Hsien-Ko (Lei Lei) Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

Guide last updated on
November 18, 2011 at 4:49 p.m. PST

Hsien-Ko Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

Character Overview
This guide is not complete, please check back for new information over time.

Special Moves

Weapon Toss (Anki Hou)
Damage
Depends on weapon
70,000 - 80,000

Gong Reflect (Henkyou Ki)
Damage
Light
70,000
Medium
70,000
Hard
70,000

Properties

Pendulum Swing (Senpuu Bu)
Damage
Light
102,300 - 162,400
Medium
130,200 - 178,900
Hard
142,100 - 185,900

Properties

Can be used repeatedly.

Command Grab (Houten Geki)
Damage

Assists
Type Move Class Angle
A Pendulum Swing Direct
B Gong Reflect Shot
Y Weapon Toss Shot

Move Legend
— Press any Attack Button (Light, Medium or Hard)

— Light Attack

— Medium Attack

— Hard/Heavy Attack

— The Exchange/Air Combo button

— Press two of the Attack Buttons at the same time.

Costume Colors
Hsien-Ko's main costume colors in Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Credit
Contributions to this guide by ScytheWP and SFilp.

Comments

Mr_Clack said on February 1, 2011 at 3:45 p.m.

I Bet ONO personally chose this character for this DEAD series!

Shareware said on February 2, 2011 at 12:50 a.m.

ur so smart lol

seriously

ono

rofl

foreverbadass said on February 2, 2011 at 5:13 p.m.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

God, it's going to be great to use Hsien-Ko again. I just wonder if she has her anti-air normal (toward + fierce) and if her Dark Force works as it did in DS3.

Kaizato said on February 3, 2011 at 1:41 a.m.

I'm gonna main Hsien-Ko.

She's so cute <3

THawk said on February 4, 2011 at 12:01 a.m.

Way to annoying. That voice...

WASSHOI said on February 4, 2011 at 1:53 a.m.

I'm hoping her Japanese voice is better. She always had a cutesy voice, but I feel it's a bit too cutesy from the English trailers.

Kid_Kuma said on February 4, 2011 at 2:18 a.m.

The only problem I see with Hsien-Ko is the whole fact that non-contact special moves don't build meter anymore. One of Hsien's main strengths in the Darkstalkers series was the ability to build her meter faster than anyone else, with her multi pendulum cancels. She looks strong don't get me wrong, but just understand where I'm coming from. Her meter management was one of her main strengths in Darkstalkers, she no longer has that to her advantage anymore.

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on February 4, 2011 at 5:01 a.m.

I like the fact she can juggle weapons and still be smiling haha.

Paine said on February 4, 2011 at 6:31 a.m.

This character might have made me realized that I'm a necrophiliac. She is going to be so good.

Otter_of_Death said on February 4, 2011 at 6:41 a.m.

Take that! Take that! Take that! Take that!

Cammystrike said on February 4, 2011 at 8:26 a.m.

@1 coming from the same idiot that wants Strider in the game, don't make me laugh you fruit cake.

Sakura said on February 4, 2011 at 8:31 a.m.

What's wrong with Strider?

Cammystrike said on February 4, 2011 at 8:38 a.m.

@7 Storm's main strength was building meter in MvC2, and that's been nerfed to hell, and she's still one of the best characters in the game. As for Hsien you could probably use her anki hou's to build meter and pester your opponent enough to coming in at you. That's my gameplan with her at least since her mobility isn't the greatest. I'll try to annoy with gongs and anki hou, until they feel foolish enough to rush in on her. Activate her darkforce then get down and dirty on them. Hehe man I can't wait to represent the Hsien army, since I can already tell she's going to be underused just like Makoto.

Cammystrike said on February 4, 2011 at 8:42 a.m.

@12 That guy hating on Hsien-ko and calling the series dead, wants Strider in the game. A character who's series has been dead and buried far longer then Darkstalkers. So not only is he being an idiot he's also a hypocrite to say such things.

holmes15688 said on February 4, 2011 at 12:23 p.m.

chowdizzle said on February 4, 2011 at 3:31 p.m.

@15 He never said Strider shouldn't be in the game. He's just saying that #1's logic is hypocritical.

And I can tell you that there are plenty of people that don't take her as a joke.

Strider as DLC? That'd be badass, I'm all for it.

Paine said on February 4, 2011 at 3:34 p.m.

hurrr derrr I think my opinions=fact

Get over yourself. I like Strider, but why are the people asking the most for him the ones that are the most annoying?

YoshinatorZ said on February 4, 2011 at 11:52 p.m.

The Dong reflecting thing seems annoying. I'm guessing the best anti-projectile character.

camseyeview said on February 5, 2011 at 7:12 a.m.

strider wont make it due to him being a different licensing ordeal and capcom rather not pay anyone else royalties on licensed characters than marvel right now

SakuraKasuganoFan said on February 7, 2011 at 11 a.m.

i like her..shes on my team now :D was hopin for megaman juri and sakura but that might not happen >_<

chainsawww said on February 7, 2011 at 3:08 p.m.

Assist B will be godlike.

Just a prediction. No moar DISRUPTAH!

Thirtyfour said on February 10, 2011 at 12:34 p.m.

Hsien-Ko's movements are creepy as anything but.... still.
Would you?

MetroCityPub said on February 10, 2011 at 12:34 p.m.

@15 You're a joke. GTFO.

Paine said on February 10, 2011 at 2:39 p.m.

I think I might roll with assist A unless it just ends up being a crappy mix-up. Gives some pretty good block stun on it, and it doesn't knock them into the air.

Kebo said on February 10, 2011 at 3:04 p.m.

gong reflect? looks like I found my new assist ghetto!

Virtua_Kazama said on February 10, 2011 at 5:55 p.m.

Lei-Lei was beast in Darkstalkers, so I'm gonna use her again!

Masose said on February 19, 2011 at 9:19 p.m.

activating her super armor hyper and then switching characters is a great plan with her. Keeping the a assist, she'll never get hit out of her animation and you can disrupt a lot of attacks with the range of her Senpuu bu.

GeorgeMaple said on April 10, 2011 at 8:26 a.m.

@ 19 Actually Strider is an original IP so they could add him whenever they want.

Hrm said on April 11, 2011 at 1:13 p.m.

@28: The game Strider is actually based on a manga by Moto Kikaku. Honestly, it's unusual that he was ever in a vs game, since they don't have other licensed characters in the series.
Strider being in MVC3 would require licensing agreements, and I doubt Capcom wants to go through the trouble again.

GeorgeMaple said on April 20, 2011 at 10:59 a.m.

@29 They went through all the trouble of localizing TvC, so I don't see what the problem would be here.

MacMan369 said on February 27, 2012 at 7:22 a.m.

What does the Rimoukon move actually do beside turn her green?