Spencer Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

Guide last updated on
November 18, 2011 at 3:20 p.m. PST

Spencer Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

Character Overview
This guide is not complete, please check back for new information over time.

Special Moves

Wire Grapple
Damage
Light
30,000
Medium
30,000
Hard
30,000

Properties

If Spencer's Wire Grapple connects, he can do these follow ups by pressing an Attack button.

Reel In Punch

Hard
35,000

Properties

Smash Kick / Critical Hit
Damage

157,500

Can only do this after a Medium or Hard Jaw Breaker. You can get a Critical Hit if your timing is dead on.

Armor Piercer

Assists
Type Move Class Angle
A Wire Grapple (H. Shot) Shot
B Wire Grapple (Slant Shot) Shot
Y Armor Piercer Direct

Move Legend
— Press any Attack Button (Light, Medium or Hard)

— Light Attack

— Medium Attack

— Hard/Heavy Attack

— The Exchange/Air Combo button

— Press two of the Attack Buttons at the same time.

Costume Colors
Spencer's main costume colors in Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Credit
Contributions to this guide by SFilp, Ragionus, NekoStar, Raijin, Cyclone_Arkana, Janomy, Kanta Kun, Bad_Ken, TomatoHat, Poll Dog, FeelmissUU, Trintin and Akasha.

Comments

CaptainPwnSauce said on February 1, 2011 at 9:59 p.m.

I'm willing to bet his armor piercer will be his best assist, if it's the same as his actual armor piercer it will get you a wall bounce, setting up a free hyper combo. And if anyone knows the control scheme for the direction he shoots his wire would you please put it here in the comments? Thanks.

THawk said on February 4, 2011 at 12:05 a.m.

Of all the chars we've seen so far... Spencer looks the worst. Obviously we need hands on for awhile to make that an accurate statement... but he just seems to be missing something.

Mikeydactyl said on February 4, 2011 at 2:23 a.m.

@thawk

How in the world does he look the worst? In the few videos he's been shown he's held his own, he's even dominated in one. I'm guessing you haven't seen much by him... :|

xShonuffx said on February 4, 2011 at 6:28 a.m.

#3 I think he will be one of those technical characters that are really hard to play. He won't be ncecessarily weak but if you don't know how to utilize his arm it will be difficult to play him strong. I'd say he's an expert character.

He just does'nt look easy to pick up and play.

tktktk43 said on February 4, 2011 at 8 a.m.

Spencer is lame. Waste. He had potential...capcom did not deliver.

RaiZo said on February 4, 2011 at 8:27 a.m.

Oh man, Spencer is my favourite videogame character EVER. I'm gonna main him SOOOOOO BADLY.

But is kinda dissapointing that he has just 2 Hypers... it would be great if he had a third Hyper... Maybe he has and it wasn't shown :D (I HOPE SO)
Anyways, i'm gonna kick asses playing as him >:D

BIONIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!!

Sogmor said on February 4, 2011 at 9:47 a.m.

@#5

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said one of the only decent capcom characters was a waste.

CaptainPwnSauce said on February 4, 2011 at 12:42 p.m.

Screw the haters, this dude is gonna be my main :P and it's nice to finally see his controls specified :)

YoshinatorZ said on February 4, 2011 at 11:56 p.m.

I blame Spencer for taking Frank Wests' slot.

THawk said on February 7, 2011 at 10:42 a.m.

lol now Frank would have been a wasted spot. Capcom at least got that right.

chainsawww said on February 7, 2011 at 3:04 p.m.

BIONIC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMM

MadMetalSlayer said on February 10, 2011 at 7:39 p.m.

I'm okay with Spencer but i would have preferred the old school Bionic Commando though

xShonuffx said on February 11, 2011 at 3:53 a.m.

My biggest problem is that he only has 2 Hypers. Whats up with that? Not even a Level 3?

DeathQuote44 said on February 13, 2011 at 10:42 p.m.

ON GROUND

Light attack is straight forward
Medium is diagonal up
Heavy is straight up

iN AIR

Light is straight forward
Medium is diagonal down
Heavy is straight down

And trust me, he doesn't need three hypers. He's that good!

Masose said on February 23, 2011 at 9:43 a.m.

Gotta understand that spencer here deals a ton of damage fast! Light - Medium - Hard - C.Hard xx Armor Piercer (wall bounce) to Bionic Lancer and OTG with air Medium Wire Grapple is already a good 70% for half the cast!

cjcneocon said on March 6, 2011 at 12:08 a.m.

I enjoy playing as Spencer and it's a bonus that he is my favorite Capcom character.
As far as MvC3 I think he has alot of potential especial if you can move around the screen well using S+L. He has decent vitality, and pretty good strength. I find that he has alot of potential when using wire action airborne. His Bionic Lancer seems to be his more reliable Hyper Combo a as well as being Easier to utilize in a combo or when worked into a Team Hyper Combo. As far as normal strings; he proves weak.

PwnDizzle0 said on March 14, 2011 at 3:27 p.m.

Spencer is BEAST!!!

efire_ said on April 27, 2011 at 11:14 a.m.

I so love watching Marn use him. Epic stuff.

A_Ston3d_MONKEY said on November 21, 2011 at 6:27 p.m.

dnt you mean combofiend?^

JaazzRap said on November 16, 2012 at 10:15 a.m.

My favorite character in the game, Spencer is so epic!!!!!!!!!!

JiCi said on January 11, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

Wow, lackluster much?

How come he doesn't have a special attack where he just shoot his hand out like a projectile? and how come he has no firearms either?