Posted by Catalyst
April 22, 2010 at 5:04 a.m. PDT
Capcom discusses Marvel vs. Capcom 3's roster size, Super Street Fighter 4 PC and more Capcom employees posted a few responses to fans across the Unity Boards and their European Twitter account, discussing things like the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom battle point situation, SSFIV piracy and other stuff.

Here's what they had to say.

Is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 going to have more than 30 characters?

Sven: We're not saying anything beyond "at least 30" right now. Any other reports beyond that are rumor and speculation.

Wouldn't porting Super Street Fighter 4 to the PC be easy since you guys already did SF4? Why can't you just port it?

Seth: I'd personally like to see SSFIV on PC, but there's no news to share about it right now.

I will say that the "just port it" discussions are a very regular feature here, since anytime we release a game on one platform, players on a different platform understandably ask us to bring it there as well. In every case, they underestimate the true costs and challenges of porting one game from one dev environment to another.

Doing a port requires 1) spending enough money making sure all the technical stuff works 2) making sure the game's expected sales on the new platform can justify that spend 3) and finally, ensuring that the project is a good, profitable use of your staff's limited time. Even if a project will take in more money than it costs, because your development staff is very limited, having them work for 6 months on something that makes $10,000 (as an example) would not be a successful project. They could have been working on something else that might have made a lot more money, so this was basically a loss as far as the lost opportunity.

People usually severely underestimate 1), which then leads them to assuming 2) is always true, and in most cases don't even think about 3). Obviously some of this analysis requires access to internal Capcom numbers you don't have, so no one is at fault, just saying it's often more complicated and expensive than you might think :P

Is there any update on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's online battle points being reset?

Seth: Unfortunately we haven't found a fix yet, or isolated the problem completely, but it is still being investigated. I wish I could pop in with great news, but I don't have it.

Is the PAL version of Super Street Fighter 4 region locked?

Capcom Europe: PlayStation 3 is region free, Xbox 360 is locked by territory.

Are you guys aware that SSFIV was leaked early by pirates for the Xbox 360?

Sven: I'm aware it has leaked. Obviously, I'm not happy about it.

Comments

Mineral said on April 22, 2010 at 5:10 a.m.

Oh noes, xbox pirates strike again. Next time we only see a PS3 SF5 release because of teh evilz pc and xbox pirats.

TheShotokan said on April 22, 2010 at 5:13 a.m.

f1ip said on April 22, 2010 at 5:19 a.m.

fan boy above me

CrazyCat said on April 22, 2010 at 5:31 a.m.

No, technically it's true, and I'm not a fanboy.

prorook said on April 22, 2010 at 5:32 a.m.

Maybe they'll think twice about handing out so many copies before release next time. I mean goddamn, it seemed like everybody except for me was playing it even before the leak.

supershinbison said on April 22, 2010 at 5:33 a.m.

cant believe all those damn people pirating the damn game. impatient bastards! wait for the game like everyone else and support capcom for their efforts in making great games. don't you idiots know the more people that buy this game the more money capcom makes and the more money capcom makes the better quality of games we'll receive! i guess some people just don't care about supporting a franchise. i for one support capcom and will buy their products because i want them to continue the quality of great fighting games like sf4 and ssf4. pirating games is bs!

Shin said on April 22, 2010 at 5:36 a.m.

wth, ssf4 isn't locked either on 360 (nor was sf4 or re5 or pretty much every game they did on 360)

CrazyCat said on April 22, 2010 at 5:36 a.m.

"pirating games is bs!"

Well, mostly for new games, cause it doesn't hurt anyone to download some Super Nes games.

juxtapose said on April 22, 2010 at 5:41 a.m.

"2) making sure the game's expected sales on the new platform can justify that spend 3) and finally, ensuring that the project is a good, profitable use of your staff's limited time."

I hate you so much Capcom. You did all this when you released SF4 on PC and then told us how pleased you were with sales. Shut up and announce the PC version. We already know it's in the works, so why do you lie to our faces?

Shin said on April 22, 2010 at 5:42 a.m.

supershinbison>from my point of view, that's where XBL comes into play, I mean even this spring/summer snk xbla games have been leaked for sometime, you could play them, but I seriously don't see the point without Live support in them yet... simply because that's pretty much all that was added to those release compared to arcade or ps2. (on top of that, forking 800msp for those games is a steal)

I just don't see the point of SF4 without Live support... (and I hope I'm not the only one thinking that way, and that's why ppl will buy it when it's out)

his1nightmare said on April 22, 2010 at 5:45 a.m.

#9, juxtapose

My words.

EverydayLegend said on April 22, 2010 at 5:45 a.m.

Pirating games pre-release is always a douche move, I don't care why it's done, because the reasons for doing so always boil down to shoddily-justified impatience. Wait your turn like everyone else and you'll see more of these games out sooner.

Also, saying any system is "better" is a fanboy tactic. It all lies in personal system preference, because all systems carry pros and cons across the board. PS3 may be the system of choice for offline play, but 360 has the superior online network by far. Both points are valid, and tend to counteract each other perfectly, rather than saying that a system is clearly "better."

Paging Dr. Honda.

MrTanooki said on April 22, 2010 at 5:46 a.m.

The game was completed more then a month ago and they give away dozens of prerelease copies to the press. Did they really think it wasn't going to be leaked?

supershinbison said on April 22, 2010 at 5:54 a.m.

@EverydayLegend
i agree pirating games is bs and i really don't think any reason is justified for it. i also agree with you about fan boys. like i have said in previous posts every system has good and bad aspects to them. just enjoy your system and don't hate on others. pirating is still bs!

guile_makoto said on April 22, 2010 at 5:57 a.m.

Hello if you don't know stores are selling them and the copy they gave out was versus only so someone had to get the real copy first and leak douhce bag

Klotzek said on April 22, 2010 at 6:10 a.m.

I have played the pirated version aswell but i have already paid for my preorder so its justified.

Maverick said on April 22, 2010 at 6:10 a.m.

@EverydayLegend, supershinbison

"Wait in line like everyone else" "Impatience"

You say something like that because you probably don't have acces to the pirated version(be by not having a modded xbox or know-how). I have SF4 for the PS3, which is the same plataform compatible with my TE Stick and the same one where most of my friends play AND the same one waiting for my SSF4 pre-order.

But I downloaded the xbox360 version anyway to have a sneak-peek of it. And now, after having a taste of it, I'm 100% certain this game will be AWESOME in many ways.

Therefore in my case, I think it's justified

But if you want to condone someone for pirating games without the intention of buying them, well, that's another story...

HukGuay said on April 22, 2010 at 6:21 a.m.

pretty obvious game was going to be leaked because of all these testings and events you had for the public.

I find it funny how you say the game will be released at the same time for everyone around the world so no one gets ahead. However, Americans and many Europeans have already tried out and tested out the game weeks before it was released. So much for making it fair for everyone. Now when the first few tournaments come out it won't be fair cause the top players already have experience with the game and know what to expect.

Who cares if the pc version got pirated. Who plays a fighting game against computers all day or on a keyboard for that matter. Even though it for pirated it let everyone know what street fighter was and probably got it for their ps3 or xbox or play it at a friend's house.

I hate Seth, never has anything good to say and informative. Whenever something the public already knows he comes out of his shell and goes like o yea its true blah blah blah. Why not tell people something before everyone already knows!

supershinbison said on April 22, 2010 at 6:24 a.m.

@Maverick
i don't care to pirate games and i never will. like you everyone is curious to play and experiment with the game but that doesn't condone pirating in my eyes. it's good you plan on buying the game when it comes out but still you and all the other piraters should've wait like everyone else is suppose to do. if you wanted to play that bad there were some events you could've attended to try out the game. so sorry i don't support your justification.

Bigshel said on April 22, 2010 at 6:28 a.m.

All I see in here is "SALTINESS". I swear to god, each and every last one of you, if you had the chance to play SSFIV now, you would. Even if it was a Pirated copy. Do I have SSFIV? NO. Have I played it? YES. DO I have both the 30 AND PS3 versions paid off? YES. A lot of people got it and are still buying it. They just wanted to test drive it. Granted. There are still a lot of people that pirated so they dont have to buy it (and you know who you are) and that's wrong as hell. but it is what it is. I am not justifying my actions. I am just telling you the Damn truth. I wanted to play SSFIV, I knew people that had it, and I played it. Now I feel comfortable spending 120 bucks on both versions of the game (60 for both, plus 40 for alts). later.

Maverick said on April 22, 2010 at 6:31 a.m.

@supershinbison

"some events you could've attended to try out the game."

Not all of us live on USA, Europe or Japan man, some of us got to work with what we got.

But be certain, it was well worth it.

Shin said on April 22, 2010 at 6:35 a.m.

what's with the testing and previewing leak chitchat...can't you read the nfo of the release ? a belgian dude won the retail version at some tournament and leaked it. NO PREVIEW OR TESTING VERSION OF THE GAME HAS BEEN LEAKED WHATSOEVER.

dommafia said on April 22, 2010 at 6:49 a.m.

@26 there's so much wrong info in your post... If you've watched any of the teamspooky stream at all you'd know that sagat was toned down a lot and now has to work for his wins a lot more.

ryu will be picked online even if he was nerfed to DAN status.. why? because he represents Street Fighter and he's always been the "easy to pick up" character. Why do you care what other people choose anyway? would you change your main if i msg you and said "hey #5%42!#@ stop playing with BLABLA because im a self important douche and you need to play who I want you to play"...

meh SSF4 is the shiz and the most balanced fighting game to this day. 90% of the cast is viable now.

Maverick said on April 22, 2010 at 6:56 a.m.

@Clovr4Lyf

Yeah that deal with the SF4 bonus was a bit... cheap... since we could sell the game and still have the save data, BUT maybe.... maybe, capcom has something else stored for us.

I think the game was well balanced, everyone got new tools to work around previous matchups. And you will always see alot of Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Sagat.

I also disagree with the latter part, since 1st, you don't need to see the command on the loading screen, it's not like you don't know how to do it, right? 2nd That split second it's actually enough for you to read the ultra name, not exaclty the most useful use of that space, but still, does what it's intended too.

Adjacent said on April 22, 2010 at 6:56 a.m.

I hope Capcom doesn't waste their time on a PC release and instead works on Darkstalkers 3.

Suppi said on April 22, 2010 at 7 a.m.

street fighter high!

for people who havent seen it yet, check it out! xD

HukGuay said on April 22, 2010 at 7 a.m.

true sagat has been balanced but with his angry scar it let open alot of cheap combos for sagat to do. HK scar ultra gg

kidd said on April 22, 2010 at 7:30 a.m.
cadnexus said on April 22, 2010 at 7:30 a.m.

Not only the characters I like to see I also have ideas that would be interesting:

Of course more and some returning ones

Capcom Characters: Marvel:

Bionic Commando Returning ones: Spiderman, Storm, Cable, Cyclops,Iceman

Lost Planet (Wayne Holden) Gambit, Venom, Rogue, War Machine, blackheart and Sentinel

Victor (Dark Stalkers) New Ones:

Pyron (darkstalkers) Deadpool, Red Hulk, Blade, Thor, Mr. Fantastic, Blackbolt,

Alex (SF3) Carnage, She Hulk, Dr. Strange, Domino, and Sentry.

Dante

Nero Of course would like to see ALL of marvel's characters return

Returning ones: but if it's just thirty, I'm just picking my favorites.

Hayato, Mega Man, Jin, and

Captain Commando

Nemesis (resident evil)

Elena,Gill, Urien, and 12 (SF3)

Seth (SF4)

Dimitri (darkstalkers)

Samamosuke (Onimush 3 version)

Just some Ideas: If they do Captain America, I would hope they do the new one with the gun that wears black pants.

If they do Wayne Holden from Lost Planet it would be cool to see him be able to have different gameplay mechanics. He could fight in the giant mech or get out of it and fight. He could also take the gun off and use it, but the mech could be used for more defense, but if he's out he would have more speed. I can see the mech as a RIVAL against the Sentinel because it could have some cool weapons.

I can see Blade take on Dante, a battle between the demon and vampire slayer.

Bionic Comando is a better match for Spiderman, but I would do the black guy with the dreads from the 3d version. He would be an interesting character design. These two dudes love swinging....

Even though there's already a Hulk, Red Hulk would still be cool because you could do an epic battle with the Green Hulk vs Red Hulk. Red Hulk is very different from Green Hulk and has other abilities.

Imagine Shadowcat from X-men or Kitty Pride. She would be a cool character, but would be the cheesiest one because everything would go right through her

CMAyhem said on April 22, 2010 at 7:30 a.m.

"Are you guys aware that SSFIV was leaked early by pirates for the Xbox 360?

Sven: I'm aware it has leaked. Obviously, I'm not happy about it."

well fu(k you dude, capcom deserved it!!!!

CONSTvariable23 said on April 22, 2010 at 7:50 a.m.

Oh look, it's "no news to share" now. That's even more lukewarm than usual.

Nyoro said on April 22, 2010 at 7:56 a.m.

You guys are super whiny today. Calm down you knuckleheads. I really can't believe Sven and Seth can answer all these questions so civilly when people are accusing them and jumping down their throats all the time.

It must take an extraordinary amount of patience to deal with video game fans with all the crying and whining all the time.

whinerhubs_com said on April 22, 2010 at 7:58 a.m.

Most whiners like #33 don't actually play SF4 enough to know the difference of "watching others masters playing on youtube" and "ACTUALLY learn to play yourself". And typically you kind of whiners love to main Bison, Vega, Honda, Elf, because they require no skill to use with their "auto-aim" move.

And don't you know that Capcom nerfs Sagat SO EXTREME that they make sure you whiners have NO EXCUSE next time when you lose to a Sagat. Sagat's fireball 50 dmg (lowest in game same as Guile), second hit of tiger knee only 40 dmg (that a jab!), uppercut maximum of 100 dmg (worst than Dan). All his heavy attack nerf to 100 and you can't cancel any of them.

Now go back and hold your wiener and whine in front of your video player.

kpw said on April 22, 2010 at 8:13 a.m.

i would assume that quite a lot of the people who did pirate it in advance will be buying it as well when it comes out, they just wanted to be part of that exclusive club that gets it early.

i mean, its not like they can play it online, so i would think a large ammount would still want to buy it, and their eagerness just won out

PhinnyCupcakes said on April 22, 2010 at 8:15 a.m.

Capcom didn't deserve to be pirated. No company does. So many people of the street fighter community are the biggest bitches I have ever seen. Whining that their character isnt number 1, or was nerfed, when the game isn't even out yet. I feel bad for Seth having to put up with people like you.

SteadiestShark said on April 22, 2010 at 8:21 a.m.

Shut up Sven, it's your company's damned fault for witholding the game longer than it needed to be. The same people that are pirating it are also likely to buy the damned game.

To hell with "Oh, we want to keep shareholders happy by balancing out our releases".

chickenwings said on April 22, 2010 at 8:32 a.m.

exactly, they shouldnt have gave any early copies out, top p;ayer or not they should have waited till the 27 like everyone else.

Smorgasboard said on April 22, 2010 at 8:46 a.m.

Everyone I know pirate games but don't buy them so it's not true that everyone is going to buy them. There is no absolute way to know what is the percentage so most business would just assume the worst just like how pirates assume the best.

In the end, everyone loses.

Dan_CiTi said on April 22, 2010 at 8:54 a.m.

I just hope they include all of the costumes right off the bat for the PC version, I like them way better than the fan made ones, at least some of them.

Sol_Badguy said on April 22, 2010 at 8:55 a.m.

The one who needs to shut up is you. Even if the game was released a month earlier, the game would have still been pirated. Capcom has no obligation to appease its fans with favorable release dates, but they do have an obligation to their shareholders and other parties of interest to maximize their quarterly earnings. Grow up, child.

Smorgasboard said on April 22, 2010 at 8:56 a.m.

That's not true.

The first wave of videos came from preview copies running custom machines. This was what the bulk of news outlet and events were using. Justin Wong's Dudley, Ibuki and Guy videos were done on this.

The second wave came from the real final copies that were also given to news outlet and events. This was sometime after Hakan was revealed. This when we start getting SSF4 streams.

The third wave was when the pirated copy got out. There weren't really a lot of videos though. People probably didn't want to announce they were pirating and it didn't last long anyway.

The last wave which just happened recently is because of stores breaking the release date early. Could be a response to the piracy by stores who could lose sales to it. These led to all the HD trial videos we see today.

At no point, were any players, top or bottom, given the game by Capcom to take home. If they had it, it was through some other means.

DestinyZX1 said on April 22, 2010 at 9:08 a.m.

I knew they weren't gonna be happy about the game getting leaked out. Not good at all.

Dflowen said on April 22, 2010 at 9:29 a.m.

Damn I want SSFIV for PC. damn pirates/thieves.

Sakura said on April 22, 2010 at 9:31 a.m.

As previously mentioned, they got what they deserved after giving out so many early copies...

they don't have anyone to blame but themselves...

Shin said on April 22, 2010 at 9:31 a.m.

ppl, it's no like everybody who pirates the game would buy it anyway if it's wasn't possible to pirate it. so it's not like capcom is loosing money from those ppl, its more those ppl stealing something they wouldn't buy no matter what.

and on an other side, capcom isn't loosing any money from ppl dling the game a few days before the release to play a bit while waiting for their preorder game to ship.

Of course capcom has every right to be mad, it's not like piracy is ever a good thing (that's what homebrew is supposed to be) but it's impossible for them to have any REAL idea what their loss is due to piracy, and they can, and will only assume the worst like Nintendo does all the time.

Stingah said on April 22, 2010 at 9:39 a.m.

MvsC3 is going to have more than 30 characters. If SSF4 has 35..... MvsC3 is going to have a bigger cast.

Mineral said on April 22, 2010 at 10:01 a.m.

Why the hell do you guys always talk about pirates. Hell go watch curse of the carribean.

jay3248 said on April 22, 2010 at 10:05 a.m.

capcom lies a lot, and thats how they please their fans. they give bad news (such as no arcade ssf4 and no mvc3 in development), and then they make themselves look like heroes by saying, due to fan demands, we r gona do it...just for you guys.

they pretend its all coz the fans asked for it. mvc3, the leaker said it will have a lottttttttttttt of characters. capcom saying its gona be about 30. obviously ppl r disappointed to hear 30. i bet soon they will say, due to fan demands, we're gona make it 60 characters. but little does the community know, the 60 characters were created long time ago.... See More

but how can they make so many characters in such a short time? most would figure it out. and this is the part im scared of. they are gona make these "new" characters that the fans demanded as DLC.

Psycho said on April 22, 2010 at 10:15 a.m.

damn 60 is way too much

choysauce85 said on April 22, 2010 at 10:28 a.m.

we have to understand this company is a business, they provide us with games so we can support their company. If we want them to keep making games like MVC 3 or SSF4 we have to buy their products. otherwise they say "this project doesn't make money anymore. we aren't gonna make anymore" so the pirates who give a damn should purchase a copy anyways.

and since we know they lie to us about features of the games, what does it matter? its a marketing strategy to get us hype about the game later on. so just chill and see how many characters there will be later on.

Douchebag said on April 22, 2010 at 10:49 a.m.

The final response had a few edits. Here is the "real" (read: troll) version.

Sven: I'm aware it has leaked. Obviously, I'm not happy about it. Pirating games means less disposable income for us at Capcom to spend on hookers and blow. Please stop pirating games.

alfarin said on April 22, 2010 at 10:51 a.m.

I do hope that no 1. knows that literally about 1% of 360 owners are pirates, right?

Mugenpunch said on April 22, 2010 at 11:02 a.m.

To all you guys who are justifying pirating it just to try it out n saying that you plan on buying it anyway- please realize what harm you are doing. Even though you plan to buy it, the fact that you pirated it now increases the no. of copies pirated.
For example: Many people who bought legit copies of SFIV for PS3 or XBOX360 pirated the PC version to try out skins and other stuff--- which means that counted towards no. of pirated PC copies. Then you are the same people who come and post on these forums saying PC players are pirates and they should not get SSFIV on PC. Think about what consequences your actions have on the whole. Why should PC players be affected by frivolous actions of others? And yes, I am a PC player who bought the game and waiting for SSFIV on PC.

akumous said on April 22, 2010 at 11:04 a.m.

Personally I am kind of mad the game has been leaked and pirated amongst 360 users solely because they are ahead of me in getting to know the new characters and gaming mechanics. If I had a 360 I would have done the same but I would have bought the legit version once it becomes available.

I honestly believe, or would like to believe, those who own the hacked versions would eventually by the legit copies since they want to play it online without any repercussions. And yes there is that majority or minority that doesn't care and want to have a free copy of the game.

But Capcom shouldn't be surprised at all that's why Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and the PC are so popular because they could be easily hacked and play pirated games. Why you think a lot of people are crying out for PC version? They just want to own definitive copy of SSFIV for free.:)

PhilDSnutz said on April 22, 2010 at 11:06 a.m.

@#23

You know what, I couldn't. I thought about what you said for a solid 10 minuets wondering if I would play it if I got the chance right now and I have to say. I wouldn't. Mainly because I would feel way to dirty if I did. I mean it would be fun, I guess, but for me it would take the magic out of going to the store, getting it, opening it and watching the opening for the first time. I've tried my best to avoid watching the game play videos because I don't want to ruin that magic.

Mugenpunch said on April 22, 2010 at 11:13 a.m.

@whinerhubs_com #33

What are you on about dude??? hahahaahah.. crying because your beloved sagat got ditched?? he's still plenty good and has easy options.
OMG, elf, vega and e.honda dont take skill to main??? hahhahhahahahahaa. that pretty much discredits anything that you had to say!! lmfao

Mugenpunch said on April 22, 2010 at 11:14 a.m.

sorry post was @ #39

RyuSpirit said on April 22, 2010 at 11:29 a.m.

MAKE SFV
A
PS3
E
X
C
L
U
S
I
V
E!!!!!!!

Arrancar said on April 22, 2010 at 11:30 a.m.

Ha pirates strike again i choose free over paying for anything hahaha

Smorgasboard said on April 22, 2010 at 11:30 a.m.

Don't encourage piracy or the terrorist wins!

BlankaBeast said on April 22, 2010 at 11:31 a.m.

PC FTW. Just Port it.

Rave_Zero said on April 22, 2010 at 11:37 a.m.

[QUOTE]
akumous #63 wrote:
[/QUOTE]

I hope you are kidding, because most PC-players buy the games which they play regularly.

You also don't call ALL XBOX/Wii/PS3 players pirates, just because it's possible to copy games on these platforms too, do you?

PC is simply the best platform for people who do not only play all day. Gamepads/Joysticks are also available thanks to USB.

DoomGuy86 said on April 22, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.

In my very good Spanish:

@Adjacent

Vamos a ver tío listo, me parece bien que tengas tus preferencias, pero deberías callar un poco la boca sobre deseos que joden a otros interesados, ¿de acuerdo amigo?

SSFIV for PC!!!

recovery said on April 22, 2010 at 11:59 a.m.

Instead of wasting their time with a PC port they should give us more stages and new alts

HouseOfPaincakes said on April 22, 2010 at 12:02 p.m.

Wow, can't believe all the whining going on!

Capcom is a BUSINESS and they do have obligations to their shareholders, investors, etc. They have no obligation to you to release it when you want it.

Just be happy we are even getting a Super SF4 at all. The argument that "Capcom brought this on themselves" is horsesh*t.

Ryu_Apprentice said on April 22, 2010 at 12:03 p.m.

guys guys guys. dont fret over capcom, they are just trying to make some noise, they cant do without releasing the pc version of SSF4, the SF4 pc sold over a million copies and calculate $39 x 1,000,000(at least) and that's $39,000,000.

Even if your work is pirated and you still bag the above amount wont you still release it,

They just want a rush for the PS3 and XBOX360 version, so they can sneek in the PC version.

(thought they said there wasnt going to be an arcade release too? lets watch them)

Capcom is so predictable

recovery said on April 22, 2010 at 12:23 p.m.

By the way, THAT'S how C. Viper should have looked... :(

Melbester9 said on April 22, 2010 at 12:25 p.m.

I hope the pc people get ssf4, i hope the roster for mvc3 is 100, 50 for both sides. But people who pirate games early before release, just got no patience, no life, do something, to pass time like seriously.

Rvo2099 said on April 22, 2010 at 12:26 p.m.

@ Smorgasboard - Capcom is terrorist with all this suspense about releasing or not SSF4 for PC... :(

SteadiestShark said on April 22, 2010 at 12:41 p.m.

@ 47

Child. K.

I just think it's stupid, a lot of people that have pirated it are only doing so until the "real" game comes out. (If you don't know, MS bans any pirated games now - so it's definitely within their best interests, especially if they want to play it online)

Pirating wouldn't look nearly as desirable if the game was actually released when it was in stock...

Shanic said on April 22, 2010 at 12:46 p.m.

Marvel vs capcom 2 had 56 characters...

30???

ffs

no thx.

Alrd said on April 22, 2010 at 1:17 p.m.

@ 81

It's clearly obvious SSFIV would never, ever exist as a DLC.

ptinolv said on April 22, 2010 at 1:18 p.m.

"[..] this analysis requires access to internal Capcom numbers you don't have [...]"
How about we start with how many copies have been sold so far on PC.

I am sure they will release this PC version. They are bluffing they won't because PC sales are mostly through steam, d2d, etc. and nobody has real numbers. For an online multiplayer game, 2M pirated copies that cannot use online modes doesn't mean anything. Yeah you can use GFWL serial of other games, but that requires a legal GFWL game and a minimum of computer knowledge. IMO that doesn't represent that much lose for them.

They keep the suspense so everybody will be very grateful when they release it. It will look like a disinterested gift to the fans, when in fact they will make millions with a minimum work.

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on April 22, 2010 at 1:22 p.m.

Dam 360 Pirates. This better not effect future games.

Nyoro said on April 22, 2010 at 1:23 p.m.

Yeah, but waiting an agonizing 4+ months for a game that everyone is going to pick to pieces and have glorious fun without you is your choice.

Not to mention there's no denying that PC players have the largest volume of rage-quitters.

Psycho said on April 22, 2010 at 1:27 p.m.

game leaked, nothing new really...

6ixx said on April 22, 2010 at 1:38 p.m.

I hate hearing these pirate justifications. Nothing justifies what you did/do. You stole from them and that's illegal so anything you say doesn't matter

@ pc users

shut the hell up. Buy a console like everyone else instead of complaining all day. Initial sales of sfiv will always remain the same for any system but if people can find a way to pirate it easily then they won't bother purchasing the game. People who would take the game for free far out ways people willing to support capcom and did I mention how easy it is to copy on pc?
If a company had such good sales on a release you think they wouldn't keep up with the demand? They'd lose a ton of money restocking and that's where ot hurts capcom. Sfiv was part of the top 10 most pirated games in the world for 2009

@ 75

Capcom won't receive that much. 25m is a more reasonable number. You have to pay for distributors, shipping, and several other factors.

DashHyper said on April 22, 2010 at 1:46 p.m.

why pirate is only $40 dollars.
cheap bastards!!

Nyoro said on April 22, 2010 at 2:18 p.m.

Yeah, that's on my list of complaints about SSF4, but it's already said and done so I'll just shoulder through it.

Giving the #1 character in the game a special super-ish cancel. Why can't any other character get something interesting like that? Leaving characters like Rose and Fei Long out to dry, too.

ces1984 said on April 22, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.

This is because people know people. It's just the way things are. I think shop owners sale a few copies to friends or regular customers that they are tight with. This also gives these people who have the game right now a head start practicing on their combos and leveling up there game play.

Some game shop owners break the rules to make some money on the side. It is what it is. Then close to the release date the shop owners order more copies to sale to the general public who come to there store. There shop owner will have a bunch more in the stock room waiting for the release date to be sold. I am just waiting until the 30th April release date for United Kingdom.

ces1984 said on April 22, 2010 at 2:22 p.m.

Some game shop owners break the rules to make some money on the side. It is what it is. Then close to the release date the shop owners order more copies to sale to the general public who come to there store. The shop owner will have a bunch more in the stock room waiting for the release date to be sold. I am just waiting until the 30th April release date for United Kingdom.

GameTrekker said on April 22, 2010 at 2:38 p.m.

Okay, this is not entirely related, but potentially very important for Super Street Fighter IV: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/bl...

Capcom says this poll has nothing to do with MvC3, so PLEASE everyone vote for Q and maybe we'll get him in a DLC for SSFIV!

Rich said on April 22, 2010 at 2:49 p.m.

Hey PS3 fanboy, answer me this:
1) On what platform games are being developed?
2) What platform can emulate almost ALL other platforms?

Answer is simple - PC.

I just don't get it, why are they so afraid of pirates? A game like SF is worthless without online play. And you obviously can't play cracked SF online. I'm not satisfied by completing Arcade once a day or do some trials, training without trying it afterwards with someone else.
Loyal customers will buy, and eventually it will double the money. Look at SF4, it was most pirated game of 2009, but it had enormous success in income.

I'm just tired of waiting, i want a simple, clear answer - PC OR NOT!?

Quit fooling around Capcom.

Rich said on April 22, 2010 at 2:55 p.m.

Consoles ain't as comfortable as PC is. You have internet, movies, music, games.

Bonus of consoles is that, many cool games are console exclusive. And hell, if a pirate wants he can crack console games too, what human creates, human can surpass.

And none of PC users are complaining. We're just commenting and sounding our opinion, that's it.

Hamza said on April 22, 2010 at 2:59 p.m.

Blue lipstick viper looks sexy as hell. Hell blue viper looks sexy as hell :p

Boyfriend_of_Ibuki said on April 22, 2010 at 3:05 p.m.

@GameTrekker

Holy S***! Poison is leading the poll wtih 6%! Excellent choice indeed. =D

People please vote vote vote!!!! Please vote for someone unique, we dont need a clone(s) of another character in the game. *cough* Ryu-Akuma *cough*

BedtimeShoryuken said on April 22, 2010 at 3:18 p.m.

i'm glad they are keeping the roster to around 30. better chance to have a balanced game with unique characters and moves by the time next spring comes around. i hope they drop some gameplay vids soon

Sol_Badguy said on April 22, 2010 at 3:24 p.m.

"Capcom should not have rushed it to market so fast! (I said that a long time ago)"

It wasn't rushed. It was delayed because of other major releases in February and March from other companies that Capcom wisely decided not to go up against.

"Now they are kicking themselves in the ass. Make a proper game without trying to nickel and dime people with DLC already on the disc, twice!"

This has absolutely nothing to do with the game being pirated or released in April. Also, the DLC is optional and doesn't affect gameplay. Capcom owes you nothing, so don't expect to get everything handed to you on a silver platter, kid. Besides, SSF4 is only $40. If you are not willing to pay that much for a game you really want to play, then that's your problem, not Capcom's.

Serk said on April 22, 2010 at 3:33 p.m.

HOW BOUT SOME CLAN SUPPORT IN THE DLC YES?

GreatGiovanni said on April 22, 2010 at 4:16 p.m.

Hello im contributing to EventHubs check out GT pop-block trailer on Marvel VS Capcom 3 http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-...

yes4me said on April 22, 2010 at 4:45 p.m.

I can't help Capcom fight piracy but I promise you one thing: I buy the game like I did for SF4.

BullDancer said on April 22, 2010 at 7:25 p.m.

Common sense has finally come back since anonymous posting was gotten rid of.... ish was like a 4chan message board..... tbh I'm more hyped about MVC3 than SSF4, because I can get a fresh start with the new mvc. Most players I end up playing against are too far above my skill level for me to catch up within a reasonable time frame imo

MrPavy said on April 22, 2010 at 8 p.m.

this guy has the themes.... wtf

Psycho said on April 22, 2010 at 8:09 p.m.

@ 88 Sagat needs that! his most powerful tool was his defensive gameplay combined with his high damaging combos, but now that's gone so they give him what?, some ways to combo his ultra, wasting like 4 bars to get some very poor damage? sorry but sagat won't no longer be 1st tier in the game.

riku45 said on April 22, 2010 at 8:19 p.m.

why would the PC version of ssf4 COST more money...The game is built around PC hardware then optimized for the console's hardware stop making crap excuses and bring out the damn PC version -_-

I dont play as much games as I used to which is why I didnt feel the need to buy and xbox or ps3 just for streetfighter 4

EDGEucator said on April 22, 2010 at 8:39 p.m.

You know , i actually had a really thought out post...all i can say is make the next SF game PS3 only.
Put your foot down capcom and let those robbers know that you not gonna let them take your money.

Kouen74 said on April 22, 2010 at 8:51 p.m.

Pirating: It is ok ONLY if you have a non-pirated (bought from stores) copy of the game and you CANNOT DISTRIBUTE any copies to anyone else. Nor can you pirate copies of the same game in different game systems.

But its weird how some of us who look down upon pirating games might also download music without paying for it via limewire / sharing programs. I buy half of my music, most of them on a cd format and the other half is downloaded.

Exis said on April 22, 2010 at 9:06 p.m.

I'm a programmer myself and I've ported a few games from platform to platform and I can say for this particular game, ssf4, porting should be easy and relatively cheap, unlike what sven is claiming.

My arguments against sven's:
1) The technical stuff should already work from when you ported vanilla sf4. The hardest part to port in any game is the engine and that's basically done except for any new engine changes they had to make. But looking at the game, I don't think the engine went through some major overhaul. The new characters, balance tweaks and new multiplayer stuff should be easy to port because it's mainly 'game logic'. Unless capcom wrote really bad code, porting ssf4 shouldn't have to be done from scratch. Most of the port is there from vanilla.

2 and 3) I thought sf4 PC was profitable and capcom was 'satisfied'. So as far as investors are concerned, a PC port of ssf4 should be a good investment. Obviously, there's other hidden factors we're not made aware of.

Shin said on April 23, 2010 at 3:15 a.m.

EDGEucator>lol, ps3 would have been pirated "10times" by now if it didn't have linux at lauch, now they removed it(slim out of the box and 3.21 for fat), hacking is kicking out.

drunkendan said on April 23, 2010 at 7:48 a.m.

@#111 True also these days they even have programs to do it. I do know of one for porting between PS3 and 360

About pirating..it's not really anything new. Though it did kill SNK years ago(anyone else remembe rthat) either way it's nothing new. You can have your opinions on it but remember people who want to pirate will ALWAYS do it. If you create PRECOTIONS like the one that limits installs you actually INCREASE pirating..how? Well for one thing it inconviances the costumer and in some cases they will tell them to RE-BUY the game. Which makes them pirate and anyone who had this problem is more likely to pirate. Not messing with it leaves the piracy levels in check.

Also I have a feeling 30 isn't the number and capcom is mesin with us