Hulk Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

Guide last updated on
February 21, 2011 at 11:18 p.m. PST

Hulk Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Moves, Combos, Strategy Guide

Character Overview
This guide is not complete, please check back for new information over time.

Special Moves

Light
135,400
Medium
171,800
Hard
204,600

Pressing the attack button again while doing this move will make Hulk do a follow up attack.

Gamma Charge Anti-air
Damage
Light
135,400
Medium
171,800
Hard
204,600

Gamma Tornado (Command Grab)
Damage

Assists
Type Move Class Angle
A Gamma Wave Shot
B Gamma Charge Direct
Y Gamma Charge Direct

Move Legend
— Press any Attack Button (Light, Medium or Hard)

— Light Attack

— Medium Attack

— Hard/Heavy Attack

— The Exchange/Air Combo button

— Press two of the Attack Buttons at the same time.

Costume Colors
Hulk's main costume colors in Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Credit
Contributions to this guide by SFilp, Ragionus, NekoStar, Raijin, Cyclone_Arkana, Janomy, Kanta Kun, Bad_Ken, TomatoHat, Poll Dog, FeelmissUU, Trintin and Akasha.

Comments

xShonuffx said on July 7, 2010 at 4:03 a.m.

Give him back his armor NOW!

Ex_Ein said on July 7, 2010 at 4:30 a.m.

I can't believe they made Rock Wave a charge and Gamma Charge a command

xShonuffx said on July 7, 2010 at 5:39 a.m.

@ Ex_Ein yeah, kind of silly but gamma charge is faster so it could be something he can abuse more easily now, still the controls are not perminant.

Hrm said on July 7, 2010 at 6:18 a.m.

@1: Kinda strange that they took away his super armor, but based on vids he seems to do fine without it.

BlackHart said on July 7, 2010 at 9:42 a.m.

In the vids he appears to be too fast, not like the actual hulk.

Cortez said on July 7, 2010 at 2:56 p.m.

@BlackHart: You're wrong there, Hulk is pretty agile dispite his size. The Hulk isn't slow at all.

omegax9000 said on July 7, 2010 at 3:10 p.m.

hulk is pretty quick not as fast as spidey or wolverine

YourEveryDayJackAss said on July 13, 2010 at 5:22 a.m.

HULK SMASH!

JBHCaptain said on July 14, 2010 at 12:19 p.m.

@Omegax9000: Also wrong. Hulk May not be as agile as either, but in terms of sheer speed Hulk is faster then both Wolverine and Spiderman.

AnsatsukenChamp said on July 14, 2010 at 3:36 p.m.

His damage output and how much he takes has been reduced from what ive seen(good thing is it aint tht huge of a dif) but his faster mobility makes it all better

THE_C0LLECT0R said on July 19, 2010 at 6:32 p.m.

I would like to see them play around the fact of his Different color schemes Gray/Red and have them be an unlockeable feature which may change the way he plays whether different super moves, his speed, power. Kind of similar to the secret version in MVC when he was orange.

SamJay123 said on July 28, 2010 at 9:40 a.m.

Damn. Evreything. Has. the word GAMMA in it!

SSJDante said on July 29, 2010 at 6:54 p.m.

i really hope capcom dont mess up juggernaughts looks the way they have done with the hulk, i feel if capcom just use the exact image for all the characters returning from mvc2 there wont a problem.

is it me or does the hulk sound and look rubbish lol

NumbahHwan said on August 4, 2010 at 4:18 a.m.

@ SSJDante i think hulk looked to handsome in mvc 1 and 2 and when he woud say "lets rock" i just looked silly. not to say the entire thing was effed just his face. i realy do hope they keep his lets rock

xShonuffx said on August 7, 2010 at 8:47 a.m.

To me Hulk sounds fine and looks fine, he is suppose to sound like a simple minded brute. I think Hulk from the previous vs. series was a bit too intelligent sounding and not enough mindless rage. Here Hulk looks like he is pissed. I mean, I like it when he said "Let's Rock" but it just never felt like Hulk.

Hulk is about Smash, Smash, SMASH!

Venom_Web said on August 25, 2010 at 10:42 p.m.

you are now thinking of the possibilities of what hulk could say when he switches to Amaterasu. my thought: DOGGIE!

Ex_Ein said on August 26, 2010 at 3:07 p.m.

@13-15
The Hulk from MVC1 and 2 was the 'Professor' personality, a personality where he has the intelligence of Bruce but the physical body of Savage(dumb) Hulk, which for someone who hasn't been keeping up with the comic or doesn't know the personality would be confused.

I'm angry they didn't choose to do Green Scar from Planet Hulk, if you haven't read it, READ IT! it is the way they should make hulk intelligent.

@SamJay123
Because the Hulk was created by exposure to gamma radiation

Raven said on January 15, 2011 at 11:11 p.m.

Hulk is definitely fast, think of a giant, powerful football player. His muscles allow him to jump for great distances and it takes no time at all for him to cover ground via running either.

Hulk is not as flexible or agile as Spider-Man/Wolverine, their designs reflect that.

Hanto said on January 16, 2011 at 9:18 p.m.

Hulk still has his armor #1, so far i've only seen it work while hes using gamma wave, gamma charge, and heavy punchs otherwise its there.

rogeromega said on February 1, 2011 at 11:59 p.m.

does he still do chip damage with his normals?

xShonuffx said on February 4, 2011 at 4:40 a.m.

#19 yeah I know, that was last year but it was hard to tell and I did'nt get to play him till Chicago Fight Club so I know, I know.

tonyyao82 said on February 4, 2011 at 9:04 a.m.

Is it possible that Gamma Quake will be a Level 3?

Hanto said on February 8, 2011 at 4:19 p.m.

#21 oh. my bad.
his normals dont do chip and he has 3 lvl 1's gamma crush still does alota damage tho.

rogeromega said on February 10, 2011 at 10:10 a.m.

@hanto: thanks

THawk said on February 20, 2011 at 3:30 a.m.

This guy is almost too good... Almost. Watch where you press buttons or you're dead.

General_Awesomo said on February 22, 2011 at 11:49 a.m.

What's up with the pictures? Colors 2 and 4 are reversed. The guy that made those 2 pics made Hulk face leftwards and then just reversed the pictures. You can tell by looking at the rips in his pants. That's sloppy.

Hrm said on March 2, 2011 at 11:03 a.m.

Hulk is really good. Definitely one of my favorite characters to use. I wish he had better ways to start combos than trying to stick an armored normal into an oncoming attack, but it works pretty well for him overall. Gamma wave is probably the best projectile in the game, I think. I've yet to see it get stopped or even matched by any other projectile except hypers. It just blows through everything.

@26: I don't think anyone else is OCD enough to be bothered by it.

the_frog_splash_lives said on March 5, 2011 at 5:04 a.m.

Hulk is basically my get out of jail card. I have him as my number two in my team with Super Skrull/Dante/Spidey as point and either Doom, Ammy and Task Master/Wesker as final character. Hulk is instantly my balancer on my team if point gets killed Hulk kills everyone else.

OffDaCh3n3y said on March 6, 2011 at 5:12 a.m.

Hulk still has the highest damage output in the game and armor on his standing medium and standing heavy, wow this is a long time since a comment has been made but now im involved lol?

xAwperatorx said on March 12, 2011 at 11:05 p.m.

Hulk's a beast.

#25 you're right. Too many noobs spamming heavy attack, special.

If you know someone's coming in for an attack and you time the heavy attack, though.... it's over.

mfinnegan73 said on April 5, 2011 at 12:03 p.m.

Air H, Air S, CR H, S, Air M, Air M, Air H, Air S, OTG assist, H gamma charge followed by L, Gamma Crush. This is combo that requires one meter bar and deals 880500 damage, very easy to do only works in corner, but I don't know any combo other than infinites that do that much damage, with only one bar use, and so easy to execute

toki said on December 1, 2011 at 5:44 a.m.

Try this - a.M, a.H, S, s.L, cr.H, S, a.M, a.M, a.H, S, OTG assist, cr.H, a.H, S, Gamma Wave, Gamma Crush (~950k-1.1 mil)

For smaller chars, omit the aM to begin the combo. You're welcome.

General_Awesomo said on December 6, 2011 at 12:42 p.m.

So yeah, the costume colors 2 and 4 used to be facing to the left and reversed. With the addition of the UMvC3 colors, they fixed this. I also like that the Capcom characters are facing right, while the Marvel character are facing left. That's neat, thanks.

RuinedFaith said on December 10, 2012 at 4:02 p.m.

Hulk can do over a million with any 2 assists with very little effort, need some help getting there? Just PM me and I'll type you up a combo.

Gamma Wave is unstoppable once it starts, that being said, there ARE projectiles that go through it, but they have to be able to eat the durability on all of the rocks fast enough. The only one I've seen that isn't a gold armored+tricks Arthur would be Doctor Strange with a well timed Mystic Sword. I've eaten hypers plenty of times (I have to fight Iron Man/Nova and Chris/Deadpool so I've got some projectile practice).

His damage is higher.... much higher. With the system changes and the extra f.M he has, his magic series' tend to be much longer, and he can effortlessly get an extra relaunch (with the help of any assist, practically). Hulk tends to go corner-to-corner, as well, which means he can almost always end in Gamma Crush (always if you have Hidden Missiles).

To ALL Hulks - Stop mashing F when your opponent is in front of you. His standing M takes 3 frames for the armor to come out, 6 on the standing F, meaning that in those three frames that you don't have that armor, you're getting your ass beat by anything, whereas a s.M would've won because of how quick it can absorb shiz.

Also, Gamma Crush is arguably the best level 1 in the game. 2nd highest damage next to a MODOK with max levels of understanding (240,000 for gamma crush at FULL DAMAGE REDUCTION), and it's invincible on the way up, giving him plenty of time to dodge pretty much any hyper, and if someone tries to punish you, you can DHC pretty much at any point.

In fact, if ANYONE needs help learning how to play Hulk, just hit me up here, but MUCH preferably on youtube (xruinedfaithx)

I know, I know... it's been like a year since ANY comments here, just got kinda bored.