Marvel vs. Capcom 3's producer to blog about game, first entry

Posted by Catalyst
April 21, 2010 at 12:26 p.m. PDT
Marvel vs. Capcom 3's producer to blog about game, first entry Ryota Niitsuma, Marvel vs. Capcom 3's producer, has started blogging about the new title. Capcom-Unity translated the first entry.

This isn't too interesting, but Niitsuma talks about the art style of the game.

At last, it begins!

Greetings! This is Niitsuma, and I'm the producer at Capcom for this new title. What's this new title? Well, we're finally able to announce it!

"Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds"!! We've received so many requests from our fans all over the world, saying "You aren't going to do a sequel?" or "If you do it, I want this!", and this time we're finally able to announce this to the fans!

Unfortunately we can't discuss specifics of the game right now, but from here on out we'll be able to reveal information directly to our fans, so I hope that you'll check in frequently to see what we're up to!

Now then, about that pretty trailer...

We'll probably be saying it quite often about this game, but this time around, the character design concept is based around the American Comic Book.

We're making it our goal to bring the Marvel comic books to life to create a game that is undeniably exciting from the get go, so please make sure to check back often to get the latest update on our progress!

Finally, did you notice all of those silhouettes hanging about? I'm guessing those who are well-informed may already know, but how about you poke around and see what you can find? :)

Make sure you check back every now and then to this blog for any updates we may have!

This is Niitsuma, signing off!

Also, remember that the artwork shown yesterday is actually the in-game character models.

Comments

Nyoro said on April 21, 2010 at 12:31 p.m.

That's a good picture to start the entry with, Catalyst.

Street_Fighter_OG said on April 21, 2010 at 12:32 p.m.

Man if this plays as good as it looks, then one word EPIC!!!

alfarin said on April 21, 2010 at 12:48 p.m.

Again.

HYPE!

merc9nine said on April 21, 2010 at 12:49 p.m.

chris redfield, frank west, marvel....marvel zombie alternate costumes please.

Ex_Ein said on April 21, 2010 at 12:58 p.m.

merc don't second you request something like that guess what it's GOING TO COST MONEY

Creeper said on April 21, 2010 at 1 p.m.

How the hell are they the in-game character models? They seriously look like comic book illustrations. That's pretty impressive.

Hansho said on April 21, 2010 at 1:03 p.m.

Those were in-game models? OMG!

kidvid711 said on April 21, 2010 at 1:18 p.m.

More to the story line hmmm, at least everyone doesn't have the same ending.

Catalyst said on April 21, 2010 at 1:24 p.m.

@Nyoronoru

Yes, I liked the Morrigan image too and thought the readers would enjoy it as well. ;)

Telvanni said on April 21, 2010 at 1:37 p.m.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: (F)ate of (T)wo (W)orlds

FTW indeed.

MyWomanJuri said on April 21, 2010 at 1:40 p.m.

@Telvanni

Nice. This game is gonna b tooooooooooooooooo sick. Back to the roots.

Street_Fighter_OG said on April 21, 2010 at 1:40 p.m.

************************* ************************
*EVERYONE READ PLEASE!!!*#*EVERYONE READ PLEASE!!*
************************* ************************
I think that we all should hit up the Capcom Unity fourms and voice our opinions on how many characters and what characters that we would like to see. It's good that we are voicing our opinions and thoughts here in Event hubs. That shows we have a strong community of members, but what counts and the only way they will notice our opinions is that we take what he have suggested and thought and post actively on the fourms.
What will also be cool to represent Event hubs community on their forums would be to put a EH_Username ..Example for me EH_Street_Fighter_OG Not saying you have to but it's an idea that I just thought of. I'm going to admit that I have a Capcom Unity Login, but Im going to make another login to represent Event Hubs. The point I'm trying to make is that no one can come plain if they don't at least try by posting on their forum which they have stated many times in their videos/interviews that they have been doing alot of adjusting based on a lot of fan feed back. Now let me make this clear. Representing does not mean go there flamming and spamming, telling them what to do and how to do it. Just peacefully let them know how much it will me to have certain characters in. i have read throughout this community, teamxbox, ign, srk, and many others and I have seen a lot of the same request. if the same request are noticeable throughout their forums. i'm sure they will make it happen.

Burn said on April 21, 2010 at 1:42 p.m.

Nice, I love when Developers do blogs weekly or whatnot. It makes me feel like I am a part of something...
:'|
Moar Morrigan! Anyone else notice that Iron Man just kinda flew off with her latched onto him in the trailer? Looks like his Iron suit isn't the only reason he is called "iron" man...

jdigitalseven said on April 21, 2010 at 1:48 p.m.

CVS2 had so much to offer and none of that queer 3S picking 1 super. I think they'll most likely make CVS3, it would be more complicated because of SNK....but it should probably blow every fighter out of the water. MVC3 was started in late 2008, so who knows if they have anything for CVS3 cooking or not. Of course they'll deny everything like they always do.

Monicker said on April 21, 2010 at 1:49 p.m.

@Burn

Actually, I think that was Morrigan performing a Vector Drain on poor old Tony.

Ex_Ein said on April 21, 2010 at 2:24 p.m.

OG that won't work since we're not dealing with the Japanese team only the american side of things anyway this is more of a marvel game they're going to have final word on alot of their side of the cast and Capcom is gonna be kinda "whatever works"

Corn They'll most likely have Daken(Wolverine's son) or X-23(a female genetic clone of wolverine) since both are fan favorites and

Ex_Ein said on April 21, 2010 at 2:25 p.m.

play big roles in the comics right now (Daken as dark Wolverine in Seige and X23 as a member of X-Force with second coming starting now)

Her0 said on April 21, 2010 at 2:46 p.m.

What I really want from the new MvC3 game is to actually use all 6 buttons. Never was a big fan of the 4-button type fighters. That way it adds more variety into the attacks and no accidental supers/ultra/whatevertheyarecalledinMvC3. The game looks amazing and I will personally be getting my ass whipped by all of NC when we go to tourneys and sessions. But hey if that's what we're playing I gotta move forward and jump in. My biggest wish is that they just bring back a slightly polished 3rd strike on XBL arcade that runs at arcade standards so I can stop playing laggy GGPO.

Dredhead117 said on April 21, 2010 at 4:13 p.m.

Lol laggy GGPO. Blame your connection and/or your router boss.

Invader_Darko said on April 22, 2010 at 7:11 p.m.

The "Dante" silhouette looks more like Wesker to me.