Kazuya Street Fighter X Tekken Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

180

Properties

Super Arts

Super — Devil Beam
Super
330

Comments

Me said on January 23, 2012 at 5:49 p.m.

FINALLY A KAZUYA GUIDE!

ArykheartX said on January 28, 2012 at 8:28 p.m.

what the hell is with the rising sun move is it really like that?

shadow050 said on January 29, 2012 at 12:23 a.m.

eising sun is probably his spin kicks or something.... the jumping spin kick into 2 low ones, and finished with a mid one. that's the only thing i can think of.

i serious hope one of those moves is his gut punch that crumples opponents in tekken - it's like my favorite move/attack in the game lol

JanTheMan said on January 29, 2012 at 2:12 a.m.

Isn't Rising Sun his 2-uppercut move?

I think it's (depending on game):
1. df+LP -> RP

2. (while rising) LP -> RP

Anyway, why in the bloody hell are there too many quarter-circle motions?

JiCi said on January 29, 2012 at 4:25 a.m.

His Mist Step should technically be a Dragon Punch motion.

Adellmanga said on January 29, 2012 at 5:43 a.m.

gayzuya sucks

Twofour said on January 31, 2012 at 1:23 a.m.

Really curious to know how a good old fashioned square square triangle combo works in a street fighter game lol

FatMus2 said on February 3, 2012 at 9:21 a.m.

@7 It actually works quite well, just like a regular cross rush except it causes knockdown at the end. Kazuya really does play like his tekken incarnations, but at the same time he fits really well into the street fighter style of play.

Virtua_Kazama said on February 10, 2012 at 12:23 p.m.

Mist step was always a good dash for Kazuya in Tekken. Just like Dudley's Duck Step in SF.

Rising_Jaguar said on February 16, 2012 at 12:31 a.m.

@Jan the man
I know right?!~ Share some quarter circles with Asuka Damnit! xD

DiLegenDario said on February 19, 2012 at 10:48 p.m.

@Twofour I'm pretty sure the input will be the same (square, square, triangle) It will probably be a target combo for Kazuya

DiLegenDario said on February 19, 2012 at 11:29 p.m.

@7 I'm pretty sure the input will be the same (square, square, triangle) It will probably be a target combo for Kazuya

TheShotokan said on March 2, 2012 at 7:06 a.m.

Twofour said on March 4, 2012 at 5:09 p.m.

So far kazuya feels the most like tekken to me,I tried Hwoarang and a few others and i got trashed lol it's a really fun game tho...if anybody else here has it early hmu online on ps3 dizzydee23

Twofour said on March 4, 2012 at 5:17 p.m.

That's ps3 by the way my bad lol.

HITSUGAYA_1 said on March 5, 2012 at 12:10 p.m.

Been a huge huge SSF4 fan, however, the Tekken characters on the game are way better. This game is fun! and Kazuya is a beast in this game...

Mr_Sancocho said on March 6, 2012 at 12:52 a.m.

holyyyyyyy kazuya has so many moves!!

Freyzii said on March 6, 2012 at 8:11 a.m.

What the hell does "N" mean?

larryb1988 said on March 6, 2012 at 2:48 p.m.

@#18 Neutral

Positronium said on March 12, 2012 at 5:19 p.m.

Agony Spear is actually L. Kick L. Punch M. Kick, not L. Punch L. Punch M. Kick.

CHMOD said on March 14, 2012 at 10:57 p.m.

Infinite: jHK crMP crHP xx qcbLP crHP xx qcbHK (crMP xx qcbMP crHP xx qcbHK) repeat

Kazuya said on March 15, 2012 at 9:22 a.m.

Yeah I haven't played this game yet, but I hear Kazuya is a beast. Care to explain what makes him a beast in this game? This question is open to anyone.

herrokitty said on March 16, 2012 at 8:06 p.m.

I've been experimenting with Kazuya and I'm starting to think he's broken. He can do 413+ damage off of an 8 hit combo that only uses one block of meter. Something doesn't seem right about that lol

The combo is Cr.MK to QCB LP, Cr.HP to QCB LP+MP, Cr.HP to QCF Any P. Basic easy to perform combo. I'm sure there are more complicated ones that are worse.

Dygengar said on March 20, 2012 at 5:15 a.m.

Hands down one of the best damage dealers in the entire game and to top it off he's fairly easy to use in my opinion if u always wanted to use someone with easy combos that contain links and chains which are pretty damn hard to interrupt kazuya is you man I haven't done ranked match yet but I'll be on tonight in a endless lobby if you fairly new or just wanna trade some combo tech HMU plus there's a video on YouTube by my good friend lord of ultima who discovered a nice and EXTREMELY useful version of his lightning god fist which has all the properties of the ex version more of a juggle count and more damage and the icing on the cake IT USES NO METER but be forewarned it's hard to preform mainly for all the SF players who are new to the mist step motion but for us TK veterans it's a piece of cake PSN:NYCHE

Robbo said on April 9, 2012 at 1:21 p.m.

Kazuya has an awesome combo that does 440 with no meter, it is:

Jump in HK, Cr.Mp, Cr.HP xx qcb LP, Cr.MP, Cr.HP xx qcb HP.

After the qcb LP (Slaughter Hook) The opponent bounces for a while, so if you're far away, or even just to make the timing easier, you can walk forward a bit after the slaughter hook before throwing the Cr.MP.

chaoslimits said on April 10, 2012 at 5:43 a.m.

@24 Loltima didn't discover anything.

Robbo said on April 11, 2012 at 4:57 a.m.

I also forgot to mention the combo I put up in comment #25 is corner only.

Jnoz3612 said on April 22, 2012 at 12:37 p.m.

Im a huge fan of Super Street Fighter IV & an even bigger Tekken fan, but the one thing that stil is really frustrating to me is how much over powered the Street Fighter ppl ie the usual Ken & Ryu just because its street fighter, but I really cant wait til Tekken X Street Fighter comesout esp to see Tekken back in FULL 3D and Street Fighter in 3D, I just wonder if the graphics will be as good or better than the graphics in Tekken Tag 2. Oh yea & Kazuya is a freaking BADASS. But Street Fighter X Tekken is stil a BADASS game period.

Robbo said on April 24, 2012 at 6:13 p.m.

If you think the Street Fighter characters are overpowered in this game, I'm sorry but you're just wrong. The Tekken fighters are the more powerful group, they have these really easy high/low mix up string combos that no street fighter character has. Take a look at all the options for high low mixup with his target combos. It's insanely powerful and very effective and it takes very little skill to pull off. While guys like Hugo (500 damage unassisted with no meter use) and Rolento do seem like they're overpowered, they're not, and Kazuya can just infinite Hugo anyway.

That aside though, TxSF will hopefully be really awesome! Let's hope to see it in 2012/2013!

Robbo said on April 25, 2012 at 1:24 p.m.

Oh, I've outdone myself with a new combo that is better damage (but maybe a bit harder) than the one I put up in Comment 25. It is as follows;

(Corner or close to corner required)
Jump HK, Cr.HP xx qcb LP, mist step MP/HP, Cr.MP,Cr.HP xx qcb HP

For the timing and execution I think the only challenge is the mist step after the qcb LP, I found the timing is easiest if you let yourself slide forward during the mist step a bit before pressing the punch button to do the rising uppercut. Then you just stall a bit and then do cr.MP, and once again the window of time to land the cr.MP is pretty big, and once you land that the Cr.HP cancel into qcb HP is easy.

If anyone wants to play sometime I'm down. I live in Canada and I'll play online, endless, online training room, whatever. Hope this combo helped you lay a beatdown on someone.

The other thing about this combo is it requires no meter and is 456 damage. So what you can do is instead of finishing with qcb HP, you can finish with qcb LP and do a switch cancel to a second character to come in and follow up with whatever. If you do this combo out of a corner, after the mist step either do dragon uppercut to MK, or do the rising uppercut, then before they hit the ground your Cr.HK still has enough time and reach to land.

Robbo said on April 25, 2012 at 1:32 p.m.

Also, if you find yourself in the corner, you can cross up with jumping MK then start the combo at the first Cr.HP for an awesome bait. Bait people into following you to the corner and both the slaughter hook and the mist step to rising uppercut will push them into the corner which is what is needed for the final hits to connect. (especially the last qcb HP)

Also, you can add in a Cr.MP before the first Cr.HP, but due to damage scaling it's better to just do Cr.HP first after the jumping attack.

Robbo said on May 3, 2012 at 2:14 p.m.

I have now outdone myself again and come up with a 460 damage combo in the corner (or with this one even relatively close to the corner) that takes no meter! And the last hit can be switch canceled! But note that damage scaling will make whatever you follow up with pretty minimal. Anyway, the combo goes like this;

J.HK,St.HP xx Mist Step into Rising Uppercut, St.HP xx Mist Step into Rising Uppercut,Cr.HP xx qcb HP.

My advice for this one is to get used to pressing towards the opponent during the St.Hps. Once you get the Forward+HP into mist step you'll be mostly there. You just do that twice then a ducking HP cancel into qcb HP which is easy. The cool thing about the St.HP,mist step rising upper is it's very safe on block, and on hit you can just do it again. If you land one St.HP, mist step rising upper, you can just do another st.HP mist step into DRAGON upper (LP) with the kick follow up if you're not in the corner. Also, after the first rising upper if they block, you can throw a Cr.Lk and it's pretty safe, and if they attack you'll likely trade. Or you can instead of doing the Cr.Lk after, you can do Ex slaughter hook (QCB LP+MP) because it has invincibility frames from 1-10 so you can blow through an attack if you predict it, or if it's got slow startup you can even just react with it! Anyway good luck. If anyone needs help doing the mist steps I can give some advice there. Just make a post looking for help and I'll help in any way I can.

(I use a stick, so I'm not sure my advice will be very helpful if you're a pad player)

Robbo said on May 3, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

But once you get the hang of those mist steps into rising uppercuts this combo is criminally easy to do, and I seriously recommend learning the mist step motion as it helps with a few other characters in the game.

smartestman said on June 12, 2012 at 7:26 p.m.

Hey if anyone wants to see something really amazing for kuzuya, equip a partner with the pandora extensino gem, and then put the power level 3 gem on kuzuya. Make sure your opponent is in the corner is possible then go for this combo.

Jmp HK, cr HP, EX Slaughter Hook, cr HP, ex Slaughter Hook, cr HP, Devil Beam,

Damage against normal is 919 damage or pretty much all of almost anyone's health.

Tevman1234 said on January 23, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.

Kazuya is the character I use in Ranked and Endless Battles. But I would like to see if I can work with Jn and Kazuya ad a few other Street Fighter X Tekken Players
But I do know Ryu, Ken, Gouki, Guile, Sagat a lot.