Release schedule for Super Street Fighter 4 alt. costumes

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • April 28, 2010 at 12:23 p.m. PDT
Release schedule for Super Street Fighter 4 alt. costumes Jhones sent over the release schedule for the Japanese version of Super Street Fighter 4's alternative costume packs. The dates for other countries should be pretty close to the ones below though.

Right now, the Super Classic Pack is available for those who pre-order the game and the Super Challengers Pack 1 was just released. The alternative costumes can be downloaded for $3.99 on the PlayStation 3 and 320 Microsoft Points on the Xbox 360.

• Available in pre-order: Super Classic Pack (Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long)

• Now available: Super Challengers Pack 1 (Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, Dee Jay)

• May 11: Super Shoryuken Pack (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan)

• May 25: Super Beauty Pack (Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy)

• June 8: Super Challengers Pack 2 (Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T. Hawk)

• June 15: Super Brawlers Pack (Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte)

• June 22: Super Shadaloo Pack (Vega, Sagat, Balrog, M. Bison, Seth)

• June 29: Super Classic Pack (Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long)

• July 27: Super Complete Pack (All 35 costumes)

In case you missed it yesterday, you can check out screen shots of all 35 costumes here.

Comments

shiryu22 said on April 28, 2010 at 12:26 p.m.

Ninja Guy reminds me of Ninja Gaiden. I still think they should've given Cody his Final Fight costume as his alt.

IceCold said on April 28, 2010 at 12:31 p.m.

So are the pre-order alts avail already or do we have to wait?
i haven't received my code from Amazon yet.

SmoothJK said on April 28, 2010 at 12:32 p.m.

Was it only Amazon that had the costume deal? That sucks that I might have to wait two months for Guile's alt. =/

IceCold said on April 28, 2010 at 12:33 p.m.

I think so. gamestop had the stupid thumbs figthers.

SmoothJK said on April 28, 2010 at 12:36 p.m.

#4 I didn't even get that lol. Wow, feeling so used and abused right now.

Okirotawa said on April 28, 2010 at 12:37 p.m.

mmmmm i have a question XD

I pre order it and i have the clasic pack XD but i dont want to buy all of them i want the super compleate pack

it will be like sf4 that you cannot buy de compleate pack if you have the individual packs??

KageVincent said on April 28, 2010 at 12:39 p.m.

Hmm...dammit I have to wait til freakin july to play as school girl ibuki!? Ah well I guess I have no choice..til then She shall remain on the scene as a kunoichi

Niessu7 said on April 28, 2010 at 12:41 p.m.

why are they make it so fuc*in hard to get , so retarded capcom

SomeDude said on April 28, 2010 at 12:48 p.m.

Yeah,why not just release the costumes and wait till july to sell it as 1 big pack..

It's ridiculous to wait till the 29th of June to get the (only) pack that I want..

THawk said on April 28, 2010 at 12:49 p.m.

Rocking my Blanka 3rd alt. I like it for some reason.

jay3248 said on April 28, 2010 at 12:50 p.m.

June 22nd for shadowloo pack? Why is it so late? That's the only pack I wanted. By June 22 I will be playing blazblue ct while waiting for bbcs and most like would barely play ssf4 during that time.

Gbraga said on April 28, 2010 at 12:50 p.m.

July? Really?

I can understand waiting 1 more month to pay less, but July??

Oh well I guess there's nothing I can do...

THawk said on April 28, 2010 at 12:54 p.m.

Also... if you buy them all as they come up - going run you almost 30 bucks. Something to keep it mind..

duckmouth said on April 28, 2010 at 12:56 p.m.

I'll be getting a Blanka T-shirt and SFIV iPhone cover as pre-order bonuses. Any market for these in the US?

andriand said on April 28, 2010 at 1:03 p.m.

oh man... that's a crazy long wait! majority of players will probably play other games by then.. it's 3 months away!

Cinderkin said on April 28, 2010 at 1:13 p.m.

3 months to buy all of the costumes? that is bogus!

Capcom why so long?

halo said on April 28, 2010 at 1:23 p.m.

While i love the new costumes, honestly they could have at least included them in 3 large packs and not in so many small ones for the same price. For example put the classic characters (SFII) in one pack, the Alpha characters in one pack and the 3rd strikers/SFIV/SSFIV ones in a third or something along those lines regardless if their numbers are completely balanced

halo said on April 28, 2010 at 1:25 p.m.

#16 - probably because they think this way it will be easier to convince us to buy them, 1 at a time, rather than make everyone available from the get go. Plus it also makes it seem as if the DLC content keeps coming

son1cflash said on April 28, 2010 at 1:31 p.m.

Im gonna wait till july because PSN sucks in that department. I ran into a problem for sf4 costume packs. I bought guile's costume pack and couldnt get the 50% deal for the full costume pack. I'm not sure if the same thing will happen until then im gonna have to wait till July for guile's new alt. :-(

recovery said on April 28, 2010 at 1:38 p.m.

*bookmarks May 25th*

Klotzek said on April 28, 2010 at 1:54 p.m.

"pointing with my finger on the guys who bought costumes" HAHA!

Dan_CiTi said on April 28, 2010 at 2:06 p.m.

Why not just release it all at once?

TheZed said on April 28, 2010 at 2:07 p.m.

With SF4 the complete DLC pack was out by the end of march. They realized people were willing to buy them individually and pay more rather than wait. This time around they just flat out know 95% of the people wont be patient enough to wait for the complete pack and would rather pay double to have it right now. Capcom knows how to make that money.

jon said on April 28, 2010 at 2:32 p.m.

I guess I won't be downloading any alt costumes until July. I'd rather pay once for all of them.

andriand said on April 28, 2010 at 2:48 p.m.

@ #23: because when u sell them individually, it's more profitable. and Capcom is well aware that some people won't be able to wait until July for the complete pack.

HyperFlow said on April 28, 2010 at 2:49 p.m.

I really want Akumas new costume... but the fact it means i will end up with Ryu's & Ken's imo AWFUL costumes is kind of turning me away. I would actually rather not have them.

raymk said on April 28, 2010 at 2:59 p.m.

Rose best one yet but i still like her original better than both her alt. That's only cause its very good and original by itself. Both her altenates are good though and she's still sexy =D

whinerhubs_com said on April 28, 2010 at 3:02 p.m.

The super complete pack costume will cost 2,000 yen (USD$20) /1,440MSP

If you're worrying about not being able to purchase complete pack in the future if you obtain the individual pack on PS3, you can always purchase the complete pack by opening & using a new PSN account. The costume will work for all PSN id in the PS3 you download to.

whinerhubs_com said on April 28, 2010 at 3:09 p.m.

And if you already have the pre-order pack like many of us do, the difference between the complete pack and all individual packs is only around USD $4 ~$6.

J said on April 28, 2010 at 3:10 p.m.

Complete Pack comes out on my birthday, yay.

EasierToRun09 said on April 28, 2010 at 3:19 p.m.

I have to wait until June 15th for Abel's badass costume?

Super lame! (Pun not intended)

caruga said on April 28, 2010 at 3:27 p.m.

Rufus ain't a brawler, he's just a blob.

Bison said on April 28, 2010 at 3:35 p.m.

I hate that Bison's costume comes way in June. Either way I need some comp. If you are looking to fight a good Bison, add me on PSN. RockmanX20. Tell me that you saw me on Eventhubs

Steam said on April 28, 2010 at 3:41 p.m.

Could someone tell me why I didn't get a code when I preordered SSF4 off amazon? The SSF4 website said you get it. That's false advertising...

SF2FOREVER said on April 28, 2010 at 3:44 p.m.

@#25 amazon will email you the code 10 days after they billed you.

SF2FOREVER said on April 28, 2010 at 3:47 p.m.

correction: @35(above) not#25

costumes are not my concern at all. don't need them. The best costumes are the original set. I don't plan on getting any of them, or maybe when they drop the price to $6.49 for all like they did to SFIV costume pack. i might consider slightly if so.

Ghier99 said on April 28, 2010 at 3:51 p.m.

July is ridiculous. Especially considering they are on the disc we just cant use all of them until almost 3 months from now.

benjee said on April 28, 2010 at 4:02 p.m.

4$ for 5 characters, seriously....

Speedwagon said on April 28, 2010 at 4:06 p.m.

That's like two f_cking months from now.
We're not gonna be able to complete our collection till a sixth a year from now.
How does that sound?

WhiteHotTaco said on April 28, 2010 at 4:29 p.m.

July 27th, can't wait.

naroth said on April 28, 2010 at 4:51 p.m.

I received my amazon code today

OG said on April 28, 2010 at 5:01 p.m.

I'll wait for the complete pack. Good thing I preordered and got some from Amazon.

Steam said on April 28, 2010 at 5:25 p.m.

Thanks 36/37.

Bison said on April 28, 2010 at 7:03 p.m.

@25 I got my code already from Amazon. Check your e-mail and be sure you didn't get it in the spam e-mails.

SaintAvi said on April 28, 2010 at 7:09 p.m.

I'd be careful, if you buy or redeem a code for one pack I think you wont be able to download the entire pack on PSN like with Vanilla SF4.

Anyway, FCK ME I gotta wait till the end of July?

KDash said on April 28, 2010 at 7:36 p.m.

Called it. 7 weeks for costumes most people will buy anyway, the only thing thats lightly understandable is releasing the full cast alts last.

4 bucks a piece and the grand wait each week.
I thought capcom was listening to our feedback.

Ok, the gameplay they fixed because of our requests but the outfits? they have to make up for the 40 dollar price tag somehow.

CMAyhem said on April 28, 2010 at 8:38 p.m.

i don't really care about alternate costumes, after all i saw
i'm realizing that the original ones are the best ones.

SF2FOREVER said on April 28, 2010 at 8:47 p.m.

agreed. #49. no first set, and therefore no second set for me. Original ones are the best and took capcom the MOST time to create and make. where as the alts took them alot less time and effort to create. 80% of them don't look right at all.

my 0.2 cent only.

DecoyLogan said on April 28, 2010 at 8:52 p.m.

Oh jeez that complete pack is extremely far away. Maybe we could bump that up just to a bit sooner?

R said on April 28, 2010 at 9:14 p.m.

Damn it, I fought with the new alt Guile online, he wears different sunglasses too.

guile_makoto said on April 28, 2010 at 10:25 p.m.

yo r i think it was me i was looking sexy right lol xsonic boom v .... if you bought it on amazon check ur email u got it in ur email i got mine the same day i hope not alot of people got it i like going around surprising peoplee and guile in the alt with color 11 is god like and fei is sexy to

GrimmjawJin said on April 28, 2010 at 10:52 p.m.

The complete pack is 3 months away... WTFing sh!t

Devil said on April 29, 2010 at 1:43 a.m.

Dammit, Why are all of the alt costumes so far away? I wish it was like SFVI where it came out every week and not every other week! Oh well.

KDash said on April 29, 2010 at 4:02 a.m.

Valid point, why every two weeks? like the wait isn't long enough.

There is a percentage of gamers going for that new game. Soon super will be old and the wait for the outfits that have been hyped for some time will be too much. Those "loyal fans" won't be that way for long.

Flipboy189 said on April 29, 2010 at 4:07 a.m.

Can't wait for Sakura's new costume!

Wishpig said on April 29, 2010 at 4:34 a.m.

BUT I WANT RUFUS'S NOW!WHAAAAA!

KidBlanka said on April 29, 2010 at 6:41 a.m.

looking at some thumb fighter's while my friends rockin a Gens alt. really grinds my gears....i will be waiting till July 27 for that nice price of 1600

Stingah said on April 29, 2010 at 6:54 a.m.

I am sure we can all hold our breaths for the "new" guys alternates later on in the year to make them equal to the number of costumes the "old" guys have.

skid5jack said on April 29, 2010 at 7:15 a.m.

June 29th for the final download is an absolute pisstake.

Got my copy today tho and it was a great surprise seeing a variatiion on Alternate 10 colour as I forgot about that.

The game f**kin rocks

L said on April 29, 2010 at 8:35 a.m.

7 packs * $3.99, no thanks.

I'll wait a year until it's more reasonably priced. I picked up Vanilla's entire alt. pack for 5.99 or so. All these packs almost cost as much as the game does.

TCal said on April 29, 2010 at 9:30 a.m.

Did anybody receive their code from Best Buy(preorder) yet? Im still waiting :(

DanoftheJungle said on April 29, 2010 at 11:17 a.m.

Why did they give Dan, T Hawk and Dee Jay nipples but all the other guys don't have any? It's a mystery!

SF2FOREVER said on April 29, 2010 at 11:23 a.m.

@#64
yeah true, there's no rush guys. you all are falling into capcoms milk-your-money-with-costumes to make up for the cost of the game strategy. they want you guys to buy them separately, and they know that some of you guys are impatient and will jump on it at any price. It's mind game. For all those don't really care much because it doesn't affect game play at all, just wait 6+months or even 1 year, price will be $6.00 +/- for all packs. SSF4 will be here for a long time, so Don't fall into capcom's trap please.

my opinion only. :)

whinerhubs_com said on April 29, 2010 at 3:36 p.m.

Now without the championship mode to separate the elite from the majority, I'm gonna get hate message from scrubs that calling me idiot for paying for alternate costume.... Even thought I pay $0.00 for my costume...

Just for you to know, alternate costume is not for improving the gameplay. It's for glorifying my gameplay and show my enthusiasm for Street Fighter.

iamwarpath said on April 29, 2010 at 10:29 p.m.

I paid for these with regular Street Fighter 4. Now Capcom is telling me that I have to pay for them again because this is a different game?

rynosayso said on April 30, 2010 at 3:46 a.m.

i've seen some of the new alt costume on online already,
i saw deejay and guy. can someone expain how thats possible

rynosayso said on April 30, 2010 at 3:49 a.m.

^^^^ mybad online as in ranked mode and endless. i fought this deejay who has the alt costume already? weird?

othawize said on April 30, 2010 at 6:30 a.m.

@ #71 and #72
Deejay and Guy's Alternate came out around official release day as part of the "Super Challangers Pack 1" along with Makoto, Hakan, and Dudley.

Also, if you pre-ordered from Amazon, you would recieve a redemption code for the "Super Classic Pack" featuring alts for Blanka,FeiLong, Gen, Guile, and Dhalsim . You can't currently get this code from Amazon at this time, but people are selling them on Ebay for a price.

***DID anyone ACTUALLY pre-order from Amazon?

othawize said on April 30, 2010 at 6:30 a.m.

@ 70 and 71 I meant to say

Maverick said on May 3, 2010 at 8:28 a.m.

I'll probably buy them separated, but since I'm sharing the account with some friends, it will be pretty Inexpensive

Ash2X said on May 5, 2010 at 5:07 a.m.

I really love the game (even if I am a beginner) but the prices are unacceptable for just a bunch of costumes...