Guile Street Fighter X Tekken Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

Properties

Super Arts

Super — Sonic Hurricane
Damage
Super
300

Comments

Oroku_Saki said on June 19, 2011 at 6:06 p.m.

Hmmmn, I hope Guile still has his air throw. One of my favorite moves. Let's also hope he isn't as nerfed as in Super SF 4 AE.

Rafael2487 said on June 19, 2011 at 8:19 p.m.

He has an air throw, i saw the trailer before he did that on marduk...
Charging a flash kick when doing the abc combo and tagging...
Guile should be interesting in this game...

thepuscifer said on June 20, 2011 at 12:38 a.m.

I think Guile will be one of the top 4 best characters in this game, easily.

darko_p86 said on June 21, 2011 at 4:03 p.m.

guile is THE best. hope he still has his flash explosion.

DJ_Sliick said on July 7, 2011 at 11:21 a.m.

guile is really tiring they should throw in charlie i mean hes better in my eyes 1 handed sonic boom & his flash kick is better

Keetro said on July 14, 2011 at 12:52 a.m.

i agree charlie is way better

sephirothclone said on August 5, 2011 at 11:16 p.m.

^ Got nothing against Guile, and I use him whenever I can.

...But I prefer Charlie as well. Hopefully, maybe...he might get in to show some Alpha love. Doubt it, but it'd be awesome.

Guilessonicboom said on September 4, 2011 at 8:37 a.m.

Guile is cooler than everyone! I'd prefer Remy to be in the game than Charlie.

glendo15 said on September 20, 2011 at 10:01 a.m.

top tier to where he belongs the family man!

CosmicScrub said on January 29, 2012 at 3:04 a.m.

It may be that in the comics charlie is announce dead and then u got the whole drama of him in SSF4 Series with him saving abel, training him, blah blah. Iam a fan of guile but Nash is the original, its annoying that the guy who mastered the sonic boom is no where to be seen in fighting games hardly anymore.

Me said on January 31, 2012 at 4:20 p.m.

You guys dont understand you cant have Charlie but not have Guile its just not right people if you think about it

darko_p86 said on February 7, 2012 at 9:39 p.m.

Me

they can surely make Guile and Charlie distinguishable from each other in the same exact way that Ryu and Ken are. tweak up Charlie's moves so that when you play him, you do not play like Guile. Any advanced player knows that if you spam hadokens and do that noob stuff that works as Ryu, you'll get slaughtered. That could be transitioned the same way. It would force you to play differently with Charlie than if you would just try and pull a Guile, or again...you'll get slaughtered.

and Charlie's one hand boom and backward rotation flash kick looks bada$$ as well.

guess he just wasnt on the development teams popular list. oh well, he might have a chance as a DLC. im rootin for him.

StellarSTLR said on February 16, 2012 at 12:41 a.m.

@12 Charlie needs to "come back from the dead" and reclaim his US martial arts champion title.

And I completely agree that if Charlie does make a return, that his move list be similar but distinguishable from Guile's move set, just like Ryu/Ken are.

jkuc316 said on February 16, 2012 at 4:04 a.m.

How do you charge in SFxT Back charge then forward? or back the forward charge?

Kenshiro said on February 16, 2012 at 4:15 a.m.

We'll never get Charlie unless Ono wishes to do a Dream Match type of game.

You know the type of game that solely exists to bring Street Fighter characters together regardless of storyline relevancy.

StellarSTLR said on February 16, 2012 at 12:03 p.m.

@15 And you assume this because Charlie is what? Dead? I think not. Sigh, I don't know where to begin so I'll stop before I start.

And don't ever say anything in absolutes. Absolutes are annoyingly trollish.

darko_p86 said on February 16, 2012 at 7:01 p.m.

jkuc316

should be the same as ssf4. back charge then forward punch button.

and yo, forget the story. i love sf and tekken stories but lets be serious, the sf team hasnt really made the best stories. just put him in there for the fan's sake regardless of story. who dwells on story mode more than a few times? and sfxt story portrayal sucks balls. its just stupid pictures. they should do the animation like the real in game fight graphics. not no still motionless pictures and i love anime but no, dont do it in anime either. use the damn in-game graphics like they did ssf4 riva scenes. heck they should do a whole full 2 hour movie feature with just those graphics

ljay103 said on March 8, 2012 at 5:58 p.m.

Ok, why in the frick is there input delay in the game? Every Sonic Boom that I do is not immediate. It takes almost 1 second to release it! Its terrible. Its not Guile, I know, its the game in general. Is it because its a new game and everyone is on the server? I got my PS3 hardwired into my router and i'm playing in slow motion while everyone is playing in real-time! Download is about 20-23 Mbps and upload is close to 10 Mbps. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah...I posted a lot in SFIV on this site, but slowly but surely, im getting owned left and right. This input delay took a great toll on my gameplay. I'm at around 0-22 at the moment. I main Guile like a champ but all it takes is getting knocked in the air ONCE before 7/8 of my health gauge is drained. I need tips with this new gameplay and adapting to this horrific lag. That, and the broken sound is terrible.

darko_p86 said on March 10, 2012 at 1:27 a.m.

ljay103

THATS IT!!! that's exactly the word(s) i've been looking for as to explain how weird guile feels; "input delay"! i swear my combo i used to do in ssf4 will not come out. and yes there is an input delay on booms, but for me mostly on combos. it takes about half a second for it to come out, WHEN it comes out. see the exact combo i do in ssf4 will not work here. instead he does a fierce punch even tho i never pressed that button. cp cp mp flash-kick or boom was my bb. now, he RARELY does that even tho i push in the same exact motion as in ssf4.

my problem is not booms in general, but it is in combos. you might have controller issues. i had 2 controllers once. with one, any move i did had a delay, even in offline play. and that was the controller that actually came with the system. my red on i had was supreme. yes, i use a ps3 pad people. anyway. if its not your controller, it just might be your internet connection.

darko_p86 said on March 10, 2012 at 1:37 a.m.

and i hate that spinning back knuckle does not have that range that guile usually has. that's HIS THING! heck, in that case why stop there? could have just as well stripped him off his boom and flash kick. make him fight with just normals.

i remember, i played dhalsim for a few seconds and they stripped him of most of his good sh!t. like jumping long arms and most of the long limb moves. even tho i don't play sim, that was HIS THING!!! i know they had to adjust him so the tekken side could get close to sim, but still... have the tekken cast "FIND" their way into sims strategy like the rest of the sf cast that does not have projectiles.

sorry sim fans. i feel for ya. i want my character back too.

jaysenedwinward said on March 13, 2012 at 1:14 p.m.

@#20

Dhalsim's long arm moves are all still there. You have to press forward to get them to come out.

It's a PITA

darko_p86 said on March 13, 2012 at 7:57 p.m.

haven't played him but for a second. my controller setup was weird too at that time. but a lot of my friends online say he's different.

millenniumccdc said on January 25, 2014 at 12:39 p.m.

Guile is slower combos lack the speed I'm a use to on ssf4.
The tekken characters are missing side stepping and side throws they feel nerfed without it the projectiles are easy. Brant fury's signature more was a side step with elbow to the cranium. Guile just feels like the flow im on this for 2 weeks and the moves are there but I just can't get my rushdown. I do like the fake sonic boom it adds a little mixup.

millenniumccdc said on January 25, 2014 at 12:41 p.m.

Guile is slower combos lack the speed I'm a use to on ssf4.
The tekken characters are missing side stepping and side throws they feel nerfed without it the projectiles are easy. Brant fury's signature more was a side step with elbow to the cranium. Guile just feels like the flow is lost. Im on this for 2 weeks and the moves are there but I just can't get my rushdown. I do like the fake sonic boom it adds a little mixup.