Vega Street Fighter X Tekken Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

150
Hard
150
EX
150

or
Remove Claw (EX removes mask)
Properties

Properties

Super Arts

Bloody High Claw
Damage
Super
280

Comments

neogeo_city said on February 16, 2012 at 2:31 a.m.

no izuna drop :(

Holtrain said on February 16, 2012 at 4:24 a.m.

I saw him do ex Flying Barcelona Attack into Izuna Drop on a video so he still has it.

Holtrain said on February 16, 2012 at 4:34 a.m.

Don't guess I can link from my IPod but if you go to YouTube and search Street Fighter x Tekken Exclusive Footage it's by a guy named Theshadowloo or something like that and it shows Vega doing it

Necreon said on February 16, 2012 at 4:38 a.m.

@3 That's correct.
Here is the combo vid:

Kawalorn said on February 16, 2012 at 6:39 a.m.

I'm quite sure Bloody High Claw is now done with punches not kicks.

USAgent said on February 16, 2012 at 3:36 p.m.

It was done with kicks in SF4. Why would it change now?

Kawalorn said on February 17, 2012 at 2:08 a.m.

It was written in his move list they released earlier. IMO it even makes more sense when it's done with punches since it resembles Sky High Claw (which is his charged move) instead of Flying Barcelona Attack.

ArcShawdow said on March 4, 2012 at 7:02 p.m.

Wow BHC is really easy to pull off now. Vega just got that much better

USAgent said on March 5, 2012 at 11:41 p.m.

His Sky High Claw has lost some of it's functionality. He friggin' taunts before he does it now when telegraphs "hey, get ready to anti-air the hell out of this move". I hate it so much.

Kawalorn said on March 9, 2012 at 3:42 a.m.

Anyone know if it's possible to combo into Heavy RCF (not EX) by Vega himself?

Necreon said on March 10, 2012 at 12:28 p.m.

I think it's still possible to cancel the double fierce to HP RCF, but I'm not sure, I'm a PC player so I can't try it.

SilentSlade said on March 11, 2012 at 1:21 a.m.

Just got the game a few hours ago, so I am still very green.

Put some work into Vega tonight and I thought I would share some notes so we can get more Vega players out there kicking ass. Poke game is very high with this guy, and he has very few match ups where he loses out to others on speed.
Law comes to mind here.

I found that his Cross Art has a HUGE range, crosses the screen, and Punishes tagging partners. It also resembles his 2nd SF IV Ultra, the Splendid Claw.
Definitely a great setup move for your team.

His Izuna Drop is a lot tighter to land than in previous games, and I feel it mostly works in the air.
That aside his flying Barcelona crosses up quite often and can be followed up with light kicks, potential for a combo is there, Will need to play with him more.

Piece of Mercury Works wonders in Cross Assaults as does Cosmic Heel, and RCF for setting up your partner.

His Sky High Claw works great if you dont charge it, and the EX is still evil as ever. Good fireball eating properties.

Gem game with Vega seems to prefer some Green speed gems, as it makes him a very quick and lethal threat, and makes those cross ups very unpredictable.

I'll keep playing with him and report back anything else I feel helps his game.

Would love to see videos and comments from you guys telling me what you feel is a good way to get your Vega game going strong in SFxTK

Kawalorn said on March 11, 2012 at 9:55 a.m.

#11 Yeah me too. That's why I have to ask and can't check myself. XD

Jake_da_Thrilla said on March 11, 2012 at 8:46 p.m.

I think that this version of Vega is as strong as he's ever been due to the nature of this game. His poke game(coupled with his speed) is fantastic in this game. Slap some defense, speed, and gauge gems, and he's an outright monster.

KingGorilla said on May 4, 2012 at 4:06 p.m.

@Kawalron, I fought your Vega when you sent me a message saying you wanted to fight. And when I was bodying you, you rage quit haha loser. And I was using the cats LOL scrub.

Kawalorn said on May 10, 2012 at 2 p.m.

@UP I don't have a console.

smartestman said on May 21, 2012 at 7:43 p.m.

Just a note on his Bloody high claw for this game. First it is triple punch second, when you activate it and the screen flashes black the game processes your controller pad or stick as if its at neutral state for a moment. Due to this nuetral state you can go right or left (based on which wall you want to go to and it will go to that if you go that direction after the screen goes black) Please note that if you do not let your stick or pad go back to a neutral position then choose your direction it will ALWAYS select the wall away from the opposing character.

shadow050 said on October 22, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

did they ever fix him so his OH can connect for a combo against crouching opponents? because it's always been RETARDED that it can only combo on standing opponents -_-