I live in Trinidad ( in the Caribbean) and i can't use the credit card i have to buy things off psn because it isn't addressed in the US also the psn card they sell down here are like twice the price they should be so and i don't work for much and can't afford to buy such overpriced things.

yugo said on August 3, 2010 at 2:06 p.m.

ALWAYS KARIN!!

1-KARIN
2-ROLENTO
3-R.MIKA
4-ALEX
5-ELENA
6-YUN
7-GEKI, RETSU O EAGLE..

BlackHart said on August 3, 2010 at 2:07 p.m.

Balrog rappin about the Tekken newcomers......

cuttyb1987 said on August 3, 2010 at 2:13 p.m.

As long as the characters make a smooth transition into the sstf4 engine Im all for it. I don't like Makoto or Dudley transition they took huge nerfs. Alex may not work and R mika can work look at El fuerte

ScytheWP said on August 3, 2010 at 2:31 p.m.

@ 37

R.Mika wouldn't keep this game clean...she looks like a prostitute. A turnbuckle also appears during some of her moves, which would look incredibly bad. It worked in alpha since it had that cartoony feel to it...but this isn't alpha.

Cauptain said on August 3, 2010 at 2:31 p.m.

Yeah...CRAPCOM tip:

Dezember 2010 : You are SSFIV fan??? Get IDLC (Im.becile Download Content) now. News colours, news stages, news mode, like a replay training mode....Stupid things...9,99U$.

January 2011: You are SSFIV fan??? Get another IDLC (Im.becile Download Content) now. New stupids charcacters, other news shi.ts colours, new secret stage from JAIL codys...19,99U$.

June 2011: You are SSFIV fan??? Get a "new" IDLC (Im.becile Download Content) now. See the CRAPCOM logo in golden colouros at final charc, get more news colours, get news finals from akuma, ryu e ken...9,99U$

The circle is infinity.

CRAPCOM you are the most retarded company ever.

Why new DARKSTALKERS??? Get the old DS game, put online and 14,99 - SF3 online?? 14,99 - If get any new REMIX - Put in DISC 39,99 more IDL....

RIDICULOUS.

othawize said on August 3, 2010 at 3:06 p.m.

Believe it or not, this guy makes a great deal of sense.
I bought all that stuff to prove my SF status and look at me, I'm trying to doll up dudes in video games. Damn.

cuttyb1987 said on August 3, 2010 at 3:07 p.m.

@37 naw the game will fit her playstlye the game has guy ultra where he bouncing off invisible walls so why not plus she has different moves from elf it just she would have better normals. Rolento could fit and I hope Q if he could fit the system

xShonuffx said on August 3, 2010 at 3:27 p.m.

the more they focus on new characters the less time they have on focusing on balancing and improving features, your just not gonna get enough quality updates if all they is are character releases. I think two characters tops is enough for Super Street Fighter 4, lets get the rest of the 10 new characters balanced and some better features.

FroggyMan77 said on August 3, 2010 at 3:46 p.m.

Why does everybody complain about DLC characters? If you don't want it, don't buy it. And 90% of the people complaining are going to buy them anyway. It takes a great deal of time and money to make these new characters, and Capcom should be compensated for it.

@ ScytheWP

JURI. 'Nuff said.

Nukka said on August 3, 2010 at 4 p.m.

Wtf people want Elena and R.Mika so bad for? Let me guess some kind of pervy reason.

Rolento and Yun FTW.

cuttyb1987 said on August 3, 2010 at 4:43 p.m.

The game is pretty balanced out what else needs to be fixed??? if you think this game isn't balanced properly you probably suck ( no offense)

IrPanda said on August 3, 2010 at 5:21 p.m.

@Ermac the game is pretty balanced but it could always use some tweaks. And i use Makoto and i do pretty well, just hte learning curb is kinda steep with some aspects of her game, i would hate if they made her easier to play with though, i like being one of the few good maks out there lol.

And about Akumas demon, it was toned down along with all the other ultras of = strength.
Strongest ultras in SF4 were 600 now they are all 510..

IrPanda said on August 3, 2010 at 5:43 p.m.

ok i was wrong geif does 10 more damage..... sue me

VegaSota said on August 3, 2010 at 6:23 p.m.

I'm not paying for DLC characters.

cuttyb1987 said on August 3, 2010 at 7:02 p.m.

@Ermac I play Irpanda on PSn alot and he actually uses Makoto and pretty damn well I use Gief, Hakan, Guy, and Cody but I like Abel is my main I did play ryu alot but now Abel the game isn't hard to play so if you know the other characters moves are and attacks you will have a better chance of winning.

If you still think this games not balanced I think you shouldn't play anymore there never be a game where everything will be 5-5 somethings are better than others and hell Akuma give me hell as an Abel player I just practice against alot of Akumas to lean the matchso I have a fighting chance

raymk said on August 3, 2010 at 8:07 p.m.

@43 Why do people want rolento and yun so badly well maybe because they want them just like you want your characters. I always find the people who complain about DLC stupid. they act like capcom is the only one who does DLC and this time capcom has actually put down some good dlc worth money

IrPanda said on August 3, 2010 at 8:16 p.m.

the complaint for me isnt DLC, thats all and fine, but my problem is DLC which can greatly change the game to others favor if i don't purchase it. Not all of us can easily purchase things for PSN or XBL

nickdogg15 said on August 3, 2010 at 8:26 p.m.

this pic is fake but i wanted to show people because i thought it was cool.

ScytheWP said on August 4, 2010 at 3:19 a.m.

@ 42

Oh, I didn't notice the hearts over Juri's nipples. I guess you got me...

Aquaman said on August 5, 2010 at 2:14 a.m.

I will pay for DLC characters, if they're characters I'm going to use. So here's hoping for Eagle and Geki

Put_Elena_in_SF said on August 5, 2010 at 9:59 a.m.

it's time for elena... come on capcom... come on.... PLEAAAAAASE